India Post GDS Post Master Recruitment 2019 – Apply Now
India Post GDS Post Master Recruitment 2019 – Apply Now
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
India Post, invites applications from eligible and Interested Indian Citizens for the selection and engagement to the following posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
A total of 8834 Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) & Dak Sevak Vacancies have been released to be filled in Tamil Nadu and Odisha circles.
India Post GDS Postmaster 2019 – Important Dates:
- Apply Online for India Post GDS Recruitment from 15.03.2019
- Last date to apply Online: 15.04.2019
India Post GDS Postmaster 2019 – Post & Vacancy Details:
- Name of the Posts: Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) & Dak Sevak
- Job Location: Tamil Nadu / Odisha
- Total No of Vacancies: 8834 (Tamil Nadu – 4442, Odisha – 4392)
Community wise Vacancies:
Time Related Continuity Allowance(TRCA)
The following Minimum TRCA shall be payable to the categories of GDS as mentioned in Directorate Order No.17-31/2016-GDS dated 25.06.2018.
|Sl. No.||Category||Minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in TRCA Slab||Minimum TRCA for 5 hours/Level 2 in TRCA slab|
India Post GDS Postmaster 2019 – Eligibility Criteria:
The minimum and maximum of age for the purpose of engagement to GDS posts shall be 18 and 40 years respectively as on 15.03.2019
Permissible relaxation in Upper age limit for different categories are as under:-
|Sl. No.||Category||Permissible Age relaxation|
|1.||Schedule Cast/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|3.||Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)||No relaxation*|
|4.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years*|
|5.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC||13 years*|
|6.||Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ST||15 years*|
There will be no relaxation in upper age limit to EWS candidates. However, the persons belonging to EWSs who are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs and OBCs shall get 10% reservation in engagement to the Gramin Dak Sevak posts in the Department of Posts as per Directorate instructions circulated vide no. 17-09/2019-GDS dated 26.02.2019.
Candidates who have passed Secondary School Examination (10th standard / SSLC) & should have passed Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) in any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
Compulsory knowledge of Local Language
The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State.
Basic Computer Training
The candidates for all approved categories will be required to furnish Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of at least 60 days duration from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government / State Government / Universities / Boards / Private Organizations. This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or class XII or any other higher educational level and in such cases, a separate certificate will not be insisted upon.
Knowledge of Cycling
Knowledge of Cycling is a pre-requisite condition for all GDS posts. In case of a candidate having knowledge of riding a scooter or motor cycle, that may be considered as knowledge of cycling. The candidate must submit a declaration to this effect.
Furnishing of Security
On engagement as GDS, the person so engaged shall be required to furnish security in such manner as may be prescribed from time to time. The existing security amount in case of GDS Branch Postmaster and other approved categories of GDS is ABPM & Dak Sevak is Rs.25000/- & Rs. 10,000 respectively.
India Post GDS Postmaster 2019 – Examination Fee:
Applicant belonging to the category UR/OBC/EWS Male have to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred only) for each set of five options.
Payment of fee is exempted for all female candidates, all SC/ST candidates and all PwD candidates.
Note: A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per cycle of online engagement.
India Post GDS Postmaster 2019 – Selection Criteria
Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list based on the Percentage scored in SSLC / 10th Standard (to the accuracy of 4 decimals)
1) Candidates having both marks and grades in the marks list have to apply with marks only. In case any candidate applies with grades only his application liable for disqualification. In case of the marks lists containing the Grades/ Points, marks will be reckoned by taking conversion of Grades and points with the multiplication factor (9.5) against the maximum points or grade as 100.
2) In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB (higher age as merit), ST female, SC female, OBC female, EWS female, UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC male, EWS male, UR male.
3) A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts as per cycle of online engagement.
4) If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one post, the post in the order of preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited. Similarly, in case of candidate has applied for more than one circle only one post will be offered per circle.
5) Applicants submitted applications without complete data will also be rejected from consideration.
India Post GDS Postmaster 2019 – How to apply?
A candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself/herself in the portal through https://indiapost.gov.in or http://appost.in/gdsonline with effect from 15.03.2019 to 15.04.2019.
India Post GDS Postmaster 2019 – Direct Links:
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL