Daily Current Affairs: March 10, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (March 10, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
NITI Aayog and RMI India released a new report titled ‘Mobilising Electric Vehicle Financing in India’
- India’s EV financing industry is projected to be worth Rs. 3.7 lakh crore in 2030 according to NITI AAYOG. The latest report proposed a toolkit of solutions to lower cost and increase finance for electric vehicles.
- NITI Aayog and RMI India have identified a toolkit of 10 solutions that financial institutions such as banks and non-banking financial companies (NBFCs), as well as the industry and government can adopt in catalysing the required capital.
Pallav Mohapatra appointed as the MD and CEO of Arcil
- Asset Reconstruction Company (India) Ltd. (Arcil) announced the appointment of Pallav Mohapatra as its Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director. Prior to the appointment, he was the MD and CEO of the Central Bank of India.
- Arcil was founded in 2002. It is India’s oldest asset reconstruction company. It currently manages assets of Rs.12, 000 crores.
Telangana Government to celebrate Azadi Ki Amruth Mahotsav
- Telangana Government had decided to celebrate ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’ in a grand manner for 75 weeks from 12 March 2021 to 15 August 2022 to commemorate 75 years of Indian Independence.
- Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao had sanctioned Rs. 25 crores for this purpose. Tributes will be paid for the freedom fighters and martyrs during the event. The National Flag would be unfurled at 75 important locations in the state.
- Chief Minister: K Chandrasekhar Rao
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
Delhi Government announced to launch the “Saheli Samanvay Kendra” scheme to empower women
- Under this scheme, 500 Anganwadi hubs will be set up for the incubation of individual start-ups and to promote self-help groups.
- Special arrangements will be made in the hubs for required training to be imparted to open micro-economic units and for holding meetings of self-help groups.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
Google celebrated the birth anniversary of India’s Satellite Man UR Rao on 10 March
- Google celebrated the 89th birthday of Indian professor and scientist Udupi Ramachandra Rao, under whose guidance, the first Indian satellite ‘Aryabhata‘ was launched in 1975, through a Google Doodle.
- He was awarded the ‘Padma Bhushan’ in 1976 and the ‘Padma Vibhushan’ in 2017. UR Rao became the first Indian Space Scientist to be inducted into the “Satellite Hall of Fame” at Washington DC, the US in 2013.
Bareilly airport began its operation
- Bareilly airport was upgraded for commercial flight operations under the UDAN – RCS. Bareilly became the eighth airport to operate in Uttar Pradesh after Lucknow, Varanasi, Agra, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Prayagraj and Hindon.
- Union Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri virtually flagged off the first flight from the newly upgraded Bareilly airport to Delhi.
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
CISF Day celebrated on 10 March
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi lauded the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) on their raising day for its role in furthering national safety.
- CISF is one of the central armed police forces (CAPF) in India. CISF was set up in 1969 and is tasked with the security of vital government and industrial buildings.
Government of India had mandated E-invoice for businesses with over Rs. 50 crore turnover from 1 April 2021
- The Union Government had made it mandatory for businesses with over Rs. 50 crore turnover to generate e-invoices for B2B transactions from 1 April.
- Under e-invoicing, taxpayers have to generate invoices on their internal systems (ERP/accounting/billing software) and then report them online to the Invoice Registration Portal (IRP).
- The IRP will validate the information provided in the invoices and return the digitally signed e-invoices with a unique ‘Invoice Reference Number (IRN)’ along with a QR Code to the taxpayer.
Union Ministry of Women and Child Development signed an agreement with Invest India to enhance cooperation in various areas
- The aim of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was to enhance co-operation in the thematic areas of nutrition, child protection and development, women empowerment and convergent capacity building in mission mode.
- DRISHTI under Invest India will conduct input and output analysis research and other research as per requirement including coordinating with research agencies for primary, secondary and tertiary research to formulate, design and conduct strategic research for the Ministry.
CAG Girish Murmu appointed as the Chairman of the UN Panel of External Auditors
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) Girish Chandra Murmu had been re-appointed as the Chairman of the Panel of External Auditors of the United Nations for the year 2021.
- The CAG of India was initially elected as the Chairman of the Panel for 2020. The UN General Assembly established the Panel of External Auditors in 1959.
- Founded: 1945
- Headquarters: New York
Banking and Economy
Aquaconnect partnered with the Bank of Baroda to generate formal credit for aquaculture farmers
- Aquaculture technology venture Aquaconnect had partnered with state-owned Bank of Baroda to provide loan access to 1.6 million aquaculture farmers.
- Bank of Baroda in partnership with Aquaconnect, will provide credit access under the Kisan Credit Card scheme at an annualised rate as low as 10 percent. Under this partnership, the Bank of Baroda has extended loans for up to Rs. 10 lakhs under the KCC scheme and fisheries loan.
Bank of Baroda:
Tagline: India’s International Bank
Truecaller discontinued its UPI services in India
- Caller ID app Truecaller had discontinued all Unified Payments Interface (UPI) payments services in India. The company had been offering UPI services in India through Truecaller Pay. Truecaller recently also launched a new app called Guardians focusing on personal safety.
- Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is a system that powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application (of any participating bank), merging several banking features, seamless fund routing & merchant payments into one hood.
Awards And Recognitions
Amitabh Bachchan set to be felicitated with FIAF Award
- The FIAF is a worldwide organisation comprising of film archives and museums from across the world. Amitabh Bachchan will be honoured with an award by the International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF).
- The veteran actor will be the first Indian cinema personality to be bestowed with the FIAF Award for his dedication and contribution to preserving the world’s film heritage.
England cricketer Joey Benjamin passed away at 60
- Former England fast bowler Joey Benjamin had passed away at the age of 60 due to a heart attack. He played in two one-day internationals and finished his career with 387 first-class wickets at an average of 29.94.
Koneru Humpy won the BBC Indian Sportswoman of the Year award for 2020
- Chess player Koneru Humpy from Andhra Pradesh won the BBC Indian Sportswoman of the Year Award (ISWOTY) for 2020. She received the Arjuna Award, one of India’s top sporting honours, in 2003, and India’s fourth-highest civilian award, the Padma Shri, in 2007.
- Former long jumper Anju Bobby George was given the Lifetime Achievement award for her contribution to Indian sport.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of March 10, 2021, now from the link given below.