DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: NOVEMBER 28, 2018
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: NOVEMBER 28, 2018
Daily Current Affairs ( November 28, 2018) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness , Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Uttarakhand cabinet approves proposal to rename Dehradun airport after Vajpayee:
- The Uttarakhand government decided to rename the Dehradun airport after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The proposal to rename the Jolly Grant airport after Atal Bihari Vajpayee was approved by the state cabinet at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- The cabinet also gave its nod to the setting up of the Uttarakhand State Agency For Public Services to ensure time-bound delivery of services and redressal of complaints and also cleared a total of 27 proposals, including convening a three-day Winter Session of the Assembly.
Nirmala Sitharaman has formally launched ‘Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti’:
- ‘Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti’, has been formally launched Raksha Mantri Smt Nirmala Sitharaman in New Delhi.
- The event showcased salient inventions and innovations achieved by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs) and Ordnance Factories (OFs) which have resulted in successful filing of Intellectual Property Right (IPR) applications.
- She also felicitated some of the scientists, who invented and innovated useful products for the nation.As part of the ongoing initiatives to enhance self-reliance in defence, the Department of Defence Production has instituted a new framework titled ‘Mission Raksha GyanShakti’ which aims to provide a boost to the IPR culture in indigenous defence industry.
“Making of New India” : The book Released by Finance minister Arun Jaitley
- Shri Jaitley formally released The book, ‘Making of New India at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New delhi.
- The book, ‘Making of New India: Transformation under Modi Government’, contains 51 essays on themes ranging from economy to diplomacy, education to public health.
- President Ram Nath Kovind received the first copy of the book from Jaitley at a function in Rashtrapati Bhawan.According to the introduction to the book, it is an attempt to “present a perspective of the way the government, more importantly, the Prime Minister himself, functions”.
High-End Skill Development Centre established in Chandigarh:
- India’s premier National Research Laboratory CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology (CSIR-IMTECH) announced a new partnership with Merck, a leading German science and technology company, to establish a ‘High End Skill Development Centre’ in CSIR-IMTECH, Chandigarh.
- Equipped with the next generation technologies, like gene editing & single-molecule biomarker detection, the centre will help accelerate healthcare research and train Indian students and researchers in latest life science technologies and make them industry ready.
- This ‘High End Skill Development Centre’ will enrich skills by conducting workshops, trainings and seminar series on cutting edges life science processes, tools and techniques. The centre will facilitate hands-on experience to learning and real time sample analysis.
Govt launches `Paisa’ portal : For Affordable Credit & Interest Subvention Access
- The government launched a centralised electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM), called `Paisa’.
- PAiSA, or `Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access’, is a web platform designed and developed by Allahabad Bank, which is the nodal bank.
- All 35 states/union territories and all scheduled commercial banks, RRBs and cooperative banks are expected to be on board the `Paisa’ portal the year-end.
Nepal govt launches Social Security Scheme:
- Nepal government has launched a Social Security Scheme in Kathmandu for formal sector workers of the country.
- Unveiling the scheme Prime Minister K.P.Sharma Oli said a new era of social security has begun in Nepal.
- The new social security scheme is contribution based and it will cover health and medical facilities, safe motherhood, accident and physical incapacity security, security to dependent family members and security at old age.
- The scheme will be compulsorily applicable to formal sector workers. The scheme will soon be extended to informal sector workers as well.
STATIC : NEPAL
Capital : Kathmandu
Currency : Nepalese Rupee
President of Nepal and commander in chief of Nepalese Army : Bidhya Devi Bhandari
PM Modi to leave for Buenos Aires to take part in 13th G-20 summit 2018:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will leave for Argentinian capital Buenos Aires to take part in the 13th G-20 2018 summit. The theme of the summit is – Building Consensus for a Fair and Sustainable Development.
- Prime Minister will also attend a trilateral meeting with U.S. President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
- The Prime Minister will be speaking on several welfare schemes including Ayushman Bharat, soil health card, MUDRA Yojna among other issues in Putting People First session.
- During the summit, Prime minister will make the pitch for other countries which are not between the Tropics of Cancer and Capricorn to join the International Solar Alliance. The G-20 is also expected to discuss reforms of multilateral trading institutions particularly the WTO.
- The 2019 G20 Osaka summit will be the fourteenth meeting of Group of Twenty. It will be held on 28–29 June 2019 in Osaka. It will be the first-ever G20 summit to be hosted in Japan.
BANKING & ECONOMY
RBI launches survey on Indian startup sector:
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced a survey on India’s startup sector, in order to create a profile of the startups and provide dimensions pertaining to their profitability and workforce.
- The survey would also aim at talking about the problems being faced by the sector in the country.In a recent NASSCOM-Zinnov report titled “Indian Start-up Ecosystem 2018: Approaching Escape Velocity,”, India has emerged as the third largest startup hub in the world.
- According to the report, Bangalore, Delhi-NCR and Mumbai are the top cities which have seen a tremendous growth in startups, with Bangalore becoming one of the fastest growing technology startup hubs.
Governor of RBI : Urjit Patel
RBI headquarters : Mumbai
Government To Divest Stake In Air India Ground Handling Subsidiary:
- The Central government has decided to go in for a strategic disinvestment of Air India’s ground handling subsidiary to partially retire the national passenger carrier’s accumulated debt.
- A ministerial panel led by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley decided to sell 100% of Air India’s ground handling arm Air India Air Transport Services (AIATSL).
- The proceeds will be used to retire a part of Air India’s debt. The government also plans to transfer a “significant part” of the airline’s debt to a special purpose vehicle (SPV).
- The approval comes at a time when the government is working on ways to revive the fortunes of Air India – estimated to have the debt burden of more than Rs 500 billion, including the sale of non-core assets.
Hockey Men’s World Cup 2018 kicks off in Odisha :
- The Hockey World Cup opening ceremony will begin at the Kalinga stadium in Odisha.
- The top 16 teams in the world will fight it out in the 14th edition of the tournament, which will run from November 28 to December 16.
- India will be hosting the FIH Hockey World Cup for the third time in the history. Mumbai hosted the tournament in 1982 while New Delhi did the honours in 2010.
- The Hockey World Cup 2018 opening ceremony conveyed a powerful message of “oneness of humanity”.
Capital : Bhubaneswar
Chief Minister : Naveen Patnaik
Governor : Ganeshi Lal.
AWARDS & HONOURS
Azim Premji conferred highest French civilian award:
- Azim Premji, philanthropist and Chairman of Wipro Limited received the highest French civilian distinction, Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour) from Ambassador of France to India Alexandre Ziegler.
- He received this award for his outstanding contribution to developing the information technology industry in India.
- Indian recipients who have received this prestigious award include Shah Rukh Khan as well as Bengali actor Soumitra Charrerjee.
Veteran singer Mohammed Aziz passes away:
- Playback singer Mohammed Aziz passed away following a cardiac arrest. He was 64.The singer breathed his last at Nanavati Hospital in Mumbai.
- Aziz was part of the music industry for the past three decades. He did playback singing in Hindi, Bengali and Odia films, apart from several stage shows and concerts in India and abroad.
Stephen Hillenburg : SpongeBob SquarePants creator passed away
- SpongeBob SquarePants creator Stephen Hillenburg passed away at the age of 57. Nickelodeon, which has broadcasted the hugely popular cartoon series since 1999.
- For his contribution and impact made in the animation field and within the broadcast industry he has been honoured with a special Emmy in early 2018.
- He not only created the character, Hillenburg also directed the 2004 The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
Aspirants can check the Whole planner of IBPS CLERK Prelims Exam 2018 from the below given link.