EK BHARAT-SHRESHTHA BHARAT YOJANA for IBPS Mains Exam 2017
RECENT UPDATES ABOUT EK BHARAT-SHRESHTHA BHARAT YOJANA
Madhya Pradesh has partnered with Nagaland and Manipur under Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Yojana to strengthen cultural relations between them.
The objectives of the scheme are:
- To celebrate the Unity in Diversity culture of India
- To promote the spirit of national integration
- To showcase the rich heritage and culture
- To establish long-term engagements.
About the scheme Ek Bharat-Shreshtha Bharat Yojana:
- It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Ekta Diwas (October 31, 2015) on birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
- Its objective is to strengthen cultural relations of various parts of country and to embolden mutual connection between people dwelling in different states
- It also aims to celebrate the unity in diversity culture of India and to bolster sentimental bonds between people of different states
- It aims to strengthen sentiments for national unity between the citizens of various states and the states governed by the union government by conducting various activities throughout the year under this campaign
Recently held events related to Yojana:
- The government of Madhya Pradesh has made its Higher Education Department as nodal department to execute the scheme.
- MP will participate in Sangai Mahotsav, which is being organized in Manipur. Likewise, teams from Nagaland and Manipur will take part in Lok Rang and Bal Rang programmes of MP to present their cultural programmes
- An 8-member team from Madhya Pradesh toured Manipur and Nagaland in this regard
- The translation work of Nagaland books has also been started in Madhya Pradesh with an aim to introduce people of the state with their activities and cultural heritage
- One team of Nagaland and Manipur will participate in the march past on Republic Day on January 26 and Independence Day on August 15