Daily Current Affairs: October 24 & 25, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (October 24 & 25, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – October 24 & 25, 2021, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
World Development Information Day – 24 October
- World Development Information Day is observed on 24 October to draw the attention of the world to development problems and the need to strengthen international cooperation to solve them.
- Theme for World Development Information Day 2021: ‘Action for Sustainable Development Goal’.
- The first World Development Information Day was held in 1973.
World Polio Day – 24 October
- World Polio Day is observed on 24 October every year to raise awareness about polio vaccination and the eradication of polio.
- This day was established by Rotary International to commemorate the birth anniversary of Jonas Salk, who led the first team to develop a vaccine against polio.
- Theme for 2021: ‘Delivering on a Promise’.
United Nations Day – 24 October
- United Nations Day is observed on 24 October to mark the 76th anniversary of the day when the UN Charter entered into force in 1945.
- United Nations Day offers the opportunity to amplify the common agenda and reaffirm the purposes and principles of the UN Charter that has guided the United Nations (UN) for the past 76 years.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches the Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission for strengthening healthcare infrastructure in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
- He also inaugurated various development projects worth more than ₹5200 crores in his constituency, Varanasi.
- The objective of the Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission is to fill gaps in public health infrastructure, especially in critical care facilities and primary care in both urban and rural areas.
Invest India was elected as the President of the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA)
- Invest India has been elected as the President of the World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA) for 2021–2023.
- WAIPA is a prominent global platform for investment and trade, representing 105 nations as the major global nodal agency for investment promotion agencies.
World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA)
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
India’s first state-owned wildlife DNA testing lab was inaugurated in Nagpur
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray inaugurated India’s first state-owned wildlife DNA testing lab at the Regional Forensic Science Laboratory (RFSL) in Nagpur.
- There are two Union Government-owned wildlife DNA testing laboratories located at Dehradun and Hyderabad.
- A fast-track DNA test unit at RFSL, as well as similar facilities in Mumbai and Pune, were also inaugurated specifically for cases lodged under the provisions of the Protection of Children From Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- National Parks: Chandoli National Park, Gugamal National Park, Nawegaon National Park, Pench (Jawaharlal Nehru) National Park, Sanjay Gandhi (Borivilli) National Park, Tadoba National Park
Banking & Economy
Reserve Bank of India introduces the revised regulatory framework for NBFCs scale-based regulation
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced a revised scale-based regulatory (SBR) framework for non-banking financial companies (NBFCs), which will be effective from 1 October 2022.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set a maximum limit of ₹1 crore per borrower for financing subscriptions to initial public offerings (IPO), which will be effective from 1 April 2022.
- Under this new framework, the regulatory structure for NBFCs comprises of four layers based on their size, activity and perceived riskiness as the base, middle, upper and top layer.
- The RBI has changed the non-performing asset (NPA) classification to more than 90 days for all categories of NBFCs.
Reserve Bank of India extends Basel-III capital framework to All India Financial Institutions
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to extend the Basel-III capital framework to All India Financial Institutions such as the Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank), the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), the National Housing Bank (NHB) and the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI).
- Basel-III regulations aim to improve the quality and level of capital in financial institutions so that they are better able to withstand losses both as a going concern and as a gone concern.
- The Reserve Bank of India has proposed a minimum of5% capital for the four All India Financial Institutions (AIFI) in line with Basel-III framework to raise their resilience in periods of stress.
- From 1 April 2022, these institutions must have a minimum total capital of 9% and a minimum capital buffer of 5%. The minimum common equity tier 1 (CET1) capital requirement would be 5.5%, with a tier 1 capital requirement of 7 per cent recommended.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Formation: 1 April 1935
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governors: K. Jain, M. D. Patra, M. Rajeshwar Rao and T. Rabi Sankar
- Subsidiaries: Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC), Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Limited (BRBNML)
AU Small Finance Bank launches a sound box for payment alerts
AU Small Finance Bank has introduced a sound box that will provide merchant partners with quick voice-based payment alerts to enhance its reach in digital payments.
- Small businesses will benefit from the QR Sound Box smoothly without having to read SMS every time when a customer makes a payment.
- This soundbox is a portable speaker available in five languages — Hindi,English, Punjabi, Gujarati and Marathi, which is equipped with a dedicated SIM slot for data connectivity to provide voice notification.
AU Small Finance Bank
- Headquarters: Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Founder: Sanjay Agarwal
- Founded: 2017
Awards and Recognitions
Actor Rajnikanth was conferred with the 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award at the 67th National Film Awards
- Veteran Tamil actor Rajnikanth was conferred with the 51st Dadasaheb Phalke Award at the 67th National Film Awards presented by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu at a special function in New Delhi for his outstanding contribution to the world of Indian cinema.
- The National Award for Best Actor (Male) was shared between Manoj Bajpayee for Bhonsle (Hindi) and Dhanush for Asuran (Tamil).
- The National Award for Best Actor (Female) was presented to Kangana Ranaut for Manikarnika and Panga.
Science & Technology
China launches a new satellite named ‘Shijian-21’
- China successfully launched a new satellite named ‘Shijian- 21’ by a Long March-3B carrier rocket from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China’s Sichuan province to test and verify space debris mitigation technologies.
- Capital: Beijing
- President: Xi Jinping
- Currency: Renminbi
Fabio Quartararo from France won the 2021 MotoGP World Championship title
- Yamaha’s Fabio Quartararo from France has clinched the 2021 MotoGP World Championship
- The 22-year-old French rider moved from 15th on the grid to fourth place at the Emilia Romagna MotoGP held in Italy. Monster Energy Yamaha hasn’t won a title since 2015 and this is the first time a French rider has won the MotoGP World Championship title since 1949.
Friends actor James Michael Tyler popularly known as ‘Gunther’ passed away
- The actor is known widely for his recurring role as Gunther on the US sitcom ‘Friends’, James Michael Tyler passed away at the age of 59.
- He starred in two short films — The Gesture and the Word and Processing — winning the best actor awards at various film festivals.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of October 24 & 25, 2021, now from the link given below.