DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: DECEMBER 11, 2018
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs ( December 11, 2018) like many other sections are inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
PM Modi to inaugurate Partners’ Forum 2018
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will inaugurate the fourth Partners’ Forum on 12th December at New Delhi. The Government of India, in association with the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH), is hosting a two-day international conference. The programme of the Partners’ Forum will be framed around the objectives of the Global Strategy of Survive – Thrive – Transform.
- Partners’ Forum is a global health partnership launched in September 2005 to accelerate efforts to reduce child and maternal mortality, improve adolescent, child, newborn and maternal health. The previous chapters were held in Johannesburg, South Africa (2014), New Delhi, India (2010) and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (2007).
Sino-India Joint Exercise Hand-in-Hand 2018
- 7th Sino-India joint exercise Hand-in-Hand 2018, scheduled from 10 to 23 December 2018 at Chengdu, China.
- The aim of the exercise is to build and promote close relations between armies of both the countries and to enhance the ability of the joint exercise commander to take military contingents of both nations under command.
Kazakhstan opened consulate, under Dilip Chandan, in Gujarat to push business ties
- Central Asia’s biggest and resource rich Kazakhstan has opened consulate in Gujarat, home state of PM Narendra Modi to further business partnership. The Honorary consulate will be headed by businessman and managing director of the company Chandan Steel Limited, Dilip Chandan.
- Kazakhstan has plans to link Gujarat’s Mundra Port via multimodal transport through Iran.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Om Prakash Kohli
Second edition of exercise Aviaindra commenced between IAF and RFSAF at Jodhpur
- The second edition of the service-specific exercise AVIAINDRA between Indian Air Force (IAF) and Russian Federation Aerospace Force (RFAF), has been commenced at Air Force Station Jodhpur in Rajasthan on December 10, 2018.
- This bi-annual air-service exercise will conclude on December 22, 2017. The exercise was started in 2014, and since then it is held two times a year.
- Capitals: Jaipur, Jodhpur (Judiciary)
- Chief Minister: Vasundhara Raje
- Governor: Kalyan Singh
Shi Yomi became 23rd district of Arunachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh got its 23rd district with the formal inauguration of Shi Yomi, carved out of the West Siang district. Two more districts would be created, which would increase the total number of districts to 25.
- The Arunachal Pradesh Assembly had on August 29 passed a bill for the creation of three new districts — Pakke-Kesang, Lepa Rada and Shi Yomi.
- The Pakke-Kessang district has been carved out of East Kameng district, with five administrative units, and Lepa Rada by bifurcating the Lower Siang district, with four administrative units.
- Chief minister: Pema Khandu
- Capitals: Guwahati (Judiciary), Itanagar
- Governor: B. D. Mishra
TN Government launches 24-hour helpline 181 for women
- The Tamil Nadu government has launched a 24-hour toll free helpline “181” for women, among others, facing domestic violence and sexual harassment. Chief Minister K Palaniswami launched the initiative, developed at a cost of Rs. 62.70 lakh.
- Women facing domestic violence and sexual harassment at home or workplaces can contact the toll-free helpline 181, to get assistance ranging from police help, legal aid or medical services including ambulance.
- Capital: Chennai
- Chief Minister: Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor: Banwarilal Purohit
Indian Railways launched new Buddhist Circuit Tourist Train for the 16-day pilgrimage tour
- Indian Railways’ famous swanky new Buddhist Circuit tourist train operated by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will be put into service from this month onwards. The Buddhist Circuit tour offers a train tour package of 8 days/7 nights covering the places in India associated with Lord Buddha.
- The itinerary of the unique train tour covers holy sites like Bodhgaya, Nalanda, Rajgir, Sarnath, Varanasi, Lumbini, Kushinagar, Sravasti and Agra. According to the IRCTC website, the train will depart on December 8 and December 22 completing a 16-day tour.
UN conference adopts migration pact despite withdrawals
- A United Nations Conference in Moroccan city of Marrakesh has adopted a global pact “The Global compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration” to better handle migrant flows despite a string of withdrawals driven by anti-immigrant populism.
- The pact is described as a “Roadmap to prevent suffering and chaos” by UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres.
BANKING & BUSINESS
Centre and the ADB sign loan agreement of 31 million dollar to develop Tourism and boost Jobs in Tamil Nadu
- Centre and the Asian Development Bank has signed a loan agreement of 31 million dollars in New Delhi to develop Tourism and boost Jobs in Tamil Nadu. Project will support the conservation and restoration of eight heritage monuments, one museum and three temples.
AWARDS & HONOURS
India’s Prathamesh Maulingkar wins Mister Supranational 2018
- Goa’s Prathamesh Maulingkar has created history by becoming the first Asian/Indian to win this year’s Mister Supranational title in a competition held in Poland. The 27-year-old defeated 37 contestants from all over the world in the final round to win the coveted title.
Salman Khan, Anurag Kashyap win at Asian Academy Creative Awards
- The inaugural Asian Academy Creative Awards launched at Singapore’s historic Capitol Theatre. It was a strong night for Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong, finishing with 5 Golden “Goddesses”. India bagged 4, Philippines 2, Korea 2, Malaysia 1, China 1, Taiwan 1, Indonesia 1 and Thailand 1.
- Best Entertainment Host/Presenter: Bollywood star Salman Khan (“Bigg Boss”)
- Best Direction (Fiction): Anurag Kashyap (Netflix’s original series “Sacred Games”)
- Best Editing for Sacred Games: Aarti Bajaj
- Best Non-Scripted Entertainment: The Remix. By Greymatter Entertainment for Amazon Prime Video
- Best Comedy Programme: Queens of Comedy by Discovery Communications India for TLC India
- Best Telenovela/Soap: PORUS by One Life Studios for Sony Entertainment
- Best 2D Animated Programme or Series: Lamput by Cartoon Network
- Best Natural History or Wildlife Programme: The World’s Most Famous Tiger by Natural History Unit India
- Best Current Affairs Programme or Series: The Last Drop by NGC Network (India) for National Geographic
Other Winners of Asian Academy Creative Awards 2018
- Best Visual or Special FX: Game of Thrones: Spoils of War, by Method Studios.
- Best Immersive (360, VR): Earthlight: Lunar Hub, by Opaque Space.
- Best Short Form Content: Thrush The Musical, by PHD
- Best 3D Animated Programme or Series: Bill and Tony, by Cartoon Network
- Best Preschool Programme: Hi-5 Season 17 – Cultural Festivals, by Hi-5
- Best Children’s Entertainment or Drama: Hi-5 Season 17 – Vehicles, by Hi-5
- Best Children’s Animated Programme or Series: Bill and Tony, by Cartoon Network
- Best Children’s Programme (one off/special): Nickelodeon Kids Choice Sports Awards, by VIACOM International Media Networks
- Best Branded: MTV Fit Sessions – Allana Ferguson Workout, by MTV
- Best Current Affairs Programme or Series: 60 Minutes, by Nine Network
- Best Single News Story/Report: Race To Save The Reef, by CNN
- Best News Programme: The Project, by 7pm Company for Channel 10 Australia
- Best Documentary Series: Filthy Rich & Homeless – Series 1, by Blackfella Films for SBS TV.
- Best Documentary Programme (one-off/ special): In My Own Words, by Blackfella Films For SBS TV and NITV
- Best Non-Scripted Entertainment: Master Chef Australia, Season 10, by Endemol Shine Australia for Channel 10
- Best Game or Quiz Programme: Hard Quiz – Series 3, by Thinkative TV for ABC Australia
- Best Actress in a Leading Role: Marta Dusseldorp – A Place to Call Home Season 5, by Seven Studios, for Foxtel
- Best Drama Series: A Place To Call Home, by Seven Studios, for Foxtel
Best Woman Parliamentarian Award for Kanimozhi
- DMK MP Kanimozhi has been selected for the Best Woman Parliamentarian (Rajya Sabha) set up by Lokmat newspaper for 2018.
- A jury of eminent personalities headed by Murali Manohar Joshi selected her for the award and it will be presented to her by Vice-President M. Venkaiah Naidu on December 13.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Urjit Patel resigns as RBI Governor
- Urjit Patel has resigned as the Reserve Bank of India governor. His resignation comes against the backdrop of increasing tensions between the Finance ministry and the Reserve Bank of India. Urjit Patel, 55, who took over as the 24th Governor of the central bank on September 5, 2016, had the shortest tenure since the year 1992.
Myntra CEO Ananth Narayanan Quits
- Ananth Narayanan Chief Executive Officer of Myntra, a unit of Walmart Inc-owned Flipkart, has resigned and a Flipkart executive has been tasked with heading the online fashion retailer. His position will be abolished as Flipkart’s Amar Nagaram is set to head the unit.
Economist Surjit Bhalla resigns from EAC-PM
- Economist Surjit S Bhalla has resigned from his position as the part-time Member of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister. The Council is headed by NITI Aayog member Bibek Debroy. Other part-time members on the Council include economists Rathin Roy, Ashima Goyal and former bureaucrat Ratan Watal.
Kohli sets Asian record, Pant equals world record as India win in Adelaide
- India, the top-ranked Test side in the world – became the first team from Asia to win Tests in South Africa, England, and Australia in the same calendar year.
- Virat Kohli became the first India captain since Anil Kumble in 2008 to win a Test in Australia. He becomes the first India captain to win the opening Test of a series in Australia. Virat Kohli becomes first Asian skipper to win a Test in South Africa, England and Australia.
IMPORTANT EVENTS OF THE DAY
International Mountains Day: 11th December
- The United Nations General Assembly designated 11th December “International Mountain Day”. As of 2003, it has been observed every year to create awareness about the importance of mountains to life, to highlight the opportunities and constraints in mountain development and to build alliances that will bring positive change to mountain peoples and environments around the world.
- Theme of 2018: “Mountains Matter”
Are you ready to attend the CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ of December 11, 2018? Click the Below to Check the Daily Current Quiz: December 11, 2018.
Aspirants can check the Whole planner of IBPS CLERK Prelims Exam 2018 from the below given link.