DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : SEP 13 & 14, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (SEP 13 & 14 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Hindi Diwas-September 14:
- Hindi Diwas is celebrated on September 14 The Constituent Assembly of India had in 1949 recognized and adopted Hindi as the official language.
- It is one of the 22 scheduled languages of the Republic of India. Hindi and English are 2 official languages. The language was adopted under the Article 343 of the Indian Constitution.
Andhra Pradesh CM Launches ‘YSR Aasara’ Scheme For Women Empowerment:
- Andhra Pradesh CM Jaganmohan Reddy launched YSR Aasara scheme to empower women socially and economically. The beneficiaries will have the full freedom on how they would like to utilize the amount.
- Andhra Pradesh has released Rs 6,792.20 crores towards the first installment of the total due of Rs 27,168.83 crores to banks of 87, 74,674 women belonging to 7 lakh Self Help Groups (SHG) in a virtual meeting with all district collectors and some of the beneficiaries.
- Capital: Amaravati
- Chief Minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Governor: Biswa Bhushan Harichandan
- Folk dances: Kuchipudi, Vilasini Natyam, Bhamakalpam, Veeranatyam.
- National Park: Sri Venkateswara National Park, Rajiv Gandhi National Park, Papikonda National Park.
Hardeep Singh Puri launches framework for cities to inculcate climate-sensitive approach to urban planning:
- Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri launched a framework which provides a roadmap for cities to inculcate a climate-sensitive approach to urban planning and development. The Union housing and urban affairs minister also launched ‘Streets for People Challenge’, which aims to inspire cities to create walking-friendly and vibrant streets through quick, innovative, and low-cost measures in response to COVID-19.
MoRTH organized the Orientation and Training Programme of “iRAD” App:
- Ministry of Road Transport & Highways conducted 2-days Orientation and Training programme on iRAD (Integrated Road Accident Database Project) App on 7 & 8 September for the selected districts of Karnataka, and on 10th & 11th September 2020 for some districts of Uttar Pradesh.
Jammu and Kashmir announce Rs 5 lakh annual health insurance for residents:
- Lt Gov Manoj Sinha announced Jammu and Kashmir health scheme intended to provide universal health insurance cover. It will have the same benefits as available under Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) with an annual health insurance cover of 5 lakh per family on floater basis.
Jammu and Kashmir:
- Capital: Srinagar (summer), Jammu (winter)
- Lt Governor: Manoj Sinha
- National Parks: Hemis National Park, City Forest (Salim Ali) National Park, Dachigam National Park, Kishtwar National Park.
- Wildlife Sanctuaries: Changthang Cold Desert WLS, Gulmarg WLS, Jasrota WLS, Baltal-Thajwas WLS, Karakoram (Nubra Shyok) WLS.
Government Sets up Empowered Group of Ministers Headed by Rajnath Singh to Oversee OFB’s Corporatization:
- Central Government has constituted an Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) to oversee the process of the corporatisation of the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB).
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh is the chairman of this EGoM. The ordnance factories form an integrated base for indigenous production of defence hardware and equipment.
Central discom first to adopt e-office in India; Madhya Pradesh:
- Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vitran Company Bhopal is the first power Distribution Company in India in which e-office system is operated from corporate office to local circle offices level. It has implemented e-file & e-correspondent system through NIC e-office.
PM Modi addresses the ‘Grih Pravesham’ event in Madhya Pradesh:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the ‘Grih Pravesham’ event in Madhya Pradesh through video conferencing. Under this, 1.75 Lakh Families in Madhya Pradesh were delivered pucca houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Grameen (PMAY-G).
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon
Odisha Government Launches “GARIMA” Welfare Scheme For Sanitation Workers:
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched “GARIMA” a new Scheme to ensure Safety and Dignity of Core Sanitation Workers of the State. Under this scheme, about 20,000 core sanitation workers and their families covering one lakh population are likely to be benefitted.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
Prime Minister Narendra Modi dedicates to the Nation three key projects related to Petroleum sector in Bihar:
- PM dedicated 3 key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar. The projects include the Durgapur-Banka (D-B) section and 2 LPG Bottling Plants in East Champaran and Banka. It will empower the ‘Atmanirbhar Bihar’ by meeting the rising demand for LPG.
- Capital: Patna
- Chief Minister: Nitish Kumar
- Governor: Fagu Chauhan
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh Launches Smart Ration Card Scheme To Cover 1.41 Crore Beneficiaries:
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh rolled out a “smart ration card” scheme for providing subsidized food grains to 1.41 crore beneficiaries in the state. He also announced a separate state-funded scheme to provide subsidised rations to 9 lakh beneficiaries not covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- Chief Minister:Captain Amarinder Singh
- Governor: V P Singh Badnore
India’s First Airport Coronavirus Testing Facility Launched in Delhi:
- India’s first coronavirus airport testing facility has been launched at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport. Passengers can book the testing the slot an hour before the time of arrival and around four-six hours before the departure flight. The test results are available within four-six hours.
- Chief Minister: Arvind Kejriwal
- Governor: Anil Baijal
ADB and ENGIE Sign Loan agreement to Support India’s Renewable Energy Development
- Asian Development Bank and ENGIE group signed a long-term loan of up to 4.66 billion Indian rupees to construct and operate a 200-MW alternating current solar photovoltaic-based power plant at Raghanesda Solar Park in India’s western state of
Asian Development Bank (ADB):
- Founded- 19 December 1966
- Headquarters- Mandaluyong, Philippines.
- President- Masatsugu Asakawa.
- Membership– 68 countries
ASEAN-India virtual meeting reviews maritime co-operation adopts 5-year plan to boost ties:
- India and the 10-nation ASEAN carried out a comprehensive review of their strategic partnership in a range of areas, including maritime cooperation, and adopted a new five-year plan of action to further boost overall ties.
- It was co-chaired by External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and his Thailand counterpart Don Pramudwinai.
Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN):
- Headquarters: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Founded: 8 August 1967
- Secretary General of ASEAN: Lim Jock Hoi
- Chairman: Nguyen Xuan Phuc
Liberia declares rape a national emergency after spike in cases:
- Liberian President George Weah has declared rape a national emergency and ordered new measures to tackle the problem after a recent spike of cases in the West African state. The nation would install a special prosecutor for rape as well as set up a national sex offender registry.
- Capital: Monrovia
- Currency: Liberian Dollar
- President: George Weah
Banking and Economy:
SEBI issues clarification on asset allocation framework for multi-cap Mutual Funds:
- Securities and Exchange Board of India tweaked the categorisation rules for multi-cap funds increasing the minimum equity investment. Multi cap funds to invest minimum 75% of total assets in equities with 25% each in large-cap, midcap & small-cap companies.
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
- Headquarter: Mumbai, Maharshtra
- Chairman: Ajay Tyagi.
CARE Ratings projects India’s GDP to contact between 8 and 8.2% in FY21:
- Domestic rating agency CARE Ratings said the country’s economy is likely to see a sharper contraction of 8-8.2 per cent in the current financial year 2020-21 (FY21) compared to a decline of 6.4 per cent it had projected earlier. The forecast for GVA growth in FY21 is -7.7%.
Acquisitions and Mergers:
Liberty General Insurance Partners with SpiceJet to Offer Travel Insurance:
- Liberty and India’s leading airline SpiceJet have partnered together to offer ‘Liberty Secure Travel’ an insurance policy to consumers who book airline travel through SpiceJet’s website and mobile site.
- The sum insured in the event of a ticket cancellation is 5000/-. The premium for a single passenger on a single flight booking will vary anywhere between INR 399/- for bookings made in advance of a minimum of 7 days to INR 643/- for a maximum of 30-90 days.
IIT Roorkee inks MoU with OUAT for cooperation in agricultural research and education:
- IIT- Roorkee has signed MoU with Odisha University of Agriculture & Technology (OUAT) to generate frontier technologies and produce quality manpower in the field of agricultural research & education for resolving the challenges faced by the rural communities.
HCL Technologies joins NVIDIA partner network will pursue opportunities in AI space:
- HCL Technologies (HCL), a leading global technology company announced it has joined NVIDIA Partner Network (NPN), the US-based technology company’s partner program, with plans to pursue expanded opportunities in the Artificial Intelligence (AI).
Microsoft and Nasscom FutureSkills launch AI classroom series to prepare India’s AI workforce by 2021:
- Microsoft joined hands with Nasscom FutureSkills to launch a nation-wide initiative that aims to skill 10 lakh students in Artificial Intelligence by 2021. Partnership is an ext. of Microsoft’s global skilling initiative to help 25 mn people to acquire new digital skills.
National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM):
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chairperson: Keshav R Murugesh
- Founded: 1 March 1988
Science and Technology:
SCTIMST Develops Low-cost Indigenous Device For Preventing Blood Clot In Deep Vein:
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum (SCTIMST), an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology, has developed an indigenous low-cost device for the prevention of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). The device by the SCTIMST costs less than 1 Lakh.
IPFT Develops ‘Disinfectant Sprays’ To Prevent Microbial Infections And To Decontaminate Vegetables, Fruits:
- Institute of Pesticide Formulation Technology (IPFT) an autonomous Institution under the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers has successfully developed two new technologies namely “Disinfectant spray for surface application” and “Disinfectant spray for Vegetables & fruits”.
Awards and Recognitions:
Indian filmmaker Chaitanya Tamhane’s film “The Disciple” wins Best Screenplay award; Venice Film Festival 2020:
- Mumbai-based filmmaker Chaitanya Tamhane’s Marathi language feature film “The Disciple” has bagged the prestigious award for Best Screenplay at the 77th annual Venice International Film Festival 2020.
Kevin De Bruyne and Beth England win 2020 PFA player of the year awards:
- Kevin De Bruyne and Beth England win 2020 PFA player of the year Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne was named men’s Player of the year while Chelsea forward Bethany England won the women’s award, England’s Professional Footballer’s Association (PFA).
Former Union minister and Bihar leader Raghuvansh Prasad Singh passed away at 74:
- Veteran Socialist Raghuvansh Prasad Singh represented the state’s Vaishali constituency and was the Union Minister for Rural Development in the Congress-led UPA-I govt. He served as the Union MoS for Animal Husbandry, & Food as well as Consumer Affairs.
Naomi Osaka wins second US Open title after beating Azarenka:
- World number nine Naomi Osaka of Japan defeated world number 27 Victoria Azarenka in the US Open women’s singles final to clinch her second title in three years at Flushing Meadows. The 22-year-old Osaka clinched her third Grand Slam title.
Dominic Thiem Beats Alexander Zverev To Lift Maiden Grand Slam Title; US Open 2020:
- Dominic Thiem became Austria’s 2nd Grand Slam singles champion. He became the youngest Grand Slam champion and 1st maiden Grand Slam champion since Marin Cilic in 2014. He became the 1st player to win from two sets down since Pancho Gonzales in 1949. He defeated Alexander Zverev of Germany with 2-6, 4-6, 6-4, 6-3, 7-6.
Mercedes Lewis Hamilton wins F1 Tuscan Grand Prix 2020:
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) has won the Formula One Tuscan Grand Prix 2020. This was his 6th win of the season and 90th F1 win of his career. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes-Finland) came second followed by Alexander Albon (Red Bull – Thailand) at third place.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.