DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : November 19, 20 & 21, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (November 19, 20 & 21, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
1) NITI Aayog released a report Health Systems for a New India
- NITI Aayog released a report Health Systems for a “New India: Building Blocks-Potential Pathways to Reforms” on 18 November in New Delhi.
- The report was released by Rajiv Kumar, NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman in the presence of Bill Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft and co-chairman of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- NITI Aayog HQ: Delhi
- Chairperson: Narendra Modi
2) The Sudarshan Chakra Corps of the Indian Army conducted the Sindhu Sudarshan exercise in Rajasthan
- The Sudarshan Chakra Corps of the Indian Army conducted the Sindhu Sudarshan exercise in Barmer, Rajasthan on 16 November.
- The exercise will continue till 5 December 2019.
- Chief of Army Staff: General Bibin Rawat
3) Govt banned HNLC militant organisation
- The central government has banned the Meghalaya-based insurgent group Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC).
- It has been banned for its increased activities of violence and other subversive acts.
4) Shri Narendra Singh Tomer inaugurated the SARAS IITF Mela
- The Union Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, and Agriculture Shri Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurated the SARAS IITF Mela 2019 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- SARAS Mela provides a platform to these SHG (Self Help Group) women and a national level exposure to understand the demand and taste of the urban customers in metros .
5) The 29th Regional Contact Points (RCP) meeting held in Puducherry
- The 29th Regional Contact Points (RCP) meeting of the Asia Pacific (A/P) region of the World Customs Organization (WCO) is being held at Puducherry from 18-20 November 2019.
- The meeting was organized by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- This annual meeting is designed to address regional development in a number of areas.
- World Customs Organisation Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium
6) ISRO to launch cartosat 3, 13 nanosatellites from US
- The Indian space agency, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), is to launch its cartography satellite Cartosat-3 and 13 commercial nanosatellites into sun-synchronous orbit on 25 November.
- ISRO’s rocket Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle-XL variant (PSLV-C47) will put into orbit Cartosat-3 and 13 commercial nanosatellites from the US on 25 November.
- PSLV-C47 is the 21st flight of PSLV in XL configuration. The satellite will be placed in an orbit of 509 km at an inclination of 97.5 degrees.
- ISRO Headquarters: Bengaluru
- ISRO Chairman: K.Sivan
7) The World Conference on Access to Medical Products Achieving the SDGs 2030 for the year 2019 was held in New Delhi, India
- The conference (Word Conference on Access to Medical Productss) was inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Health & Family Welfare Shri. Ashwini Kumar Choubey and few other Ministers.
- The Conference is a follow on from the 2017 and 2018 World Conference on Access to Medical Products organized in November 2017 and October 2018 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
8) Pakistan successfully test-fired Shaheen-I missile
- Shaheen – I Missile is a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile.
- The missile can strike targets up to 650 kilometres.
- It has the ability to bring a number of Indian cities under its range.
- The test-firing of the missile comes amidst Indo-Pak tensions over New Delhi revoking Jammu and Kashmir’s special status.
- Pakistan capital:Islamabad
- Pakistan Currency:Pakistani rupee
9) Bilateral Maritime Exercise Zair Al Bahr is being held in Doha
- The Bilateral Maritime Exercise “Zair Al-Bahr”, “Roar of the Sea”, is being conducted from 17-21 November 2019 in Doha, Qatar.
- The exercise is held between the Indian Navy and Qatari Emiri Naval Forces.
- Qatar Capital: Doha
- Qatar Currency: Riyal
10) NOVEMBER 19: World Toilet Day
- World Toilet Day is observed on 19 November every year.
- The day aims to inspire action to tackle the global sanitation crisis.
- Toilets can save lives as human waste spreads killer diseases.
- The day is aimed to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 6 (SDG-6), which promises sanitation for all by 2030.
- Theme:Leaving No One Behind.
11) Switzerland topped the 2019 IMD World Talent Ranking
- Switzerland topped the 2019 IMD World Talent Ranking.
- India ranked 59 on the global annual list of 63 countries.
- The list was released by the Swiss-based International Institute for Management Development (IMD).
- Switzerland is followed by Denmark, sweden and Austria.
12) Uttar Pradesh to rename Agra to Agravan
- The Yogi Adiyanath-led Uttar Pradesh State government is planning to rename Agra to Agravan.
- The state government has asked the history department of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University in Agra to look for historical evidence if the city was known by any other name.
- The researchers have begun the research regarding the name change.
- Earlier, it has changed the names of Allahabad to Prayagraj, Faizabad to Ayodhya, and Mughalsarai to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Nagar.
13) Haryana to create a new department of foreign cooperation
- The Haryana Cabinet under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar is to create a dedicated new department of foreign cooperation.
- It aims to streamline and focus on various initiatives taken by the state government for the promotion of investment, generate employment for the youth and welfare of Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) from the State.
14) Chris Lynn scored the highest-ever individual score in the T10 format
- Australian batter Chris Lynn scored the highest-ever individual score in the T10 format on 18 November at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
- He scored while playing for Maratha Arabians in the ongoing third edition of the Abu Dhabi T10 League.
- He scored 91 against 30 balls in the match against Bengal Tigers.
15) Arunachal Pradesh was awarded the Best Emerging Green Tourist Destination Award
- Arunachal Pradesh State tourism department and stakeholders were awarded the Best Emerging Green Tourist Destination Award at a function in New Delhi.
- The award was conferred by Travel & Leisure magazine.
- The award was received by Dia Mirza.
- The award recognized the tireless efforts of the department towards promoting green tourism.
- The winner was decided through an online poll by the magazine in which the readers expressed their opinion.
November 20, 2019
1) Paswan asks Delhi govt to nominate non-political person for collection of water samples
- Ram Vilas Paswan asks Delhi govt to nominate non-political person for collection of water samples.
- Union Minister for Consumer Affairs Ram Vilas Paswan has written a letter to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in this regard.
- The Delhi Government has nominated two members including Jal Board Deputy Chairman Dinesh Mohania and its Member Shalabh Kumar for the joint team.
2) Global Bio-India Summit to begin in Delhi
- Three-day Global Bio-India Summit will begin in New Delhi.
- Briefing media this evening, Secretary of Department of Bio-Technology Dr Renu Swarup said, it will be one of the largest biotechnology stakeholders conglomerate to be held in India for the first time.
- She said, it will bring academia, innovators, researchers, start-ups, medium and large companies together on the same platform.
- Dr Swarup said, over three thousand delegates from around 25 countries and over 15 states of India will participate in the mega event.
- She added that more than 200 exhibitors, 275 start-ups and more than 100 biotechnology incubators will participate in Global Bio-India.
3) Sharad Pawar meets PM Modi over relief for drought hit farmers in Maharashtra
- Nationalist Congress Party, NCP chief Sharad Pawar today met Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Parliament house over relief for drought-hit farmers in Maharashtra.
- The meeting came in the backdrop of a logjam in the state over the formation of a new government.
4) Govt appoints 478 Judges in High Courts, 34 Judges in SC: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- The Minister of Law and Justice, Ravi Shankar Prasad has said that the government has provided all kinds of infrastructure and other support to the Judiciary to expedite speedy disposal of long-pending cases.
- Minister was replying to questions posed by various members during the question hour today in the Lok Sabha.
- Mr. Prasad said that the government has appointed a record number of 478 Judges in the High Courts and 34 Judges in the Supreme Court.
- He also said that the Chief Justices of the High Courts have been requested to take proactive steps to dispose off cases that are more than 10 years old.
5) Kerala: Prez Kovind presents prestigious President’s Colour to Naval Academy at Kannur
- President Ram Nath Kovind awarded the President’s Colour, the highest honour that is bestowed upon a military unit, to the Indian Naval Academy in Ezhimala, Kannur in Kerala.
- In his address at the Indian Naval Academy, the President mentioned that our Armed forces are completely equipped to face any kind of challenges be it in conventional or in the asymmetric domain.
- He urged the Naval officers to fully utilize the training and be prepared to deliver in all situations for the country.
- He complimented the commandants, instructors and officers involved in training for producing multi-faceted officers for Indian Navy.
6) India, Singapore express satisfaction over defence ties
- India and Singapore have expressed satisfaction at the deepening defence ties between the two countries and reaffirmed their commitment to promote stability in the region.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his Singaporean Counterpart Dr N G Eng Hen today co-chaired the Fourth Singapore-India Defence Ministers’ Dialogue in Singapore.
7) DSEJ launches special enrollment drive under ‘Aao School Chalein’
- In Jammu, the Directorate of School Education (DSEJ) has launched a special enrollment drive under the banner ‘Aao School Chalein‘ for increasing the enrollment in government schools.
- Apart from increasing the enrollment in the Government schools, the prime focus of the drive is on the strengthening of pre-schooling of children in the age group of 3 to 5 years
8) Assam govt to start Arundhati gold scheme by January 2020
- Assam government will start Arundhati gold scheme by January next year for the registered newly married couples.
- Under the scheme, an amount of 30 thousand rupees will be given to the bride to purchase gold.
- Talking to the media in Guwahati, Assam Finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the scheme is aimed to promote marriage registrations and prevent under-age marriages in the state.
- He said that the annual income of the bride and her father should not be more than 5 lakh rupees per year to get the benefit.
9) J&K: Administration to launch second phase of ‘Back to Village programme’, to upgrade govt websites with latest information
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration is all set to launch the second phase of ‘Back to Village programme’ from 25th to 30th November.
- The flagship programme is aimed at empowerment and development of Panchayats.
- It ensures the functionality of Panchayats in terms of manpower, 100% coverage of beneficiary oriented schemes and doubling of income of rural people by giving the impetus to the rural economy.
10) Maiden Coastal Security Workshop for BIMSTEC countries underway in New Delhi
- The maiden Coastal Security Workshop for BIMSTEC countries got underway in New Delhi.
- The workshop aims at sharing views, best practices and experiences on issues of common maritime interest.
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation, BIMSTEC is an international organisation of seven nations – Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Nepal and Bhutan.
- Giving the keynote address, Secretary (East) Vijay Thakur Singh said BIMSTEC offers a unique link between South Asia and South-East Asia. She said the Bay of Bengal is the largest bay in the world and therefore, India attaches great importance to BIMSTEC.
BANKING & BUSINESS
11) NCAER forecasts India’s GDP growth at 4.9% for FY20
- The National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER) has forecasted India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth for 2019-20 at 4.9% as against 6.8 % in 2018.
12) SEBI approves stricter disclosure norms for listed companies
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India, SEBI, has approved stricter disclosure norms for listed companies.
- Accordingly, in case of default in repayment of loans beyond 30 days, listed companies will have to disclose the fact of such default within 24 hours.
- SEBI Chairman Ajay Tyagi hoped that the move will help investors make informed choices.
- Secondly, SEBI has amended Portfolio Managers (PM) Regulations, 2019 following which net worth requirement of portfolio managers has been enhanced from two crore to five crore rupees.
- The regulator has informed that existing portfolio managers will have to meet the enhanced requirement within 36 months.
13) Bajrang Punia, Mahant Gaurav Sharma honoured in Dubai
- Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia has been conferred the Indian Personality of the Year Award (Sports) at the Indo Arab Leaders Summit & Awards 2019 in Dubai.
- World powerlifting champion Mahant Gaurav Sharma was also honoured with Visionary Leaders of the Year (Sports) award.
14) Lt Col Jyoti Sharma appointed as Army’s first female JAG officer
- Lieutenant Colonel Jyoti Sharma has been appointed as Indian Army’s first female Judge Advocate General officer to be deployed on a foreign mission.
- She will serve the government of the East African country of Seychelles.
1)Union Cabinet approves MoU with Finland in tourism
- Union Cabinet yesterday approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Finland for strengthening cooperation in the tourism sector.
- The MoU seeks to establish the basis for a cooperative relationship to encourage and promote successful bilateral cooperation in the field of tourism, sharing data, knowledge, expertise in the field of tourism.
- The two countries will also be sharing experiences in making policies, regulation and standards in planning, implementation and development of tourism policy.
2) Cabinet approves establishment of National Institute for Sowa-Rigpa in Leh
- The Union Cabinet yesterday approved the establishment of the National Institute for Sowa-Rigpa (NISR) in Leh as an autonomous organization under the Ministry of AYUSH at an estimated cost of Rs. 47.25 crore.
- The setting up of the National Institute of Sowa-Rigpa (NISR) would provide an impetus for the revival of Sowa-Rigpa in the Indian Sub-continent.
- The Institute will also provide opportunities for students of Sowa-Rigpa not only in India but also from other countries.
3) UIDAI operationalizes 21 Aadhaar Seva Kendras
- Unique Identification Authority of India, UIDAI has operationalized 21 Aadhaar Seva Kendras as part of its plan to open 114 stand-alone Aadhaar enrollment and centres across the country.
- These are in addition to 35,000 Aadhaar Enrollment Centers run by Banks, Post Offices and State Governments.
- An official release said, these centres have a capacity to handle up to 1,000 enrollment and requests per day and will be operational all days of the week including weekends, from 9.30 A.M. to 5.30 P.M.
4)Two lakh Gram Panchayats to be connected with internet, broadband by March 2020
- Centre has set a target to provide internet and broadband connectivity to two lakh Gram Panchayats by March next year.
- In a written reply in the Rajya Sabha, Electronics and Information Technology Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said a total of over 1,28,000 Gram Panchayats have been made Service Ready till 7th of this month.
- The Minister said, BharatNet project is being implemented in a phased manner to provide broadband and internet connectivity to all 2,50,000 Gram Panchayats in the country.
5)Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar to inaugurate Agro-Vision in Nagpur today
- Agro-Vision, an Agro-based Exhibition, will be inaugurated in Nagpur by the Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar in the presence of Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Agro-Vision aims to cater the requirements of farmers of Vidarbha region in terms of showcasing new technology in farming, suggestions for allied business so that farmers earn more and prosper in their initiatives.
- Agro-Vision exhibition comprises of National Agri-Exhibition Workshop for farmers and seminars.
- This is the 11th edition of the exhibition held in the orange city where stalls dedicated to Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises and display of livestock will also be a special attraction.
6) 6.1 magnitude earthquake hits northwestern Laos near Thailand border
- A 6.1 magnitude earthquake hit northwestern Laos near the Thailand border early today.
- The United States Geological Survey said it had a depth of 10 km about 92 km northeast of Muang Nan district. The shallow quake hit at 6:50 am local time.
- There were no immediate reports of casualties or damages from the quake.
7) Nepal’s PM reshuffles cabinet; inducts 6 new cabinet ministers, 3 ministers of state
- Nepal’s Prime Minister K.P. Sharma Oli has reshuffled his cabinet inducting six new cabinet ministers and three ministers of state.
- President Bidya Devi Bhandari administered oath of office and secrecy to six newly appointed cabinet ministers at President House in Kathmandu this morning.
8) Mahinda Rajapaksa sworn in as new PM of Sri Lanka
- In Sri Lanka, Mahinda Rajapaksa has been sworn in as the new Prime minister.
- He was sworn in by President Gotabaya Rajapksa, his younger brother after Ranil Wickremsinghe resigned from his post today.
- The changes followed victory of Gotabaya Rajapksa at Saturday’s elections. Mr. Mahinda Rajapaksa served as two-term President during 2005 to 2015 and was barred from contesting Presidential elections because of two-term limit.
9) UP CM Yogi Adityanath to inaugurate Munderwa Sugar Mill in Basti district
- Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath will inaugurate the newly-established Munderwa Sugar Mill in Basti district today.
- It will be third inauguration of sugar mills in the state in just three weeks after the opening of mills in Ramala in Baghpat and Pipraich in Gorakhpur.
10) Kerala’s Mullaperiyar Dam is safe in all aspects: Govt
- Government today said that the Mullaperiyar Dam situated in Idukki District of Kerala is safe in all aspects.
- Minister for Jal Shakthi, Gajendra Singh Shekawat disclosed this while answering a question raised by the Congress MPs in the Lok Sabha.
- Mr Shekawat said, the three member Supervisory Committee visited Mullaperiyar dam site on 4th June this year.
- He said, after discussions on various dam related matters they found that the dam is safe in all aspects.
11) ISSF World Cup: Manu Bhaker, Elavenil Valarivan, Divyansh Panwar win gold medals
- In Shooting, India’s young shooters touched another sensational high with Manu Bhaker, Elavenil Valarivan and Divyansh Panwar clinching gold medals in their events to give the country its best ever single-day show in the ISSF World Cup Finals in Putian, China today.
- The 17-year-old Bhaker fired her way to the gold with a junior world record in the women’s 10 metres air pistol event, while the 20-year-old Elavenil claimed the top honours in the women’s 10 metres air rifle competition.
- The 17-year-old Bhaker fired her way to the gold with a junior world record in the women’s 10 metres air pistol event, while the 20-year-old Elavenil claimed the top honours in the women’s 10 metres air rifle competition.
12) Jemimah Rodrigues, Radha Yadav move into top 5 of T20 ICC rankings
- India’s Jemimah Rodrigues today jumped to the fourth position in the batting chart as per the latest rankings issued by the International Cricket Council while slow left-arm spinner Radha Yadav is placed second among bowlers in the latest Women’s T20 International Player Rankings.
13) Veda Krishnamurthy to lead India A women’s team in Australia
- Middle-order batter Veda Krishnamurthy will lead a 15-member India ‘A’ women’s team during next month’s tour of Australia. While Veda will lead the side, off-spinner Anuja Patil has been named as her deputy for the tour.
- The squad was picked by the All-India Women’s Selection Committee after meeting in Kolkata today.
14) Nov 21: World Television Day
- In 1996, the United Nations general assembly declared November 21 World Television Day.
- The UN recognized television as having an increased impact on decision making as well as being an ambassador for the entertainment industry.
- Television is a symbol of communication and globalization that educates, informs, entertains and influences our decisions and opinions.
15) World Children’s Day: 20 November
- Universal Children’s Day is celebrated annually on 20th November.
- The goal of Universal Children’s day is to improve child welfare worldwide, promote and celebrate children’s rights and promote togetherness and awareness amongst all children.
16) World Philosophy Day
- The World Philosophy Day is observed globally on the third Thursday of November every year. This year it was observed on 21st November.
- On this day, UNESCO highlighted the value of philosophy for the development of human thought, for each culture and individual.
- The 2019 edition aims to highlight the importance of philosophy in different regional contexts.
Q17) Virat Kohli named PETA India’s Person of the Year
- India captain Virat Kohli was named People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India’s ‘Person of the Year for 2019’ for his animal advocacy efforts.
- Kohli’s efforts to improve conditions for animals include sending a letter on PETA India’s behalf to officials calling for the release of Malti, an elephant used for rides at Amer Fort, who was reportedly violently beaten by eight men.
15) Sudhir Mital elected president of Gymnastics Federation of India
- Former Competition Commission of India chairman Sudhir Mital and Shantikumar Singh were elected as president and general secretary respectively, of the Gymnastics Federation of India (GFI).
- Sudhir Mital is a retired IAS officer of Punjab cadre, was also a former president and worked as GFI chief from 2003 to 2007.
- Shantikumar was a former national level gymnast from Manipur, had served as GFI treasurer from 2011 to 2015 and then got elected as secretary in the 2015 elections.
16) Brazil beats Mexico to lift U-17 World Cup title
- The Brazilian football team defeated the football team of Mexico in the finals by 2-1, to win the 18th edition of the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) under 17 World Cup trophy held in Brasilia, Brazil and it moved within one of Nigeria’s record of five championships.
17) Indian football team virtually knocked out of 2022 World Cup qualifying round
- The Indian football team was today virtually knocked out of the 2022 World Cup qualifying round after losing 0-1 to Oman in Muscat. Mohsin Al Ghassani scored the all-important goal in the 33rd minute at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex Stadium as Oman beat India for the second time in the campaign.
- Oman had defeated India 2-1 in the first leg in September in Guwahati.
- With just three points from five matches, India still remains at fourth spot in the Group E table, headed by Asian champions Qatar who have 13 points from five matches. Oman are at second spot with 12 points.
- The Indian team is, however, still in the hunt for a third-round berth for the 2023 Asian Cup qualifiers.
18) ACC U23 Emerging Cup: India lose to Pakistan by three runs in semis
- India crashed out of the Asian Cricket Council U23 Emerging Teams Cup after losing by three runs to Pakistan in the first semifinal in Dhaka today.
- Pakistan scored 267 for seven after opting to bat first. Chasing the target, Skipper Belur Ravi Sharath with 47 and Aryan Juyal with 17 runs made a bright start, stitching 43 runs for the opening wicket. Indian team was restricted to 264 and lost by 3runs. Top-scorer Sanvir Singh scored 76 runs.
Download TNPSC Group II Test Schedule (Race Institute & Bankersdaily) : http://bit.ly/RaceTNPSCGroup2
Download Bankersdaily Android App: http://bit.ly/2S83yQR
TNPSC Group II & Group II A New Syllabus : http://bankersdaily.in/tnpsc-group-2-group-2-a-merged-2019-new-syllabus-released/
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.