Daily Current Affairs: September 2, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (September 2, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Coconut Day – 2 September
- World Coconut day is observed on 2 September every year to increase public awareness about the health and commercial benefits of coconut.
Union AYUSH Ministry launches the ‘Yoga-Break’ app for working professionals to de- stress at their workplaces
- Union Minister of AYUSH Sarbanand Sonowal released the ‘Yoga-Break’ app for working professionals to de-stress, refresh and refocus at work in order to boost productivity.
- This mobile app will have a five-minute protocol that includes Asanas, Pranayama and Dhyana.
NMPB under the Union AYUSH Ministry launches a national medicinal plants cultivation campaign
- The National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) under the UnionMinistry of AYUSH launched a national campaign to promote the cultivation of medicinal plants in India as a part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (75 years of India’s independence).
- The aim of this campaign is to increase the income of farmers and realise the dream of green India.
Assam Cabinet decides to rename Rajiv Gandhi National Park
- The Assam Cabinet decided to rename Rajiv Gandhi National Park as Orang National Park, taking into account the requests made by the Adivasi and tea tribal communities of Assam.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Park covers an area of 79.28 sq. km. It was declared as a wildlife sanctuary in 1985 and a national park in 1999.
- Capital: Dispur
- Chief Minister: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
- National Parks: Orang National Park, Manas National Park, Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Kaziranga National Park, Nameri National Park, Raimona National Park, Dihing-Patkai National Park
Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor inaugurates ‘Saath’ initiative for SHG women
- The Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir Manoj Sinha launched the rural enterprises acceleration program titled ‘Saath’ for self help group (SHG) women.
- This initiative will stress on mentoring and market linkages of products created by the SHG women and make them independent and strong in social and financial aspects.
Jammu and Kashmir
- Capital: Srinagar (Summer), Jammu (Winter)
- Lt. Governor: Manoj Sinha
- National Parks: Hemis National Park, City Forest (Salim Ali) National Park, Dachigam National Park, Kishtwar National Park
- Wildlife Sanctuaries: Changthang Cold Desert Wildlife Sanctuary, Gulmarg Wildlife Sanctuary, Jasrota Wildlife Sanctuary, Baltal-Thajwas Wildlife Sanctuary, Karakoram (Nubra Shyok) Wildlife Sanctuary
- Lakes: Mansar Lake, Nagin Lake, Wular Lake, Surinsar Lake, Dal Lake
Central banks of Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and South Africa is set to launch the cenbank digital currency scheme
- Central banks of Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and South Africa launch cenbank digital currency scheme. The project will allow financial institutions to transact directly with each other in the digital currencies issued by participating central banks.
India launches soft skills training programme for women entrepreneurs in Bangladesh
- The High Commission of India, in association with the ICT Ministry of Bangladesh and Women & E-commerce and Silk Oak Global Limited launched a one-year soft skills training programme in Dhaka, Bangladesh, to develop communication skills and presentation skills, among other soft skills beneficial to facilitate their business efforts.
Banking & Economy
SBI opens a floating ATM on a houseboat at Srinagar’s Dal Lake
- The State Bank of India (SBI) has opened an ATM on a houseboat at Dal Lake in Srinagar for the convenience of locals and tourists.
- It was inaugurated by the SBI Chairman Dinesh Kumar Khara.
- The bank launched its first floating cash dispenser at Jhankar Yacht, Kerala, in 2004.
PayNearby launches ‘PayNearby NeoDukaan’ to modernise trade and accelerate digital adoption
- PayNearby, in association with Retailers Association’s Skill Council of India (RASCI), launched ‘PayNearby NeoDukaan’ to digitally upgrade its retail partners and gear them towards a better livelihood.
- It is a one-stop-shop platform empowering retailers to modernise trade and accelerate digital adoption. It also aims to offer a host of tech-enabled trade offerings to drive mass acceptance.
B. Mohapatra was appointed as the Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes
- The Union Government confirmed the appointment of IRS officer Jagannath Bidyadhar Mohapatra as the Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit gets an additional charge of Punjab and Chandigarh
- Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit was given the additional charge of Punjab and the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
- He succeeds V. P. Singh Badnore.
Pankaj Kumar Singh was appointed as the Director-General of the Border Security Force
- A 1988 batch officer of the Indian Police Service of Rajasthan Cadre, Pankaj Kumar Singh took over as the 29th Director- General of the Border Security Force (BSF).
Awards and Recognitions
Ramon Magsaysay Awards 2021 were announced
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award Foundation (RMAF) announced the 63rd edition of the Ramon Magsaysay Awards 2021.
- This award is given in to individuals for their outstanding contributions in government service, public service, community leadership, journalism, literature and creative communication arts, peace and international understanding and emergent leadership.
The winners of the Ramon Magsaysay Awards 2021 are:
|Name of the person||Country|
|Roberto Ballon||Philippines||For conservation of natural resources and helpingcommunities improve their income through livelihood programs|
|Steven Muncy||Southeast Asia||For helping the displaced refugees of Southeast Asia to rebuild their lives|
|Muhammad Amjad Saqib||Pakistan||For helping people through social entrepreneurship|
|Firdausi Qadri||Bangladesh||For her untiring contributions to vaccine development, advanced biotechnological therapeutics and critical research that saved millions of lives|
|Watchdoc||Indonesia||technology in its effort to transform Indonesia’s media landscape|
FSSAI awards 5-Star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification to Chandigarh Railway Station
- Chandigarh Railway Station was awarded a 5-star ‘Eat Right Station’ by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- The 5-star rating indicates exemplary efforts by stations to ensure safe and hygienic food is available to passengers.
Food Safety and Standards Authority of India
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 2011
Agreements and MoUs signed
Nigeria is set to partner with Bitt Inc. to launch a digital currency named ‘ENaira’
- Nigeria will work with Bitt Inc. as a technical partner to launch its own cryptocurrency, the ‘eNaira’, which would operate as a wallet against which customers can hold existing funds in their bank account.
Former Rajya Sabha MP Chandan Mitra passed away
- Former Rajya Sabha MP and senior journalist Chandan Mitra passed away at the age of 66.
- He was a nominated member of the Rajya Sabha from 2003 to 2009. In June 2010, he was elected to the upper house from Madhya Pradesh and his term ended in 2016.
Actor Sidharth Shukla passed away at 40
- Popular television and film actor and Bigg Boss 13 winner Sidharth Shukla passed away due to cardiac arrest at the age of 40 in Mumbai.
Kashmiri leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani passed away at 91
- Kashmiri leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani passed away at the age of 91 due to prolonged illness.
Daily CA- 2 September One liner
|World Coconut Day – 2 September|
|Union AYUSH Ministry launches the ‘Yoga-Break’ app for working professionals to de- stress at their workplaces|
|NMPB under the Union AYUSH Ministry launches a national medicinal plants cultivation campaign|
|Assam Cabinet decides to rename Rajiv Gandhi National Park|
|Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor inaugurates ‘Saath’ initiative for SHG women|
|Central banks of Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and South Africa is set to launch the cenbank digital currency scheme|
|India launches soft skills training programme for women entrepreneurs in Bangladesh|
|SBI opens a floating ATM on a houseboat at Srinagar’s Dal Lake|
|PayNearby launches ‘PayNearby NeoDukaan’ to modernise trade and accelerate digital adoption|
|J. B. Mohapatra was appointed as the Chairman of the Central Board of Direct Taxes|
|Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit gets an additional charge of Punjab and Chandigarh|
|Pankaj Kumar Singh was appointed as the Director-General of the Border Security Force|
|Ramon Magsaysay Awards 2021 were announced|
|FSSAI awards 5-Star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification to Chandigarh Railway Station|
|Nigeria is set to partner with Bitt Inc. to launch a digital currency named ‘ENaira’|
|Former Rajya Sabha MP Chandan Mitra passed away|
|Actor Sidharth Shukla passed away at 40|
|Kashmiri leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani passed away at 91|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of September 2, 2021, now from the link given below.