DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : September 25, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (September 25, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Nation pays homage to Pandit Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay on his birth anniversary
- Nation pays homage to Pandit Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay on his 103rd birth anniversary.
- Union Minister for Skill development Dr Mahendranath Pandey will be at Meerut to celebrate the birthday.
- PM Modi, Vice President Naidu & Amit Shah paid their homage to the RSS ideologue.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar paid homage to Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay on his birth anniversary.
- In Uttar Pradesh Senior BJP leaders and party workers will participate in several public welfare initiatives including Swachhta campaign, plastic free India campaign and environmental protection initiatives to celebrate the birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay.
Amitabh Bachchan named for Dada Sahab Phalke award
- Veteran actor Amitabh Bachchan has been named for the prestigious Dada Sahab Phalke award for his outstanding contribution to the film industry.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister, Prakash Javadekar said the legend who entertained and inspired for two generations has been unanimously selected or the award.
- The award is conferred by the Government for outstanding contribution to the growth and development of Indian Cinema. It consists of a Swarn Kamal and a cash prize of ten lakh rupees.
HM Amit Shah launches Private Security Agency Licensing Portal
- Home Minister Amit Shah launched the Private Security Agency Licensing Portal at a function in New Delhi.
- Speaking on the occasion, Mr Shah said the portal will become functional in all official languages like Hindi, Gujarati, Telugu and Tamil within three months.
- Private Security Agency Licensing Portal’ will help private agencies in police verification of security guards; expand their business across the country apart from providing other facilities.
- The number of licensed agencies in the states will also be available on the portal so that people do not fall prey to the fraudulent private security agencies.
Gandhi Solar Park inaugurated at UN headquarters on Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared his thoughts on Mahatma Gandhi at a programme hosted by India in New York.
- Mr Modi along with others world leaders also inaugurated the Gandhi Solar Park at the UN headquarters and released a commemorative stamp issued by the UN on the occasion of Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary.
- The prime minister said, Gandhiji had stressed on the real strength of democracy. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and a number of heads of state were present on the occasion.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred the “Global Goalkeeper” award by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan launched by his government.
NIA recovers IED materials from Bengaluru module of JMB
- National Investigation Agency (NIA) has recovered Improvised Explosive Device materials from the Bengaluru module of Jamat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB).
- The items were seized based on the information provided by Jahidul Islam, one of the terror operatives held by the investigation agency.
- These operatives, who carried out the Burdwan blast in 2014, had fled to Bengaluru to escape arrest and carry out the activities of JMB in India.
New education policy must focus on comprehensive history of India: VP Naidu
- Vice President M.Venkaiah Naidu has said the new education policy must focus on incorporating a complete and comprehensive history of India, apart from the rich culture and heritage.
- He was addressing the Platinum Jubilee Celebrations of BHS Higher Education Society in Bengaluru.
- Mr. Naidu said it is time to revamp our education system and reorient the curriculum to suit the needs of the 21st century, while upholding the Indian values and ethos.
Shri Nitin Gadkari distributes khadi’s tool kits among leather artisans
- Union Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Shri Nitin Gadkari called them as Charm-Chikitsak (Leather Doctors) and distributed advanced Leather Tool Kits among nearly 150 Leather Artisans at a function held under Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) in New Delhi.
- He said that KVIC has manifested the idea of ‘Antyodaya’ and ‘Swablamban’ (self-reliance).
- The idea behind it is to support the leather artisans with a micro financial assistance so that they may start producing the leather products according to need of the market.
5th India International Science Festival to be held in Kolkata from 5th to 8thNovember, 2019
- The 5th edition of India International Science Festival (IISF) 2019 will be held at Kolkata.
- The Union Minister for Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare, Dr.Harsh Vardhan announced this at a curtain raiser Press Conference in New Delhi.
- “IISF 2019 will play a crucial role in promoting love and passion of science among students by bringing science outside the lab. It is time to make science a Jan Andolan” .
- The Science and Technology Minister further informed the gathering that theme for this year’s festival is RISEN (India Research, Innovation, and Science Empowering the Nation.)
3 new ayush hospitals in Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Odisha
- Ministry of AYUSH has informed that 3 New AYUSH Hospitals have been set up in Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Odisha during the 100-day period of the present government while 306 Ayush hospitals have been upgraded.
- The essential medicines have been supplied and sanctioned to more than 11,980 Hospitals and dispensaries which will benefit more than 2.9 cr patients, the minister informed.
DoNER Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurates Cane and Bamboo Technology Park at Burnihat, Assam
- The Union Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated the Cane and Bamboo Technology Park-cum-Office Premises of Cane and Bamboo Technology Centre (CBTC) at Burnihat, Assam
- Dr. Singh said that there are many unexplored potentials in North East and one of them is bamboo, as more than 50% of India’s bamboos are found in this region.
- The Minister further said though the biggest storehouse of bamboo in India is North East, the market of bamboo is extended all over India.
President of India Inaugurates 6th India Water Week-2019
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, inaugurated the 6th India Water Week-2019, (September 24, 2019) at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.
- The theme of the India Water Week-2019 is ‘Water Cooperation – Coping with 21st Century Challenges’ and it is being organised by the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
PM receives ‘Vaccine Hero’ award
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has received the prestigious Vaccine Hero award in recognition of Bangladesh’s outstanding success in vaccination to immunise children.
- Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation (GAVI) conferred the award upon the PM at a ceremony at a conference room of the UN Headquarters
- GAVI Board Chair Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala handed over the award to Hasina. PM dedicated the award to the people of Bangladesh. “
Infosys, TCS among 17 Indian firms in Forbes best ‘regarded’ companies list
- As many as 17 Indian companies, including Infosys, TCS and HDFC, have been named in the list of World’s Best Regarded Companies compiled by Forbes.
- IT major Infosys has been ranked third in the list of World’s Best Regarded Companies, along with global payments technology company Visa and Italian car-maker Ferrari on the first and second position, respectively.
- Infosys jumped to the third spot from 31st position in 2018.”Infosys’ leading position headlined an Asian invasion in the rankings,”
Assam Govt launches housing loan subsidy scheme
- The Assam Government has launched a housing loan subsidy scheme to provide financial assistance on purchase or construction of the first house for a family.
- Assam Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma launched the scheme – Aponar Apon Ghar in Guwahati.
- Mr. Sarma said that subsidy up to 2 lakh 50 thousand rupees will be provided for loan amounts from five lakh to 40 lakh rupees.
- This scheme would provide impetus to the economy and led to the expansion of real estate in the state.
Swachhata hi Seva Abhiyan to be observed in Madhya Pradesh till Oct 25
- Madhya Pradesh government is launching a month-long Swachhata hi Seva Abhiyan till October 25, against the single-use plastic.
- During the campaign, various awareness programmes will be conducted in urban bodies.
- The campaign will encourage alternatives by eliminating single-use plastic and non-standard polythene in markets, malls and shops etc.
- The campaign aims to administer oath to at least 50 lakh citizens against the use of single-use plastic.
LS speaker to lead Indian delegation to Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference in Uganda
- The annual meeting of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association is taking place in Kampala, Uganda and is hosted by the Parliament of Uganda.
- An Indian parliamentary delegation led by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla will attend the 64th Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference
- The Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference is one of the largest gatherings of Commonwealth parliamentarians and is a unique and valuable opportunity to network with legislators for shared-learning and to build diplomatic relations.
- CPC will this year include the landmark 30th Anniversary Conference of the Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians (CWP) as well as the election of the new Chairperson of CWP.
- The theme of this year’s conference is: Adaption, engagement and evolution of parliaments in a rapidly changing Commonwealth.
Over 2 lakh streetlights to be installed across Delhi: CM Kejriwal
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said his government will implement the ‘Mukhyamantri Street Light Yojana’ under which 2.1 lakh streetlight will be installed across the city to light up dark spots.
- The three discoms will have the responsibility of installing them, he said.
- Each discom will have the job of installing 70,000 streetlights, the chief minister said, adding that every street light will have a sensor that will light up after sunset, he said.
- The streetlights will be installed on a similar model as that of CCTV cameras.
Madhuri Dixit to be Maharashtra poll goodwill ambassador
- Actor Madhuri Dixit has been chosen as “goodwill ambassador” by the Chief Electoral Office in Maharashtra to create awareness among people about the importance of voting.
- State Assembly polls are scheduled for October 21 and results will be declared on October 24.
- Dixit will be seen in a video titled ‘Let’s Vote” speaking about the democratic process and role of voters in the development of the country.
Ponung Doming becomes Arunachal’s first woman Lieutenant Colonel
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu congratulated Army officer Ponung Doming, who became the first woman officer from the state to be elevated to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Army.
PM’s decision to suspend Parliament unlawful: British SC
- The British Supreme Court has ruled that , Boris Johnson’s decision to suspend Parliament was unlawful.
- He suspended Parliament for five weeks earlier this month, saying it was to allow a Queen’s Speech to outline his new policies. But the apex court said it was wrong to stop Parliament carrying out its duties in the run-up to the Brexit deadline on 31 October.
- The PM, who has faced calls to resign, said he “profoundly disagreed” with the ruling but would “respect” it.
Bangladesh, Myanmar, China to form tripartite mechanism for Rohingya Repatriation
- Bangladesh, Myanmar and China have agreed to form a tripartite joint working mechanism to oversee the repatriation process of Rohingyas to Myanmar.
- Foreign Minister of Bangladesh Dr A K Abdul Momen announced this in New York after holding talks with his counterparts from China and Myanmar.
- He said that the proposal was mooted by China which was also agreed by Myanmar and Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh and Myanmar had signed two agreements in November 2017 for repatriation of the Rohingyas within two years but two repatriation attempts have failed as the Rohingyas refused to return without guarantee of citizenship and safety in Myanmar.
- Dr Momen said that the first meeting of the tripartite group will be held next month. However, Myanmar’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations Hou Do Suan downplayed the importance of the mechanism.
5.8-magnitude earthquake claims 30 lives in Pakistan occupied Kashmir
- The death toll in the devastating earthquake that rattled Pakistan-occupied Kashmir and several cities in the country rose to 30 as authorities stepped up relief efforts.
- According to US Geological Survey, the epicentre of the powerful 5.8-magnitude earthquake occurred near Mirpur city in the Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
- Eleven deaths have been reported in Jatlan and nine in Mirpur alone. Other people died in the areas located between Mirpur and Jari Kas.
Sri Lanka: Lawyers in Tamil-majority northern province on strike
- In Sri Lanka, lawyers in the Tamil-majority Northern Province are on a strike demanding the arrest of a Buddhist clergy and other persons who had gone against a court order and cremated the remains of a Buddhist priest within temple premises.
- The lawyers’ absence affected the normal functioning of courts in Mullaitivu district while there were public protests reported near the temple premises.
Strong earthquake strikes off Puerto Rico: USGS
- The United States Geological Survey reported a strong 6.0 magnitude which struck off the northwest coast of Puerto Rico. No casualties or damage have been reported.
- The quake struck 62km northwest of San Antonio at nearly midnight at a depth of 10km.
- San Antonio is home to Rafael Hernandez Airport, a key air link to the mainland US.
- In 2010 nearby Haiti was struck by a devastating 7.0 magnitude earthquake that killed more than two lakh people and crippled the nation’s infrastructure.
Facebook will comply with Bangladesh tax rules: official
- Global social media platform Facebook will comply with the country’s tax rules once the entire process regarding taxation is completed, said Facebook South Asia public policy director Shivnath Thukral.
- Facebook will appoint a representative and pay VAT and other applicable taxes in Bangladesh.
- Thukral said, ‘Facebook follows laws of the land. We will do whatever it requires to do.’
- According to the new VAT provisions which came into effect from July 1, it is mandatory for online entities like Facebook, Google, YouTube etc. to set up offices in Bangladesh or appoint agents to pay VAT and other taxes to the government.
Japan Launches “World’s Biggest Transport Space Ship” For Space Station
- Japan launched an unmanned spacecraft towards the International Space Station.
- The H-2B rocket lifted off with cargo vessel Kounotori8, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- The launch took place from the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency’s Tanegashima Space Center in southwestern Japan.
China To Mark 70th Anniversary With Massive Military Parade In Beijing
- China marks 70 years of Communist rule with a massive military parade in Beijing anchoring celebrations of its emergence as a global superpower, despite a damaging year of trade tensions with the US and pro-democracy unrest in Hong Kong.
- The anniversary is meant to showcase China’s extraordinary rise from the ravages of war and famine to a modern, powerful nation state whose economic and military muscle is viewed by many with increasing concern.
Business and Economy
Sensex sinks over 300 points in early session
- Equity benchmark BSE Sensex sank over 300 points in early session dragged by losses in banking, IT and auto stocks amid negative global cues and foreign fund outflow.
- The 30-share index was trading 303.70 points lower at 38,793.44 while the broader Nifty fell 92.70 points to 11,495.50.
- On the currency front, the rupee depreciated 7 paise against its previous close to 71.08 in early session.
Labour Ministry notifies 8.65% interest rate on EPF for 2018-19
- Union minister Santosh Gangwar has notified 8.65 per cent interest rate on Employees provident fund for 2018-19, which will now be credited to the accounts of more than 6 crore subscribers.
- The EPFO has been settling EPF withdrawal claims at 8.55 per cent interest rate, approved for 2017-18.
- Now, the EPFO will settle accounts at a higher rate of 8.65 per cent for 2018-19
India defeat South Africa by 11 runs in 1st T20 in Surat
- In Cricket, India women beat South Africa by 11 runs in the first T20 International at Surat.
- The hosts settled for a modest total of 130 for eight. Skipper Harmanpreet Kaur top-scored for the side with a 34-ball 43.
- Pacer Shabnim Ismail emerged as the most successful bowler for the visitors with a three-wicket haul.
Manipur clinch 25th Senior Women’s National Football Championship
- Defending champion Manipur have clinched the title of the 25th Senior Women’s National Football Championship for the 20th time. Arunachal Pradesh had hosted the tournament for the first time.
- In the final at CHF Ground in Pasighat Manipur defeated Railways 1-0 in a thrilling contest. The first half witnessed no goals from either side.
- Bala Devi is the highest scorer in the tournament with 20 goals. Railways’ Sanju was declared the Player of the tournament.
Shafali Verma Becomes India’s Youngest T20I Debutant
- Shafali Verma became the youngest T20I debutant for India when she was named in the playing XI for the first T20 against South Africa at the Lalabhai Contractor Stadium here.
- Shafali, 15, opened the batting for India but was out for a duck. She is the second-youngest player to represent India after Gargi Banerjee.
- Shafali earned her India debut on the back of a superb domestic season where she amassed 1,923 runs, including six hundreds and three half-centuries.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
India’s Mars mission Mangalyaan completes 5 years
- Mangalyaan is India’s first endeavour to cross the Earth’s orbit successfully.
- The Mangalyaan mission, which was initially meant to last six months, has completed five years of orbiting Mars and is likely to continue for some more time, says Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief K Sivan.
- “It’s working and continuously sending pictures.
- In the last five years, the Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), India’s first interplanetary endeavour, helped India’s space agency prepare a Martian Atlas based on the images provided by the orbiter, Sivan said.
Get 20 IBPS PO Prelims 2019 – ONLINE MOCK TEST SERIES – Full Length from Bankersdaily @ an offer price of Rs.59/-.
Race Institute" width="300" height="300" srcset="http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-300x300.jpg 300w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-768x768.jpg 768w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-1100x1100.jpg 1100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-530x530.jpg 530w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-100x100.jpg 100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1.jpg 1200w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.