Daily Current Affairs: April 12, 2022
Daily Current Affairs (April 12, 2022) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
International Day of Human Space Flight – 12 April
- The International Day of Human Space Flight is observed on 12 April every year to mark the anniversary of the first human space flight by the Russian cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin on 12 April 1961.
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) declared 12 April as the International Day of Human Space Flight in 2021, recognising the fiftieth anniversary of the first-ever human space flight.
Union Cabinet approves the extension of the Atal Innovation Mission till March 2023
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has approved the continuation of the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) till March 2023. The AIM shall work on its intended target of creating an innovation culture and entrepreneurial ecosystem in India.
- This will be done by the AIM through its various programmes and under intended targets that will be achieved by AIM— establishing 10,000 Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs), establishing 101 Atal Incubation Centres, establishing 50 Atal Community Innovation Centres and supporting 200 Indian startup companies through the Atal New India Challenges.
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami launches the ‘1064 Anti-Corruption Mobile App’
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami has launched a mobile application named ‘1064 Anti-Corruption Mobile App’. This mobile application was developed by the Uttarakhand Vigilance Department.
- This will make it easier for people to lodge graft-related complaints directly with the authorities through the mobile application or by phone.
- Capital: Dehradun
- Chief Minister: Pushkar Singh Dhami
- Governor: Lieutenant General (Rtd.) Gurmit Singh
- National Parks: Corbett National Park, Gangotri National Park, Govind Pashu Vihar National Park, Nanda Devi National Park, Rajaji National Park, Valley of Flowers National Park
Shehbaz Sharif was elected as the new Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Pakistan’s Parliament has elected Shehbaz Sharif as the new Prime Minister of Pakistan. He succeeded Imran Khan.
- Shehbaz Sharif is the younger brother of three-time Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Ecuador becomes the first country in the world to give legal rights to wild animals
- Ecuador became the first country in the world to give legal rights to wild animals.
- This decision came as Ecuador’s highest court heard the case of a woolly monkey named ‘Estrellita’, who was taken from the wild when she was only one month old and was raised as a pet but died within a month after it was shifted to a zoo.
- Capital: Quito
- Currency: United States Dollar
- President: Guillermo Lasso
Agreements and MoUs Signed
Infosys and Rolls-Royce partner to launch the ‘Aerospace Engineering and Digital Innovation Centre’ in Bengaluru
- Infosys and Rolls-Royce have partnered to inaugurate their joint ‘Aerospace Engineering and Digital Innovation Centre’ in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- This digital innovation centre was established to provide high-end Research and Development (R&D) services integrated with advanced digital capabilities to Rolls-Royce’s engineering and group business services from India.
Science and Technology
Pakistan successfully conducts the test flight of ‘Shaheen-III’ ballistic missile
- Pakistan Army has conducted a successful flight test of the surface-to-surface medium-range ballistic missile named ‘Shaheen-III’. This missile can strike targets up to 2,750 km.
- This test flight was aimed at revalidating various design and technical parameters of the weapon system. This ballistic missile is solid-fuelled and equipped with the Post-Separation Altitude Correction (PSAC) system.
India successful flight-tests the anti-tank guided missile ‘HELINA’
- A team of scientists from the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Indian Army and Indian Air Force (IAF) have jointly conducted the flight test of the indigenously developed helicopter launched anti-tank guided missile named ‘HELINA’ at high-altitude ranges.
- This flight trials was conducted from an Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) and the missile was fired successfully, engaging a simulated tank target.
- This missile has a maximum range of 7 km. It was developed by the Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) in Hyderabad.
China successfully launches a new satellite for the observation of the Earth
- China has successfully launched a new Earth observation satellite named ‘Gaofen-3 03’ into space to improve China’s land-sea radar satellite constellation launched from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre by a Long March-4C
- This satellite will capture fine-resolution images to help China safeguard its maritime rights and interests.
- Capital: Beijing
- Currency: Renminbi
- President: Xi Jinping
BCCI Secretary Jay Shah was appointed as the Member Board Representative of the ICC Cricket Committee
- Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) Secretary Jay Shah was appointed as the Member Board Representative of the ICC Cricket Committee.
- Former Sri Lankan cricket player Mahela Jayawardene was re-appointed as the Past Player Representative of the ICC Cricket Committee.
- These key decisions for the appointment were taken at the ICC Board Meeting held in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
UN Human Rights Council appoints Tuvalu’s Ian fry as the world’s first independent climate change and human rights expert
- The United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) has appointed Ian Fry as the world’s first independent expert for human rights and climate change for a period of three years.
- Ian Fry holds dual citizenship in Tuvalu and Australia.
Awards and Recognitions
Pakistan’s Babar Azam and Australia’s Rachael Haynes were named the ICC Players of the Month for February 2022
- Pakistan cricketer Babar Azam was named the International Cricket Council (ICC) Men’s Player of the Month for March 2022.
- Australian cricketer Rachael Haynes was named the International Cricket Council (ICC) Women’s Player of the Month for March 2022.
South Africa is set to host the ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup in 2023
- South Africa is set to host the inaugural ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup in January This 16-team tournament was originally scheduled to take place in 2021, but the COVID-19 pandemic saw that event delayed twice in 2021.
- This inaugural ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup will be held a month before the 2023 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, which is also slated to be held in South Africa from 09 February 2023 onwards.
Charles Leclerc wins the Australian Formula One Grand Prix 2022
- Scuderia Ferrari’s driver Charles Leclerc (Monaco) has won the Australian Formula One Grand Prix 2022.
- Red Bull’s driver Sergio Pérez (Mexico) came in the second position and Mercedes’ driver George Russell (Great Britain) came in the third position.
- Charles Leclerc also won the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix 2022.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of April 12, 2022, now from the link given below.