CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: JULY 15 – JULY 21, 2018
CURRENT AFFAIRS WEEKLY ONE LINERS: JULY 15 – JULY 21, 2018
Dear BankersDaily Aspirants,
Hope all of you have completed the RRB clerk prelims and RRB po prelims exams, some of you are waiting for the RRB po prelims examination.Its the perfect time for your mains preparation.Start to learn Current Affairs section and score good marks in the upcoming examinations.
Here aspirants are provided with July 15-21 Weekly oneliners.Collect the points in cripy manner and gather all the important current affairs in the first week of june.You can also download this as a pdf in the link provided below.
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has dedicated the Bansagar Canal Project to the Nation in Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh.This project will provide a big boost to irrigation in the region, and will be greatly beneficial for the farmers of Mirzapur and Allahabad districts of Uttar Pradesh.
- Union minister for electronics and IT and law and justice Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled the Goa IT Policy 2018 at the Inox complex in Panaji on the final day of Goa IT Day celebrations.The Information Technology policy 2018 focuses on reverse migration and creation of around 10,000 jobs in the next five years.
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for the 340-km six-lane project Purvanchal highway. The highway is expandable to eight lanes and it will be built at the cost of Rs 23,000 crore.
- Haryana has topped other states in per capita revenue collection under GST, and is also the fourth highest generator of e-way bills in the country.
- ISRO has successfully conducted a ground test of its high thrust version of the Vikas Engine that would improve the payload capability of the space agency’s launch vehicles.
- India has signed a revised travel agreement with Bangladesh, easing visa restrictions for citizens of Bangladesh.The agreement was signed between the two countries in Dhaka in presence of Bangladesh’s Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan and union Home Minister Rajnath Singh who is the neighbouring country on a three-day visit.
- The Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and his Bangladeshi counterpart Asaduzzaman Khan Kama has inaugurated the world’s largest integrated Indian Visa Application Center at Jamuna Future Park in Dhaka.
- The United Nations General Assembly has elected Iceland to serve on the Geneva-based global rights body effective immediately, through to the end of next year.
- The Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has launched the ‘Paudhagiri’ campaign, aimed at increasing the green cover in the state.
- India’s indigenously developed surface-to-surface supersonic cruise missile BrahMos was successfully test-fired from the Chandipur Test Range off the Odisha coast.
- The Haryana Education Department has launched ”I am not afraid of English’‘ initiative to promote English language right from Class 1 in the state’s primary schools.
- Bihar will provide the cheapest drinking water in the world. The total cost of installing this project would cost around Rs 20 lakhs.
- The Central government is planning to set up one National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) in every State to meet the rising demand for skilled manpower in the country.
- The government has decided to form a committee under former education secretary Anil Swarup. It has been framed to address issues such as “manpower deficiency” in the NCC and NSS.
- Bollywood actors Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan are among the world’s 100 highest-paid entertainers, according to Forbes list.
- The Rajasthan government has approved a proposal to give bank guarantee for taking Rs 5,000 crore loan from National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) for funding the state government’s crop loan waiver scheme.
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has confirmed that Indian Athlete Hima Das will be named as the first sports ambassador of the state.
- The city of Udaipur has once again in 2018 been ranked among the World’s Best Cities by Travel + Leisure. Udaipur, the heritage-city built by the Maharanas of Mewar in the 16th century, is on the third place among the 15 of the world’s best cities.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is participating in the multinational “Pitch Black” warfare exercise in Australia. The IAF contingent is led by Group Captain CUV Rao.
- The External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj hosted the 10th edition of the Delhi Dialogue (DD X) in the national capital, New Delhi. The theme of this year’s DD X is“Strengthening India-ASEAN Maritime Cooperation.”
- The Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh has launched an online portal and mobile app called ‘Aabhaar-Aapki seva ka’ by the online pension management system for the pensioners of the state.
- The Parliament has approved the bill to merge six subsidiary banks with the State Bank of India (SBI) with the Rajya Sabha clearing the State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017.
- The Western Railway renamed Elphinstone Road suburban railway station in Mumbai, Maharashtra to Prabhadevi Station.
- The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) amongst BRICS nations on Regional Aviation Partnership.
- The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has organised the ‘Ganga Vriksharopan Abhiyan’ in five main Ganga basin states – Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
- The government is planning to build 1,911 kilometres of international connectivity roads over the five year period ending 2022 under its flagship Bharatmala scheme.
- The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu has launched a e-Pragati project, a digital platform for governance in the state.
- Odisha is set to have the country’s first greenfield skill training institute at Barang. The National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) would provide a variety of hybrid skill training programmes, both long and short term, along with advanced diploma programme.
- The West Bengal government has signed an agreement to implement the Centre’s health insurance scheme under the joint banner “Ayushman Bharat – Swasthya Sathi”.
- The Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, has co-chaired 8th session of India-Oman Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) along with Minister of Industry, Investment, Trade and Digital Economy of Oman, Dr. Ali bin Masoud Al Sunaidy.
- China plans to launch 300 low-orbit satellites to provide worldwide communication services. It is known as the Hongyan constellation, the first in the 300-satellite array, is set to be launched by the end of this year. The constellation will be built in three stages.
- Peru has declared a 60-day state of emergency on its border with Colombia in order to guarantee security in a region rife with drug trafficking.
- The Militaries of India and Pakistan will be part of a mega anti-terror drill in Russia in August which is being organised by the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO). The drill, “Peace Mission”, will take place nearly three months.
- The University of Houston has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) to build scientific and technical knowledge through joint research.
- According to UN bodies WHO and Unicef, The ‘BIMARU’ Indian states – Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh – have the highest numbers of partially immunized and non-immunized children.
- The UK has topped an annual global ranking of nations’ soft power, with France placed second on the list of 30 countries which does not feature India.
- The US State Department has announced that the inaugural ‘two-plus-two dialogue’ between India and the United States will be held in New Delhi.
- India and Ghana has signed two agreements in an effort to enhance the bilateral cooperation between the two countries.MOUs on Cultural Exchange Programme and on cooperation between Bureau of Indian Standards and Ghana Standards Authority were signed.
- The European Union and Japan signed a huge free trade deal on that cuts or eliminates tariffs on nearly all goods.The agreement covers 600 million people and almost a third of the global economy.
- The UN has entered into a partnership with Google to monitor the impacts of human activity on global ecosystems by using sophisticated online tools.
- The 4th Round of the India-Japan Maritime Affairs Dialogue was held in New Delhi.
- Myanmar has joined the India-initiated International Solar Alliance (ISA), becoming the 68th member of the grouping that is aiming at optimum utilisation of solar energy.
- Facebook is working on launching Athena, its own Internet satellite, early in 2019.The project is designed to “efficiently provide broadband access to unserved and underserved areas throughout the world,”.
- The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, J P Nadda addressed at the ‘8th BRICS Health Ministers’ Meeting, held at Durban, South Africa.
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- India will take over as head of the Asia Pacific region of the World Customs Organisation (WCO). An event has been organised in New Delhi to mark India’s assumption as Vice Chair for a period of two years.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India’s (LIC’s) board has approved acquiring up to 51 per cent stake in state-run IDBI Bank. It was announced by Economic Affairs Secretary Subhash Chandra Garg.
- The Flipkart-owned digital payments start-up PhonePe has bought the point-of-sale (PoS) business of Zopper, a hyperlocal mobile marketplace for small and medium-sized businesses.
- The State Bank of India and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development have joined hands to provide collateral-free credit through Joint Liability Groups in Telangana.
- According to OECD ,India’s economic growth is poised to rise to 7.4% in 2018 and 7.5% in 2019 as the economy has been able to navigate through growth obstacles due to demonetisation and impact of GST rollout.
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has projected a growth rate of 7.3% in 2018 and 7.5% in 2019 for India as against 6.7% in 2017, making it the fastest growing country among major economies.
- The Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Canara bank launched the Canara RuPay Credit Card.The new card variant is issued in association with the National Payment Corporation of India and it will provide the best features of a credit card.
- The Finance Ministry gave its nod for capital infusion of ₹11,336 crore in five weak public sector banks to help them tide over any situation of breach of regulatory capital requirements.
- Jana Small Finance Bank, former MFI – Janalakshmi Financial Services, officially launched its commercial banking operations.
- The 3rd BRICS Media Forum under the theme of “BRICS Media Cooperation – Fostering an Inclusive, Just World Order” will be held on July 18-19 in Cape Town, South Africa.
- India’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) will organise a nation-wide Kisan Mela as an outreach programme for farmers and to impart financial literacy.
- ICICI Bank has announced that RBI has approved the appointment of Girish Chandra Chaturvedi as non-executive (part time) Chairman of the bank till June 30, 2021.
- The First Lady Usha Vohra has e-inaugurated the first ‘All-Women Branch of Jammu and Kashmir Bank’ at a function organised at the Sher-i-Kashmir International Convention Centre (SKICC). It has been inaugurated as a step towards women empowerment.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will shortly issue Rs 100 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing the signature of Governor Urjit Patel. . The central bank said all the notes in the earlier Rs 100 series will continue to be legal tender.
- Jeff Bezos is the richest person in modern history.The Amazon.com Inc. founder’s net worth broke $150 billionin New York, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- According to Asian Development Bank (ADB), India will continue to be the world’s fastest growing major economy, ahead of China, with 7.3 per cent growth rate in 2018-19 and 7.6 percent in 2019-20.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
BOOKS AND AUTHORS
- J K Rowling will come out with the fourth novel ‘Lethal White’ in the series about the exploits of private investigator Cormoran Strike under her pseudonym Robert Galbraith.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
- France was crowned champion after beating Cinderella Croatia 4-2 in the final in Moscow. France have clinched their second World Cup Football title(1998). The third place was got by Belgium after defeating England.
- India’s Vinesh Phogat clinched the gold medal at the Spanish Grand Prix wrestling tournament.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has became the fourth Indian to reach the milestone of 10,000 runs in ODIs during the second match of the three-game series against England.
- Nozomi Okuhara of Japan defeated PV Sindhu in the finals to clinch Thailand Open 2018.The event was held in the Thailand Open at the Nimibutr Stadium in Bangkok.
- The Indian team bagged nine medals including four silver and five bronze in the 7th World Junior Wushu championships held in Brasilia, Brazil.
- Neeraj Chopra, India’s javelin star, struck Gold in the International de Sotteville-les-Rouen in France.
- Viresh Kunda bags bronze in Greco Roman category at the Asian Junior Wrestling C’ships in New Delhi.
- Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) President Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh was officially appointed as the Chef de Mission (CDM) of the Indian contingent for the upcoming 18th Asian Games to be held in twin cities of Jakarta and Palembang from August 19 to September 2.
- Indian wrestler Mansi Ahlawat has won the silver medal in the ongoing Junior Asian Wrestling Championship. The event was held in Junior Asian Wrestling Championship.
- The Veteran actor Rita Bhaduri has passed away.Rita has worked in over 20 TV shows, including Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, Kumkum and Amanat.
- The Noted Kannada poet and film lyricist M.N. Vyasa Rao passed away.The songs he wrote for the film — “Suryangu chandrangu bandare munisu” and “Nakondla Naku” — remain classics even today.
- Noted activist from Konkan region in Maharashtra, Rajmata Satvashila Devi Bhosle of Sawantwadi Sansthan passed away.
- The Famous Hindi poet Gopal Das Neeraj has passed away.The poet had written songs for Bollywood films. He was awarded Padma Shri in 1991 and Padma Bhushan in 2007.
Aspirants can use the link given below for downloading the Weekly One Liners pdf.
OTHER IMPORTANT LINKS