DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : October 11, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (October 11, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
PM MODI PAYS TRIBUTE TO NANAJI DESHMUKH ON HIS BIRTH ANNIVERSARY
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has paid tribute to veteran social worker and RSS leader Nanaji Deshmukh on his birth anniversary.
- Mr Modi said, Nanaji dedicated his entire life for the welfare of farmers and rural masses, his contributions to the nation-building will always inspire the people.
- Mr Modi also paid tribute to Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan on his birth anniversary.
PIYUSH GOYAL TO ATTEND 9TH RCEP INTERSESSIONAL MINISTERIAL MEETING IN THAILAND
- Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal will attend the 9th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership, RCEP Intersessional Ministerial meeting beginning at Bangkok in Thailand.
- This will be the last Ministerial before the 3rd Leaders Summit to be held on 4th of next month in Bangkok.
- During the two day meeting, Mr Goyal will also hold a series of bilateral meetings with his counterparts from Japan, Singapore, China, Australia and New Zealand during the Bangkok Ministerial.
FIRST NATIONAL HINDI SCIENCE WRITERS CONFERENCE BEGINS TODAY IN LUCKNOW
- In Uttar Pradesh, the first 2-day long National Hindi Science writers conference will start in Lucknow with an aim to release science writing from the clutches of English and to promote use of Hindi and other Vernacular languages.
- More than one thousand science writers from across the country are expected to take part in this conference which is aimed to bring all Hindi and vernacular language science writers at one platform and to promote Hindi in the field of science writing.
- A dedicated website WWW.VIGYANLEKHAN.COM has been prepared for this event.
BIPLAB KUMAR DEB INAUGURATES ‘ANGIKAAR’ CAMPAIGN
- In Tripura, Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb inaugurated the ‘AngiKaar’ campaign for the state in a formal function held at the city’s town hall,
- He said, with the state’s target of making 26 lakh Ayushman Bharat cards by March 2020, at least 71 percent of Tripura’s population will be benefited under the health scheme.
- The objective of the ‘AngiKaar’ campaign is to bring the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U) under one fold of other central government implemented scheme.
KIREN RIJIJU ADDRESSES INDIA SPORTS SUMMIT IN NEW DELHI; STRESSES ON NEED FOR BUILDING A SPORTS CULTURE
- Union Minister for Sports Kiren Rijiju has said that if every Indian starts paying attention to sports, every sport will become an industry. Addressing India Sports Summit in New Delhi.
- Mr Rijiju stressed on the need for building a sports culture, creating opportunities for the youth, partnerships between Ministries and corporates to leverage the potential of 10 billion dollar fitness industry.
POSHAN ATLAS TO MAP LOCAL CROPS, FOOD GRAINS FOR TACKLING MALNUTRITION
- In a bid to tackle malnutrition, government is developing an Atlas to map the crops and food grains grown in different regions of the country so that nutritious protein rich food in local areas can be promoted.
- The ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) in association with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Deendayal Research Institute is developing a POSHAN atlas under POSHAN abhiyan, government’s multi-ministerial convergence mission with the vision to ensure attainment of malnutrition free India by 2022.
MOBILE APP, “MHARIYALI” LAUNCHED FOR ‘ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION IN GOVERNMENT COLONIES’ WEBSITE
- Shri Hardeep S Puri, Minister of State (I/c) for Housing & Urban Affairs launching the mobile app, “mHariyali,”.
- The app is aimed to encourage Public engagement in planting trees and other such Green drives. People can now upload information/photos of any plantation done by them, which is linked to app and will be displayed on the website epgc.gov.in.
- The App provides for automatic geo-tagging of plants. This app will also enable nodal officers to periodically monitor the plantation. The App is user friendly and works on any android mobile phone.
BANKING AND BUSINESS ECONOMY
NATIONAL FERTILIZERS PRESENTS DIVIDEND OF OVER 28 CRORE RUPEES TO GOVT
- National Fertilizers Limited presented dividend of over 28 Crore Rupees to the Government of India for the year 2018-19.
- Chairman and Managing Director of National Fertilizers Limited Manoj Mishra presented Dividend Cheque of 28.22 crore rupees to the Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers V. Sadananda Gowda in the presence of Fertilizers Secretary Chhabilendra Roul.
- National Fertilizers Limited has presented a cumulative dividend of around 1157 crore rupees to the Government till date against paid up equity of 58 crore rupees.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
NOBEL PRIZE IN LITERATURE AWARDED TO POLISH WRITER OLGA TOKARCZUK FOR 2018 AND TO AUSTRIAN AUTHOR PETER HANDKE FOR 2019
- The 2019 Nobel Prize in Literature has been announced along with the 2018 Prize. The Swedish Academy said, Austrian author Peter Handke has won the 2019 Prize while Polish writer Olga Tokarczuk has received the 2018 Prize.
- Handke was honoured for an influential work that with linguistic ingenuity has explored the periphery and the specificity of human experience. His notable works include “Short Letter, Long Farewell” and “A Sorrow Beyond Dreams”.
- Tokarczu first novel, “The Journey of the People of the Book,” was released in 1993.She has also won the Booker International Prize for her 2007 novel “Flights”.
- Tokarczuk becomes just the 15th woman to have won the prestigious distinction, out of 116 literature laureates honoured since 1901.Tokarczuk and Handke each take home a cheque worth nine million kronor, or 912,000 US dollars.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
GIANT MEAT-EATING DINOSAUR WHICH LIVED 145 MILLION YEARS AGO DISCOVERED IN THAILAND
- A new species of predatory dinosaur that was four times bigger than a velociraptor and lived around 145 million years ago has been unearthed in Thailand.
- The 26 feet long dinosaur is an early member of a widespread group of dinosaurs called Carcharodontosaurids included some of the largest land predators ever known: Giganotosaurus, Mapusaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, and Tyrannotitan.
- The findings were published in the scientific journal PLOS One. The remains included skull, backbone and hip fossils that came from belonged to four individuals of the new species, dubbed Siamraptor suwati.
- The fossilised remains were found in the Thai province of Nakhon Ratchasima and were analysed by Palaeontologists Duangsuda Chokchaloemwong of the Nakhon Ratchasima Rajabhat University.
FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND SATELLITE SERVICING SPACECRAFT LAUNCHES ON RUSSIAN ROCKET
- The robotic Mission Extension Vehicle-1 (MEV-1) launched atop a Russian Proton rocket from Baikonur Cosmodrome in
- MEV-1, which was built by Virginia-based Company Northrop Grumman, launched along with the Eutelsat 5 West B communications satellite. If all goes according to plan, both spacecraft will deploy into a supersynchronous transfer orbit about 16 hours after liftoff.
YES BANK APPOINTS ANITA PAI AS COO, JASNEET BACHAL AS CMO
- Yes Bank Ltd appointed Anita Pai as chief operating officer and Jasneet Bachal as chief marketing officer, the bank said in an exchange filing.
- Pai, who was senior general manager and head of ATM business at ICICI Bank Ltd, will lead the bank’s operations and service delivery.
- She will also look after the information technology functions of the lender. Bachal will head the marketing and communication efforts, the bank said.
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF GIRL CHILD OCTOBER 11 2019
- October 11 has been marked as International Day of the Girl child and aims to highlight and address the needs and challenges girls face.
- It aims at promoting girls’ empowerment and the fulfilment of their human rights. The observation supports opportunities for girls and increases awareness of gender inequality faced by girls worldwide.
- The theme for 2019 International Day of the Girl is GirlForce: Unscripted and Unstoppable.
WORLD OBESITY DAY IS OBSERVED ON 11 OCTOBER
- World Obesity Dayis observed globally on 11 October every year. The day aims to raise awareness about the prevalence, severity, and diversity of weight stigma.
- The obesity often reinforces inaccurate and negative stereotypes about the weight which can lead to weight stigma.
NATIONAL OPEN ATHLETICS CHAMPIONSHIPS: ANNU RANI WINS JAVELIN THROW GOLD
- Annu Rani bagged the gold medal in the women’s javelin throw event at the 59th National Open Athletics Championships.
- Annu, who set the national record at 62.43m to enter the women’s javelin throw final at the World Championships in Doha earlier this month, registered a comfortable win at the Birsa Munda Athletics Stadium.
Get 20 IBPS PO Prelims 2019 – ONLINE MOCK TEST SERIES – Full Length from Bankersdaily @ an offer price of Rs.59/-.
Race Institute" width="300" height="300" srcset="http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-300x300.jpg 300w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-768x768.jpg 768w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-1100x1100.jpg 1100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-530x530.jpg 530w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-100x100.jpg 100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1.jpg 1200w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL