DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : November 28, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (November 28, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Sri Lanka President Gotabaya Rajapaksa to arrive in New Delhi
- The President of Sri Lanka, Gotabaya Rajapaksa, will reach New Delhi this evening on a three-day state visit to India.
- He will pay homage to Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, at Rajghat.
- On the same day, the Sri Lankan President “Gotabaya Rajapaksa” will hold talks with the Prime Minister.
- He is also scheduled to call on President Ram Nath Kovind. External Affairs Dr S Jaishankar will call on the visiting dignitary.
Srilankan Capital : Colombo, Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte
Srilankan PM : Mahendra Rajapaksa
CCEA approves mandatory packaging of food grains, sugar in jute material for 2019-20
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs(CCEA) has accorded its approval for mandatory packaging of food grains and sugar in jute material for 2019-20.
- The decision mandates that 100 per cent of food grains and 20 per cent of sugar shall be mandatorily packed in diversified jute bags
- The approval will benefit farmers and workers in the Eastern and North-Eastern regions of the country, particularly in West Bengal, Bihar, Odisha, Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Meghalaya and Tripura.
Cabinet extends term of 15th Finance Commission by 11 months
- The Union Cabinet today extended the term of the 15th Finance Commission by 11 months to October 30th next year.
- This will suggest formulae for tax devolution for the 2020-21 fiscal year.
- Since the validity of previous formulae ends on March 31, 2020, and the Commission needs more time in the wake of the change of stature of Jammu and Kashmir, submission of an interim report was needed
Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry Hardeep Singh Puri has sanctioned more than 96.50 lakh houses under PMAY(U)
- The Centre approved construction of nearly 3.31 lakh more houses, taking the total number of houses being funded under Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojana (Urban) to 96.5 lakh.
- According to a statement, the approval includes six light houses projects (LHPs) for construction of 6,368 units across six states — Gujarat (1,144), Jharkhand (1,008), Madhya Pradesh (1,024), Tamil Nadu (1,152), Tripura (1,000) and Uttar Pradesh (1,040).
14th India-Japan annual summit to be held in Guwahati
- The government is planning to showcase the development in the northeast region, and in particular, the 12 projects funded by Japan (Overseas Development Assistance or ODA)
- Assam Finance and Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma also held a review meeting with the officials of the Guwahati Development Department (GDD), which oversees two major projects funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
Project of Rs 25.58 crores approved for Development of Loktak Inland Waterways Project in Manipur
- The Ministry of Shipping today gave approval for the development of Loktak Inland Water ways improvement project in Manipur under the central sector scheme.
- The estimated cost of the project is Rs 25.58 crores. The Loktak Lake is the largest fresh water lake in North east located at Moirang in Manipur
- In an official statement, the Minister for Shipping (I/C) and Chemical & Fertilizers Shri Mansukh Mandaviya said that Northeast is a beautiful region with stunning land scapes and holds a lot of opportunity for tourism purposes. He said that the project will develop the Inland water transport connectivity in North East States and give boost to the tourism sector.
RIL becomes the first Indian company to hit Rs 10 lakh crore market capitalisation
- Oil-retail-to-telecom major Reliance Industries became the first company (among listed entities) to hit a market capitalisation of Rs 10 lakh crore
- RIL is India’s largest and most profitable private sector company and continued to be a significant global player in the integrated energy value chain
- RIL and Saudi Aramco have agreed to a non-binding letter of intent (LOI), wherein the latter may acquire a 20 percent stake in the ‘oil-to-chemicals’ division at an enterprise value of $75 billion. In fact the Saudi Aramco also mentioned about this investment in its IPO.
Indian Coast Guard to be set up helicopter base in Puducherry
- Additional Director General Virender Singh Pathania, Coast Guard Commander (Eastern Seaboard), Vishakapatnam, visited Puducherry
- During his visit he called on Lt Governor Kiran Bedi.
- The main area of concern was to educate the fishermen about the need for carrying life saving equipment for their survival during distress at sea
- The role of enhanced security and increased surveillance of the Puducherry and Karaikal coasts came in for discussion during the meeting.
- A release from office of Lt Governor said the Commander informed Bedi that the coast guardhad a proposal to set up a helicopter base in Puducherry to enable it to have enhanced search and rescue operations and also address coastal security concerns here.
Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management inaugurated in Hyderabad
- The Indian Railway Institute of Financial Management (IRIFM) was inaugurated by Vinod Kumar Yadav, Chairman of the Railway Board. IRIFM has been constructed by Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd (RVNL) at a cost of Rs.85 crores.
- IRIFM is a green building that can generate 90% of its own power needs with solar installations on the campus besides a water-recycling plant. It is based on a 14-acre campus at Moula-Ali, Secunderabad, Telangana.
- Rail Vikas Nigam Limited is an organisation associated with Indian Railways whose task is to build engineering works required by Indian Railways. RVNL is a mini-ratna Central Public Sector Enterprise(CPSE) under the Ministry of Railways. It was founded in 2003.
Chairman of Indian Railways : Vinod Kumar Yadav
UP: 47th All India Police Science Congress begins in Lucknow today
- In Uttar Pradesh, the 47th All India Police Science Congress (AIPSC) begins in Lucknow today.
- The two-day event will be inaugurated by Puducherry Lieutenant Governor and retired IPS officer Kiran Bedi.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah will be the chief guest at the valedictory function tomorrow evening.
- AIR Correspondent reports that Uttar Pradesh Police in association with the Home Ministry and the Bureau of Police Research and Development is organising the event at the police headquarters in Lucknow.
- It is second time since the inception of the Annual Mind Churning exercise in 1960 that Lucknow is organizing this event. The last time Lucknow was host for AIPSC was in 1997. During 6 sessions of the event, police officers, academicians, researchers, judicial and scientific experts will present their papers.
Assam govt imposes ban on tobacco products
- The Assam government has prohibited manufacture and sale of gutkha, pan masala or any others chewing material in the state.
- An order issued by the Food Safety Commissioner said manufacture, storage, sale, display and transportation of any products containing tobacco or nicotine are banned in the state for one year. Various organizations have welcomed the move.
MoS DoNER Jitendra Singh attends 3rd edition of Destination North East festival 2019 held in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- The Minister of State (MoS) for the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr Jitendra Singh has attended the 4-day long 3rd edition of ‘Destination Northeast (or Destination NE)’ festival 2019 held at IIT-BHU (Indian Institutes of Technology-Banaras Hindu University) grounds in Varanasi,Uttar Pradesh (UP) from November 23-26, 2019.
- It was organized by DoNER with the aim to bring the rest of India closer to the North East and to have experience of two rich cultures of Ganga and Brahmaputra, represented by Varanasi and North East respectively.
COP 25 to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is scheduled to be held in Madrid, Spain
- The Indian delegation will be led by Union Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar.
- India will take at the UN’s upcoming 25th Conference of Parties (COP 25) on climate change commencing next week in Spain.
- The COP 25 to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is scheduled to be held in Madrid, Spain (under the Presidency of Chile)
India-Canada Track 1.5 dialogue explores opportunities to unlock economic potential
- The India-Canada Track 1.5 Dialogue was officially launched in February 2018 during the visit of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to Mumbai
- “Canada and India both have a re-elected leadership and can boldly co-design rules on global issues of shared interest – data governance and e-commerce, a reformed trade & multilateral order,”
Jal shakti Union minister Gajendra Singh attends 8th WATEC Conference 2019 held in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat represented India at the 8th WATEC (Water Technology and Environment Control )
- Conference 2019 based on the theme “Water Stewardship and Innovation – driving global leadership in the responsible planning management, and protection of water” held at David Intercontinental in Tel Aviv ,Israel
- The conference, organized by Kenes Exhibitions, aimed to get updates on technologies related to water and environmental management. Several countries participated in the conference & showcased their new-age technologies and solutions.
- Israel, known for its innovation in water management infrastructure, has recycled over 90% of its water, and nearly 80% of drinking water consumed is desalinated or recycled. The recycling of sewage water for agriculture in Israel is 80 %.
Central Asian Leaders Summit in Tashkent to push partnership with India
- Tashkent will host the Consultative meeting of the Presidents of five Central Asian countries – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan
- The initiative of holding regular meetings of Central Asian Presidents was first put forward in 2017 by the President of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev,
- Kazakhstan Capital : Tashkent
- Kazakhstan Currency: Kazakhstani Tenge
Saudi Arabia elected to UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, member state of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), was elected to the World Heritage Committee for the first time, days after winning the membership in the UNESCO Executive Board
- Prince Badr bin Abdullah bin Farhan, Minister of Culture of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, who is also Chairman of the National Committee for Education, Science and Culture, said that the Kingdom’s election to the World Heritage Committee shows the international community’s confidence in the Kingdom’s standing and supportive role for preserving the world heritage.
Sweden King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 6-day visit to India
- Sweden King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia will undertake a six-day visit to India beginning on Sunday, the Ministry of External Affairs announced on Wednesday.
- It said the King will have meetings with President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on bilateral and multilateral issues of mutual interest.
- Apart from Delhi, the royal couple is scheduled to visit Mumbai and Uttarakhand. This will be King Gustaf’s third visit to India.
- The ties between India and Sweden have been on an upward trajectory in the last few years. The bilateral trade volume was 3.37 billion US dollars in 2018.
- Sweden Capital: Stockholm
- Currency: Swedish krona
Nepal: IWA donates 2 electric vehicles to PADT for elderly pilgrims
- Indian Women’s Association (IWA) in Nepal has donated two electric vehicles to Pashupati Area Development Trust (PADT).
- President of the Association, Namrita Puri handed over vehicles to Dr. Pradip Dhakal, Member-Secretary of PADT in Kathmandu today.
- Indian Ambassador to Nepal Manjeev Singh Puri was also present on the occasion.
- Mrs. Namrta Puri said, these eco-friendly vehicles will be very helpful for the pilgrims visiting holy Pashupati temple especially for elderly and differently-abled people, women and children
- Pashupati Area Development Trust is established to conserve and operate the Pashupatinath Temple and adjoining Area, which is enlisted as UNESCO’s World Heritage Site.
Royal Aeronautical Society honour for DRDO chief G Satheesh Reddy
- G Satheesh Reddy is the First Indian recipient in over 100 years.
- “Dr Reddy spearheaded Mission Shakti, the country’s first Anti-Satellite Missile Test (ASAT) mission which demonstrated an extremely high degree of precision and technological prowess, enabling India to join a select group of four nations with such capability
- “Dr Satheesh Reddy has received numerous awards that include AIAA Missile Systems Award, National Aeronautical Prize, National Systems Gold Medal, National Design Award, IEI-IEEE (USA) award for engineering excellence, Homi J Bhabha Gold Medal and Technology Leadership Award,”
Facebook buys maker of hit VR game ‘Beat Saber
- Facebook-owned Oculus said it is buying the studio behind hit virtual reality game “Beat Saber” as it looks to expand VR technology to wider audiences.
- Facebook is planning a virtual social community where users of its Oculus headgear can “explore new places” via its Horizon virtual world, which is set for a beta launch in 2020.
Australian writer & broadcaster Clive James dies at 80
- Writer, poet and critic who found fame as a presenter of TV shows such as Saturday Night Clive Australian writer & broadcaster Clive James dies at 80
- He also fronted travel programmes (including Clive James Live in Las Vegas, 1982, for ITV, and Clive James’ Postcard from Miami, 1990, for the BBC)
- Diagnosed with Leukaemia in 2010, the author and critic had movingly written about his terminal illness during the final years of his life.
British writer Jonathan Miller Died
- Comedian, TV presenter, satirist, stage director, man of medicine and all-round intellectual, Jonathan Miller, who has died aged 85 after suffering from Alzheimer’s disease
- His various publications include McLuhan (1971), a useful demolition job on the medium is the message guru, The Body in Question (1978), Subsequent Performances (1986) The Don Giovanni Book (1990)
Abhishek-Jyothi combine claims compound mixed pair gold at Asian Archery C’ships
- Abhishek Verma and Jyothi Surekha Vennam claimed the gold in compound mixed pair event at the 21st Asian Archery Championships, which is held in Bangkok.
- The Indians defeated Chinese Taipei opponents Yi-Hsuan Chen and Chieh-Luh Chen 158-151 in the final clash. India picked up seven medals including one gold, two silver and four bronze meddles in the event.
- In the compound women’s team event, Jyothi, Muskan Kirar and Priya Gurjar also lost the battle to Korea, 215-231 in finals to settle for silver.
Bhubaneswar, Rourkela to host 2023 Men’s Hockey World Cup
- India will host the Men’s Hockey World Cup for the second consecutive time after the country was picked to stage the game’s showpiece event in 2023 by the FIH
- The forthcoming edition of the extravaganza will be hosted in two cities – Bhubaneswar and Rourkela. The announcement was made at a glittering event at the Kalinga stadium amidst 15,000 people
- Odisha Capital : Bhubaneswar
- Odisha CM : Naveen Patnaik
Jon Rahm wins DP World Tour Championship
- Spain’s Jon Rahm took another giant step in his meteoric career when he birdied the 18th to clinch the DP World Tour Championship, the Race to Dubai and a $5million
- Spain Capital : Lisbon
- Currency: Euro
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL