DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : December 22 & 23, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : December 22 & 23, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (December 22 & 23 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – December 22 & 23, 2019 now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
National Mathematics Day
- National Mathematics Day is observed on 22 December every year to mark the birth anniversary of legendary Indian mathematician, Srinivasa Ramanujan and his contributions in the field of mathematics.
- The 125th birth anniversary of the great mathematician Srinivasa Iyengar Ramanujan declared as National Mathematics Day.
- The day emphasizes the necessity to carry out the legacy of the world-famous mathematicians forward.
Kisan Divas (Farmer’s Day in India) Dec 23
- India is celebrated as National Farmers Day/Kisan Diwas to mark the birth anniversary of Chaudhary Charan Singh.
- Chaudhary Charan Singh has served as the sixth prime minister from 28 July 1979 until 14 January 1980 and passed away in 1987. During his tenure as the Prime Minister of India, Chaudhary Charan Singh introduced policies to improve the lives and conditions of farmers in the country.
PM Modi addressed the annual conference of ASSOCHAM in New Delhi
- PM Modi addressed the annual meeting of the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) in New Delhi. This is to celebrate the 100 years of ASSOCHAM.
- Theme of this year : “New India Aspiring for 5 trillion USD”
- PM targets to achieve 5 Trillion Dollar Economy – To achieve 5 Trillion Dollar Economy by 2024 it is required to boost digital transactions of GST.
- The government would invest 100 Lakh Crore Rupees in the infrastructural sector and another 25 Lakh Crore Rupees in the Rural Sector in order to achieve the target.
S Jaishankar co-chairs 19th Joint Commission meeting with Iran Foreign Minister
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar today co-chaired the 19th Joint Commission meeting with Foreign Minister of Iran in Tehran. Both the nation agreed on accelerating the Chabahar project.
- EAM S Jaishankar to embark on a two-day visit to Iran.During his visit, Dr Jaishankar is also expected to call on Iran President Hassan Rouhani
Govt proposes to invest 50 lakh crore rupees for modernisation of Railways
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has said that Railways is looking at a 50 lakh crore rupees investment over the next 12 years.it can modernize the railways, bring down the logistics cost and improve the share of freight in railway network and make the journey world-class.
- Mr.Priyush Goyal, who also holds the charge of Commerce Ministry, Government is making huge efforts to give support to bankers to lend boldly and freely to the NBFC sector and the real estate sector.
92nd Annual Convention of FICCI held in New Delhi
- The 92nd Annual Convention of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) was conducted in New Delhi from December 20-21,2019.
- The Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan addressed the 92nd convention. The theme for the year 2019 was “India: Roadmap to a $5 trillion economy”.
Integral Coach Factory produces 3000 Coaches in record 215 days
- Integral Coach Factory (ICF) of Indian Railways has produced its 3000th coach of the year in less than nine months.
- This would help in meeting the growing demand for coaches. The number of working days to achieve has been reduced from 289 days in the last year to 215 days in the current year. till the year 2014, the same amount of time was being taken for the production of only 1000 coaches
India constructs Girls’ Hostel for Nepal Armed Police Force School at Kirtipur.
- The Govt. of India has constructed Girls’ Hostel for Nepal Armed Police Force School, Kirtipur. Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of India, Dr. Ajay Kumar inaugurated hostel building at Kirtipur in Kathmandu district. Mayor of Kirtipur Municipality, senior officers of Nepal Armed Police Force and political, community leaders also attended the inaugural ceremony.
- Nepal Armed Police Force (APF) School is an academic institution created under the APF Welfare Service Centre of Nepal Armed Police Force. The school was established in 2005 and it has over 21 per cent of girl’s students.
Manuel Marrero Cruz appointed as Cuba’s first PM in more than 40 years
- Cuba, President Miguel Díaz-Canel has appointed Manuel Marrero Cruz as the country’s first prime minister after 43 years.
- Marrero, who has served as tourism minister for 16 years and is an architect by trade, helped boost Cuba’s economy by making tourism one of the engines of growth. The post of prime minister was scrapped in 1976 by the then-revolutionary leader Fidel Castro.
Sheikh Hasina elected Awami League President
- The 21st National council of the ruling Awami League of Bangladesh elected Sheikh Hasina for the next three years as Party President for the ninth consecutive term. She has been leading the Awami League since 1981. It also elected Obaidul Quader as general secretary for second term.
- Qadir is the Road Transport Minister in the Sheikh Hasina government. The National Council of the Awami League will also elect its next central working committee.
Indian American Dr Monisha Ghosh named 1st woman CTO at FCC in US
- Indian American Dr Monisha Ghosh has been appointed as the first woman Chief Technology Officer at the US government’s powerful Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- She will advise Indian American Chairman of the FCC Ajit Pai and the agency on technology and engineering issues, and work closely with the Office of Engineering and Technology. Dr Ghosh will take charge on January 13. She replaces Dr Eric Burger.
- Ghosh received her PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California in 1991, and B.Tech from the IIT Kharagpur in 1986.
‘Chilai-Kalan’ begins in Jammu & Kashmir
- Jammu & Kashmir, the 40-day period of extreme cold, known as ‘Chilai-Kalan’, began. while as the region is continuously reeling under intense cold wave and chill.
- Srinagar recorded minimum temperature at 1. 2 degree Celsius The department forecast dry weather over Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh regions in the next 24 hours.
Andhra Pradesh topped in organizing Fit India School Week; above 21,000 schools received FIT India flag
- Andhra Pradesh (AP) topped the list for organising Fit India Week in schools. So far, AP has organised the Fit India Week in 13,839 schools. AP was followed by Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh ranked 2nd & 3rd by organising the programme in 1,967 and 1,504 schools respectively. Overall the programme was organised in 26,845 schools.
- 21,344 schools obtained the Fit India Flag. Again, AP topped the list obtaining 8,117 flags. It was followed by Karnataka in the second rank.
Foundation stone laid for two Integrated Processing Units of Sikkim IFFCO
- The foundation stone of two Integrated Processing Units of Sikkim Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Organics Limited, SIFFCO was laid down by Chief Minister Prem Singh Tamang.
- Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Narendra Singh Tomar was present on this occasion as the chief guest.
- Sikkim IFFCO Organics Limited is a joint venture between the world’s biggest fertilizer Cooperative, IFFCO and Government of Sikkim. The major commercial crops in which Sikkim IFFCO will operate are ginger, turmeric, large cardamom and buckwheat.
President Ram Nath Kovind releases mobile app of Red Cross Society of India in Hyderabad
- President Ram Nath Kovind released the mobile app of the Red Cross Society of India in Hyderabad. The President is in Hyderabad on his Southern Sojourn.
- Ramnath kovind inaugurated the mobile app formally at a dinner hosted by Telangana governor Tamilisai Sounderarajan at Rajbhavan in his honour.
- Developed by the Telangana Centre for Good Governance in less than three months, the mobile app is accessible in all languages.
US President Trump elect’s Indian American scientist Sethuraman as director of NSF
- Scientist Sethuraman Panchanathan to lead National Science Foundation, The United States (US) President Donald Trump has chosen Indian-American computer scientist, Sethuraman Panchanathan (58) as director of the National Science Foundation (NSF) of America.
- He will succeed France Anne-Dominic Cordova, who retires in 2020 after completing her 6-year term as director of the institution.
- He is currently serving as the Executive Vice President and Chief Research and Innovation Officer at Arizona State University (ASU). He is also the founding director of the ‘Center for Cognitive Ubiquitous Computing’ at ASU. Panchanathan is also the Vice President of the National Academy of Inventors (NAI) in the US.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Urdu author Mujtaba Hussain to return Padma Shri award
Urdu author Mujtaba Hussain to return Padma Shri award, the 86-year-old Urdu author Mujtaba Hussain from Hyderabad, Telangana had said he will return his Padma Shri award to protest against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA).
He stated due to the current sitiation in the country, he did not want to keep the award anymore.
Archaeologist R. Nagaswamy was honoured at the Silver Jubilee International Conference of Art in Dhaka
- Nagaswamy was honoured at the Silver JubileeArchaeologist R. Nagaswamy was honoured at the Silver Jubilee International Conference of Art in Dhaka by Bangladesh culture minister K.M.Khalid for his contribution to art, archaeology, history and culture.
Maisnam Meiraba Luwang wins Bangladesh Junior International Badminton Series
- India’s shuttler Maisnam Meiraba Luwang has won the Men’s singles Bangladesh Junior International Badminton Series 2019 in Dhaka. Top-seeded Meiraba, who hails from Manipur, beat Ken Yong Ong 21, 14, 21-18 in the final lasting 38 minutes.
- Meiraba had defeated another Malaysian, M Fazriq Mohamad Razif, in the semifinals. He was one of the five Indians in the main draw. Meiraba had also clinched the boys’ singles U-19 title at the Woncheon Yonex Korea Junior Open International Challenge last month.
- In women’s singles, Indian shuttler Treesa Jolly lost to Thailand’s third seed Krittaporn Jiantanet 21-12, 16-21, 21-16 in finals.
Abhinav Lohan wins Bengaluru Open Golf Championship
- Abhinav Lohan lifted PGTI title securing a narrow one-shot triumph at the Bengaluru Open golf championship.
- Lohan shot four-under 68 to take his four-day total to 13-under-275 with seven birdies, a bogey and a double-bogey to show on his card.
- It was Lohan’s first title on the TATA Steel PGTI and second win of the year as he had also emerged victorious at the PGTI Feeder Tour event in Lucknow two months back.
Sweden beats India 4-0 to win U-17 tournament final
- In Women’s Football, Sweden wins tri-nation series beating India 4-0 in the final of Under-17 tournament in Mumbai.
- Sweden scored three goals before half time. Thailand is the third team in the tournament.
India beat West Indies by four wickets in 3rd ODI; clinch series 2-1
- Virat Kohli starred with the bat as India defeated West Indies by four wickets in the third and final ODI of the three-match series at Barabati Stadium in Cuttack. With this win, India won the series 2-1. This is Men in Blue’s tenth consecutive series win over the Windies. Skipper Virat Kohli who scored 85, declared Man of the Match.
- Rohit Sharma had also broken the record for scoring the most number of runs as an opening batsman in a calendar year. Rohit broke the 22 year long period of former Sri Lanka’s batsman Sanath Jayasuria. Earlier, India won the toss and elected to field. After putting to bat, the visitors scored 315 for 5 wickets in the allotted fifty overs.
ICC T20I rankings: Radha retains 2nd position in bowlers’ list as Deepti, Poonam slip
- Left-arm Indian spinner Radha Yadav remained at the second spot but compatriots Deepti Sharma and Poonam Yadav slipped a place each to the fifth and sixth positions in the latest ICC Women’s T20I players rankings.
- Jemimah Rodrigues continued to occupy the fourth spot, while Smriti Mandhana and Harmanpreet Kaur too remained static at the seventh and ninth positions.
- India continued to hold on to the fourth position in the ICC Women’s T20 Team Ranking. Among others, spinner Sophie Ecclestone and opener Amy Jones have attained career-high rankings.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.