Daily Current Affairs: September 19 & 20, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (September 19 & 20, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – September 19 & 20, 2021, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
Union Agriculture Minister virtually attends the G20 Agriculture Ministerial Meeting
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar attended the G20 Agriculture Ministerial Meeting, which was hosted by Italy.
- Italy currently holds the G20 Presidency.
- The G20 ministers discussed the topic ‘Research as a driving force behind sustainability’, where Indian agricultural minister emphasised the importance of agricultural research in the three dimensions of food security — availability, availability, access and affordability.
Union Ministry of Law and Justice launches the ‘Ek Pahal’ campaign
- The Union Ministry of Law and Justice has launched a pan-India special campaign named ‘Ek Pahal’ for justice delivery at the doorstep to encourage mass registration under Tele-Law.
Union Minister of Commerce & Industry addresses the G33 Virtual Informal Ministerial Meeting
- Union Minister for Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal virtually addressed the G33 Virtual Informal Ministerial Meeting organised by Indonesia to discuss the agricultural priority issues of G33 and the way forward for the Twelfth Ministerial Conference (MC-12) scheduled to be held from 30 November 2021 to 3 December 2021.
India’s 61st Software Technology Park of India centre launched in Nagaland
- Union Minister of State (MoS) for Information & Technology and Skill Development, Rajeev Chandrasekhar, inaugurated the 61st Software Technology Park of India (STPI) at Kohima, Nagaland.
- Capital: Kohima
- Chief Minister: Neiphiu Rio
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
Sikkim Government declares ‘Katley’ as its state fish
- The Sikkim Government has declared ‘Cooper Mahseer’ locally named ‘Katley’ as its state fish.
- Katley is a freshwater fish found in varied altitudes covering the entire state of Sikkim and is predominantly confined in Teesta and Rangit rivers and their tributaries.
- Capital: Gangtok
- Chief Minister: Prem Singh Tamang
- Governor: Ganga Prasad
UNESCO declares the world’s first 5-country biosphere reserve ‘Mura-Drava-Danube’
- The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has designated Mura-Drava-Danube (MDD) as the world’s first ‘five-country biosphere reserve’ to revitalise 25,000 km of rivers and protect 30 per cent of the European Union’s land area by 2030.
- The biosphere reserve covers 700 kilometres of the Mura, Drava and Danube rivers and stretches across Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary and Serbia.
Banking & Economy
Life Insurance Corporation launches mobile app ‘PRAGATI’ for its development officers
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched a comprehensive mobile application called PRAGATI (Performance Review Application, Growth And Trend Indicator) for the exclusive use of its development officers to give real-time information on the performance of their agency force in critical areas of business.
Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Managing-Director (MD): Mini Ipe
India Post Payments Bank partners with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance for non-life insurance products
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has partnered with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance for the distribution of their non-life insurance products across India, which includes healthcare and medical products, personal accident and motor insurance, amongst other innovative tailor-made products.
Charanjeet Singh Channi was appointed as the new Chief Minister of Punjab
- Charanjit Singh Channi was appointed as the 16th Chief Minister of Punjab following the resignation of Captain Amarinder Singh.
- He became the first Dalit Chief Minister of Punjab.
Facebook India appoints Rajiv Aggarwal as its Director of Public Policy
- Facebook India appointed former IAS officer Rajiv Aggarwal as the Director of Public Policy. He has served as the Head of Public Policy for India and South Asia of Uber.
- He replaced Ankhi Das.
Agreements and MoUs signed
HDFC Bank and Paytm jointly launch co-branded credit cards powered by VISA
- HDFC Bank and Paytm launched a comprehensive range of credit cards powered by VISA, which aims to provide one of the widest range of offerings across customer segments with a special focus on millennials, business owners and merchants.
BYJU’s and NITI Aayog partner to provide free education to children
- BYJU’S partnered with NITI Aayog to provide children from 112 aspirational districts free access to high-quality education and tech-driven learning programmes.
TRIFED and BigBasket enter into an MoU for the promotion and sale of natural Van Dhan products
- The Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) and Big Basket signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the promotion and sale of natural Van Dhan goods made accessible to Big Basket by Van Dhan producing units.
Indo-Nepal joint military exercise ‘Surya Kiran 15’ begins in Uttarakhand
- A 14-day long joint military exercise of India and Nepal named ‘Surya Kiran 15’ began in the Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh district to establish military relations in remote mountainous locations, as well as give humanitarian aid under disaster management and to get training in anti-terrorist operations.
Pankaj Advani wins the Asian Snooker Championship 2021
- Pankaj Advani of India won the Asian Snooker Championship 2021 held in Qatar for a second consecutive time by defeating Amir Sarkhosh.
Books and Authors
Union Defence Minister launches a new book titled ‘Shining Sikh Youth of India’
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh released a new book titled ‘Shining Sikh Youth of India’ authored by Prabhleen Singh.
- This book covers 100 inspirational and motivational success stories of Sikh youths in India who have done exemplary work in their respective fields.
Daily CA- 19 & 20 September one liners
|Union Agriculture Minister virtually attends the G20 Agriculture Ministerial Meeting|
|Union Ministry of Law and Justice launches the ‘Ek Pahal’ campaign|
|Union Minister of Commerce & Industry addresses the G33 Virtual Informal Ministerial Meeting|
|India’s 61st Software Technology Park of India centre launched in Nagaland|
|Sikkim Government declares ‘Katley’ as its state fish|
|UNESCO declares the world’s first 5-country biosphere reserve ‘Mura-Drava-Danube’|
|Life Insurance Corporation launches mobile app ‘PRAGATI’ for its development officers|
|India Post Payments Bank partners with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance for non-life insurance products|
|Charanjeet Singh Channi was appointed as the new Chief Minister of Punjab|
|Facebook India appoints Rajiv Aggarwal as its Director of Public Policy|
|HDFC Bank and Paytm jointly launch co-branded credit cards powered by VISA|
|BYJU’s and NITI Aayog partner to provide free education to children|
|TRIFED and BigBasket enter into an MoU for the promotion and sale of natural Van Dhan products|
|Indo-Nepal joint military exercise‘Surya Kiran 15’ begins in Uttarakhand|
|Pankaj Advani wins the Asian Snooker Championship 2021|
|Union Defence Minister launches a new book titled ‘Shining Sikh Youth of India’|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of September 19 & 20, 2021, now from the link given below.