DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: SEPTEMBER 12, 2018
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: SEPTEMBER 12, 2018
Shri Piyush Goyal launches a web portal “Rail Sahyog”:
- The Minister of Railways and Coal, Shri Piyush Goyal launched a web portal www.railsahyog.Salient feature of this portal is its simplicity & transparency.
- This portal will provide an opportunity for Industry/ Companies/ Associations to collaborate with Railways.
- The web portal will provide a platform for the Corporates and PSUs to contribute to creation of amenities at/near Railway Stations through Corporate Social Responsibility funds.
Ministry of Health implements HIV/AIDS Act 2017:
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare implemented the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) Act, 2017 .
- According to the law, every HIV infected or affected person below the age of 18 has the right to live in a shared household and enjoy its facilities.
- The legislation seeks to ensure equal rights to persons affected by HIV and AIDS.
Two Day Regional Conference on Good Governance begins in Bhopal :
- The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG), Government of India in association with Government of Madhya Pradesh is organizing a Regional Conference on Good Governance with Focus on Aspirational Districts, in Bhopal.
- The themes include: ICT Enabled Education, Agriculture, Public Service and Grievance Management and Good Governance initiatives.
- Delegates from 12 States and 2 UTs will participate in the Conference. There will be 5 Technical sessions in the 2-day conference.
- Shri KV Eapen, Secretary, DAR&PG and Chief Secretary, Government of Madhya Pradesh Shri Basant Pratap Singh will address the Valedictory Session.
Static : Madhya Pradesh
Capital : Bhopal
CM: Shivraj Singh Chouhan,
Governor: Anandiben Patel.
Russia launches biggest war games in decades involving China :
- Russia launched its largest military exercise “Vostok-2018” since the Cold War, war games that will also involve thousands of Chinese troops in a show of burgeoning military ties between Moscow and Beijing amid spiraling tensions with the West.
- China is sending about 3,200 troops, 900 combat vehicles and 30 aircraft to join the drills at a Siberian firing range, a significant deployment that reflects its shift toward a full-fledged military alliance with Russia. Mongolia also has sent a military contingent.
President: Vladimir Putin.
Currency: Russian ruble.
Haryana signs MoU with Indian Oil for ethanol plant:
- The Haryana government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) to set up an ethanol plant in Panipat with an outlay of over Rs 900 crore.
- The initiative at village Bohali with a proposed capacity of 100 kilolitres of ethanol per day will manage crop residue and prevent straw burning before the upcoming paddy season.
- The MoU was signed by Director, Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Department of Haryana, Dusmanta K Behera and Chief General Manager, Alternate Energy and Sustainable Development, IOC Ltd Sanjay Kumar Srivastav. The pact will be valid for one year.
Governor: Satyadeo Narain Arya.
CM: Manohar Lal Khattar
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Preeti Shenoy pens new book – “The Rule Breakers” :
- Best-selling author Preeti Shenoy announced the launch of her new book “The Rule Breakers”.
- The book, which claims to explore complex themes of women’s equality, gender and inclusion among others, is expected to hit the stands on September 17.
- The novel set in the 90s’ is the story of “smart and studious” Veda, who harbours big dreams but finds herself trapped in an arranged marriage and realises that her opinions, her choices in real life do not matter.
- Shenoy, who has previously authored best-selling books like “A Hundred Little Flames” and “It’s all in the Planets” before.
HDFC Life appointed Vibha Padalkar as its new managing director and CEO:
- HDFC Life appointed Vibha Padalkar as its new managing director and CEO for a period of three years.Prior to her elevation, Padalkar was the chief financial officer (CFO) and executive director at the insurer.
- The position had fallen vacant after Amitabh Chaudhry resigned to head Axis Bank.
Click here to watch the current affairs video of September 11, 2018
CLICK HERE TO REVISE: