RPF Recruitment 2018 : Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Dear Banersdaily Aspirants,
Indian Railways has released the RPF Recruitment notification 2018 in the previous week and this notification has the largest number of vacancies after the RRB ALP and Group “D” Exams. So this RPF exam is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who wish to accomplish the dreams of becoming a government official. The total number of vacancies available in the freshly released RPF recruitment 2018 is 9739.
The available posts in the recently released RPF recruitment are Sub-Inspectors in Level 6 in Railway Protection Force and Railway Protection Special Force and also Constable in Level 3 in Railway Protection Force and Railway Protection Special Force.
The eligibility criteria and also the exam patterns have slight variations for both the exams. So a clear cut explanation about the Exam pattern is needed to be on the safer side and also to prepare for the exam in a better and efficient manner.
We have already posted the RPF Recruitment 2018 notification in our Bankersdaily site and you can check the same post from the link that is provided below.
EXAM PATTERN – RPF Recruitment 2018
The Exam pattern for the post of Constables in the RPF recruitment 2018 is different from that of the Sub Inspector and there is a slight difference or variation in it.
For Sub- Inspector :
Phase I – Computer Based Test – Graduate Level
Phase II – Physical Efficiency Test / Physical Measurement
Phase III – Document verification
For Constables :
Phase I – Computer Based Test – 10th / Matriculation Level
Phase II – Physical Efficiency Test / Physical Measurement Test
Phase III – Document Verification
Important points regarding the Computer Based Test :
- Total Duration of the Exam is 90 minutes (1 Hour 30 minutes) and is the same for both the posts.
- Total number of Questions for both the exams is 120 Questions.
- Candidates shall have following language options for Computer Based Test (CBT) out of which they shall have opt for any language such as Hindi , English, Urudu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Odia, Assamese, Manipuri and Punjabi.
- There will be 1/3 marks of deduction for the wrong answers.
- The candidates have to obtain 35% marks to qualify in the Computer Based Test and this will be 30% marks for SC and ST candidates.
Important Points on Physical Efficiency Test / Physical Measurement Test :
- Based on the merit of the candidates in the CBT, candidates will be called for PET and PMT to the extent of 10 times the category wise total vacancy in Group of Zonal Railways/RPSF.
- Passing Physical Efficiency Test is mandatory and is also qualifying in nature.
- No marks for this section will be awarded.
- For 1600/800 meters event only one chance will be given. For the remaining events viz Long Jump and High jump, the candidates will be given up to 2 chances
- Ex-servicemen shall be exempted from PET, However, they will have to undergo PMT.
- A Candidate must qualify in all Tests as per the norms to be eligible for the selection.
- All the candidates qualifying in 1600 mtrs/800 mtrs will be measured for eligibility with respect to height and chest. Chest measurement will be taken only for male candidates. If a male candidate’s unexpanded chest measurement is below eligibility limit, expanded measurement shall not be taken and he shall be treated as disqualified.
- Male candidates who do not have minimum height shall not be considered for measurement of chest and shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidate who do not have minimum height, chest (unexpanded/expanded) shall be treated as having failed in
- PET/PMT is qualifying in nature. No marks are to be awarded.
- A grievance redressal cell will be set up for redressal of grievances related to Height and Chest.
PET for Sub-Inspectors :
|1600 meters run||800 meters Run||Long jump||
Sub-Inspector ( Exe) Male
|6 min 30 secs||–||12 ft||
3 ft 9 inch
Sub-Inspector ( Exe)Female
|—-||4 mins||9 ft||
PET for COSNTABLES :
|1600 meters run||800 meters run||Long jump||High jump|
|5 min 45 secs||–||14 feet||
|Constable )Female)||—-||3 min 40 secs||9 feet||
Important Points to remember for Document Verification :
- Based on the performance of candidates in the CBT and subject to their qualifying in PET & PMT, candidates will be called for Document Verification.
- In cases of two or more candidates securing same marks, their merit position shall be determined by age criteria i.e. older person shall be given higher
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to their passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and category certificates, verification of character and antecedents of the candidates from the local Administration and successful completion of initial
- Candidates may please note that CRC only recommends names of the empanelled candidates and appointment is offered ONLY by the respective Railway
- Candidates who do not appear for Document Verification will not be considered in the final selection, irrespective of their performance in written examination and PET/PMT.
SYLLABUS for CBT – RPF RECRUITMENT 2018 – Sub – Inspectors & Constables
General Awareness (50 marks)
Questions will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society; to test knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observations and experiences as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to Indian History, Art & Culture, Geography, Economics, General Polity, Indian Constitution, Sports, General Science
Arithmetic (35 marks)
Questions on Number systems, whole numbers, decimal and fractions and relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentages, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of table and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and proportion
General Intelligence & reasoning (35 marks)
Questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning
Aspirants can check the RPF Recruitment notification 2018 for the post of Sub Inspector and Constable from the link given below.
Alternately , Aspirants can check the official notification of the RPF 2018 recruitment from the link given below.
Aspirants can apply for the posts of SUB INSPECTOR & CONSTABLE available in the RPF Recruitment 2018 from the link that is provided below.