DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : September 4 &5, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (September 4 & 5 , 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
India announces contribution of 22 mn USD to GFTAM for 6th replenishment cycle
- India has announced a contribution of 22 million US Dollars to the Global Fund for AIDS, TB and Malaria (GFTAM) for the 6th replenishment cycle (2020-22), an increase of 10% over the amount contributed by us in the 5th cycle.
- India was the first implementing country to host a replenishment milestone of the Global Fund and now has become first among G20, BRICS and implementer countries to announce the pledge for the 6th Replenishment Conference, setting precedent for other donors to contribute generously for the cause.
Partnership between India and Global Fund
- India shares a sustained partnership with the Global Fund since 2002 both as recipient and as a donor.
- Global Fund support with investment of US $ 2.0 billion so far has made significant contribution in attaining targets related to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria reduction and escalating our fight against these three diseases.
- In the current funding cycle (2018-21), the Global Fund has allocated US$ 500 million to India.
- As a donor, India has contributed US$ 46.5 million so far till 2019 including US$ 20 million for the 5th Replenishment.
Indian Army Team Summit MT Leo Pargyil (6773m)
- An Indian Army team successfully summited Mount Leo Pargyil (6773M) on 20thAug 2019 at 1030 hours after an extremely challenging climb in harsh weather, hoisting the National Flag a top Mt Leo Pargyil.
- The expedition was flagged in by Lieutenant General PM Bali, AVSM, VSM, COS, Western Command on 31 Aug 2019 at Jhakri near Rampur Bushar.
- Leo Pargyil is the third highest peak of Himachal and is considered to be among the most challenging and technically difficult peak to scale. It lies in the Zanskar range.
- The expedition was flagged off on August 20 by the Commander, Tri Peak Brigade from Pooh in Himachal and comprised entire by of the troops from 18th Battalion the Mahar Regiment of Tri Peak Brigade.
Union HRD Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank attends the 59th foundation day of NCERT
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank attended the 59th Foundation Day of NCERT in New Delhi.
- He also laid the foundation stone of the auditorium of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- NCERT is one of the unique educational and research institutes in the world. It develops curriculum, syllabus and teaching-learning materials for school students and teachers in the country.
- Indian Education System includes 26 crore students, 90 lakh teachers and 15 lakh schools which make it very huge and NCERT has been addressing the needs of this huge system with its innovative curricular material and teacher education courses.
72nd Session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia held in New Delhi
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare attend the inauguration of the ‘72nd Session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia’ held in New Delhi.
- He was also unanimously elected as Chair of the 72nd Session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia.
- Eight Ministers of Health from the 11 countries of the WHO South East Asia Region (SEAR), Smt Preeti Sudan, Secretary (HFW), Dr Poonam Khetrapal Singh, Regional Director, WHO South-East Asia Region were also present at the inaugural session.
- This is the second time that India is hosting the Regional Committee meeting; the previous one was also hosted by India in New Delhi.
Yudh Abhyas 2019: Indo-US joint military exercise from September 05 in Washington
- As part of the ongoing Indo-US defence cooperation, a joint military training, Exercise Yudh Abhyas – 2019 is being conducted at Joint Base Lewis Mc Chord, Washington, USA from 05-18 September 2019.
- Exercise Yudh Abhyas is one of the largest joint running military training and defence corporation endeavours between India and USA.
- This will be the 15th edition of the joint exercise hosted alternately between the two countries.
- Exercise Yudh Abhyas will provide an opportunity to the armed forces of both countries to train in an integrated manner at Battalion level with joint planning at Brigade level.
- The exercise is also an ideal platform to learn from each other’s expertise and experiences of planning and execution of operations.
Sri Lanka inks four agreements with Maldives
- Sri Lanka and Maldives exchanged four agreements of cooperation including facilitation of visa arrangements allowing for free 90-day on-arrival visas for visitors between the two countries.
- A MoU on Cooperation in the area of social protection, higher education, vocational training and youth development are other areas in which MoUs were signed during Sri Lankan Prime minister Ranil Wickremesinghe‘s visit to Male.
- The visa agreement contains provisions for grant of multiple entry non-resident business visas, thereby facilitating commercial engagements and private sector collaboration.
- Both countries also issued a joint statement highlighting the enduring friendship that defines the relationship between Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
- Maldives President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih expressed gratitude for Sri Lanka’s numerous assistance to the Maldives over the years, which has proven a boon to the Maldives’ socio-economic development.
BANKING & FINANCE
Cabinet approves Infusion of capital by Government in IDBI Bank
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Infusion of Rs 4,557 crore by Government in IDBI Bank.
- It will help in completing the process of IDBI Bank’s turn around and enable it to return to profitability and normal lending, and giving Government the option of recovering its investment at an opportune time.
- IDBI Bank needs a one-time infusion of capital to complete the exercise of dealing with its legacy book. It has already substantially cleaned up, reducing net NPA from peak of 18.8% in June 2018 to 8% in June 2019.
- The capital for this has to come from its shareholders. LIC is at 51% and is not allowed to go higher by the insurance regulator. Of the Rs. 9,300 crore needed, LIC would meet 51% (Rs. 4,743 crore).
- Remaining 49%, amounting to Rs. 4,557 crore, is proposed from Government as its share on one time basis.
- After this infusion, IDBI Bank expects to be able to subsequently raise further capital on its own and expects to come out of RBI’s Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework sometime next year.
Joint India- NDB Workshop on Enhancing New Development Bank Engagement with the Indian Private and Public Sector
- A one-day Joint India- NDB workshop on Enhancing NDB’s engagement with the India private and public sector was held in New Delhi.
- The NDB is the first Multilateral Development Bank established by developing countries and emerging economies — Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
- India is one of the founding members, holding 20% stake in the Bank. The Bank is headquartered in Shanghai.
- As of now, NDB’s approved loan proportion to India is 28%, the second highest after China amongst the BRICS countries. States like Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Assam are receiving funding from the Bank.
- The workshop was co-organized by NDB and the Department of Economic Affairs (DEA) Ministry of Finance, Government of India.
- The workshop was co-chaired by Shri K. Rajaraman, Additional Secretary, DEA, Mr. Xian Zhu, Vice President and Chief Operations Officer (COO) of NDB, and was attended by more than 100 representatives from Indian public and private sector, including Ms. Naina Lal Kidwai, Member of BRICS Business Council and Past President of FICCI.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Growth of eight core sectors slows to 2.1% in July
- Growth of eight core industries dropped to 2.1 per cent in July mainly due to a contraction in coal, crude oil, natural gas and refinery products.
- The eight-core sector industries — coal, crude oil, natural gas, refinery products, fertiliser, steel, cement and electricity — had expanded by 7.3 per cent in July last year.
- According to the data released by the government, the output of coal, crude oil, natural gas and refinery products recorded negative growth in July.
- During April-July, the eight sectors grew by 3 per cent compared to 5.9 per cent in the same period previous year.
GST collection in August stands at Rs 98,202 cr
- GST collection in the month of August stood at 98 thousand 202 crore rupees.
- The total number of GSTR 3B Returns filed for the month of July up to 31st of August is around 76 lakh.
- The government has settled 23 thousand 165 crore rupees to CGST and 16 thousand 623 crore rupees to SGST from IGST as a regular settlement.
- The total revenue earned by the Central Government and the State Governments after regular settlement in the month of August 2019 is 40 thousand 898 crore rupees for CGST and 40 thousand 862 crores for the SGST.
- 27 thousand 955 crore rupees have been released to the states as GST compensation for the months of June and July this year.
Rajasthan Govt launched AB-MGRSBY health insurance scheme
- The Rajasthan government launched a new health insurance scheme — Ayushman Bharat-Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojna (AB-MGRSBY).
- The scheme will be implemented after merging the Centre’s Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna (AB-PMJAY) and the state’s Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojna (BSBY).
- The decision to merge the two schemes was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. With the merger of AB-PMJAY and BSBY, the number of families getting benefit will increase.
- The Chief Minister expressed that complaints of irregularities under BSBY were being received and these shortcomings have been taken care of in the new scheme.
AGREEMENTS & MOU
ESIC Signs an Agreement with SBI for Payments To ESIC Beneficiaries on Real Time Basis
- A Memorandum of Agreement has been signed between the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) and SBI in accordance with which, the SBI would provide e-payment services directly to the bank accounts of all ESIC beneficiaries and payees without any manual intervention as an integrated and automated process.
- The SBI would provide e-payment integration with the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) processes of ESIC through its Cash Management Product (CMP) e-payment technology platform.
- The e-payment integration would effect statutory benefit payments to ESIC beneficiaries as well as other payees on real time basis, reducing time lags and delays and at the same time, help to eliminate mistakes and errors caused by repetitive and manual data entries.
- The new system will benefit all stakeholders of ESIC. The agreement was signed in the presence of Shri Rajkumar, DG, ESIC and Shri Sunil Wadhera, DGM, SBI.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora assumes charge as AWEB Chairman
- Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora assumed Chairmanship of Association of World Election Bodies, AWEB for the term 2019-21 as India takes over the Chair from Romania.
- India was unanimously nominated to be the Vice-Chair of AWEB at the last General Assembly held at Bucharest in 2017. More than 110 delegates from 45 countries attended the meeting.
- The AWEB Flag was handed over to the new Chairman, Sunil Arora and it will remain with Election Commission of India for the two year term till 2021.
- An AWEB Centre would be set up at the India International Institute of Democracy and Election Management, New Delhi for documentation, research and training and for sharing best practices.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
PM Modi to Be Honoured By Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation For Swachch Bharat Abhiyan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be honoured this September with the prestigious ‘Global Goalkeeper Award’ by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for his leadership and commitment to the Swachch Bharat Abhiyaan.
- The prime minister will also address global leaders and corporate executives at the Bloomberg Global Business Forum during his visit here for the high-level UN General Assembly (UNGA) session.
- Mr Modi will be presented with the 2019 ‘Global Goalkeeper Award’, which according to the Foundation is a “special recognition” that celebrates a political leader who has “demonstrated their commitment to the Global Goals through impactful work in their country and/or globally”.
- Modi will be honoured for his leadership of the Swachch Bharat Mission, which he had launched on October 2, 2014.
Mithali Raj retires from T20 International cricket, to focus on 2021 ODI World Cup
- Indian batting great Mithali Raj announced her retirement from T20 International cricket confirmed by the Board of Control for Cricket in India and she wishes to focus her energies of the 2021 One-Day International World Cup.
- Raj led India in 32 T20Is including the three Women’s WT20 World Cups in 2012 (Sri Lanka), 2014 (Bangladesh) and 2016 (India).
- The 36-year-old was also the captain in India women’s first-ever T20I played in Derby back in 2006.
- Since that win against England, Raj played another 88 games in which she scored 2,364 runs, the most by an Indian woman in T20Is.
- Mithali is also the first Indian to reach the landmark of 2,000 T20I runs.
- With 2,364 runs at an average 37.52, including 17 fifties, Raj finishes as the most prolific T20I run-scorer in the women’s game.
Zimbabwe captain Hamilton Masakadza to retire from international cricket after Bangladesh series
- Zimbabwe captain Hamilton Masakadza will retire from all forms of international cricket after the conclusion of the T20I tri-series involving Bangladesh and Afghanistan later this month.
- Masakadza has made 38 Test, 209 ODI and 62 T20I appearances for Zimbabwe since making his international debut against West Indies in 2001 and scored 9,410 international runs.
- His highest score in international cricket is his unbeaten 178 against Kenya in 2009. Masakadza is fourth on Zimbabwe’s ODI and Test run-getters lists.
- The ICC had suspended Zimbabwe Cricket for violation of its constitution after the current elected members of the Zimbabwe board were suspended by the Sports and Recreation Committee (SRC).
Rohit Sharma bats for rhinos in association with WWF India and Animal Planet
- Rohit Sharma, the star Indian batsman is launching ‘Rohit4Rhinos’ campaign, in partnership with WWF India and Animal Planet, to help build awareness for the need to conserve the Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros or the Indian Rhino.
- In a campaign launching on Animal Planet to commemorate World Rhino Day on September 22, Rohit pledges to do his bit to save the “vulnerable” species from extinction.
- Rohit Sharma joined WWF India as its Brand Ambassador for Rhino Conservation in 2018.
- Of the estimated 3500 Indian rhinos left in the world, 82% are found in India. Once found abundantly across the Indus, Ganges and the Brahmaputra river basins, the animal is now found only in select pockets in Assam, West Bengal, Bihar and Uttar Pradesh.
- The state animal of Assam, the Indian rhinoceros faces several threats, including poaching, habitat loss and mass mortality from in-breeding and disease.
Third round of India- Pakistan talks on Kartarpur Sahib Corridor held
- The third round of talks with Pakistan on the modalities for operationalisation of the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor is held at Attari, Amritsar.
- Indian delegation comprised of representatives from the Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Defence, Government of Punjab, Land Ports Authority of India, National Highways Authority of India, in addition to Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The first round of discussions at Joint Secretary Level was held on 14th March 2019 at Attari, India, followed by the second round of discussions on 14th July 2019 at Wagah, Pakistan.
- As a follow up to these discussions, four rounds of technical-level meetings were also held where both sides discussed the issues related to alignment of the road and infrastructure for the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor.
- And the temporary service road pending the bridge to be built by Pakistan, modality and format for sharing details regarding pilgrims and evacuation procedures in case of emergencies are also discussed.
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) gets India’s tallest ATC Tower
- The tallest ATC tower in the country which is expected to enhance safety and efficiency of air transport management services over the capital’s skies was inaugurated at the IGI Airport.
- Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh Puri inaugurated the Delhi Air Traffic Service Complex, which is the tallest Air Traffic Control tower in India with a height of 102 metres.
- The Airports Authority of India said that the new complex comprises of three buildings – the Aerodrome Control Tower, Area & Approach Control Services Building and the Administrative Block – constructed at the cost of approximately ₹250 crore while the equipment cost ₹100 crore.
- The commissioning of the new tower is expected to enhance the efficiency of air traffic management services at the IGIA which is the busiest airport in India.
1st ASEAN-U.S. Maritime Exercise underway in Thailand
- The first ever naval exercises between the United States and member states of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) have begun in the waters of eastern Thailand.
- The ASEAN-US Maritime Exercise (AUMX) includes 8 warships and 4 aircraft from 7 countries, and more than 1,000 personnel from all 11 participants, which are Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, and the US.
- The Philippine Navy sent the Del Pilar-class patrol ship BRP Ramon Alcaraz with around 200 navy sailors and marines led by Captain Hilarion Cesista.
- The US contingent includes the littoral combat ship USS Montgomery, the guided-missile destroyer USS Wayne E. Meyer, 3 MH-60 helicopters, and a P-8 Poseidon aircraft.
- The drills kicked off on September 2, at the Sattahip Naval Base in Thailand, and will run until Friday, September 6.
Home Minister arrives in South Korea in the second leg of his two-nation tour
- In the second leg of his two-nation tour to Japan and South Korea, Home minister Shri Rajnath Singh arrived in Seoul from Tokyo.
- He met Prime Minister of the Republic of Korea (RoK), Mr. Lee Nak-Yon and had a comprehensive interaction over a wide range of issues pertaining to bilateral ties between India and Republic of Korea.
- India and RoK are natural partners with many complementarities, while stressing that RoK’s ‘New Southern Policy’ and India’s ‘Act East Policy’ will provide a strong framework for future engagement and consolidation of Special Strategic Partnership between the two countries.
- Quoting Gurudev Rabindra Nath Tagore who had once expressed that Korea was the ‘Light of East’, Shri Rajnath Singh confirmed RoK continues to remain the ‘Light of East’.
- During his 3-day visit to RoK, Home minister will have a dialogue with Jeong Kyeong – Doo, the Minister of National Defence, among other engagements.
RANKING & INDEX
Vienna holds off Melbourne to top EIU ranking of most liveable cities
- Vienna, the capital of Austria remains on the top of the most liveable cities among the 140 cities around the world, according to the annual Global Liveability Index researched by The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- Damascus in war-torn Syria remained the worst-ranked city, below Lagos in Nigeria and the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka, which swapped places.
- In India, New Delhi and Mumbai rank 118th and 119th out of 140 cities according to the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Liveability Index 2019 released.
- The survey ranks countries across indicators including stability, healthcare, education, infrastructure, culture and environment.
- The top 10 most liveable cities in the world, and their scores according to The Global Liveability Index 2019, are:
- Vienna, Austria (99.1)
- Melbourne, Australia (98.4)
- Sydney, Australia (98.1)
- Osaka, Japan (97.7)
- Calgary, Canada (97.5)
- Vancouver, Canada (97.3)
- Tokyo, Japan (97.2 tie)
- Toronto, Canada (97.2 tie)
- Copenhagen, Denmark (96.8)
- Adelaide, Australia (96.6)
BANKING & FINANCE
Wipro Limited inks 7 year $300 mn deal with ICICI Bank
- Wipro Limited, a leading information technology, consulting and business process services company, has secured a strategic seven-year engagement, valued at $300 million, from ICICI Bank, a leading Indian private sector bank, to provide a comprehensive suite of services.
- Wipro provides innovative solutions to banks by leveraging Wipro HOLMES, the Company’s Artificial Intelligence platform.
- This engagement will further strengthen our endeavour to provide differentiated technology and digital capabilities to the financial services industry.
- Currently, Vara lnfotech provides these services to ICICI Bank.
- As a part of this strategic engagement, Wipro will absorb about 3,800 employees of Vara Infotech along with its existing contracts, facilities and assets, on a going concern basis, through a business transfer agreement for an all cash consideration of INR 321 Crores and will provide these services to ICICI Bank from September 2019.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
CRISIL cuts GDP growth to 6.3% in fiscal 2020
- Ratings agency CRISIL revised downwards its India GDP growth forecast for fiscal 2020 to 6.3 per cent from an earlier estimated rate of 6.9 per cent.
- Just a week back, a plunge in domestic private consumption demand, slump in manufacturing, halving of merchandise exports growth, and a high-base effect from last year gnawed away at first-quarter growth which came in at 5 per cent.
- Fiscal 2020’s first quarter GDP growth estimate at 5 per cent was the slowest in 25 quarters.
- According to the agency, the 6.3 per cent GDP growth rate is under the assumption that the second quarter will see some mild pick-up in growth, which continues through the year.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Jaideep Sarkar concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Lesotho
- Shri Jaideep Sarkar an IFS officer 1987 batch, presently High Commissioner of India to the Republic of South Africa, has been concurrently accredited as the next High Commissioner of India to the Kingdom of Lesotho, with residence in Pretoria.
- Before taking over as Ambassador of India to Bhutan, Sarkar was India’s Ambassador to Israel from October 2012 to January 2016.
- Sarkar also worked in the Ministry of Finance from 1992-1996 dealing with economic relations with European Union member countries.
- Kingdom of Lesotho Capital: Maseru
- Kingdom of Lesotho Currency: South African rand, Lesotho loti
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Bangladesh: Prof Muhammad Yunus conferred ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ award by Vatican
- Nobel Laureate from Bangladesh Professor Muhammad Yunus was conferred the ‘Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ‘ award by the Vatican for his contribution towards establishing peace and harmony.
- The award is recognition for distinguished work by an individual for promoting peace and dialogue among people.
- The ceremony took place at the historical Papal Basilica of Assisi in Italy.
- The Lamp of Peace award was first given to the Polish trade union leader Lech Walesa in 1981.
- Dalai Lama, Mikhail Gorbachev and Angela Merkel are a few other prominent persons who received this award earlier.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
2nd Volume of ‘Loktantra Ke Swar’ and ‘The Republican Ethic’ – Compilation of Selected Speeches of President of India – to be released by Vice President
- In order to promote and disseminate selected speeches of President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind, Publications Division under Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has published ‘Loktantra Ke Swar (Khand 2)’ and ‘The Republican Ethic (Volume 2)’.
- They are a compilation of 95 speeches delivered by the President during his second year in office (July 2018 to July 2019).
- The speeches have been divided into 8 categories: ‘Addressing the Nation’, ‘Windows to the World’, ‘Educating India: Equipping India’, ‘Dharma of Public Service’, ‘Honouring our Sentinels’, ‘Spirit of the Constitution and Law’, ‘Acknowledging Excellence’ and ‘Mahatma Gandhi: Moral Exemplar, Guiding Light.’
- The books will be released by Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu on 6th September at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi.
Qatar unveils 2022 FIFA World Cup logo round the globe
- Qatar unveiled the logo for the FIFA 2022 World Cup which will be hosted by the Gulf emirate, displaying it in public spaces in Doha and cities around the world.
- The design is a stylised Arabic white unisex shawl with maroon patterning, which is displayed in a figure-of-eight symbolising infinity while creating a heart shape above the words “FIFA WORLD CUP Qatar 2022”.
- It was projected onto the vast facade of the country’s National Archives in the capital’s southern Msheireb district to fanfare that included a procession of soldiers on horseback watched by a crowd of hundreds.
- The 2022 event will be held in November and December to avoid the scorching Gulf summer.
- FIFA Chief: Gianni Infantino
All-powerful Misbah-ul-Haq named Pakistan coach and chief selector
- Misbah-ul-Haq has been handed unprecedented influence over Pakistan cricket, with the PCB confirming his appointment as coach of the national side, as well as – uniquely – chief selector.
- Pakistan’s most successful Test captain will also be reunited with Waqar Younis, who has been named bowling coach.
- Waqar was head coach twice during Misbah’s near-seven-year tenure as captain, the pair working well together in registering some of Pakistan’s finest successes in the period. Both have been given three-year contracts.
- Both the national team appointments were approved by the PCB Chairman Mr Ehsan Mani.
- Misbah and Waqar have previously worked as a pair from May 2014 to April 2016 with the former as captain and the latter as head coach.
International Day of Charity: September 05th
- The International Day of Charity is observed annually on 5 September. It was declared by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012.
- The prime purpose of the International Day of Charity is to raise awareness and provide a common platform for charity related activities all over the world for individuals, charitable, philanthropic and volunteer organizations for their own purposes on the local, national, regional and international level.
- The International Day of Charity was conceived as a Hungarian civil society initiative supported by the Hungarian Parliament and Government in 2011, to enhance visibility, organize special events, and in this way to increase solidarity, social responsibility and public support for charity, running in the streets for money.
- September 5 was chosen in order to commemorate the anniversary of the passing away of Mother Teresa of Calcutta, who received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 “for work undertaken in the struggle to overcome poverty and distress, which also constitute a threat to peace.”
National Teacher’s Day: September 05th
- Teacher’s Day is observed annually on September 5 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
- Dr. Radhakrishnan, born on September 5, 1888, was India’s first Vice President and second President.
- Teacher’s Day 2019 will commemorate Dr. Radhakrishnan’s 131st birth anniversary.
- Teachers’ Day was first celebrated in 1962, the year he became the second President of India.
- Since then, the day has been celebrated every year. Dr. Radhakrishnan highly believed that teachers should be the best minds in the country.
Get 20 IBPS PO Prelims 2019 – ONLINE MOCK TEST SERIES – Full Length from Bankersdaily @ an offer price of Rs.59/-.
Race Institute" width="300" height="300" srcset="http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-300x300.jpg 300w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-768x768.jpg 768w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-1100x1100.jpg 1100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-530x530.jpg 530w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1-100x100.jpg 100w, http://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/bankersdaily/wp-content/uploads/20190905210646/Pack-1.jpg 1200w" sizes="(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px" />
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of August- 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL