DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : June 26, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (June 26, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
World Bank approves $147 Million Loan to the Government of Jharkhand
- The World Bank approved a $147 million loan agreement to provide basic urban services to the people of Jharkhand.
- Their aim is to improve the management capacity of the urban local bodies (ULBs) in the state. They focus on improving the municipal sector’s capacity to provide basic urban services.
- They invest in urban services such as water supply, sewerage, drainage, and urban roads. Their main aim is to strengthen the capacity of the Jharkhand Urban Infrastructure Development Company (JUIDCO).
- Government of India urbanization and economic growth are interlinked and a comprehensive road map for municipal reforms through the AMRUT scheme.
Jharkhand Municipal Reform Programme to strengthen and improve urban services in a fast urbanizing state and will provide an impetus to economic growth.
- The components open to all 43 ULBs in the state to participate within an agreed framework under the project.
India proposes to host 2023 IOC session in Mumbai
- India proposed to host the 2023 International Olympic Committee session in Mumbai. It is expected to choose the host city for the 2030 Winter Olympics.
- Indian Olympic Association President Narinder Batra and IOC member Nita Ambani submitted the formal bid to the IOC chief Thomas.2022-2023 is the 75th year of Indian Independence and Indian sports are celebrated in India in a better way.
- Batra is elected as a new IOC member. IOC Session is the general meeting of the 100members. It is held once a year where each member has one vote.
The IOC decisions are final.
- The extraordinary Sessions are convened by the IOC President. India planned to host the ongoing session but they lost to the Italian city of Milan.
- IOC rule prohibits host city candidates being elected in their home country.
- The Italian city named as host of 2026 Winter Olympics.
About International Olympic Committee
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- Membership: 95 active members
- Honorary President: Belgium Jacques Rogge
- President: Germany Thomas Bach
Odisha CM releases Flood Hazard Atlas for effective management of flood
- Odisha Government released a Flood Hazard Atlas for efficient management of flood in the state. The report was released by the Odisha Chief Minister (CM) Naveen Patnaik.
- It is jointly prepared by the National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) of ISRO(Indian Space Research Organization) along with the Odisha State Disaster Management Authority (OSDAMA) analyzing data relating to flood from 2001 to 2018.
- Around 13.96 lakh hectares of land affected by flood every year in Odisha
Eight out of 30 districts such as Bhadrak, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Balasore, Puri, Jajpur, Khordha, and Cuttack districts are more flood-affected districts. 77% of Bhadrak and 70% of the Kendrapara district belong to flood hazard.
- Odisha made water resources department to ensure all breaches are closed and Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRF) and Fire Service Organisation are prepared for rescue operations.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
No-confidence motion against Speaker to be taken up on July 1
- DMK president M.K. Stalin proposed a motion of no-confidence against Mr. Dhanapal for the issue of three AIADMK legislators should not be disqualified with AMMK leader T.T.V. Dhinakaran.
- The three MLAs E. Rathinasabapathy (Aranthangi constituency), V.T. Kalaiselvan (Vriddhachalam) and A. Prabhu (Kallakurichi) approached the Supreme Court.
- The Assembly will be back to its largest number of members in the House.
The Nanguneri MLA H. Vasanthakumar winning the Lok Sabha polls left two constituencies vacant.
- The AIADMK has 122 MLA, the DMK 100, the Congress seven and the IUML and T.T.V. Dhinakaran is the lone independent MLA.
IOC inaugurated its $145 million new headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland
- The International Olympic Committee (IOC) inaugurated 145 million Swiss francs ($145 million) named Olympic House in a ceremony. It is held at the lakeside grounds of Olympic House in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- It is inaugurated exactly 125 years after the Olympic Games. The newly built headquarters designed by architecture firm 3XN of Denmark. It is built of 95% of the old materials
- The signature feature of the new building is a central staircase. Around 500 IOC employees under one roof. IOC members gathered in Lausanne to choose the 2026 Winter Games host among Milan-Cortina from Italy and Stockholm from Sweden.
- President: Thomas Bach
- Founders: Pierre de Coubertin, Demetrius Vikelas
Japan gifted Manipur a peace museum
- Japan gifted the Manipur museum of peace recently. This museum is gifted to mark the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Imphal. This is one of the important battles of the Second World War.
- The Imphal Peace Museum inaugurated at Red Hill. It is about 20 km southwest of Manipur’s capital Imphal. The museum is funded by the Nippon Foundation. It is a private, non-profit grant-making organization in Japan.
RANKING & INDEX
Kerala topped NITI Aayog’s Health index 2019 ranking
- Kerala has topped ranking state in terms of overall health performance as per the report submitted by NITI Aayog on health index. This is the second edition of its type. It measured the annual and incremental performances of states and UTs.
- Next to Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra have emerged as the second and third best performers, respectively, on health parameters. Uttar Pradesh and Bihar were ranked the two worst performers, respectively.
- Kerala secured an overall score of 74.01, while Uttar Pradesh was the least performing state with an overall score of 28.61. The report highlighted the outbreak of encephalitis in Bihar that killed over 150 children till 24 June.
- Formed on: 1 January 2015
- Headquarters: Delhi
- Chairman: Narendra Modi
- Vice Chairman: Rajiv Kumar
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
- It replaced the Planning Commission.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI advises commercial banks to adopt Education Loan Scheme
- Reserve Bank of India advised all Scheduled Commercial Banks to adopt Education Loan Scheme. The schemes are formulated by the Indian Banks Association.
The salient features are:
- Collateral free loans up to Rs 7.5 Lakh under the Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme for Education Loans (CGFSEL). No Margin for a loan up to Rs 7.50 Lakh.
Repayment period of 15 years
- Loan up to Rs 10 lakh for study in India and up to Rs 20 lakh for study abroad.
- One Year Moratorium for repayment after completion of studies in all cases.
- Moratorium taking into account spells of unemployment/underemployment say two or three times during the life cycle of the loan.
RBI unveils online portal for filing grievances
- The Reserve Bank of India launched an application on its website for lodging complaints against banks. The NBFCs decided to improve customer experience in timely redressal of grievances.
- Complaint Management System (CMS) is a software application its main aim to facilitate RBI’s grievance redressal process. Customers can raise complaints against any regulated entity with public interface such as commercial banks, urban cooperative banks, Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs).
- CMS will be accessible on desktop as well as on mobile devices. The RBI plans to introduce a dedicated Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system for tracking the status of complaints.
About Reserve bank of India
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Maruti Suzuki inks partnership with BOB for dealer financing
- Maruti Suzuki, an Automobile manufacturer in India signed ‘Preferred Financier’ MoU(Memorandum of understanding) with Indian multinational with Bank of Baroda(BOB) in order to improve credit for dealership inventory financing.
- The partnership with Bank of Baroda allows Maruti Suzuki to finance opportunities to dealers as well as customers. The financing will work in line with the Bank of Baroda’s product program of Supply Chain Finance.
- The tight liquidity situation in the financial system of the IL&FS crisis and rising bad loans prompted the banks. Lenders introduced strict credit norms for automobile dealers due to the rising cases of bad loans in this segment of the automobile industry. The dealers were asked to provide collateral extended by banks.
About Maruti Suzuki:
- CEO: Kenichi Ayukawa
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Central Government planned to set up Krishi Vigyan Kendras to double farmers’ income by 2022
- Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar made central Government to decide to use digital technology across rural India to double farmers income by the year 2022.
- The Government set up 713 Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVK) and 684 Agricultural Technology Management Agencies (ATMA) at the district level in the country for dissemination of technologies among the farming community.
- The Artificial Intelligence, Big Data Analytics, and Block Chair Technology, Internet of things(loT) are the technologies used here.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Vinit Goenka pens new book titled “Data Sovereignty – The Pursuit of Supremacy’
- The book, “Function of Data Sovereignty – The Pursuit of Supremacy’ .
- It is written by Vinit Goenka, Author, Secretary. He is a member of the Governing Council- CRIS (Centre for Railway Information Systems) and Ministry of Railways.
- The book focuses on steps and concrete actions required to build highly capable data centres to ensure data security. The book tells aspect of data generation and consumption.
- It encourages policymakers on data localization and creates awareness among the people on the potential of data and implications of data.
Indian women’s hockey team won FIH Series
- Indian Women’s Hockey team won the FIH (Fédération Internationale de Hockey) He defeated Japan 3-1 in the finals held at the Hiroshima Hockey Stadium, Japan.
- Indian team Captain Rani Rampal scored the first goal in the 3rd minute and Gurjit Kaur scored goals at the 45th and 60th minutes. Japan’s Kanon Mori scored the goal for the team.
- Gurjit Kaur emerged as World No. 9 Indian team qualified for the FIH Olympic Qualifiers 2019 .
About FIH/ International
- Headquarters: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Narinder Batra
- Founded: 7 January 1924
Lewis Hamilton won French Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes won the French Grand Prix. It is held in Circuit Paul Ricard, Le Castellet, France. They secured 187 points. The United Kingdom got an eighth straight win in the year 2019
- It was the sixth win of the season. It is 79th of his career. He defeated Valtteri Bottas of Mercedes (Finland) secured 151 points. Charles Leclerc of Ferrari (Monaco) got third. Max Verstappen of Red Bull (Belgium) fourth.
International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed on 26 June
- The International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is observed on 26 June every year. It is a United Nations International Day against drug abuse and the illegal drug trade.
- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has set the theme for 2019 as ‘Health for Justice, Justice for Health’.
- The theme highlights that justice and health are two sides of the same coin when it comes to addressing drug problems.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.