DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 28, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: MARCH 28, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (March 28, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Himachal’s Tashigang is world’s highest polling station :
- Tashigang, a Himachal Pradesh village at an altitude of 15,256 feet, is now the highest polling station in the world.
- Situated about 29 km from the India-China border, the polling station covers two villages, Tashigang and Gete, that have 48 voters, of which 30 are men. Earlier, a polling station at 15,000 feet was the highest in India.
India – US Inks Pact To Check Tax Evasion By MNC :
- India and the US signed an agreement for the exchange of country-by-country (CBC) report,which was signed by PC Mody, Chairman, Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), and Kenneth I Juster, US Ambassador to India.
- The move will give huge relief to subsidiaries of US-headquartered companies in the taxation-related matter.
- The agreement for the exchange of CbC reports, along with the Bilateral Competent Authority Arrangement between the two competent authorities, will enable the two countries to automatically exchange the reports filed by the ultimate parent entities of the multinational enterprises in the respective jurisdictions pertaining to the years commencing on or after January 1, 2016.
STATIC: United States
Capital : Washington
Currency : Dollar
President : Donald Trump
India & African Union Sign MoU On Strengthening Cooperation In Healthcare Sector:
- India and the African Union has signed an agreement to establish an India-Africa health sciences collaborative platform.
- The MoU will pave the way for cooperation in research and development, capacity building, health services, pharmaceutical trade and manufacturing capabilities for drugs and diagnostics.
BANKING & ECONOMY
BoB to develop agri-digital platform ‘Baroda Kisan’ :
- Public sector lender Bank of Baroda has signed an MoU with agriculture services companies to develop an agriculture digital platform, Baroda Kisan, which will provide solutions for agricultural requirements.
- BoB has signed the agreement with Skymet Weather Services, Weather Risk Management Services, BigHaat, Agrostar India, EM3 Agri Services, and Poorti Agri Services.
- The platform intends to make a holistic approach towards solving agricultural plights by means of providing reliable and customised information, inputs for use, the convenience of renting farm equipment, and market linkage for sale of agriculture produce.
STATIC: Bank of Baroda.
MD and CEO : P. S. Jayakumar
Headquarters : Vadodara, Gujarat.
ICICI Prudential Bharat Consumption Scheme was launched by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund :
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund launched ICICI Prudential Bharat Consumption Scheme to get advantage from the Indian consumption market, which is considered as one of the fastest growing consumption markets globally.
- Nifty India Consumption Index is the benchmark for the Scheme.It will be managed by Rajat Chandak, Dharmesh Kakkad and Priyanka Khandelwal will manage the overseas investments.
Infosys and Roland-Garros Partner for Digital Innovation :
- Infosys, a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting, and Roland-Garros Grand Slam tennis tournament, also called the French Open, announced a three-year strategic technology partnership.
- The partnership aims to re-imagine the tennis experience for the fans and the players globally.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO launches “Young Scientist Programme” for students :
- Indian Space Research Organisation has launched a special programme for schoolchildren called Young Scientist Programme or Yuva Vigyani Karyakram (VUVIKA), in tune with the government’s vision “Jai Vigyan, Jai Anusandhan”.
- The Program is aimed at imparting basic knowledge on space technology, space science and space applications to the younger ones with the intent of arousing their interest in the emerging areas of space activities.
Director: K. Sivan
Skytrax World Airport Awards: Singapore’s Changi Topped the list
- According to the Skytrax World Airport Awards, Singapore’s Changi Airport has been crowned the world’s best aviation hub for the seventh time in a row, while New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport featured at number 59.
- The list has been compiled by the UK-based Skytrax, a consultancy firm which runs an airline and airport review and ranking site, featuring 100 airports. New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport is India’s best Airport.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Basketball Federation of India ropes in Serbian Veselin Matic to coach men’s team :
- Veselin Matic, who took Iran to an Asian Games bronze medal in 2010, is set to be appointed as the new head coach of the Indian men’s basketball team.
- A veteran international coach, Matic helped Iran qualify for its first ever World Championship (2010) with victory in the 2009 FIBA Asia Championship.
Azali Assoumani has been re-elected as the President of Comoros :
- Azali Assoumani was re-elected as the President of Comoros after defeating his closest rival, Mohamoudou Ahamada in the election held by the electoral commission of the Indian Ocean Archipelago.
Malayalam Writer and Poet Ashita Passes Away at the Age of 63 :
- Malayalam writer and poet Ashita passed away at the age of 63 after fighting a prolonged battle with cancer in Thrissur.
- Ashita has been the recipient of several awards including the prestigious Padmarajan Award – Thathagatha (2000), Lalithambika Antharjanam Award (1994) and Edaserri Award (1986).
Former Australian Spinner and Coach, Bruce Yardley passes away :
- Former Australian Spinner, Coach and commentator, Bruce Yardley died following a prolonged fight with Cancer at the age of 71.
- He played 33 Tests and 7 ODIs for Australia as an off-spinner. He was known for his ten-wicket haul against West Indies at the Sydney Cricket Ground in 1982.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.