DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: APRIL 30 2019
Daily Current Affairs (April 30, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar (BCIM) Economic Corridor no longer listed under BRI umbrella:
- India’s decision to skip the Belt and Road Forum (BRF) may have led to the exclusion of the Bangladesh- China- India- Myanmar (BCIM) Economic corridor from the list of projects covered by the China-led Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) umbrella.
- The 2800 km BCIM corridor proposes to link Kunming in China’s Yunnan province with Kolkata, passing though nodes such as Mandalay in Myanmar and Dhaka in Bangladesh before heading to Kolkata.
BANKING & BUSINESS
RBI moves to tighten current account operating norms to check fund diversion:
- In a move to tackle fund diversion, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has proposed sterner rules on opening and running of current accounts of corporate borrowers.
- According to RBI, while there would be no restriction on the amount or number of ‘credits’ in collection accounts with other banks (which are not leading consortium), the ‘debits’ should be limited to remitting the proceeds to the current or escrow accounts maintained with the lead bank.
Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting acquires Philippines’ Splash Corporation:
- Wipro Consumer Care and Lighting (WCCL), the consumer care business of software provider Wipro Ltd, has acquired the Philippines-based personal care maker Splash Corporation for an undisclosed amount to enter the country which has a consumer base of around 100 million.
RANKINGS/REPORTS BY VARIOUS ORGANISATIONS
2019 Global Food Policy report: Rural revitalisation key to eco growth
- According to the 2019 Global Food Policy Report (GFPR), rural areas continue to be in a state of crisis and threatening to slow the progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals, global climate targets, and improved food and nutrition security due to hunger, malnutrition, poverty, environmental degradation. 821 mn people in the world are facing chronic food deprivation.
- The report was prepared by the Washington DC-based International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
Bajrang Punia To Become First Indian Wrestler to Fight At New York’s Iconic Madison Square Garden:
- Bajrang Punia is set to become the first wrestler from India to fight at the iconic Madison Square Garden in New York.
- Bajrang Punia will take part in the “Grapple at the Garden – Beat the Streets” fight night, scheduled to be held on May 6. He is currently the World No.1 in the 65-kg weight category.
Bhullar wins outstanding achievement as player award:
- Arjuna awardee and star Indian golfer Gaganjeet Bhullar won the outstanding achievement as a player award at the fourth edition of the annual India Golf Industry Association (GIA) awards at the Delhi Golf Club, New Delhi.
Valtteri Bottas grabs Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2019:
- Valtteri Viktor Bottas (Finland) of Mercedes captured Formula 1 State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2019 by beating Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton at the Baku City Circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan.
India’s Nitendra Singh Rawat finishes 27th in Virgin Money London Marathon 2019:
- Indian marathon runner, Nitendra Singh Rawat finished 27th in 2 hours 15 minutes and 59 seconds in the men’s Elite race of prestigious Virgin Money London Marathon 2019 at London, the UK which was won by EliudKipchoge of Kenya for record fourth time.
Asian Wrestling Championship 2019:
- The 2019 Asian Wrestling Championships was held in Xi’an, China.
- India won 16 medals which include 1 gold, 3 silver and 4 bronze by men’s freestyle wrestlers, 3 silver and 1 bronze by men’s Greco-Roman wrestlers and 4 bronze won by women’s freestyle wrestlers.
- India ranked 8th place in the tournament and the first three countries ranked in the tournament were Iran followed by China and Japan.
- Here the Indian Winners List
Event / Category Name Medal Men’s Freestyle/65-kg Bajrang Punia Gold Men’s Freestyle/74-kg Amit Kumar Dhankar Silver Men’s Freestyle/79-kg Parveen Rana Silver Men’s Freestyle/92-kg Vicky Chahar Silver Men’s Greco-Roman/77-kg Gurpreet Singh Silver Men’s Greco-Roman/82-kg Harpreet Singh Silver Men’s Greco-Roman/87-kg Sunil Kumar Silver Men’s Freestyle/61-kg Rahul Aware Bronze Men’s Freestyle/86-kg Deepak Punia Bronze Men’s Freestyle/97-kg Satyawart Kadian Bronze Men’s Freestyle/125-kg Sumit Malik Bronze Men’s Greco-Roman/60-kg Gyanender Dahiya Bronze Women’s Freestyle/53-kg Vinesh Phogat Bronze Women’s Freestyle/59-kg Manju Kumari Bronze Women’s Freestyle/62-kg Sakshi Malik Bronze Women’s Freestyle/68-kg Divya Kakran Bronze
67th Barcelona Open Banco Sabadell 2019:
- The 2019 Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell (also known as the Torneo Godó) was a men’s tennis tournament played on outdoor clay courts. It was the 67th edition of the event and part of the ATP World Tour 500 series of the 2019 ATP World Tour. It took place at the Real Club de Tenis Barcelona in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain.
- Winner ListSingles: Austria Dominic Thiem
- Doubles: Colombia Juan Sebastián Cabal / Colombia Robert Farah
Raheem Sterling named 2019 FWA footballer of the year:
- Raheem Sterling has been named the 2019 footballer of the year by the Football Writers’ Association (FWA). The Manchester City and England forward topped the poll of the 400-strong FWA membership as a clear winner, with 62 percent of the votes.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Journalist Saba Naqvi authored “Politics of Jugaad: The Coalition Handbook” released
- Journalist Saba Naqvi has composed a book named “Politics of Jugaad: The Coalition Handbook” in which she examines the possibility of a coalition government after the 2019 Lok Sabha polls.
- The author, Saba Naqvi is a well-known journalist and political analyst in India. She has authored other books, namely, ‘In Good Faith’ (2012), ‘Capital Conquest’ (2015), and ‘Shades of Saffron’ (2018).
‘Children of a Lesser God’ writer Mark Medoff dies at 79:
- Mark Medoff, a provocative playwright whose “Children of a Lesser God” won Tony and Olivier awards and whose screen adaptation of his play earned an Oscar nomination, has died in Las Cruces, New Mexico. He was 79.
‘Pele of Asia’: Former Indian footballer Pungam Kannan dies of prolonged illness
- Former India footballer Pungam Kannan, who was facing acute financial crisis, died at a city hospital following prolonged illness, family sources said. He was 80.
Aspirants can BUY the LIC AAO 2019 – Online Prelims Exam Package from our Bankersdaily Store which is provided in the link.
If you have any doubts regarding the CWC – Junior Superintendent – Online Prelims Exam Test Series 2019 , kindly contact us @ store[at]therace.in