DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : May 26, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (May 26 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Thyroid Day celebrated on 25 May:
- World Thyroid Day is observed globally on 25 May every year. The main purpose of the WTD is to aware of the importance of Thyroid and the prevention and treatment of thyroid diseases.
Mizoram cabinet grants industry status to sports:
- Mizoram becomes the 1st state to give industry status to sports. State sports minister Robert Romawia Royte said the cabinet has cleared the proposal by state sports and youth service department to grant sports an industry status, which according to him, was a significant move to take forwards the segment in a more systematic and sustainable manner.
- Chief Minister:Zoramthanga
- Governor:PS Sreedharan Pillai
Uttarakhand releases report on conservation of endemic, threatened floras:
- Uttarakhand is the first state to release a report highlighting its conservation efforts to save over 1,100 rare plants from extinction. Around 1,145 species are conserved of which 46 species are endemic & 68 species are rare, endangered or threatened. Around 386 species, conserved, have medicinal properties.
- Capital- Gairsain(summer capital), Dehradun (winter capital).
- Chief Minister:Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor- Baby Rani Maurya.
- National Parks- Corbett NP, Gangotri NP, Govind PashuVihar NP, Nanda Devi NP, Rajaji NP, Valley of Flowers NP.
Tamil Nadu begins work on implementing Solar Fence Farmland Protection Programme:
- Tamil Nadu government has started preliminary works for implementing the unique Solar Fence Farmland Protection Programme, under the Central Agriculture Improvement Scheme.
- Chief Minister:Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor:Banwarilal Purohit.
Former SC judge Justice Sikri inaugurates Indian Dispute Resolution Centre:
- Former Supreme Court Judge Justice A K Sikri inaugurated Indian Dispute Resolution Centre (IDRC), which provides a paperless dispute resolution environment. IDRCs are located at strategic commercial places in the country with its head office in New Delhi. It is India’s first ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) Centre.
India and Israel join forces to develop rapid testing system to fight Coronavirus:
- India and Israel will put in joint research and development efforts for rapid testing of coronavirus to enable normalisation of life amid the pandemic. The two sides discussed joint R&D for rapid diagnosis based on big data and artificial intelligence.
India builds state-of-the-art training facility for Ugandan defence forces:
- The Indian Association Uganda (IAU), in association with the Indian Military Advisory and Training Team there, handed over a state-of-the-art military training facility to Uganda Peoples Defence Forces (UPDF). The war game centre, named ‘INDIA’, was inaugurated by Gen.
Republic of Uganda:
- Capital: Kampala
- President: Yoweri Kaguta Museveni
Banking and Technology:
Canara Bank releases emergency credit facilities for MSMEs:
- Canara Bank has announced ‘CANARA CREDIT SUPPORT’ for all of their borrowers who have been affected by COVID-19.
- The bank has sanctioned nearly 6 lakh loans amounting to Rs 4,300 crore under agriculture, SHGs and Retail categories.
- CEO: Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Tagline: Together we Can.
ICRA pegs GDP growth at 1.9% in Q4 and 4.3% in FY20:
- ICRA projected economy to grow by 9% in the fourth quarter against 5.8 a year ago and 4.3% in 2019-20 against 6.1% in 2018-19. Earlier, the second advance estimates of the government pegged the growth at 5% in 2019-20, but analysts doubted that number.
Science and Technology:
Indian Navy’s ‘breathable’ PPE kit ‘NavRakshak’:
- The Indian Navy’s indigenously-made PPE kit, ”NavRakshak”, made for enhancing comforts of the health workers under Indian conditions, is helping fight the war against COVID in a better and effective manner. Navrakshak translates to a “novel protector”.
- It is made with an innovative ‘breathable’ fabric material.
US Navy successfully tests a laser weapon that can destroy aircraft mid-flight:
- United States Navy warship has successfully tested a new high-energy laser weapon that can destroy aircraft mid-flight. According to the Navy, lasers, can be called directed energy weapons, can be effective defences against drones or armed small boats.
Former Inter coach Gigi Simoni passes away at 81:
- Former Inter head coach Gigi Simoni, who led a Ronaldo-inspired team to UEFA Cup glory in 1998, has passed away at the age of 81. Simoni had a well-travelled coaching career and guided seven teams and promotions from Serie B to the Italian topflight.
Egyptian acclaimed sculptor Adam Henein passes away at 91:
- Acclaimed Egyptian artist Adam Henein, who joined ancient pharaonic themes with sleek modernism in sculptures that often portrayed birds and other animals, died. He was 91.
Eminent pulmonologist Dr JN Pande died:
- Dr Jitendra Nath Pande, an eminent pulmonologist and former head of the Department of Medicine at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Delhi, who had tested positive for COVID-19 earlier this week, has passed away. He was 79.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.