Current Affairs Weekly One Liners : November 7 – November 13
Current Affairs Weekly One Liners : November 7 – November 13
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirant,
Check the Weekly One Liners from November 7 – November 13 and you could also download the Weekly Current Affairs One Liners as PDF from the link below. There are chances that the recent events from the current affairs can be asked in the forthcoming IBPS RRB Scale I Officer and IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2017 and also for IBPS PO Mains 2017 which happens in the starting week of November.
- The World’s Highest Bridge in Jammu and Kashmir on the River Chenab was launched by Indian Railways with a height of 359 metres and it is an important link between 111 Kms between Katra and Banihal.
- Tata Steel has established India’s largest Coke Dry Quenching (CDQ) facility, capable of handling 200 metric tonnes per hour, at its state-of-the-art steel plant at Kalinganagar Industrial Complex in Jajpur district of Odisha.
- A new food Processing Policy was unveiled at the Word Food India Conference in New Delhi by the Telangana Government.
- The India Pavilion at COP 23 was inaugurated by Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Harsh Vardhan at Bonn in Germany. India’s theme for COP 23 “Conserving Now, Preserving Future”.
- The seventh Edition of the INDO-BANGLADESH joint military Training Exercise named “SAMPRITI 2017” begun in Meghalaya and will be held from 6th to 18th November 2017.
- HSBC has pledged to provide $100 billion in financing and investment by 2025 to help combat climate change.
- The 20th International Children’s Film Festival of India (ICFFI) kick started in Hyderabad with New India– as the main theme this time. Children’s Film Society, India (CFSI) and Telangana State Government are jointly organizing the biennial children’s event.
- “Nirbhay” , India’s indigeniously designed and developed long range sub sonic cruise missile was successfully test fired from ITR(Integrated Test Range) at Chandipur , Odisha Cost. It was developed by DRDO and it has an operational range of 1,000 Km and has the capacity to carry warheads up to 300Kg.
- The 9th edition of Agrovision, Central India’s biggest agriculture summit scheduled from 10-13 November at Reshimbagh Ground and it aims to train framers about new technologies, innovative ideas and to empower them and it will be inaugurated by Indian Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu
- The state govt is on the ‘No load shedding mission’ for the orange city and its rural areas. The amount of electricity supply will now increase in the city as the state has approved Rs 312 Cr under Deendayal Upadhyay Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGYJ).
- Chennai is the third Indian city on the list of UNESCO Creative Cities list after Jaipur and
- Nagaland is set to host ‘Hornbill Festival’ with a main motive to promote the ‘plastic-free’ mission all around. ‘Hornbill Festival’ will go on for 10 days from December 1 to 10 at the Naga Heritage village Kisama.
- Public sector undertaking Coal India has launched the ‘Grahak Sadak Koyla Vitaran App’ aimed at benefitting customers of the company that are being supplied coal by road.
- The Maharashtra state government decided to set up a committee “seven-member panel, headed by the Principal Secretary (Agriculture)” for the implementation of a 4,000-crore project on climate resilience agriculture in 5,000 villages of 15 districts in the state.
- The 17th Foundation day of Uttarkhand was celebrated on November 9, 2017.
- The Delhi government signed a twin city agreement with the Seoul Metropolitan Government for strengthening cooperation in the fields of e-governance, transportation, climate change and smart city.
- The Nordic-Baltic embassies will host the first ever youth film festival of the European nations in Delhi showcasing movies from the region.
- Union Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh will inaugurate the three-day Organic World Congress – 2017 being organized at India Expo Centre in Greater Noida.
- The Coastal city is all set to host the first ever agriculture hackathon being organized by Andhra Pradesh government. The three-day conclave will begin from November 15 where farmers, agriculture experts, and several stakeholders will participate in the deliberations.
- Central Government has given its principle approval for linking historical religious places of Sri Fatehgarh Sahib and Sri Chamkaur Sahib with the National Highway paving way to connect the sacred places of younger Sahibzadas – Baba Zorawar Singh and Baba Fateh Singh, and elder Sahibzadas – Baba Ajit Singh and Baba Jujhar Singh.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will attend the 15th ASEAN-India Summit and the 12th East Asia Summit to be held in Manila, Philippines on 14 November 2017, at the invitation of H.E. Mr. Rodrigo Roa Duterte, President of the Republic of the Philippines.
- US President Donald Trump’s 1st visit to China, both nations signed business contracts worth $220 billion. US Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross signed 19 agreements. This is a sign of both the nations moving towards a healthy relationship.
- India is the first country to partner with social networking site Facebook on disaster response and will be piloted in two disaster prone states Assam and Uttarakhand.
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao declared Urdu as the state’s second official language. Every office in the state will now have an Urdu speaking officer.
- Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF), India’s second oldest film festival, will screen an assemblage of 143 film spanning 53 countries under 16 different categories till Nov 17. Britain will be the focus country this year in commemoration of the UK-India Year of Culture 2017.
- The Union Home Ministry, as part of an administrative rejig, has formed two new divisions to exclusively deal with emerging security challenges such as radicalisation and cybercrime.
- Haryana government planned to promote AYUSH as well as allopathy, Unani and natural systems of medicine.
- The governments of Odisha and neighbouring West Bengal will organize a joint security exercise named as ‘Sagar Kavach‘ to further tighten the existing coastal security mechanism along the 630-km long coastline.
- The Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh chaired the second meeting of Island Development Agency (IDA). The Island Development Agency reviewed the concept development plans and detailed master plans for holistic development of 9 islands (four in A&N Islands i.e. Smith, Ross, Long, Avis) and (five in Lakshadweep i.e. Minicoy, Bangaram, Thinnakara, Cheriyam, Suheli). The project being steered by NITI Aayog aims at promoting and implementing development based on sustainable approach to building a thriving maritime economy of the project islands.
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari announced that the World Bank– supported Rs 6,000 crore scheme to improve the irrigation facilities and water accessibility capacity in several states, including Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and
- The Punjab government has said the first Military Literature Festival would be held in Chandigarh from December 7-9. Punjab’s Local Bodies and Tourism and Culture Minister, Navjot Singh Sidhu, unveiled the festival logo.
- Centre cleared the proposal for formation of the National Testing Agency (NTA), entrance examinations like JEE Main and NEET are likely to be conducted twice a year from 2019.
- Haryana has become the first state in the country to treat Hepatitis-C patients of all categories through oral medicine.
- Forests Minister Rao Narbir Singh laid the foundation stone for Butterfly Conservatory Park, which will be developed on 15 acres in Sector 52 of Gurugram and will be the biggest butterfly park in North India.
- Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah inaugurated the sixth China-India Forum meet being jointly hosted by the Government of China, Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC), China-India Friendship Association (CIFA), and Podar Enterprise.
- The New and Renewable Energy Ministry said the 5 Mw small hydropower plant in Biaras Drass of Kargil in Jammu & Kashmir has become the first project to be commissioned under the Prime Minister’s Ladakh Renewable Energy Initiative.
- India has signed a loan agreement of 119 million dollar with World Bank for the Odisha higher education programme for excellence and equity project(OHEPEE).
- India has pledged an additional USD 100 million towards the UN partnership fund, which significantly increases its support to sustainable development projects across the developing world. This contribution would be in addition to the USD 10.582 million India is contributing for various other UN programmes.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj held a meeting with Guinea’s Foreign Minister, Mamady Toure, during which the latter handed over his country’s instrument accession to the India-initiated International Solar Alliance (ISA).
- Digital payment platform Paytm introduced payments using BHIM UPI on its platform, using which users can create their own Paytm BHIM UPI ID on the app, which will be issued by Paytm Payments Bank.
- HDFC Bank Ltd has made online transactions through RTGS and NEFT free of cost from 1 November, with an aim to promote a digital economy, but various charges for cheque-related transactions as well as request for additional leaves will get costly from early next month for non-managed savings and salary accounts.
- United States President Donald Trump landed in China, both countries signed deals worth USD nine billion a total of 19 deals were sealed during the meet.
- The 5th Meeting of Nepal-India Oversight Mechanism, co-chaired by Foreign Secretary Shanker Das Bairagi and Ambassador of India to Nepal Mr. Manjeev Singh Puri, was held in Kathmandu.
- Union Minister of State (IC) for Power and New & Renewable Energy, Shri Raj Kumar Singh led the Indian delegation in the International Energy Agency (IEA) Ministerial, being held in Paris and India signed a joint work programme with IEA and other key members of IEA (Brazil, Chile, India, Indonesia & Thailand).
- A Multi-Agency Group (MAG) will investigate the Paradise Papers on offshore financial holdings, including a list 714 Indian individuals and entities. The government also said that it had so far zeroed in on 147 actionable cases and 279 non-actionable cases relating to the earlier published Panama Papers.
- India was re-elected as the member of the UNESCO’s executive board, its top decision- making body. The election was held at the 39th session of the General Conference of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation in Paris.
- The US has announced a grant of nearly USD 500,000 for organisations which can come up with ideas and projects to promote religious freedom in India and Sri Lanka.
- Hong Kong remains the world’s most visited city by international travellers in spite of strained relations with neighbouring China.
- ‘EX BLUE FLAG-17’ kicked off along with air forces from nine countries – the largest aerial exercise ever held by the Israel Defence Forces. For the first time, the Indian Air Force or IAF is participating in Blue Flag 2017. A 45-member contingent of the Indian Air Force touched down Uvda Air Force Base in southern Israel for exercise ‘Blue Flag-17’.
- India will hold Dubai’s first-ever AYUSH conference to spread awareness about the prevention and management of lifestyle diseases through Yoga and Ayurveda. ‘International AYUSH Conference and Exhibition 2017’ with the theme of ‘Lifestyle diseases: Prevention and management through AYUSH’ will be organised from November 9-11 by Science India Forum, a voluntary group for propagation of science among masses, with the support of Ministry of AYUSH.
- Adani Power said its arm Adani Power (Jharkhand) has inked long-term pact with Bangladesh Power Development Board to supply electricity from its upcoming 1,600 MW plant at Godda in Jharkhand.
BANKING & BUSINESS
- Linkage of “Aadhaar” with Insurance Policies as mandatory and the insurers ahs to comply with statuory norms and mandatory under the “Prevention of Money-Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Second Amendments Rules, 2017”.
- India has slipped to the 7th position this quarter in business optimism ranking in Grant Thornton’s International Business Report (IBR) survey and Indonesia topped the list. Last quarter, India was ranked second in the survey.
- Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX), the world’s first diamond derivatives exchange, said it has successfully completed first-ever diamond futures contracts settlement with the total traded quantity in November expiry for 5,382.08 carats valued at Rs 32 crore.
- Bank of China formally launched its operations in Pakistan, with its first branch inaugurated in The bank would strengthen the “brotherly relations” between the two countries in the financial sector.
- Emirates NBD, the UAE’s second-largest lender, has started operations in India with an aim to invest USD 100 million capital into its Indian operations.
- On the first anniversary of demonetisation, IDFC Bank has entered a “strategic alliance” with mobile wallet major MobiKwik to launch a co-branded virtual Visa prepaid card for customers of MobiKwik.
- The tax rates on over 200 items, ranging from chewing gum to chocolates, to beauty products, wigs and wrist watches, were on cut to provide relief to consumers and businesses amid economic slowdown.
- Federal Bank has obtained RBI approval to open representative offices at Kuwait and Singapore.
- According to SEBI order, Rupani’s alleged manipulative transactions took place between January-June 2011. His Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) has been asked to pay a fine of Rs 15 lakh.
- The government has raised the maximum amount that a Central government employee can borrow from the government for house-building to 25 lakh from the earlier Rs.7.5 lakh.
- Private sector life insurer PNB MetLife has inked a corporate agency tie-up with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait (BBK) to sell retail and group insurance products of the company to the foreign bank’s customers in India.
Previously held by
|1.||Hasmukh Adhia||Finance Secretary of India||Ashok Lavasa|
|2.||RK Kulshrestha||General Manager, Southern Railway||–|
|3.||“Madhu Azad”||First woman Mayor of Millennium City||–|
|4.||Binoy Kumar||Special Secretary in Commerce Ministry||–|
|5.||Priti Patel||Britain’s international development secretary||*Quit the post because of breaching the ministerial rules by holding unauthorized meetings with Israeli Officials|
|6.||Sanjeev Kaushik||Whole Time Member of Market Regulator “SEBI”||–|
|7.||Ravinder Bhalla||1st ever Sikh Mayor of New Jersey’s Hokoben City||–|
|8.||Chandika Hathurusingha||Head Coach of Bangladesh National Cricket Team||*Resigned from the post|
|9.||Seven-member committee headed by environment secretary CK Mishra||Committee to formulate short and long-term measures to solve the problem of air pollution in the Delhi-NCR region.||–|
|10.||Borut Pahor||Slovenian President – 2nd Time||–|
|11.||Debjani Ghosh||President – NASSCOM
“She will become the 1st Women President of Nasscom”
|12.||Ravi Bangar||Ambassador of India to Ecuador||–|
|13.||Former Captain Bhaskar Ganguly||Ombudsman of All India Football Federation (AIFF).||–|
|1.||Vishnudas Bhave award||Mohan Joshi – “Renowned Indian film and television actor”||Contribution to the theater|
|2.||21st Asia Insurance Industry Awards in the “General Insurance Company of the Year”||Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company||–|
|3.||Best Short Film Award at the South Asian Film Festival of Montreal (SAFFM)||Indian short film ‘The School Bag’||–|
|4.||‘Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2017’||Ms. Maya Swaminathan Sinha||–|
|5.||Israel’s 2018 Genesis Prize” Jewish Nobel Prize”||Natalie Portman||Recognition of her commitment to social causes and deep connection to her Jewish and Israeli roots|
|6.||Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement||Girija Devi – “Classical Singer”||–|
- The Indian squad won a total of six gold, seven silvers and seven bronze medals and topped the medal tally in the Commonwealth Shooting Championships held at Brisbane, Australia.
- Shiv Kapur clinched his first Asian Tour title in India, bagging the Panasonic Open held at Delhi Golf Club.
- India’s Achanta Sharath Kamal and G Sathiyan won a bronze medal in doubles at the prestigious 2017 Challenge Belgium Open Table Tennis tournament.
- Assam’s famous One Horned Rhino was named as “GUPPY”, a female version of the one horned rhino and unveiled as the Official Mascot of the 2017 AIBA YOUTH WOMENS WORLD BOXING CHAMPIONSHIP which happens on November 19 to November 26. The anthem named “Make some Noise” has been composed by Shaan and sung by Sunidhi Chauhan.
- Indian boxer MC Mary Kom defeated North Korea’s Kim Hyang Mi in the 48 kg category final of the Asian Women’s Boxing Championships. This is Mary Kom’s first international gold medal since the 2014 Asian Games and her first medal in over a year.
- Strike bowler Mitchell Starc became the first bowler to take two hat-tricks in the same first-class game in Australia as he hit ominous form ahead of the Ashes Test series against England.
- S Prannoy outwitted World No 2 and title favourite Kidambi Srikanth in a thrilling finale to claim the men’s singles title at the 82nd Senior National Championship in Nagpur.
- Saina Nehwal beat PV Sindhu in the blockbuster final of Senior National Badminton Championships in Nagpur to lift her third national’s title.
International Day of Preventing the Exploitation of the Environment in War and Armed Conflict
World Radiography Day
World Science Day for Peace and Development
Science for Global Understanding
National Education Day
- A G MILIKHA SINGH – Former India Cricketer
- KIRTI NIDHI BISTA – Former Prime Minister of Nepal
- VIRENDRA SANGHI – Senior Journalist
You can also download the previous weekly one liners from our website and you can download the same from the link below.
To download the previous month of Weekly One Liners of OCTOBER , please check the links below to download the weekly one liners.