DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : SEP 11, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (SEP 11 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
India Post launches Five Star Villages Scheme to ensure 100% rural coverage of postal schemes:
- Department of Posts has launched a scheme called Five Star Villages, to ensure universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of the country. The scheme seeks to bridge the gaps in public awareness and reach of postal products and services, especially in interior villages.
SAROD ports launched by Shipping Ministry to resolve disputes:
- Union Shipping Minister Mansukh Mandaviya launched a dispute resolving mechanism to ease affordable and timely resolution of disputes for the maritime sector. SAROD-Ports consist of members from the Indian Ports Association (IPA) and Indian Private Ports and Terminals Association (IPTTA).
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan attends 73rd session of WHO South East Asia Region:
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare Harsh Vardhan has attended the73rd session of WHO South East Asia Region (SEARO) through video conference.
- This is the first time the two-day event is being held entirely through virtual platforms owing to the COVID pandemic. The 73rd session is being hosted by the Government of Thailand (from Bangkok) while the previous session was held in New Delhi.
Government forms three-member expert panel to assist in assessment of relief to bank borrowers:
- Finance Ministry set up an expert committee to assess the impact of waiving interest payments on loans under moratorium and suggest measures to provide relief to borrowers. It will be headed by former CAG Rajiv Mehrishi.
Madhya Pradesh reintroduces Deendayal Rasoi Scheme for meals at Rs 10:
- Deendayal Antyodaya Rasoi Scheme to provide meals at a subsidized rate to underprivileged people was re-introduced in Madhya Pradesh. Now the rate per thali has been increased to Rs 10 from Rs 5, said an officer from the urban development and housing department.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Five Petroleum and Gas sector PSUs to join International Solar Alliance:
- Five Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) under Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry will be joining International Solar Alliance (ISA)’s Coalition for Sustainable Climate Action (ISA-CSCA) as Corporate Partners and will be contributing to ISA’s Corpus Fund, said Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
Hubballi railway station to be renamed after Shree Siddharoodha Swamiji:
- Hubballi railway station headquarters of South Western Railway is being changed for the second time in last 5 years. It was changed in 2015 from Hubli to Hubballi. It is being renamed after Shree Siddharoodha Swamiji who was a Hindu Guru and Philosopher.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yeddyurappa
- Governor: VajubhaiVala
- National Park: Anshi NP, Kudremukh NP, Bandipur NP, Bannerghatta NP, Rajiv Gandhi (Nagarahole) NP.
Vice President inaugurates 125th Birth Anniversary celebrations of Kavi Samrat Shri Viswanatha Satyanarayana:
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu virtually inaugurates the 125th Birth Anniversary celebrations of the Kavi Samrat Shri Viswanatha Satyanarayana. He had highlighted the importance of imparting learning in the mother tongue, preserving culture and protecting the nature.
Atal Innovation Mission Launches Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE-ANIC Initiative:
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog has launched the Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE-Atal New India Challenges to foster innovation in Indian MSMEs and startups. The programme will support research-based innovations by providing funding support to MSMEs and startups up to Rs 50 lakh.
India and Japan sign key agreement for reciprocal supplies in defence sector:
- India and Japan sign key agreement for reciprocal supplies in defense sector. India and Japan, signed a landmark defence agreement for reciprocal provision of supplies and services between their defence forces as Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe held their annual summit over a phone.
- The Acquisition and Cross Servicing Agreement (ACSA) between Japan’s Self-Defense Forces and India’s armed forces was signed by Japanese ambassador Satoshi Suzuki and defence secretary Ajay Kumar in New Delhi.
India is yet to take urgent action for eliminating trans fats: WHO report
- According to Countdown to 2023 report by WHO 58 countries have introduced laws to protect 3.2 billion people from Trans fats by the end of 2021. But more than 100 countries still need to take actions to remove these substances from their food supplies. WHO has set a goal of eliminating trans fats by 2023.
Banking and Economy:
Mastercard launches Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) testing platform:
- Mastercard has launched a Digital Currency testing platform aimed at helping central banks test their digital currencies. The system will also demonstrate how consumers can use central bank digital currencies to pay for Goods And Services wherever Mastercard is accepted worldwide.
ICICI Bank launches iStartup 2.0, dedicated offering for start-ups:
- ICICI Bank has launched iStartup 2.0, for start-ups with improved features. Under this, ICICI customers to get a current account in three variants that will offer additional services, salary accounts for employees, dedicated relationship manager, etc.,
- iStartup 2.0 is a startup bank account (in form of current account) that can be opened within 10 years of date of incorporation of the business.
ICICI Prudential Life signs corporate agency pact with NSDL Payments Bank:
- Private Life Insurer ICICI Prudential Life Insurance entered into a corporate agency agreement with NSDL Payments Bank, a subsidiary of NSDL. Under this, the insurer will provide its protection and savings products to customers of NSDL Payments Bank.
CRISIL projects India’s GDP for FY21 at -9%; For FY22 at 10%:
- CRISIL has projected India’s GDP rate for 2020-21 (FY21) at -9% For FY22, Crisil has projected India’s GDP to grow at 10%.
- For the next three years, between fiscals 2023 and 2025, CRISIL projects the Indian GDP to average a growth of 2% annually.
Capital India Finance gets forex business licence from RBI:
- Capital India Finance Ltd (CIFL) received Authorised Dealer Category II licence from RBI for conducting forex business, the first listed NBFC in India to receive a licence. It is now authorised to build and do forex business under the brand name.
RIL becomes first Indian company to cross $200 billion in market valuation:
- The market valuation of Reliance Industries (RIL) hit another milestone by becoming the first Indian firm to cross $ 200 billion. Apple Inc is the world’s most-valued company with a market value of $2 trillion followed by Saudi Aramco at $1.9 trillion.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
WE HUB and NutriHub partner to Scale-up Agriculture Businesses:
- India’s first state-led incubator WE HUB to foster and promote women entrepreneurship to start-up, scale-up and accelerate with global market access, announced its partnership with NutriHub, first of its kind incubator to cater start-ups needs in the Nutricereals sector.
Citigroup names Jane Fraser to succeed Michael Corbat as CEO:
- Citigroup named Jane Fraser as its next chief executive tapping a woman to lead a giant Wall Street bank for the first time. Fraser, who has served as president and CEO of global consumer banking since 2019, will join the board of directors immediately.
Actor Paresh Rawal appointed chairperson of National School of Drama:
- Union Culture Minister Prahlad Singh Patel said that actor Paresh Rawal has been appointed the chairperson of the National School of Drama. Rawal replaces veteran theatre artist Amal Allana as the chairperson of the esteemed institution.
Diana Rigg, Avengers and Game of Thrones star, dies aged 82:
- Award-winning British actress Diana Rigg, who shot to fame in the 1960s television series The Avengers and won new fans in Game Of Thrones, passed away at the age of 82. She won Emmy, Tony and Bafta awards during her lengthy career.
Ashok Leyland’s Chairman Emeritus R J Shahaney passes away:
- Ashok Leyland’s Chairman Emeritus, R J Shahaney passed away after a brief illness. Shahaney was Ashok Leyland’s first Indian managing director and served in that capacity from 1978 till 1998. He subsequently served as the company’s chairman until 2010.
Afghanistan Cricket Board bans Coach Noor Mohammad for 5 years on corruption charges:
- Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) has banned domestic-level coach Noor Mohammad ‘Lalai’ from all forms of the game for five years after he was found guilty of approaching a national team player to spot-fix matches.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.