Daily Current Affairs: November 14 & 15, 2021
Want to Become a Bank, Central / State Govt Officer in 2020?
Join the Most awarded Coaching Institute & Get your Dream Job
Now Prepare for Bank, SSC Exams from Home. Join Online Coure @ lowest fee
Lifetime validity Bank Exam Coaching | Bank PO / Clerk Coaching | Bank SO Exam Coaching | All-in-One SSC Exam Coaching | RRB Railway Exam Coaching | TNPSC Exam Coaching | KPSC Exam Coaching
Daily Current Affairs: November 14 & 15, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (November 14 & 15, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – November 14 & 15, 2021, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
SUBSCRIBE to Race Youtube Channel for CA QUIZ LIVE Sessions
Check: Previous – Daily Current Affairs – Banking Exam
World Diabetes Day – 14 November
- World Diabetes Day is observed every year on 14 November to spread awareness about diabetes. This day marked the birth anniversary of Sir Frederick Banting, who co-discovered insulin along with Charles Best in 1922.
- The theme for World Diabetes Day 2021–23 is ‘Access to Diabetes Care – If Not Now, When?’.
Jharkhand celebrates its foundation day on 15 November 2021
- Jharkhand celebrated its foundation day on 15 November 2021. It was on 15 November in 2000 when the Chhotanagpur area was segregated from the southern half of Bihar to form another state named Jharkhand. It became the 28th Indian state.
- Capital: Ranchi
- Chief Minister: Hemant Soren
- Governor: Ramesh Bais
Maharashtra signs a Memorandum of Understanding with Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) to boost the adoption of electric vehicles
- The Maharashtra Government signed a Memorandum Of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian arm of the USA-based Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) to support the adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) in Maharashtra. This MoU was signed in Glasgow amid the ongoing COP26 Summit.
- Maharashtra’s new draft Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy 2021 aims to bring at least 1,46,000 new battery-operated electric vehicles (BEVs) on state roads by
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- National Parks: Chandoli National Park, Gugamal National Park, Nawegaon National Park, Pench (Jawaharlal Nehru) National Park, Sanjay Gandhi (Borivilli) National Park, Tadoba National Park
Oil India Limited joins hand with IIT-Guwahati to boost tech in the energy sector
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati will collaborate with Oil India Limited (OIL) on the development and introduction of new technologies in energy and related sectors.
- This partnership will also focus on cooperation in the Transfer of existing technologies, knowledge upgradation and innovation partnership, training and skill development and other areas of mutual agreement.
A three-day festival ‘Kashi Utsav’ was held in Varanasi
- A three-day festival Kashi Utsav was held in Varanasi to celebrate the classic heritage and culture of Kashi, especially the centuries-old luminaries — Goswami Tulsidas, Sant Kabir, Sant Raidas, Bhartendu Harishchandra, Munshi Premchand and Shri Jaishankar Prasad.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- National Park: Dudhwa National Park (Tiger Reserve)
- Zoological Parks: Shaheed Ashfaq Ullah Khan Prani Udyan (Gorakhpur), Kanpur Zoological Park, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates world-class redeveloped Rani Kamlapati railway station in Bhopal
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the redeveloped Rani Kamlapati railway station in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
- The redevelopments include the gauge converted and electrified Ujjain-Fatehabad Chandrawatiganj Broad Gauge section, third line in Bhopal-Barkhera section, gauge converted and electrified Mathela-Nimar Kheri Broad Gauge section and electrified Guna-Gwalior section.
- He also flagged off two new MEMU trains between Ujjain-Indore and Indore-Ujjain.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Mangubhai Chhaganbhai Patel
- National Parks: Bandhavgarh National Park, Dinosaur Fossils National Park, Fossil National Park, Pench National Park, Kanha National Park, Kuno National Park, Madhav National Park, Panna National Park, Sanjay National Park, Satpura National Park, Van Vihar National Park
Union Tourism Ministry signs a pact with IRCTC to boost hospitality and tourism industries
- The Union Ministry of Tourism has signed an agreement with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to strengthen the hospitality and tourism industries.
- The objective of this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is to provide extensive visibility to accommodation units, which have self-certified themselves on SAATHI (System for Assessment, Awareness & Training for the Hospitality Industry) on the Online Travel Aggregator (OTA) platform.
- The Union Ministry of Tourism has already signed similar MoUs with EaseMyTrip, Cleartrip, Yatra.com, MakeMyTrip and Goibibo.
Indian Oil partners with NTPC to collaborate on green energy
- Indian Oil and National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) have partnered together for the generation and storage of renewable energy or other cleaner forms of energy, including gas-based power, primarily to cater for Indian oil refineries or other installations.
- This is a first-of-its-kind initiative by two leading public sector energy majors of India to support India’s commitment to achieve renewable energy targets and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
India and Sri Lanka revive Parliament Friendship Association
- India and Sri Lanka have set up Parliamentary Friendship Association. This association existed in the past and is being revived for the current Parliament, elected in August 2020.
- High Commissioner of India to Sri Lanka Gopal Baglay was also present during the event.
Dubai Airshow begins at the Al Maktoum International Airport
- The biggest-ever Dubai Airshow began at the Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai World Central, with more than 1,200 exhibitors taking part in the five-day
- Dubai Airshow also features more than 160 of the world’s most advanced aircraft on the ground and in the air.
Union Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates Uttar Pradesh’s first private-sector defence manufacturing facility
- Union Minister of Defence Rajnath Singh has inaugurated the first operationalised private sector defence manufacturing facility in the Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor (UPDIC) in Lucknow.
- This facility is run by Aerolloy Technologies, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PTC industries and will manufacture parts for aircraft engines, helicopter engines, structural parts for aircraft, drones and UAV, submarines, ultra-light artillery guns, space launch vehicles and strategy systems.
Banking and Economy
HDFC Bank integrates with the Union Government’s e-NAM platform
- HDFC Bank has announced its integration with the Union Government’s National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) to enable digital collections and settlement of funds to various e-NAM beneficiaries.
- HDFC Bank has partnered with the Small Farmers Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) to further improve the ease of doing business on the e-NAM platform by offering collection modes like multi-net banking, debit card, NEFT/RTGS and UPI/IMPS.
HDFC Bank (Housing Development Finance Corporation)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman: Deepak Parekh
- MD & CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Tagline: “We understand your world”
- Established: 1994
Rajeev Srivastava was appointed as the CEO of Standard Chartered Securities
- Rajeev Srivastava was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Standard Chartered Securities (India).
- Before this appointment, he was associated with Reliance Securities as Chief Business Officer (CBO), leading their brokerage and distribution business. He has also worked with ICICI Bank in its private banking division.
Former Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid was appointed as the brand ambassador of Plaeto
- Plaeto, a footwear brand for children, has roped in former Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid as its brand ambassador and mentor for campaigns. The campaign has been developed by Bangalore-based People Design and Communication, in partnership with team Plaeto. The video campaign will be promoted across the brand’s social media channels.
Former CBDT Chairman P.C. Mody was appointed Rajya Sabha Secretary-General
- Former Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), Pramod Chandra Mody was appointed as the new Secretary-General of the Rajya Sabha. He replaced P.K. Ramacharyulu. He is a 1982-batch retired IRS officer.
Awards and Recognitions
President Ram Nath Kovind presents the National Sports Awards 2021
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented the National Sports Awards 2021 at Rashtrapati Bhavan. The Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports announced the National Sports Awards for 2021.
- National Sports Awards are given every year to recognise and reward excellence in sports. Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award was given to 12 sportspersons:
- Neeraj Chopra (Athletics)
- Ravi Kumar (Wrestling)
- Lovlina Borgohain (Boxing)
- Sreejesh P.R. (Hockey)
- Avani Lekhara (Para-Shooting)
- Sumit Antil (Para-Athletics)
- Pramod Bhagat (Para-Badminton)
- Krishna Nagar (Para-Badminton)
- Manish Narwal (Para-Shooting)
- Mithali Raj (Cricket)
- Sunil Chhetri (Football)
- Manpreet Singh (Hockey)
- Hockey India team (Men’s) who has won the historic bronze medal in Tokyo 2020 Olympics has been awarded Arjuna Award with the exceptions of PR Sreejesh and Manpreet Singh.
- Dronacharya Award in the Lifetime Category went to P. Ouseph, Sarkar Talwar, Sarpal Singh, Ashan Kumar and Tapan Kumar Panigrahi.
- Dronacharya Award in the Regular category was awarded to Radhakrishnan Nair P, Sandhya Gurung, Pritam Siwach, Jai Prakash Nautiyal and Subramanian Raman.
- Dhyan Chand Award for Lifetime Achievement went to Lekha KC, Abhijeet Kunte, Davinder Singh Garcha, Vikas Kumar and Sajjan Singh.
- Punjab University (Chandigarh) received the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (MAKA) Trophy for 2021.
- The full list of athletes who received the Arjuna Award are: Arpinder Singh, Simranjit Kaur, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhavani Devi, Monika, Vandana Katariya, Sandeep Narwal, Hiimani Uttam Parab, Abhishek Verma, Ankita Raina, Deepak Punia, Dilpreet Singh, Harman Preet Singh, Rupinder Pal Singh, Surender Kumar, Amit Rohidas, Birendra Lakra, Sumit, Nilakanta Sharma, Hardik Singh, Vivek Sagar Prasad, Gurjant Singh, Mandeep Singh, Shamsher Singh, Lalit Kumar Upadhyay, Varun Kumar, Simranjeet Singh, Yogesh Kathuniya, Nishad Kumar, Praveen Kumar, Suhash Yathiraj, Singhraj Adhana, Bhavina Patel, Harvinder Singh and Sharad Kumar.
IIT Bombay team wins $2,50,000 grant from Elon Musk Foundation at the COP26 Summit
- A team of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay students have won a $250,000 grant for creating a tri-modular technology for large-scale carbon dioxide removal from source points of emission and changing them into salts.
- This grant was awarded to the team of students by the XPRIZE Foundation, a part of the Elon Musk Foundation at the COP26 Summit in Glasgow. The student team is also known as ‘SASIITB’.
Noted historian and Padma Vibhushan awardee Babasaheb Purandare passed away at 99
- Noted historian and Padma Vibhushan awardee Balwant Moreshwar Purandare, popularly known as Babasaheb Purandare, died at Pune in Maharashtra.
- He was awarded with the Padma Vibhushan (India’s second-highest civilian award) in 2019.
Australia beat New Zealand by eight wickets to clinch maiden ICC men’s T20 world cup title
- Australia won the 2021 T20 World Cup title after defeating New Zealand in the ICC men’s T20 world Cup final at Dubai International Cricket Stadium. Australia lifted the T20 World Cup trophy for the first time since the tournament’s inception in 2007.
- David Warner was adjudged as the Player of the Tournament (289 runs from seven innings). Mitchell Marsh was adjudged as the Player of the Match in the final.
Daily CA- 14 & 15 November One-Liners
|World Diabetes Day – 14 November|
|Jharkhand celebrates its foundation day on 15 November 2021|
|Maharashtra signs a Memorandum of Understanding with Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) to boost the adoption of electric vehicles|
|Oil India Limited joins hand with IIT-Guwahati to boost tech in the energy sector|
|A three-day festival ‘Kashi Utsav’ was held in Varanasi|
|Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates world-class redeveloped Rani Kamlapati railway station in Bhopal|
|Union Tourism Ministry signs a pact with IRCTC to boost hospitality and tourism industries|
|Indian Oil partners with NTPC to collaborate on green energy|
|India and Sri Lanka revive Parliament Friendship Association|
|Dubai Airshow begins at the Al Maktoum International Airport|
|Union Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates Uttar Pradesh’s first private-sector defence manufacturing facility|
|HDFC Bank integrates with the Union Government’s e-NAM platform|
|Rajeev Srivastava was appointed as the CEO of Standard Chartered Securities|
|Former Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid was appointed as the brand ambassador of Plaeto|
|Former CBDT Chairman P.C. Mody was appointed Rajya Sabha Secretary-General|
|President Ram Nath Kovind presents the National Sports Awards 2021|
|IIT Bombay team wins $2,50,000 grant from Elon Musk Foundation at the COP26 Summit|
|Noted historian and Padma Vibhushan awardee Babasaheb Purandare passed away at 99|
|Australia beat New Zealand by eight wickets to clinch maiden ICC men’s T20 world cup title|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of November 14 & 15, 2021, now from the link given below.