DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : November 3 & 4, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (November 3 & 4, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
PM Modi to inaugurate 5th India International Science Festival
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Fifth India International Science Festival by addressing the audience at Biswa Bangla Convention Centre, Kolkata through video conference.
- The prime objective of the festival is to instil scientific temper among the masses. It will showcase India’s contribution in the field of science and technology over the years and encourage translation of its benefits to people.
- Its aim is also to build a strategy for inclusive advancement of Science and Technology. Union Science and Technology Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan will be present on the occasion.
Indian Army holding 1st Army Recruitment Rally in J&K after creation of Union Territory
- Indian Army is holding the first Army Recruitment Rally in Jammu and Kashmir after the creation of the Union Territory. The ten-day Recruitment Rally through Army Recruitment Office, Jammu, commenced at Samba.
- This rally is being conducted to provide employment to youth from three districts including Jammu, Samba and Kathua. Over 44 thousand aspirants from Jammu Region have registered and likely to be screened for their physical and medical fitness during the Recruitment Rally.
- On the first day, more than 3,067 candidates from districts of Jammu appeared for Physical fitness tests. The response, as seen in the Recruitment Rally, is an indicator of the desire of the youth of J&K to opt for peace and progress.
Union Minister of Commerce To Launch Curtain Raiser Of 5th Global Exhibition on Services (GES)
- Union Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways, Piyush Goyal, will launch the curtain raiser of 5th Global Exhibition on Services (GES) in New Delhi on 5th November 2019. The exhibition will be held in Bengaluru from 26th – 28th November 2019.
- The curtain raiser will be a prelude to the main GES and showcase the planned activities over the span of three days of Global Exhibition on Services 2019 and the expected outcomes of the exhibition.
Government plans to invite Brazil President as Republic Day chief guest
- The government is planning to invite Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro as the chief guest to Republic Day celebrations next year, expanding its outreach to South America.
- India and Brazil are working on finalising what could be Bolsonaro’s maiden trip to India as President, said people aware of the matter.
- Bolsonaro would be the third Brazilian President to be invited for Republic Day celebrations, after Fernando Henrique Cardoso in 1996 and Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva in 2004.
Prez Kovind addresses 26th Convocation Ceremony of North-Eastern Hill University
- President Ram Nath Kovind addresses 26th Convocation Ceremony of the North-Eastern Hill University (NEHU) in Shillong. He urged the youth of the North-Eastern states to maintain and further improve their image of being excellent sportsmen and artists.
- Mr Kovind said, the NEHU has emerged as a premier centre of learning. He was happy to note that besides imparting higher education in all the major disciplines, the university is also giving special emphasis on the development of this region which has a significant tribal population.
- He said that institutions of higher education like NEHU can be instruments of social and economic transformation. It can also help Meghalaya in achieving better ranking on Human Development Indices.
National Tribal festival to be held in New Delhi
- The 15-day Aadi Mahotsav, National Tribal festival will be held in New Delhi from 16th of this month. The theme of the festival is a celebration of the spirit of tribal culture, craft, cuisine and commerce.
- New Delhi, Managing Director, TRIFED Pravin Krishna said, more than one thousand tribal artisans from 27 states will participate in the event. The festival will feature exhibition-cum-sale of tribal handicrafts, art, paintings, fabric, jewellery and much more through two hundred stalls.
Om Birla addresses 6th Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit of G 20 Countries
- Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla has said that terrorism not only damages the society but also significantly impacts the economy. Mr Birla, who is in Tokyo to attend the 6th Parliamentary Speakers’ Summit of G 20 Countries, shared his views with Presiding Officers of Parliaments of G20 countries.
- He said, today the world is grappling with several challenges which not only obstruct the efforts towards development but also pose a serious threat to humanity.
India-Uzbekistan joint military exercise – Dustlik-2019 begins
- The first-ever India-Uzbekistan joint military exercise – Dustlik-2019 will begin at Chirchiq Training Area near Tashkent. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his Uzbekistan counterpart Major General Bakhodir Nizamovich Kurbanov presided over the Curtain Raiser of the military drill.
- The exercise, which will focused on counter-terrorism, will continue till November 13. The exercise will enable sharing of best practices and experiences between the Armed Forces of the two countries and will lead to greater operational effectiveness.
- India and Uzbekistan have signed three Memoranda of Understanding in the fields of Military Medicine and Military Education. The MoUs were signed following a meeting between Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his Uzbekistan counterpart in Tashkent.
Biggest US-Bangladesh Navy exercise starts in Chattogram
- The second phase of the biggest US- Bangladesh Navy exercise named ‘Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT)- 2019’ started in Chattogram.
- Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) wing of Bangladesh armed forces, Assistant chief of naval staff (operations) Bangladesh Navy rear admiral M Makbul Hossain was present as the chief guest in the opening ceremony. Rear admiral Murray Tynch, commander logistic group, Western Pacific Command Task Force 73 (CTF-73) of the US Navy was present as the special guest.
- The exercise provides an opportunity to gain a better understanding of the operational activities of the Navies of two countries and to get acquainted with advanced technology through various theoretical and practical training.
Germany marks 30 years of Berlin Wall fall
- Germany marks three decades since the fall of the Berlin Wall.
- The Wall was built in 1961 to stop an exodus from the eastern, communist part of divided Germany to the more prosperous West.
- After decades the wall was built, rising political protest in 1989 put pressure on the East German government to relax travel rules.
- It was on 11th November 1989, that the first pieces of the wall were pulled down.
Biennial Commonwealth Law Ministers’ Conference begins in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- In Sri Lanka, the biennial Commonwealth Law Ministers’ Conference began in Colombo under the theme Equal Access to Justice and the Rule of Law.
- Union Minister for Law and Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad will be representing India at the conference.
- The four-day conference participated by Law Ministers and Attorney Generals from Commonwealth countries seeks to address challenges faced by millions of people seeking to resolve legal problems or disputes.
- Commonwealth Secretary-General Patricia Scotland emphasized the event’s significance in the current global context in which obstacles to justice are prevalent in many forms.
Finance Minister launches IT initiatives ICEDASH, ATITHI for improved customs clearance
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman unveiled two new IT Initiatives – ICEDASH and ATITHI for improved monitoring and pace of customs clearance of imported goods and facilitating arriving international passengers.
- ICEDASH is an Ease of Doing Business monitoring dashboard of the Indian Customs helping the public see the daily Customs clearance times of import cargo at various ports and airports.
- The ATITHI app will facilitate hassle-free and faster clearance by Customs at the airports and enhance the experience of international tourists and other visitors at the airports.
- Ms Sitharaman expressed hope that both these initiatives will be key drivers for further improvement especially as they reduce interface and increase the transparency of Customs functioning.
AGREEMENTS AND MOUS
India, Uzbekistan sign 3 MoUs in fields of Military Medicine and Military Education
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh held bilateral consultations with his Uzbekistan counterpart Major General Bakhodir Nizamovich Kurbanov during his three-day visit to Tashkent from 1st of November.
- This was the first visit by an Indian Defence Minister to Uzbekistan in about 15 years. Both the countries signed three MoUs to enhance cooperation in Military Medicine and Military Education.
- The two sides concluded an MoU on cooperation in the field of Military Medicine between the Armed Forces of the two countries. Two Institution-to-Institution MoUs on training and capacity building between institutes of higher military learning of the two countries were also signed.
- Mr Rajnath Singh invited Maj. Gen Kurbanov to visit India to continue the high-level political-military dialogue between India and Uzbekistan.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
Madhuri Vijay Wins JCB Prize for Literature 2019
- Madhuri Vijay has won the JCB Prize for Literature 2019 for her debut novel, The Far Field. The winner was announced by Sir Mark Tully. Vijay has been selected from a shortlist featuring novels from five accomplished writers.
- The story of The Far Field poignantly internalises the turbulent politics of Kashmir, as Vijay’s protagonist, Shalini, packs her privileges and curiosities, and sets off on a soul-searching journey to the mountains, all the way from her (and the author’s) hometown, Bengaluru.
Rafael Nadal secures No 1 spot for eighth time in his career
- Rafael Nadal is back to the world No. 1 for the eighth time in his career in the ATP rankings.The Spaniard goes up one place to overtake Novak Djokovic even though the Serb sealed his fifth Paris Masters title on Sunday with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Canadian Denis Shapovalov.
- Nadal, whose last stint at the top ended a year ago on November 4, 2018, withdrew from his semifinal against Shapovalov in Paris. Djokovic slips down the rankings because he loses the points that he won a year ago in London when Nadal was absent.
South Africa wins Rugby World Cup
- South Africa galloped by England to win the Rugby World Cup in Japan.
- The Springboks claimed the Cup for the first time since 2007. It was a rematch of the final game of 2007. Both teams scored only penalty kicks in the first half. South Africa led 12-6 at half time.
- In the second half, the Springboks’ Makazole Mapimpi and Cheslin Kolbe each pushed the ball across the line for the only two tries of the game. The final score was 32-12.
- The Springboks became the second team after New Zealand to win three World Cup titles.
Lakshya Sen wins SaarLorLux Open badminton tournament in Germany
- India’s Lakshya Sen has won the SaarLorLux Open badminton tournament at Saarbrücken in Germany. He defeated Sen Weng Hong Yang of China in an exciting final last night.
- World number 51 Lakshya took 59 minutes to overcome Weng in the summit clash. The 18-year-old from Uttarakhand had entered the final beating Kiran George in an all-Indian semifinal.
Indian Hockey Men’s and Women’s teams qualify for 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- In Men’s Hockey, eight-time champions India qualified for next year’s Tokyo Olympic after mauling Russia 7-1 in the second game of the two-legged FIH Qualifiers for men in Bhubaneswar last night.
- The Indian men, ranked fifth in the world defeated world number 22 Russia 4-2 in the first-leg.
- The Indian women’s also sealed their place after beating the United States 6-5 on aggregate despite losing the second match 1-4.
- Indian women have now qualified for back-to-back Olympics having sealed it in Rio de Janeiro after a gap of 36 years.
Korea Open Badminton: Maisnam Meiraba Luwang wins boys’ singles U-19 title
- Maisnam Meiraba Luwang clinched the boys’ singles U-19 title at the Woncheon Yonex Korea Junior Open Badminton International Challenge 2019 in Miryang, Korea.
- The top seed from Manipur needed just 36 minutes to brush aside the challenge of 15th seed Lee Hak Joo of Korea in a 21-10 21-13 win.
- It is the 16-year-old Luwang’s third international title this year following his triumphs at the Russian Junior White Nights 2019 and India Junior International 2019.
Pooja Gehlot wins silver in UWW Under-23 World Championships
- Pooja Gehlot (53kg) in wrestling claimed India’s second silver medal after going down to Japan’s Haruna Okuno in the finals of the UWW Under-23 World Championships in Budapest.
- Pooja lost 0-2 to Okuno in the summit clash. She had entered the finals after beating Turkey’s Zeynep Yetgil in the semifinals of the tournament.
How to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz in Exam Format? Follow the below-given steps.
>> Click the Below link
Download Bankersdaily Android App: http://bit.ly/2S83yQR
TNPSC Group II & Group II A New Syllabus : http://bankersdaily.in/tnpsc-group-2-group-2-a-merged-2019-new-syllabus-released/
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.