DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : September 26 & 27, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (September 26 & 27, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
World Tourism Day – September 27, 2019
- World Tourism Day is being celebrated since 1980 on 27th September, the day in which the Statutes of the World Tourism Organization, UNWTO entered into force.
- This year India is hosting the official celebrations of World Tourism Day with the theme ‘Tourism and Jobs: a better future for all’.
- Headquarters of World Tourism Organisation is in Madrid,Spain.
EAM S Jaishankar discusses bilateral issues with his counterparts on sidelines of 74th UNGA
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar met and discussed bilateral issues with his counterparts and other leaders from a number of countries, including Brazil and Japan, on the sidelines of the 74th United Nations General Assembly session in New York yesterday.
- UNGA Headquarters: New York, US
- In Indonesia, the death toll from a powerful earthquake that rocked the remote Maluku islands has risen to 23.
- More than 15,000 people were also evacuated to shelters.
- The 6.5-magnitude tremor had sparked landslides that buried at least one victim yesterday.
- Among the confirmed dead was an infant, with many killed by falling debris in and around quake-struck Ambon city.
Saudi Arabia to offer tourist visas for first time
- Saudi Arabia has said it will offer tourist visas for the first time opening up the kingdom to holidaymakers as part of a push to diversify its economy away from oil.
- In a statement, tourism chief Ahmed al-Khateeb said opening Saudi Arabia to international tourists is a historic moment for the country.
- It will open applications for online tourist visas to citizens of 49 countries.
- Visas are currently restricted to expat workers, their dependents and Muslim pilgrims travelling to holy sites in Mecca and Medina.
- Saudi Arabia capital : Riyadh
- Currencies: Saudi Rial
PM Modi addresses 1st India-Caribbean leaders summit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi met the leaders of the Caribbean Community and Common Market during the first-ever India-Caricom leaders’ summit in New York last night.
- The meet focused on fighting climate change and increasing India’s participation with the grouping.
- External Affairs Ministry said that Mr Modi announced a 14 million US dollar grant for community development projects in the Caricom and another 150 million line of credit for solar, renewable energy and climate change related projects.
Mahatma Gandhi’s 80-year-old letter wishing Jews “era of peace” unveiled in Israel
- A short handwritten letter by Mahatma Gandhi 80-years-ago has been unveiled for the first time by the National Library of Israel, NLI.
- Gandhi ji was wishing the “afflicted (Jewish) people” an “era of peace” in the letter, written on the same day World War II broke out.
- Gandhi wrote the letter to Head of the Bombay Zionist Association, A E Shohet, who was trying to enlist support of Indian leaders in favour of the movement to establish a national home for the Jewish people.
- Israel capital: Jerusalem
- Currencies: Israeli new shekel
Venkaiah Naidu confers National Tourism Awards on occasion of World Tourism Day
- On the occasion, Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu today conferred the National tourism awards in various categories at a function in New Delhi.
- Andhra Pradesh has bagged the Best State award for overall growth in tourism category while Goa and Madhya Prdesh were joint winners in Adventure Tourism category.
- Uttarakhand was awarded best film promotion friendly state and Telangana for the best state in innovative use of IT category.
Estonia ready to assist India in development of single multipurpose identity card
- Estonia Ambassador to New Delhi Katrin Kivi said, his country is willing to assist India in the development of a single multipurpose identity card in view of the country’s experience in the domain of e-governance.
- Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday had pitched for the idea of a single, multipurpose identity card for citizens covering “all utilities” from Aadhaar to banking and voting.
- The Home Minister at an event of the Registrar General of India had said that we can have just one card for all utilities like Aadhaar, passport, bank account, driving licence, voter card.
- Estonia capital: Tallinn
- Currencies: Euro
Date for filing ITRs, Tax Audit Reports extended till October 31
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has extended the due date for filing of income tax returns (ITRs) & Tax Audit Reports from September 30th 2019 to 31st Oct 2019 in respect of persons whose accounts are required to be audited.
- The CBDT said that a formal notification for the same will be issued soon.
PM Modi condoles death of former French president Jacques Chirac
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has condoled the death of former French president Jacques Chirac, saying India mourns the loss of a true global statesman and friend.
- Chirac, who supported India after it conducted nuclear tests in 1998, died yesterday at the age of 86.
- He served as the president of France from 1995 to 2007.
- Chirac was suffering from ill health for a long time.
- France capital: Paris
- Currencies: Euro, CFP franc
Wrestler Deepak Punia claims world number 1 spot in 86 kg
- In the latest rankings issued by the international wrestling federation, World Championship silver medallist wrestler Deepak Punia has jumped to world number one position in 86kg category.
- But, Bajrang Punia lost the top rank in the 65kg category.
- In 57kg, world bronze medallist Ravi Dahiya has entered the top-five bracket. He is ranked five, while Rahul Aware stands at number two.
Get 20 IBPS PO Prelims 2019 – ONLINE MOCK TEST SERIES – Full Length from Bankersdaily @ an offer price of Rs.59/-.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.