IBPS PO 2018 : CHANGES IN EXAM PATTERN & CUTOFF MARKS
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has now divulged the details regarding the IBPS PO 2018 (CRP VIII). The total number of vacancies available for the IBPS PO 2018 recruitment notification is 4102 which also includes the vacancies for the PWD too.
When comparing with the previous year IBPS PO 2018 , this year the total number of vacancies have been increased for this year IBPS PO 2018. The number of vacancies for IBPS PO 2017 was 3562 and this year the vacancies have increased 13% when compared to the previous year.
Also the number of Vacancies mentioned in the recently released IBPS PO 2018 is indicative and there might be changes in the vacancies according to the needs of the banks. The banks which have announced vacancies this year are Allahabad bank, Bank of India, Canara Bank, Corporation Bank, UCO Bank & Union Bank of India. The other banks have NIL Vacancies according to the notification released by IBPS.
This Year in the Prelims Exam of IBPS PO 2018 will have Sectional timing which is same as that of the SBI PO 2018 & SBI CLERK Prelims Exam 2018. Last year it was 60 minutes composite time and this time it was entirely different and there will be 20 minutes sectional timing for each section.
EXAM PATTERN – PRELIMS – IBPS PO 2018
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||English Language||30||30||English||20 minutes|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||English and Hindi||20 minutes|
- Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
- Sectional Timing : Yes
- Sectional Cutoff Marks : Yes
- Overall Cutoff marks : Yes
EXAM PATTERN – MAINS – IBPS PO 2018
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (NOT BY SEQUENCE)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||60 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||English & Hindi||35 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|5||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||30 minutes|
- This section has the mighty difference when compared to the previous year. Descriptive Writing section has been included this year and the Exam patter of IBPS PO Mains 2018 follows the same exam pattern as that of the SBI PO 2018 Mains.
- There will be overall cutoff marks & sectional cutoff marks for the IBPS PO Mains Exam 2018 as like that of the IBPS PO Preliminary Exam 2018.
NEGATIVE MARKS – IBPS PO 2018
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Online Preliminary and Online Main examination). There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests.
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Scores – PRELIMS & MAINS – IBPS PO 2018
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to two decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculations.
CUTOFF MARKS – IBPS PO 2018
- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main examination and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview.
- Depending on the number of vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
- Prior to the completion of the interview process, scores obtained in the online Main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for interview.
Aspirants can check the Official notification of the IBPS PO 2018 now from the official website of IBPS or from the below given link.
Aspirants can check the IBPS RRB 2018 – PO & CLERK Questions from the link that is provided below.
Get IBPS RRB Scale I Officer , IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2018 Prelims -Full Length Mock Test Series now @ Bankersdaily.
Attend GEEK TEST – SOLVE 10 Daily and enhance your preparation to the next level. Attend the Daily Tests with the Timer and improve your solving ability.