DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 26, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (April 25, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
DPIIT proposes Startup India Vision 2024; proposes tax sops for new ventures
- The Commerce and Industry Ministry has proposed a host of measures such as tax incentives to promote budding entrepreneurs as part of the ‘Startup India Vision 2024’.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the ministry, which has prepared the document, has also suggested setting up of 500 new incubators and accelerators by 2024; 100 innovation zones in urban local bodies; deployment of entire corpus of Rs.10,000 crore Fund of Funds; and expanding CSR funding to incubators.
- The other measures include setting up of Rs.1,000 crore ‘India startup fund’ to support high technology start-ups; providing Rs 1,000 crore of seed funding; and operationalisation of seven research parks by 2024.
Etihad becomes first airline in the Gulf to operate plastic-free flight:
- The UAE’s flag carrier Etihad Airways has become the first airline in the Gulf region to operate a flight without any single-use plastics on board, in a bid to raise awareness about pollution on Earth Day.
- According to the Abu Dhabi-based national airline of the UAE, the flight EY484 landed in Brisbane on April 22, Earth Day.
- The milestone flight is part of Etihad’s pledge to reduce single-use plastic usage by 80 per cent not just in-flight, but across the entire organisation by the end of 2022.
WHO issues first-ever screen time guidelines for children under 5:
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) has released new guidelines on physical activity, sedentary and sleep for children under 5 years of age.
- The UN health agency also issued its first-ever guidance for how much screen time children should be allowed – limited and none at all for one-year-olds.
- The new guidelines issued by WHO said kids under 5 should not spend less than one-hour watching screens every day and infants under 1 year should not be exposed to electronic screens.
- They should get 11-14 hours of good quality sleep, including naps, with regular sleep and wake-up times.
BANKING & BUSINESS
SBI launches Green Car Loan:
- State Bank of India announced the country’s first ‘Green Car Loan’ (Electric Vehicle) to encourage customers to buy electric vehicles.
- The new scheme will offer loan at 20 basis points lesser than the interest rate on the existing car loan schemes. The EMI per Rs.1 lakh will be lower at Rs.1,468 for 96 months against Rs.1,622 for 84 months, based on the maximum tenor, in line with the existing scheme.
Wirecard expands partnership with RBL Bank to promote financial inclusion:
- Wirecard, digital financial technology provider, announced an expanded partnership with RBL Bank to promote financial inclusion in India.
- This partnership will make digital payment and banking transactions more readily accessible to all Indian citizens, including those living in remote areas.
Aegon Life and MobiKwik launch a smart digital insurance product:
- In a bid to enable financial inclusion and ease of buying for the Indian masses, Aegon Life Insurance, pioneer of digital insurance in India and MobiKwik, India’s leading FinTech Company have joined hands to launch a Rs.20 smart digital insurance product.
- The strategic partners have announced the launch of an assorted insurance product called the Aegon Life Group Term Plus Plan with both death and accidental disability benefit, available exclusively on MobiKwik App. One can purchase this plan by paying as little as Rs.20 in premium for a sum assured of Rs.2 lakhs which includes term insurance and accidental disability.
Former Army Chief Dalbir Suhag Appointed Indian Envoy to Seychelles:
- Former Army chief Dalbir Singh Suhag has been appointed as India’s next high commissioner to Seychelles, a country which is of strategic importance to India in the Indian Ocean region.
- General (retired) Suhag was the Army chief from July 31, 2014, to December 31, 2016. He was also part of the Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF) in Sri Lanka in 1987.
AWARDS & HONOURS
Bhandarkar, Helen get Deenanath Mangeshkar Award:
- National Award-winning filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar, popular scriptwriter Salim Khan and yesteryears dancing diva Helen were honoured with the prestigious Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Award at a ceremony Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- This year, the Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Award for music and art has been given to classical dancer Sucheta Bhide-Chapekar.
Dawn journalist Cyril Almeida named IPI’s 71st World Press Freedom Hero:
- The International Press Institute (IPI), a global network of editors, media executives and leading journalists in over 100 countries has named Dawn Assistant Editor Cyril Almeida as its 71st World Press Freedom Hero.
Benny Antony conferred National IP Award:
- Benny Antony, Joint Managing Director, the Kochi-based Arjuna Natural Ltd, has been conferred with the National Intellectual Property Award for 2019 in the category of Top Individual for Patents and Commercialization.
- Along with the National IP Award, the Intellectual Property Office India and the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) have jointly conferred the ‘WIPO Medal for Inventors’ also to Antony.
2019 Asian Athletics Championships:
- The 2019 Asian Athletics Championships was the 23rd edition of the Asian Athletics Championships. It was held at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar. During the closing ceremony of the 22nd Asian Athletics Championships in Bhubaneswar India.
- Bahrain topped the medal tally (11- Gold; 7-Silver; 4-Bronze; Total – 22 Medals). India finished fourth in the medal tally (3- Gold; 7-Silver; 7-Bronze; Total – 17 Medals)
India at the 2019 Asian Athletics Championships
|1500 metres||–||Ajay Kumar Saroj||–|
|10,000 metres||–||–||Gavit Murli Kumar|
|400 metres hurdles||–||–||Jabir Madari Palliyalil|
|3000 metres steeplechase||–||Avinash Sable||–|
|Shot put||Tejinder Pal Singh Toor||–||–|
|Javelin throw||–||Shivpal Singh||–|
|200 metres||–||–||Dutee Chand|
|400 metres||–||–||M. R. Poovamma|
|800 metres||Gomathi Marimuthu||–||–|
|1500 metres||P. U. Chitra||–||–|
|5000 metres||–||–||Parul Chaudhary|
|10,000 metres||–||–||Sanjivani Jadhav|
|400 metres hurdles||–||–||Sarita Gayakwad|
|4×400 metres relay||–||Prachi
M. R. Poovamma
V. K. Vismaya
|Javelin throw||–||Annu Rani||–|
|4×400 metres relay||–||Mohammad Anas
M. R. Poovamma
Divyansh secures India’s fourth Olympic quota in shooting:
- India’s Divyansh Singh Panwar has secured the country’s fourth Olympic quota place in shooting by winning a silver in 10m air rifle event in the ISSF World Cup in Beijing, China.
- This is India’s fourth 2020 Tokyo Olympic quota after Anjum Moudgil and Apurvi Chandela (10m air rifle women) and Saurabh Choudhary (10m Air Pistol men) had secured berths in the earlier World Cups and last year’s World Championship.
USA secure ODI status for the first time:
- United States Cricket Team beat Hong Kong by 84 runs in the WCL Division 2 to attain one-day International (ODI) status. After losing their first game at WCL2, USA came back to win their next three to secure one-day international cricket for the first time since the 2004 Champions Trophy.
Stephanie Frappart first woman to referee Ligue 1 match:
- French official Stephanie Frappart will become the first woman to referee a Ligue 1 match and will take charge of Amiens Vs Strasbourg.
IMPORTANT EVENTS OF THE DAY
World Malaria Day: April 25th
- World Malaria Day (WMD) is an international observance commemorated every year on 25 April and recognizes global efforts to control malaria.
- The theme of 2019: “Zero malaria starts with me”
World Immunization Week – ‘Protected Together: Vaccines Work’
- World Immunization Week is observed globally from 24th – 30th April to raise awareness about the importance of vaccination and to protect millions of people of all ages from disease through vaccination.
- The theme of 2019 is ‘Protected Together: Vaccines Work!’
World Intellectual Property Day: April 26th
- World Intellectual Property Day is being observed on April 26th every year.
- It aims to increase people’s awareness and understanding of the intellectual property. The main purpose of intellectual property law is to encourage the creation of a large variety of intellectual goods for consumers.
- The theme of 2019 is “Reach for Gold: IP and Sports.
Aspirants can BUY the LIC AAO 2019 – Online Prelims Exam Package from our Bankersdaily Store which is provided in the link.
If you have any doubts regarding the CWC – Junior Superintendent – Online Prelims Exam Test Series 2019 , kindly contact us @ store[at]therace.in