DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : December 24, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (December 24 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
India, Iran satisfied with progress of Chabahar Port
- India and Iran have expressed satisfaction at the progress achieved in the operationalization of the Shahid Beheshti Port, Chabahar.
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar and the recognized that it has a potential to act as a gateway between the Indian subcontinent, Iran, Afghanistan, Central Asia and Europe.
- The 19th session of the India-Iran Joint Commission was held in Tehran.
66th National Film Award
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu presented the 66th National Film Awards at a ceremony in New Delhi.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javdekar was also present on the occasion.
- Bollywood stars Ayushmann Khurrana and Vicky Kaushal were jointly awarded the best actor award for their roles in Andhadhun and Uri.
- Keerthy Suresh got the best actress award for her portrayal of yesteryear’s star Savitri in Telugu film Mahanati.
- Gujarati movie Hellaro was awarded for the best feature film.
- Aditya Dhar was awarded with the Best Director award for his debut Uri: The Surgical Strike. Andhadhun was awarded for Best Hindi film.
- Akshay Kumar-starrer Padman was awarded for the best film on social issues.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar said the Dadasaheb Phalke Award will be given to Amitabh Bachchan at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
5th Edition of ARTECH to be held in New Delhi
- The 5th edition of ARTECH is being organised by Indian Army on ‘Technologies for Non-Contact Warfare’ which will be organised on 23 December 2019 at Manekshaw Centre, Delhi Cantonment.
- ARTECH Seminar was launched in 2016 as part of the overall vision of ‘Make in India’ of Hon’ble Prime Minister and is conducted every year as part of events leading to Army Day celebrations.
Urban India declared Open defecation free
- India Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban has achieved its target of creating Urban India Open Defecation Free.
- Urban areas of 35 states and Union Territories have become ODF. In all, 4,320 cities out of 4,372 have declared themselves ODF, of which 4,167 cities have been certified through third-party verification.
- Till date, 819 cities have been certified ODF plus, and 312 cities have been certified ODF plus plus.
- The Ministry has partnered with Google to map all public toilets on Google maps.
Vice President released book ‘Turbulence and Triumph: The Modi Years’
- The Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu released a book titled ‘Turbulence and Triumph: The Modi Years’ in New Delhi.
- The book is jointly authored by Rahul Agarwal and Bharathi S Pradhan and is published by Om Books International.
- The book is about the life journey of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi from his days as a young boy ran Gujarat till becoming the Prime Minister of India.
DNA Analysis Centre inaugurated at CFSL, Chandigarh
- Minister of State (MoS) for Home Affairs Nityanand Rai, inaugurated a State-of-the-Art DNA Analysis Centre at Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), Chandigarh.
- All States and Union Territories (UTs) will be utilizing this facility and will in future set up similar facilities in their respective States for quick disposal of forensic cases referred to them.
- Advanced Forensic DNA Analysis Lab has been established under Nirbhaya Fund scheme.
- It has been set up with an allocation of Rs.99.76 crores and has a capacity of examining 2000 cases per year.
- Directorate of Forensic Science services (DFSS) under Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has ensured that this Centre is fully equipped with modern DNA Profiling tools and equipment.
Dr Sangita Reddy appointed as the President of FICCI for 2019-20 after succeeding Sandip Somany
- Dr Sangita Reddy, Joint Managing Director of Apollo Hospitals Group was appointed as the President of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) for the year 2019-20, during FICCI’s 92nd Annual Convention in New Delhi.
- She succeeds Mr Sandip Somany, Vice Chairman and Managing Director, HSIL Limited.
- FICCI Established- 1927
- Headquarters- New Delhi
Government extends tenure of Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, chairman of NABARD by six months
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), Government of India had extended the tenure of Harsh Kumar Bhanwala, chairman of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) by six months with effect from December 13, 2019.
- In December 2013, he was appointed as the chairman of NABARD by succeeding Prakash Bakshi who retired in September 2013.
Former Kerala Minister Thomas Chandy passes away
- Nationalist Congress Party’s Kerala State President and former Minister Thomas Chandy passed away.
- He represented Kuttanad constituency in Alappuzha district in the state Assembly.
- He was forced to quit as Kerala Transport Minister from the Pinarayi Vijayan-led LDF government in November 2017 after facing encroachment allegations.
Writer and critic LS Sheshagiri Rao passes away
- Kannada writer and critic L.S. Sheshagiri Rao passed away. His first work was Idu Jeevana, an anthology of short stories was released in 1948.
- He is best known for his book “Hosagannada Sahitya Charitre”.
- He was best known for his critical works and an English-Kannada dictionary that he compiled.
- Proficient in Kannada and English, many of his works were bridges between the two languages.
ICC ODI rankings: Virat, Rohit end 2019 at No 1 and 2
- India skipper Virat Kohli and his limited-overs deputy Rohit Sharma will end 2019 as number one and two in the ICC ODI rankings for batsmen.
- Rohit Sharma broke Sanath Jayasuriya’s 22-year-old record for most runs in a calendar year by an opener in all formats while skipper Virat Kohli reaffirmed his supreme status by finishing as the leading run-getter in 2019.
Rafael Nadal and Barty named 2019 ITF World Champions
- Ashleigh Barty and Rafael Nadal were named International Tennis Federation’s (ITF) World Champions in singles for 2019.
- The awards will be given at the 2020 ITF world champions 2nd June, in Paris.
|Men Singles||Rafael Nadal (Spain)|
|Women Singles||Ashleigh Barty (Australia)|
|Women Doubles||Timea Babos (Hungary) and Kristina Mladenovic (France)|
|Men Doubles||Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah (Colombia)|
|Men’s Wheelchair||Gustavo Fernandez (Argentina)|
|Women’s Wheelchair||Diede de Groot (Netherland)|
|Quad||Dylan Alcott (Australia)|
Belgium won FIFA Team of the Year
- Belgium has been crowned FIFA ‘Team of the Year’ for the second successive time after a record-breaking year for the global ladder.
- World champions France remains in the second place ahead of Brazil in third.
- Besides accumulating the biggest points haul, Qatar has also jumped a year-high 38 places, followed closely by fellow climbers Algeria (up 32 ranks) and Japan (up 22 places).
- President of FIFA: Gianni Infantino
- Founded: 21 May 1904.
- Headquarters: Zürich, Switzerland.
Indian weightlifter Rakhi creates two new national records
- Indian weightlifter Rakhi Halder with creating two new national records clinched a bronze medal in the women’s 64kg weight category at the Qatar International Cup in Doha.
- The Commonwealth Championship gold medallist superseded the senior national record in both snatch and total lift with her personal best effort of 218kg 95kg in the snatch with 123 kg in clean and jerk last night.
- At the Commonwealth Championship in June, Halder had clinched the gold with a combined effort of 214kg including 94kg and 120kg in clean and jerk.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.