Daily Current Affairs: May 25, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (May 25, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan chairs the 74th World Health Assembly Meeting
- Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare, Harsh Vardhan, chaired the 74th World Health Assembly meeting The Director-General of the World Health Organization (WHO) Tedros Adhanom was also present on the occasion.
- The Board has recommended that the 74th World Health Assembly should adopt a decision to present a road map for the global action plan for prevention and control of non-communicable diseases till the year 2030.
Haryana Government launches ‘Sanjeevani Pariyojana’ care initiative to help COVID-19 patients
- Haryana Government has launched Sanjeevani Pariyojana (‘The life project’), a supervised, virtual home-care initiative to help people quickly access healthcare for mild-to-moderate symptoms of COVID-19.
- It provides individuals with support and resources to manage their care at home including access to virtual triage, as well as COVID-19 field hospitals and in-patient facilities.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Satyadeo Narain Arya
- National Parks: Sultanpur National Park, Kalesar National Park
- Dance: Phag, Dhamal, Loor, Khoria
Uttarakhand Government launches Vatsalya Yojana for children orphaned due to COVID-19
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Tirath Singh Rawat has announced Vatsalya Yojana for orphaned children who have lost their parents due to COVID-19.
- Under the scheme, the Uttarakhand state government will make arrangements for their maintenance, education and training for employment up to the age of 21 years. The state will be given a maintenance allowance of 3000 per month.
- Capital: Dehradun
- Chief Minister: Tirath Singh Rawat
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- National Parks: Corbett National Park, Gangotri National Park, Govind PashuVihar National Park, Nanda Devi National Park, Rajaji National Park, Valley of Flowers National Park
National Health Authority inks a pact with Telangana Government to implement the Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY scheme
- The National Health Authority (NHA) has signed an MoU with the Telangana Government to implement the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) in Telangana.
- The Ayushman Bharat scheme has been integrated with the existing state scheme ‘Aarogyasri’ and this converged scheme is being called Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY Aarogyasri.
- Capital: Hyderabad
- Chief Minister: K Chandrashekar Rao
- Governor: Tamilisai Soundararajan
- National Parks: KasuBrahmananda Reddy National Park, Mahaveer Harina National Park, Mrugavani National Park
NITI Aayog partners with TRIFED to implement the Van Dhan Yojana initiative in tribal aspirational districts
- TRIFED has partnered with NITI Aayog to implement the Van Dhan Yojana in the districts that have been identified as aspirational by NITI Aayog.
- TRIFED along with the NITI Aayog team will work out the follow-up plan for the implementation of the Van Dhan Yojana in each of the 39 tribal aspirational districts.
Van Dhan Yojana:
- Van Dhan Yojana scheme was launched on 14 April 2018. It is a scheme implemented through the Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED at the national level.It focuses on the optimum utilisation of natural resources for the tribals involved in minor food produces (MFP’s).
- The motto of the scheme is “Mera Van Mera Dhan Mera Udayam”, ‘Go vocal for Local Go Tribal’.
India and Israel sign a three-year work program for cooperation in agriculture
- India and Israel have signed a three-year work program for cooperation in agriculture. India and Israel are implementing the “INDO-ISRAEL Agricultural Project Centres of Excellence” and “INDO-ISRAEL Villages of Excellence”.
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
- Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- President: Reuven Rivlin
Anatole Collinet Makosso was appointed as the new Prime Minister of the Republic of the Congo
- Republic of Congo’s President Denis Sassou-Nguesso has appointed Anatole Collinet Makosso as the new Prime Minister of the Republic of the Congo.
- Prior to this appointment, he was the Education Minister of the Central African country (Republic of Congo) since 2015. He was also the Minister of Youth and Civic Instruction from 2011 to 2016.
Republic of Congo
- Capital: Brazzaville
- Currency: Central African CFA franc
- President: Denis Sassou Nguesso
- Prime Minister: Anatole Collinet Makosso
David Barnea was appointed as the next Mossad Chief of Israel
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that David Barnea will be the next head of Israel’s Mossad espionage agency. He succeeded Yossi Cohen.
- He served as Israel’s spymaster since taking office in 2016.
- Capital: Jerusalem
- Currency: Israeli Shekel
- Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- President: Reuven Rivlin
Acquisitions and Mergers
Mahindra Rural Housing Finance partners with IPPB for cash management solution
- Mahindra Rural Housing Finance had partnered with India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) for a cash management solution.
- Under this partnership, IPPB will be offering cash management and collection services to MRHFL through its access points and postal service providers.
Science and Technology
NASA to send its first mobile robot to search for water on the Moon in 2023
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is planning to search for water and other resources on the Moon in 2023. NASA (as part of its Artemis program) is planning to send its first mobile robot to the Moon in late 2023 in search of ice and other resources on and below the lunar surface.
- The robot named VIPER (Volatiles Investigating Polar Exploration Rover) is part of the Artemis program.
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
- Headquarters: Washington DC, United States
- Administrator: Jim Bridenstine
Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra was appointed as the acting Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court
- Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra, the senior-most judge of the Chhattisgarh High Court, was appointed as its acting Chief Justice. He replaced Justice Parappillil Ramakrishnan Nair Ramachandra Menon, who retired recently.
- Chief Justices and judges of high courts retire at the age of 62, while the Chief Justice of India and other judges of the Supreme Court retire at the age of 65 years.
- Capital: Raipur
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel
- Governor: Sushri Anusuiya Uikey
Awards and Recognitions
Bangalore based startup Breathe Applied Sciences receives TDB National Award 2021
- Union Ministry of Science and Technology announced that a Bangalore-based startup, Breathe Applied Sciences, has received the National Award 2021 from the Technology Development Board (TDB) for developing a commercial solution for the conversion of carbon dioxide (CO2) to chemicals and fuels.
- The startup ‘Breathe Applied Sciences’ incubated at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bengaluru, developed efficient catalysts and methodologies for the conversion of carbon dioxide (CO2) to methanol and other chemicals.
SpiceHealth wins Gold Asia-Pacific Stevie Award 2021
- SpiceHealth, a healthcare company founded by the promoters of SpiceJet, has won the Gold Award at the 2021 Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards for ‘Most Valuable Medical Innovation’ under coronavirus disease (COVID-19) response category.
- The Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards are the only business awards program to recognise innovation in the workplace in all 29 nations of the Asia-Pacific region.
Books and Authors
A new book titled “India and Asian Geopolitics: The Past, Present” was authored by Shivshankar Menon
- A former Indian Foreign Secretary and National Security Adviser, Shivshankar Menon, has authored a book titled “India and Asian Geopolitics: The Past, Present”.
Neena Gupta’s autobiography titled ‘Sach Kahun Toh’ is set to be published soon
- Veteran actor Neena Gupta is reflecting on her journey in Indian cinema and her life in her new book titled ‘Sach Kahun Toh’. It will be her first book. The book will be published by Penguin India on 14 June 2021.
Former FIA president Max Mosley passed away at 81
- The former motorsport chief and privacy campaigner Max Mosley passed away at the age of 81. He served as the President of FIA from 1993 to 2009. He was a racing driver, team owner and lawyer.
Record-setting US Olympic sprinter Lee Evans passed away at 74
- Lee Evans, the record-setting sprinter who wore a black beret in a sign of protest at the 1968 Olympics passed away. He became the first man to crack 44 seconds in the 400 metres, winning the gold medal at the 1968 Summer Olympics held in Mexico.
Casper Ruud beats Denis Shapovalov to win The ATP Geneva Open 2021 title
- Casper Ruud of Norway defeated Denis Shapovalov of Canada to lift the ATP Geneva Open 2021 title. It is the second career title of Ruud. His previous title was ATP Buenos Aires 2020.
Max Verstappen wins the 2021 Monaco Grand Prix
- Red Bull driver Max Verstappen (Belgium) won the 2021 Monaco Grand Prix. Carlos Sainz came at the second position and Lando Norris came at the third position. Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton finished at the seventh position.
Daily CA May 25 One-liner:
|1. Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan chairs the 74th World Health Assembly Meeting|
|2. Haryana Government launches ‘Sanjeevani Pariyojana’ care initiative to help COVID-19 patients|
|3. Uttarakhand Government launches Vatsalya Yojana for children orphaned due to COVID-19|
|4. National Health Authority inks a pact with Telangana Government to implement the Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY scheme|
|5. NITI Aayog partners with TRIFED to implement the Van Dhan Yojana initiative in tribal aspirational districts|
|6. India and Israel sign a three-year work program for cooperation in agriculture|
|7. Anatole Collinet Makosso was appointed as the new Prime|
|8. Minister of the Republic of the Congo|
|9. David Barnea was appointed as the next Mossad Chief of Israel|
|10. Mahindra Rural Housing Finance partners with IPPB for cash management solution|
|11. NASA to send its first mobile robot to search for water on the Moon in 2023|
|12. Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra was appointed as the acting Chief Justice of Chhattisgarh High Court|
|13. Bangalore based startup Breathe Applied Sciences receives TDB National Award 2021|
|14. SpiceHealth wins Gold Asia-Pacific Stevie Award 2021|
|15. A new book titled “India and Asian Geopolitics: The Past, Present”|
|16. was authored by Shivshankar Menon|
|17. Neena Gupta’s autobiography titled ‘Sach Kahun Toh’ is set to be published soon|
|18. Former FIA president Max Mosley passed away at 81|
|19. Record-setting US Olympic sprinter Lee Evans passed away at 74|
|20. Casper Ruud beats Denis Shapovalov to win The ATP Geneva Open 2021 title|
|21. Max Verstappen wins the 2021 Monaco Grand Prix|