Daily Current Affairs: April 21, 2021
Want to Become a Bank, Central / State Govt Officer in 2020?
Join the Most awarded Coaching Institute & Get your Dream Job
Now Prepare for Bank, SSC Exams from Home. Join Online Coure @ lowest fee
Lifetime validity Bank Exam Coaching | Bank PO / Clerk Coaching | Bank SO Exam Coaching | All-in-One SSC Exam Coaching | RRB Railway Exam Coaching | TNPSC Exam Coaching | KPSC Exam Coaching
Daily Current Affairs: April 21, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (April 21, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – April 21, 2021, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
SUBSCRIBE to Race Youtube Channel for CA QUIZ LIVE Sessions
Check: Previous – Daily Current Affairs – Banking Exam
World Creativity and Innovation Day – 21 April
- World Creativity and Innovation Day is celebrated globally on 21 April. The day is to raise awareness around the importance of creativity and innovation in problem-solving with respect to advancing the United Nations sustainable development goals (SDG), also known as the “Global Goals”.
National Civil Service Day – 21 April
- Every year, the Union Government celebrates 21 April as Civil Services day. It is an occasion for the civil servants to rededicate themselves to the cause of citizens and renew their commitments to public service and excellence in work.
- National Civil Service Day is celebrated on 21 April every year because, on this day, Sardar Vallabhai Patel inaugurated the All-India Services in 1947.
- Civil service is the service that is responsible for the public administration of the Government in India.
Jharkhand Mukti Morcha becomes the first party in India to declare the name of a donor who contributed to electoral bonds
- The Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) is the first political party that has declared the name of the entity which made donations to it through electoral bonds.
- Electoral bonds had been pitched as an alternative to cash donations made to political parties as part of efforts to bring transparency in political funding.
- Electoral bonds are interest-free bearer bonds. It is an instrument that is used to donate money to political parties. The parties involved will probably be a donor, the political party and the RBI, which acts as the intermediary.
Union Cabinet approves an MoU between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Union Cabinet approved a fresh Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ).
- The MoU intends to develop mutually beneficial relationships in the best interest of members, students and their organizations and is expected to provide an opportunity to the ICAI members to expand their professional horizons and to foster working relations between the two accounting institutes.
- The two accountancy institutes will have an opportunity to play a leadership role in addressing new challenges facing the profession in a globalised environment.
Union Cabinet approves an MoU between Competition Commission of India and Council for Economic Defence of Brazil
- Union Cabinet approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)between the Competition Commission of India (CCI) and the Administrative Council for Economic Defence of Brazil, (CADE).
- Section 18 of the Competition Act, 2002 permits the Competition Commission of India (CCI)to enter into any memorandum or arrangement with any agency of any foreign country to discharge its duties or perform its functions under the Act.
- CCI had entered into the MoU’s with the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justice of USA, Director General Competition of European Union, Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Competition Bureau of Canada and BRICS Competition Authorities.
ADB partners with Habitat for Humanity International to support housing microloans for vulnerable communities
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) had teamed with Habitat for Humanity International to help microfinance institutions (MFIs) deliver housing loans to low-income families in rural and peri-urban areas of Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
- The collaboration had expanded ADB’s microfinance risk participation and guarantee program to include microloans for housing, home improvement, and water and sanitation for vulnerable and climate change-exposed communities.
Asian Development Bank
- Headquarters: Manila, Philippines
- President: Masatsugu Asakawa
Puma ropes in Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal as its brand ambassadors
- Global sportswear brand Puma has signed long-term endorsement deals with cricketers Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal. The duo will be joining the company’s roster of brand ambassadors that include Indian cricket captain Virat Kohli,wicketkeeper-batsman KL Rahul, Indian Women’s national cricketer Sushma Verma and veteran cricketer Yuvraj Singh.
- Puma India, which recently announced its partnership with Royal Challengers Bangalore, has been consistently investing in India’s sports ecosystem.
Carat India appoints Dipika Bhasin as its Executive Vice-President
- Dipika Bhasin was appointed as the Executive Vice-President of Carat India. She will lead the agency’s north and east offices and focus on developing and managing Carat’s senior client relationship. She will report to Anita Kotwani, CEO of Carat India.
Miguel Díaz-Canel becomes the President of Cuba
- The Central Committee of the Communist Party of Cuba formally chose Miguel Diaz-Canel to succeed President Raul Castro, the brother of late Cuban leader Fidel Castro who ruled the island for decades as its leader.
- Diaz-Canel became the first secretary of the Communist Party, which is the only party allowed in Cuba by law. As a leader of the party, Diaz-Canel became the ruler of the Caribbean island.
- He retained the title of President but made history as the first person without the Castro name to run Cuba as head of the Cuban Communist Party since the 1959 revolution.
- Capital: Havana
- Currency: Peso
Tata Consumer Products appoints Deepika Bhan as its President of Packaged Foods (India)
- Tata Consumer Products (TCP) appointed Deepika Bhan as the company’s new President – Packaged Foods, (India), effective from 27 April 2021.
- Deepika joins TCP from Hindustan Unilever, where she was Global Brand Director, Haircare for South Asia. She had also worked with PepsiCo and Tata Motors.
Awards and Recognitions
Maharashtra’s Priyanka Mohite becomes the first Indian woman to scale Mt. Annapurna
- Priyanka Mohite from Satara in western Maharashtra has scaled Annapurna, the 10th highest mountain peak in the world, becoming the first Indian woman climber to achieve the feat.
- Mount Annapurna is a massif in the Himalayas located in Nepal that includes one peak over 8,000 metres and is one of the toughest mountains to climb.
- She has also climbed the world’s highest peak Mount Everest (8,849 metres) in 2013, Mount Lhotse (8,516 metres) in 2018, Mount Makalu (8,485 metres), and Mount Kilimanjaro (5,895 metres) in 2016.
Rumana Sinha Sehgal was awarded the prestigious ‘Nelson Mandela World Humanitarian Award 2021’
- Software-engineer turned social entrepreneur, Rumana Sinha Sehgal was awarded the prestigious ‘Nelson Mandela World Humanitarian Award 2021’ by the Diplomatic Mission Global Peace.
- She is also the recipient of the nationwide award “Under 50 – Business Leader 2021” for social entrepreneurship by Business Mint. She has also received the ‘International Influencer of the Year 2021’.
Former Goa Minister Somnath Juwarkar passes away at 74
- Former Goa Minister Somnath Juwarkar passed away at the age of 74. He had represented the Taleigao Assembly constituency near Panaji from 1989 till 2002. He had served as the Minister for Civil Supplies, Cooperation, and Transport in the governments led by Pratapsingh Rane and Fransico Sardina.
Former US Vice President Walter Mondale passes away at 93
- Former US Vice President Walter Mondale passed away at 93. He served as the vice President under Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981. He also served as the US ambassador to Japan from 1993 to 1996 under Bill Clinton.
Former RBI Governor M Narasimham passes away at 94
- Former RBI Governor Maidavolu Narasimham, known as the father of Indian banking reforms, passed away at a Hyderabad hospital due to COVID-19-related illness at the age of 94.
- He served as the RBI Governor between May and November 1977. Narasimham served as Chairperson of the Committee on the Financial System 1991 and the Committee of Banking Sector Reforms 1998.
Poet and lyricist Zaheer Qureshi passes away at 71
- Poet and lyricist Zaheer Qureshi passed away in Burhanpur. Poets and writers of Bhopal had expressed sorrow over his death.
- Some of the main ghazal collections of Qureshi are Lekhni Ke Swapan, Ek Tukda Dhoop, Chandi Ka Dukha, Samunder Vyahne Nahi Aaya, Bheed Mein Sabse Alag and Ped Tan Kar Bhi Nhi Toota.
President of Chad, Idriss Déby passes away
- Chad’s President Idriss Déby had passed away due to injuries because of clashes with rebels in the north of the country (Chad). Deby’s demise comes just one day after he was declared the winner of the sixth term in office, marking over 30 years in power.
- Capital: N’Djamena
- Currency: Central African CFA franc (XAF)
India ranks 142 in the World Press Freedom Index 2021: while Norway topped the Index
- India was placed at 142nd position among 180 countries in the World Press Freedom Index 2021 published by the international journalism not-for-profit body, Reporters Without Borders (RSF).
- Norway retained its top spot for the fifth year, followed by Finland and Denmark. Eritrea is at the bottom of the index at the 180th position. Other countries at the bottom are China (177), North Korea (179) and Turkmenistan (178).
Former Sri Lanka batsman Dilhara Lokuhettige banned for eight years under the ICC Anti-Corruption Code
- Former Sri Lanka batsman Dilhara Lokuhettige was banned from all forms of cricket for eight years after an ICC Anti-Corruption Tribunal found him guilty of breaching the ICC Anti-Corruption Code.
- He was also charged by the ICC on behalf of the Emirates Cricket Board (ECB) with breaching three counts of the ECB Anti-Corruption Code for Participants for the T10 League in 2017.
April 21 CA Oneliner:
|1. World Creativity and Innovation Day – 21 April|
|2. National Civil Service Day – 21 April|
|3. Jharkhand Mukti Morcha becomes the first party in India to declare the name of a donor who contributed to electoral bonds|
|4. Union Cabinet approves an MoU between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand|
|5. Union Cabinet approves an MoU between Competition Commission of India and Council for Economic Defence of Brazil|
|6. ADB partners with Habitat for Humanity International to support housing microloans for vulnerable communities|
|7. Puma ropes in Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal as its brand ambassadors|
|8. Carat India appoints Dipika Bhasin as its Executive Vice-President|
|9. Miguel Díaz-Canel becomes the President of Cuba|
|10. Tata Consumer Products appoints Deepika Bhan as its President of Packaged Foods (India)|
|11. Maharashtra’s Priyanka Mohite becomes the first Indian woman to scale Mt. Annapurna|
|12. Rumana Sinha Sehgal was awarded the prestigious ‘Nelson Mandela World Humanitarian Award 2021’|
|13. Former Goa Minister Somnath Juwarkar passes away at 74|
|14. Former US Vice President Walter Mondale passes away at 93|
|15. Former RBI Governor M Narasimham passes away at 94|
|16. Poet and lyricist Zaheer Qureshi passes away at 71|
|17. President of Chad, Idriss Déby passes away|
|18. India ranks 142 in the World Press Freedom Index 2021: while Norway topped the Index|
|19. Former Sri Lanka batsman Dilhara Lokuhettige banned for eight years under the ICC Anti-Corruption Code|
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of April 21, 2021, now from the link given below.
Daily Current Affairs Quiz – April 21, 2021