Daily Current Affairs : October 4&5, 2020
Want to Become a Bank, Central / State Govt Officer in 2020?
Join the Most awarded Coaching Institute & Get your Dream Job
Now Prepare for Bank, SSC Exams from Home. Join Online Coure @ lowest fee
Lifetime validity Bank Exam Coaching | Bank PO / Clerk Coaching | Bank SO Exam Coaching | All-in-One SSC Exam Coaching | RRB Railway Exam Coaching | TNPSC Exam Coaching | KPSC Exam Coaching
Daily Current Affairs: October 4&5, 2020
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (October 4&5 , 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – October 4&5 , 2020 now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
SUBSCRIBE to Race Youtube Channel for CA QUIZ LIVE Sessions
World Day for Farmed Animals- 02 October:
- World Day for Farmed Animals observed on October 2nd (Gandhi’s birthday). The day has been offering people of conscience a superb opportunity to memorialize and mourn these innocent lives.
- The day is organized by the International animals’ welfare organization, World Animal Protection along with Asia for Animals coalition to show the importance and urgency of Farm Animal Welfare.
World Space Week-October (4-10):
- World Space Week (WSW) is observed from October 4 to 10 every year to celebrate science and technology, and their contribution towards the betterment of the human condition. The day was declared by the United Nations General Assembly on December 6, 1999.
- Theme: “Satellites Improve Life”
World Teachers’ Day- October 5:
- World Teachers’ Day, also known as International Teachers Day, is an international day held annually on October 5 since 1994. World Teachers’ Day aims to focus on “Appreciating, Assessing And Improving The Educators Of The World” and to provide an opportunity to consider issues related to teachers and teaching.
- Theme: “Teachers: Leading in crisis, reimagining the future”
World Habitat Day- October 5:
- World Habitat Day is observed on the first Monday of October each year, and is recognized by the United Nations to reflect on the state of towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter.
- Intended to remind the world of its collective responsibility for future of human habitat.
- Theme: “Housing For All — A Better Urban Future”
Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal launches ‘Kritagyata’ for online pension submission and tracking:
- Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal has launched a portal “Kritagyata”, an online pension submission and tracking system. It has been launched to lend convenience to the pensioners to dispose of their pension related claims.
- The portal has been created in line with the ‘Bhabhisya’ portal of Government of India. It has been launched as pilot project for the teachers and employees under Inspector of Schools of Kamrup Metropolitan district.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: SarbanandaSonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Parks: Orang National Park, Manas National Park or Manas Wildlife Sanctuary, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Nameri National Park, Dehing Patkai Wls.
Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar Launched One Stop Digital Platform ‘Gram Darshan’:
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar digitally launched ‘Gram Darshan’, which will allow accessibility to data of development projects of 6,197 gram panchayats of the state. Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala was also present on this occasion.
- Gram Darshan is launched to ensure that villagers should have digital access to the details of various development schemes and projects of their village.
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief Minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor:Satyadev Narayan Arya
- National Parks(NP): Sultanpur NP, Kalesar NP
- Dance: Phag, Dhamal, Loor, Khoria.
Punjab CM Launches Construction of 750 Rural Stadiums and Flags Off Ambulances:
- Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh launched several development initiatives including flagging off a fleet of ambulances, construction of 750 rural stadiums or playgrounds and signing of MoU for conferring ownership rights on Economically Weaker Sections.
- The MoU was signed between the Local Government Department and Centre for Policy Research, while the ambulances were flagged off in Patiala, Jalandhar and Ludhiana.
- Chief Minister:Captain Amarinder Singh
- Governor: V P Singh Badnore
Railway Minister virtually inaugurates Phoolbagan Station of Kolkata’s East West Metro corridor:
- Railway Minister virtually inaugurated Phoolbagan Station of Kolkata’s East-West Metro corridor, & flagged off 1st train from there to Salt Lake Sector-V. Entire stretch of corridor, connecting Sector-V & Howrah Maidan, is likely to be completed by 2021.
- Capital: Kolkata
- Chief Minister: Mamata Banerjee
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- National Park(NP): Buxa NP, Gorumara NP, Neora Valley NP, Jaldapara NP, Singalila NP, Sundarbans NP.
Banking and Economy
Punjab National Bank launches financial inclusion initiative “Gram Sampark Abhiyan”:
- State-owned Punjab National Bank launched a financial inclusion and literacy initiative ‘Gram Sampark Abhiyan’ to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. The nationwide campaign was launched by Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar.
- The campaign is based on four key themes Digital, Credit, Social Security and Financial Literacy.
Punjab National Bank (PNB):
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- CEO: S. S. Mallikarjuna Rao
- Tagline: “The Name You can Bank Upon”.
Acquisitions and Mergers
CSC partners with HelpAge India to impart digital literacy to elderly citizens:
- IT Ministry’s e-governance services arm Common Services Centre (CSC) and HelpAge India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) under the project of “Aalambana” of HelpAge India which will be implemented for a period of 1 year, to offer digital literacy to the rural elderly citizens (above the age of 55) of India.
- It will provide three “Aspitational Districts” of Karauli in Rajasthan, Birbhum in West Bengal and Ramanathapuram in Tamil Nadu.
Science and Technology
Indian Navy Helicopters Along with GVMC Undertake Aerial Seeding Initiative at Visakhapatnam:
- Indian Navy has partnered with Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation(GVMC) to undertake Aerial Seeding at Visakhapatnam. Rajya Sabha MP V Vijayasai Reddy and Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain flagged off aerial seeding at Visakhapatnam at INS Dega. This initiative of GVMC aims to enhance the green cover in and around Visakhapatnam.
- Naval helicopters will be airdropping 50,000 seed balls weighing approx. 6.25 tonnes in five locations around Visakhapatnam covering an area of nearly 200 acres.
Biological E and ICMR Develop Purified “Equine Antiserum”:
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Hyderabad-based Biological E have developed purified “Equine Antiserum”, raised in animals, as a prophylaxis and treatment for Covid-19. It was isolated by the ICMR-led National Institute of Virology, Pune (Maharashtra).
- Antiserum is blood-based serum containing antibodies against viruses. It is prepared by injecting inactivated Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in 10 healthy horses.
India successfully test-fires new version of nuclear-capable “Shaurya Missile”:
- India successfully test-fired a new version of Nuclear-Capable “Shaurya missile” off the coast of Odisha.
- The Nuclear-Capable missile can strike targets at around 800 km. It would be lighter and easier to operate in comparison with the existing missile.
NASA launches SS Kalpana Chawla Cygnus spacecraft to International Space station:
- Northrop Grumman launched their next Cygnus vehicle, the S.S. Kalpana Chawla, and their Antares rocket for the NG-14 mission to the International Space Station. The flight will deliver thousands of kilograms/pounds of equipment, crew supplies, and science to the orbital outpost.
- The Vehicle will deliver a cargo of 1,217 kg of science experiments, personal items and 850 kg of crew equipment.
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration):
- Headquarters– Washington, D.C., United States
- Administrator– Jim Bridenstine.
Awards and Recognitions
Modern Family Star Sofia Vergara Tops Forbes List of Highest-Paid Actresses:
- Modern Family star Sofia Vergara has scored the top spot with earnings of $43 million in list of Highest Paid Actresses report released by Forbes. Second on the list is Hollywood star Angelina Jolie with $35.5 million. Sofia and Angelina are followed by Wonder Woman Star Gal Gadot with $31.5 million.
- The fourth, fifth and sixth spots on Forbes list of Highest Paid Actresses have been occupied by Melissa McCarthy ($25 million), Meryl Streep ($24 million) and Emily Blunt ($22.5 million) respectively.
CII Foundation Receives the UNSDG Action Award for its work on Crop Residue Management:
- CII Foundation’s work on crop residue management has been awarded the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UNSDG) Action Award by UNDP in partnership with the Government of Punjab under the category ‘Integration, Convergence, Joint Action and Holistic Solution Approach – Industry’.
- Special Humanitarian Action Award was conferred upon Action Sonu Sood and SPS Oberoi, Dubai based businessman and philanthropist over a virtual ceremony presided by Vini Mahajan, Chief Minister of Punjab.
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)’s underground pipeline(UGPL) project for improving irrigation system, the rural education through value based system initiative of the Kalgidhar Trust and Sewa Bharat’s Punjab team for empowering women by securing employment and self-reliance also won the award under the same category.
HDFC Bank’s Ravi Santhanam in Forbes list of world’s most influential CMOs:
- CMO of HDFC Bank Ravi Santhanam has been recognized in the Forbes list of ‘The World’s Most Influential CMOs’.
- Ranked at No. 39, he is the only CMO of an Indian company to be featured in the illustrious list which includes marketing heads of Apple, BMW, etc.
Belarus, Iran, US, Nicaragua activists win “Alternate Nobel Prize” in Right Livelihood Award 2020:
- A Belarusian pro-democracy campaigner, an imprisoned Iranian human rights lawyer, a US civil rights attorney, and a Nicaraguan activist on Thursday won a top Swedish honor sometimes called “The Alternative Nobel Prize”.
- Ales Bialiatski of Belarus and his NGO Viasna, Nasrin Sotoudeh of Iran, Bryan Stevenson of the United States and indigenous rights and environmental activist Lottie Cunningham Wren of Nicaragua share the Right Livelihood Award.
Indo-American Chamber of Commerce presents lifetime achievement award to Ratan Tata:
- Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC) has presented the lifetime achievement award to business icon Ratan Tata as part of its recent global leadership awards.
- Tata has accepted fewer awards over the last few years, received the honour as he believed that these awards inspire Future Global Leaders and strengthen bilateral economic ties between India and USA.
Books and Authors
Union minister Jitendra Singh releases coffee table book Discovering the Heritage of Assam authored by Padampani Bora:
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Dr Jitendra Singh released a Coffee Table Book on “Discovering the Heritage of Assam”, written by Padampani Bora and having foreword by Amitabh Bachchan. It has been published by Penguin.
- Padampani Bora is the author of the book. He was an officer of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS-2009 batch).
‘Baahubali’ author Anand Neelakantan pens debut kids’ book titled “The Very, Extremely, Most Naughty Asura Tales for Kids”:
- “Baahubali” series author Anand Neelakantan has written his debut book in the children’s space which tells some of the most hilarious stories about child asuras and their antics. Puffin has published “The Very, Extremely, Most Naughty Asura Tales for Kids”, which has full-colour illustrations accompanying the narrative.
Veteran social activist and scholar Pushpa Bhave passed away at 81:
- Veteran social activist, scholar, rationalist, and a stalwart of Marathi literature and theatre Pushpa Bhave passed away.
- She had taken part in the Samyukta Maharashtra movement and the Goa liberation movement.
Bollywood Actress Mishti Mukherjee passes away at 27:
- Bollywood actress Mishti Mukherjee, who has featured in many Hindi, Bengali and Telugu films, and music videos has passed away due to kidney failure. He was only 27 years old.
- Besides featuring in major Bengali projects, Mishti made her debut in Bollywood with the film Life Ki Toh lag Gayi in 2012 and worked as the lead actress in Subhash Ghai’s 2014 film “Kaanchi: The Unbreakable”.
Veteran BJD Leader and Seven Time Odisha MLA Pradeep Maharathy Passed away at 65:
- Former Odisha minister and Biju Janata Dal legislator from Pipili constituency, Pradeep Maharathy passed away due to the novel Coronavirus infection.
- Maharathy was elected as a MLA seven times from Pipili constituency. He had served as Minister of Panchayati Raj & Drinking Water Supply, Agriculture and Fisheries during his terms in Odisha.
Jharkhand Minority Welfare Minister Haji Hussain Ansari passed away at 73:
- Jharkhand Minority Welfare Minister Haji Hussain Ansari passed away at the Medanta Hospital. Ansari was made Minister for the second time in January this year in the Hemant Soren’s government.
- He was elected legislator for the first time in 1995.
- Later, he was re-elected in 2000, 2009 and 2019.
Visnu Shivaraj Pandian wins 10-meter air rifle gold at 5th International Online Shooting Championship:
- India’s 16-year-old Visnu Shivaraj Pandian has won the 10m air rifle event at the fifth edition of the International Online Shooting Championship. Visnu win the title by a clear margin of two points.
- The second place was won by world no. 27 Etienne Germond of France while Olympic quota winner Martin Strempfl of Austria took the third place. Shooters from 15 countries are participating in the two-day competition.
Can you score 15/ 15 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of October 4&5, 2020 now from the link given below.
Daily Current Affairs Quiz – October 4 & 5, 2020
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
Aspirants can get the test packages from our Official Bankersdaily Store (https://bankersdaily.testpress.in)
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.