DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : SEP 10, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (SEP 10 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Suicide Prevention Day- September 10:
- World Suicide Prevention Day is observed on 10 September every year, in order to provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides.
- Theme: “Working Together to Prevent Suicide”.
Narendra Singh Tomar inaugurates webinar on Enhancing Water Use Efficiency:
- Government set target of covering 100 lakh hectares in 5 years under micro-irrigation. Dedicated Micro Irrigation Fund (MIF) of 5000 crores with NABARD was created to facilitate states in mobilizing resources for expanding coverage of Micro Irrigation.
UiPath partners with Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC) to train youth in robotic skills:
- Robotic Process Automation software company UiPath partnered with the Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation as part of its academic alliance programme which is designed to build RPA resiliency among more than 50000 students in the coming year.
Second Kisan train to transport Agri products from Andhra Pradesh to New Delhi, linking farmers directly to markets:
- India’s second and South India’s first Kisan Train was flagged off to provide a seamless supply of perishable produce. The first Kisan Rail flagged off between Maharashtra and Bihar. It aims to help in doubling farmers’ income by 2022.
PM Modi digitally launches Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana and e-Gopala App:
- PM Matsya Sampada Yojana is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of the fisheries sector in India with an estimated investment of Rs 20,050 crores for its implementation from FY20-FY25. E-Gopala is a breed improvement marketplace.
Delhi CM launches online portal for filing of consumer complaints:
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal inaugurated the government’s online portal for e-filing of consumers’ complaints. It has been developed by National Informatic Centre (NIC) in coordination with SBI which is providing payment gateway for payment of fees digitally.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
Karnataka CM Launches India’s First Integrated Air Ambulance Service with ICATT:
- Karnataka CM S. Yediyurappa unveiled India’s first integrated air ambulance service jointly launched by the International Critical Air Transfer Team (ICATT) and the Kyathi in the city. The ambulance is equipped with state-of-the-art German Isolation Pod.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yeddyurappa
- Governor: VajubhaiVala
- National Park: Anshi NP, Kudremukh NP, Bandipur NP, Bannerghatta NP, Rajiv Gandhi (Nagarahole) NP.
Education Ministry to organize 2 -day conclave on School Education in 21st Century under Shikshak Parv:
- Shikshak Parv is celebrated from 8th September- 25th September, to felicitate the Teachers and to take New Education Policy 2020 which was approved and forward. Education Ministry is to organize a two-day conclave on School Education in 21st Century.
CIPET to establish two new Centres for Skilling and Technical Support at Bhagalpur & Varanasi:
- Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering & Technology (CIPET) under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers will be shortly establishing two new Centres for Skilling and Technical Support- CSTS at Bhagalpur (Bihar) and Varanasi (UP).
Mumbai International airport put in place QR code-enabled check-in mechanism:
- Mumbai International airport has put in place a QR code-enabled contactless check-in mechanism for the passengers. Mumbai International Airport Limited stated that the touch less technology solution is a vital step in reducing passenger contact with kiosk surfaces and is in full compliance with the civil aviation ministry’s passenger processing guidelines.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
Nagaland launches Naga Telehealth aiming at providing affordable healthcare services:
- Naga Telehealth is an initiative of the government of Nagaland in partnership with USAID, NISHTHA and Jhpiego. Telehealth is a method wherein communication technologies like computers and mobile phones are used to delivery healthcare, public health and health education services.
- Chief Minister:Neiphiu Rio
- Governor:R N Ravi
Santosh Kumar Gangwar chairs 227th Meeting of Central Board of Trustees of Employees’ Provident Fund:
- Labour and Employment Minister Santosh Kumar Gangwar chaired the 227th Meeting of the Central Board of Trustees of Employees’ Provident Fund. The Central Board has recommended the same interest rate at 50% to the Central Government.
Tamil Nadu CM Edappadi Palaniswami launched portal for Eye Donation:
- Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami launched the website tn.gov.in/eye-donor designed by the National Health Mission Tamil Nadu to help donors. He has pledged to donate his eyes during National Eye Donation Fortnight in Tamil Nadu.
- He has initiated the state-led portal for eye donation enabling people who are willing to pledge to donate their eyes.
Telangana Government and UK India Business Council renew their MoU to strengthen the state’s industrial development:
- UK India Business Council (UKIBC) renewed its’ Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Industries and Commerce Department, Government of Telangana.
- This collaborative partnership between the UKIBC and the Government of Telangana is well-established and has already led to two UK business delegations to the State and a further delegation of leading UK universities.
- Chief Minister:K. Chandrashekar Rao
- National Parks(NP):KasuBrahmananda Reddy NP, Mahaveer Harina NP, Mrugavani NP.
Uttar Pradesh government signs pact with UN for take-home-ration scheme for women self help groups:
- Take-Home ration will now be manufactured and supplied through women Self-Help Groups (SHGs) in Uttar Pradesh. The State Rural Livelihood Mission (SRLM) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the UN World Food Programme for this.
- Around 200 women SHG enterprises are expected to gain business with Rs 1,200 crore annual turnovers through this collaboration.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- National Park: Dudhwa National Park (Tiger Reserve)
- Zoological park: Shaheed Ashfaq Ullah Khan Prani Udyan(Gorakhpur), Kanpur Zoological Park, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden.
India, France, Australia hold first trilateral dialogue with focus on Indo-Pacific Region:
- India, Australia and France held talks for the first time under a trilateral framework with focus on enhancing cooperation in the Indo-Pacific, a region that has been witnessing increasing Chinese military assertiveness.
- The virtual meeting was co-chaired by foreign secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla, secretary-general in French ministry for Europe and foreign affairs Fran ois Delattre and secretary in Australian department of foreign affairs Frances Adamson.
Ministry of State V. Muraleedharan attends 10th East Asia Summit Foreign Ministers’ Meeting:
- East Asia Summit is the premier forum in the Asia-Pacific region to deal with issues relating to security and defence. Since its inception in 2005, it has played a significant role in the strategic, geopolitical and economic evolution of East Asia.
U.S. spacecraft named after late Indian-American astronaut Kalpana Chawla:
- Northrop Grumman’s commercial cargo spacecraft, NG-14 Cygnus bound for the International Space Station has been named after fallen NASA astronaut Kalpana Chawla, the first India-born woman to enter space, for her key contributions to human spaceflight.
Child Mortality Rate in India declined substantially between 1990 and 2019; UNICEF Report:
- According to the new mortality estimates released by UNICEF, India’s child mortality rate has declined substantially between 1990 and 2019.
- The under-five mortality rate (deaths per 1,000 live births) in India declined to 34% in 2019 from 126% in 1990.
Apple’s first ‘floating’ store to be launched in Singapore:
- Technology giant Apple Inc. has announced that it is going to open it’s first ever “Floating” store, in Singapore. The floating Apple Store will be located at Singapore’s posh Marina Bay Sands resort. It will be the third retail store of Apple in Singapore.
India and Angola hold 1st joint commission meet, agree to diversify trade ties:
- India and Angola held the first Joint Commission Meeting during which the two sides agreed to diversify their trade relationship and discussed cooperation in health, pharmaceuticals, defense, agriculture, food processing, digitization and telecom.
- Capital: Luanda.
- Currency: Angolan kwanza.
Banking and Economy:
FM Nirmala Sitharaman Launches Doorstep Banking Services For Public Sector Banks and EASE 2.0 Index results:
- Public sector banks will now provide Doorstep Banking Service that will bring convenience of banking services to the customers at their homes through the universal touch points of the call centre, web portal or mobile app.
- BoB, SBI and erstwhile Oriental Bank of Commerce were felicitated for being the top three in the Top Performing Banks. Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank of India & erstwhile Corporation Bank were awarded in the Top Improvers category basis EASE 2.0.
SBI Modernizes its Payment Switching System with ACI Worldwide Technology:
- ACI Worldwide, a leading global provider of real-time Digital Payment software and solutions, has modernized payments infrastructure for ATM and point-of-sale (POS) at State Bank of India, India’s largest bank with more than 440 million account holders.
SBI to launch loan product ‘SAFAL’ for organic cotton growers:
- SBI managing director C S Setty has announced that State Bank of India will launch a loan product, SAFAL, for organic cotton growers who don’t have any credit history. It stands for Safe and Fast Agriculture Loan (SAFAL). SBI will use Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) for this purpose.
SBI Mutual Fund Launched SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund (Investment Plan):
- SBI Mutual Fund has launched the New Fund Offer (NFO) of SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund – Investment Plan last week. It is an open-ended equity-oriented fund for investment for goals related to your child. According to the fund house, SBI Magnum Children’s Benefit Fund- Investment Plan is suitable for child aged 1 to 14 years.
Goldman Sachs predicts India’s GDP for FY21 at -14.8%:
- Goldman Sachs has predicted India’s GDP for FY21 at -14.8%. For Calendar Year 2020 it has projected a contraction of 11.1%. For FY22, Goldman Sachs predicts India’s GDP to grow at 7% and for Calendar Year 2021 at 9.9%.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Silver Lake to invest Rs 7,500 crore in Reliance Retail:
- Silver Lake Partners has picked up 1.75 per cent stake in the retail arm of Reliance Industries for Rs 7,500 crore. This investment values RRVL at a pre-money equity value of Rs 4.21 lakh crore. Silver Lake’s investment will translate into a 75 per cent equity stake in RRVL on a fully diluted basis.
Science and Technology:
IIT Guwahati in Collaboration with Workspace Metal Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Develops a First-of-its-kind Self-Check Kiosk:
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati in collaboration with Workspace Metal Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Udaipur, has developed a first-of-its-kind self-check kiosk. The small structure helps by streamlining the flow of people through the kiosk.
- The Kiosk only takes about 30 seconds to check whether the person safe to enter the premises or not.
Cricketers Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Smriti Mandhana roped in as Playerzpot brand ambassadors:
- Fantasy sports gaming platform Playerzpot announced ace cricketers Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Smriti Mandhana as its brand ambassadors. The partnership will see the cricketers in the brand’s upcoming campaigns and promote Playerzpot through engagement activities.
Anil Jain becomes new President of All India Tennis Association:
- All India Tennis Association (AITA) has elected Anil Jain as its new president, while Anil Dhupar was chosen as its secretary-general. India’s Davis Cup captain Rohit Rajpal was elected as the treasurer for a four-year term till
- All the office-bearers, as well as the new executive committee members, were elected unopposed. Anil Jain will replace Praveen Mahajan as AITA president. Dhupar will replace Hironmoy Chatterjee.
Awards and Recognitions:
USA President Donald Trump named for 2021 Nobel Peace Prize:
- USA President Donald Trump has been named for Nobel Peace Prize 2021. he played an important role as broker peace between nations Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- The Norwegian Parliament member Christian Tybring-Gjedde named Trump. Along with it, he also praised Trump for his work and solved conflicts worldwide.
Lifetime Achievements Award to Prof. Aditya Prasad Padhi:
- Indian Chartered Accountancy Parivar and Delhi University Ramanujan College Professor Aditya Prasad Padhi, former Vice – Chancellor of Berhampur University has been honoured with “Lifetime Achievements Award” for his outstanding contribution to higher education in India.
DBS Rated as World’s Best Bank; Reported by New York-based financial publication:
- Southeast Asia’s biggest lender DBS has been recognized as the world’s best bank by New York-based financial publication Global Finance.
- DBS latest global best bank accolade comes from the New York-based financial publication Global Finance, which named DBS’ Best Bank in the World’ for the second time in three years in its World’s Best Global Banks 2020 Awards.
Development Bank of Singapore (DBS):
- Headquarters: Singapore
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO): Piyush Gupta
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.