SSC MTS 2019 – Normalization – Detailed Explanation
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) has released the recruitment notification for the post of MTS (Multitasking Staff) and the one thing which is extremely same as that of the Bank Exam is NORMALIZATION of the marks taken in the Online Examination.
Since many batches were involved in the SSC Exams as the whole exams were turning into online examinations, Normalization has become an important factor in the Recruitment.
The number of aspirants who are appearing for the Various banking & SSC Exam is in the deep rise and the recruiting organizations have been making various measures to make openness in the Recruitments and this Normalization process had been in use, as the Exams have been in use for multiple batches.
The Online Examination of the SSC MTS 2019 – have multiple level of difficulty for the multiple batches. So Normalization will save the process as multiple difficulty level batches will be converted to a single cutoff marks using the formula.
SSC Normalization for SSC MTS 2019 – Explained
Watch the Video to have a Complete View of SSC Normalization method
SSC MTS 2019 – Normalization related Details
The SSC MTS Recruitment Selection will be made based on a Written Examination followed by Descriptive Writing.
- SSC MTS Paper 1 (Online Exam) Marks will be NORMALIZED using the formula which was explained on the above Video.
- Normalized Score will be used to determine the FINAL MERIT & CUT-OFF MARKS.
- SSC MTS – Paper 2 (Descriptive) is going to act as Qualifying Nature and is intended to test elementary language skills in view of categorization of the post as Group-C and in view of job requirements. Qualifying marks in Paper-II will be 40% for unreserved category and 35% for all reserved category candidates.
- If the Normalized score is equal for more than one candidate, the Marks scored in Paper-2 will be considered to decide Merit List.
- Final selection and allocation of States/ UTs will be made on the basis of performance of the candidates in Paper-I, the preference of States/ UTs given by them in the online Application Form and the age-group of the candidates.
- Normalized scores of the candidates in Paper-I will be used to determine merit and the candidates will only be considered against the vacancies of States/ UTs for which they have given their preference in the online Application Form.
It means that, Paper-1 Plays a major role in SSC MTS Examination but still paper-2 will be the qualifying nature and that could be used to determine the MERIT LIST if more than one candidates’ Normalization score (Paper-1) are equal.
SSC Normalization – Formula – Official Update
The Staff Selection Commission has already decided to normalize the scores of candidates for the examinations which are conducted in multi-shifts to take into account any variation in the difficulty levels of the question papers across different shifts.
The normalization is done based on the fundamental assumption that “in all multi-shift examinations, the distribution of abilities of candidates is the same across all the shifts”. This assumption is justified since the number of candidates appearing in multiple shifts in the examinations conducted by the Commission is large and the procedure for allocation of examination shift to candidates is random.
The following formula will be used by the Commission to calculate final score of candidates in the multi-shift examinations.
= Normalized marks of jth candidate in the ith shift.
= is the average marks of the top 0.1% of the candidates considering all shifts (number of candidates will be rounded-up).
= is the sum of mean and standard deviation marks of the candidates in the examination considering all shifts.
= is the average marks of the top 0.1% of the candidates in the ith shift (number of candidates will be rounded-up).
= is the sum of mean marks and standard deviation of the ith shift.
Aspirants can BUY the LIC AAO 2019 – Online Prelims Exam Package from our Bankersdaily Store which is provided in the link.
If you have any doubts regarding the CWC – Junior Superintendent – Online Prelims Exam Test Series 2019 , kindly contact us @ store[at]therace.in
This Package includes:
- 100+ Hours of LIVE Video Lessons
- 17+ Live Doubt Clarification Sessions
- 100+ PDF’s for this Course
- 20 FULL-Length Online Mock Test (Phase I of RRB NTPC)
- 10 Previous Year Question Paper
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL