Daily Current Affairs: February 13, 14 & 15, 2021
Daily Current Affairs (February 13, 14 & 15, 2021) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK, and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Also, Don’t forget to attend the Daily Current Affairs Quiz – February 13, 14 & 15, 2021, now @ our Bankersdaily Tests.
National Productivity Day- February 12
- National Productivity Day is observed annually on February 12. It is observed to create awareness about productivity, so that maximum output with optimum utilization of resources can be planned and achieved. The day was organised by the National Productivity Council (NPC). National Productivity Week was also observed from February 12 to 18.
- Theme 2021: “Udyog Manthan for Productivity.”
World Radio Day- February 13
- World Radio Day is celebrated on 13 February each year. The Day is to recognize radio as a powerful medium. It was decided by UNESCO on 3rd November 2011 during its 36th
- The theme this year is divided into three sub-parts: Evolution (The world changes, radio evolves), Innovation (The world changes, radio adapts and innovates), and Connection: The world changes, radio connects.
- Theme 2021: “New World, New Radio”.
National Women’s Day- February 13
- National Women’s Day is celebrated every year on February 13 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sarojini Naidu, also known as the Nightingale of India.
- She was an activist for women’s rights, she was the first Indian woman President of the INC (Indian National Congress) the first woman to hold the office of Governor in the Dominion of India
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to address NASSCOM Technology and Leadership Forum
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the 29th edition NASSCOM Technology and Leadership Forum (NTLF) via video conferencing. It is the flagship event of the National Association of Software and Service Companies (NASSCOM).
- The theme of this year’s event is ‘Shaping the future towards a better normal’.
World Bank Signs Project worth $100 million to Support Nutrition-Supportive Agriculture in Tribal-Dominated Areas of Chhattisgarh
- The government of India and the World Bank signed a $100 million CHIRAAG project to develop sustainable production systems that allow tribal households in remote areas of Chhattisgarh to practice round-the-year production of diversified and nutritious food.
- The CHIRAAG (Chhattisgarh Inclusive Rural and Accelerated Agriculture Growth) project will benefit over 180,000 households from about 1,000 villages in eight districts of Chhattisgarh.
- Capital: Raipur.
- Chief Minister: Bhupesh Baghel.
- Governor: Anusuiya Uikey.
A three-day Annual Convention of the Association of Domestic Tour Operators of India starts at Kevadia in Gujarat
- Union Minister of State (IC) for Tourism & Culture Prahlad Singh Patel virtually inaugurated the 10th Annual Convention of Association of Domestic Tour Operators of India (ADTOI) is held at Kevadia in Gujarat.
- The slogan of ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ by the Prime Minister has given a boost to domestic tourism stated Union Minister of State (IC) for Tourism & Culture, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel.
- The theme of the 3-day Annual convention is ‘Domestic Tourism – Hope for the revival- Dekho Apna Desh’.
- Capital: Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
- Governor: Acharya Devvrat
- National Park: Blackbuck NP, Vansda NP, Gir Forest NP, Marine NP, Gulf of Kutch.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates more than 57,000 water structures in Madhya Pradesh under the ‘Jalabhishekam’ campaign
- Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh virtually inaugurated more than 57,000 water structures constructed in Madhya Pradesh under the ‘Jalabhishekam’ campaign from New Delhi. Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar also attended the program virtually organised in the presence of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan at Bhopal.
- These water structures cost over 2,000 crore and will irrigate 2.50 lakh hectares of land without submerging an inch of land.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Anandiben Patel (Additional Charge).
‘COVID Warrior Memorial’ to be built at Biju Patnaik Park in Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- Health and Family Welfare Department of Odisha announced to build a ‘COVID-19 Warrior Memorial’ at a portion of the Biju Patnaik Park in Bhubaneswar to recognise sacrifice and service rendered by COVID-19 warriors. The state government of Odisha has set a target to complete the COVID Warrior Memorial by August 15, 2021.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Festivals: Dhanu Yatra, Budi Thakurani Yatra, Magha Saptami, Chhau, Dola Purnima.
- Folk Dances: Chhau, Gotipua, Ghumura, Ranappa, Chaiti Ghoda, Sambalpuri.
Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of Maharaja Suheldev Memorial and development work of Chittaura Lake in Uttar Pradesh
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually laid the foundation stone of Maharaja Suheldev Memorial and development work of Chittaura Lake in Bahraich, Uttar Pradesh.
- The complete project will include the installation of an equestrian statue of Maharaja Suheldev and the development of various tourist amenities like a cafeteria, guest house, and a children’s park.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- National Park: Dudhwa National Park (Tiger Reserve)
- Zoological park: Shaheed Ashfaq Ullah Khan Prani Udyan (Gorakhpur), Kanpur Zoological Park, Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden.
Prime Minister Modi handed over indigenously designed and manufactured Arjun Main Battle Tank to the Indian Army
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has undertaken a massive effort to become self-reliant in the defence sector. The Prime Minister handed over the indigenously designed and manufactured Arjun Main Battle Tank (MK-1A) to the Army.
- It has been indigenously designed and manufactured by the Combat Vehicles Research and Development Establishment of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveils several development projects worth Rs 6100 crore in Kerala
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled several key development projects worth 6,100 crore rupees at INS Garuda Naval Air Station at Kochi, Kerala.
- Prime Minister also inaugurated the country’s first full-fledged international cruise terminal, Sagarika at Cochin Port and Marine Engineering Training Institute of Cochin Shipyard Ltd.
- Modi also dedicated to the nation the Ro-Ro Vessels at Willingdon Islands in Kochi.
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammed Khan.
Centre allowed all types of steel to be used for highway construction
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued orders that all types of steel (ore, billets, pellets, or melting of scrap) will be allowed for the construction of highways in the country.
- This aims to reduce the costs through the use of new technology, reducing restrictions on suppliers, and making the procurement system transparent.
Ministry of AYUSH implemented Holistic treatment under AYUSH
- Ministry of AYUSH is implementing Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National AYUSH Mission (NAM) through State/UT Governments and providing financial assistance to them as per the proposals submitted through their respective State Annual Action Plans (SAAPs).
- Under NAM States/UTs are implementing different activities like the supply of essential drugs/Medicines to the patients, Public Health Outreach Activity, School Health Programme, AYUSH Gram, etc. to promote holistic treatment under AYUSH to improve the general health and immunity.
Minority Affairs Ministry organising 26th Hunar Haat’ at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi
- Minority Affairs Ministry is organising the 26th Hunar Haat of indigenous artisans and craftsmen from across the country at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
- Hunar Haat will also be available at virtual and online platform hunarhaat.organd on GeM Portal. It was held under the theme of ‘Vocal for Local’.
- Minister of Minority Affairs: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
11th edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav inaugurated at Cooch Behar, West Bengal
- Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism, Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the 11thRashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav at Cooch Behar Palace in West Bengal. Governor of West Bengal Jagdeep Dhankhar also presents the event.
- The flagship festival has been instrumental in showcasing, folk and tribal art, dance, music, cuisines & culture of one state in other states reinforcing the cherished goal of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat” and at the same time providing an effective platform to the artists and artisans to support their livelihood.
Exim Bank to provide $400 million for the Maldives for Connectivity project
- Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank) will provide $400 million to the Maldives to fund Greater Male Connectivity Project. The 6.7 km Greater Male Connectivity Project (GMCP) will be the largest civilian infrastructure project in Maldives, connecting Male with three neighbouring islands Villingili, Gulhifahu and Thilafushi.
- India will fund the implementation of a major connectivity project in Maldives through a USD 400 million line of credit and USD 100 million
UAE makes history as ‘Hope Probe’ successfully enters orbit around Mars
- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) made history as its first-ever interplanetary ‘Hope Probe mission’ successfully entered orbit around Mars.
- This success has made UAE the only fifth country in history to reach the red planet and the Arab nation’s first interplanetary mission. Before this, only United States, Soviet Union, Europe, and India have achieved this feat.
Banking and Economy
IRDAI advised all insurance companies for issuance of Digital Insurance Policies via DigiLocker
- Insurance Regulatory Authority of India (IRDAI) has advised all insurance companies for issuance of Digital Insurance Policies via DigiLocker. This facility enables policyholders to use digilocker for preserving all their policy documents.
- Digilocker team in NeGD (National e-Governance Division) under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology will provide necessary technical guidance and logistic support to facilitate adoption of Digi locker.
IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority):
- Headquarters: Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Chairman: Subhash Chandra Khuntia.
Science and Technology
ISRO and MapMyIndia Collaborate to build alternative of Google maps
- The ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) and MapmyIndia, announced an initiative to partner together to offer fully indigenous, mapping portal and geospatial services.
- The new collaboration will use MapmyIndia’s digital maps and technologies with ISRO’s catalogue of satellite imagery and earth observation data. The company claims that this is the most exhaustive digital map database of the country, created entirely indigenously over the last 25 years.
Former European Central Bank chief Mario Draghi sworn in as new prime minister of Italy
- The former European Central Bank chief Mario Draghi has been sworn in as prime minister of Italy. He replaces Giuseppe Conte, who resigned recently after losing majority support from his coalition government over his handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The 73-year-old had served as President of the European Central Bank from 2011 to 2019.
- Capital: Rome.
- President: Sergio Mattarella.
- Prime Minister: Mario Draghi.
Marc Llistosella appointed as new CEO and MD of Tata Motors
- Marc Llistosella has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of Tata Motors Ltd. He will assume the new role later this year from July 1.
- Llistosella replaces Guenter Butschek who served Tata Motors in the same role for the last five years.
Books and Authors
Former Union Minister Jual Oram Launches a book titled ‘Turn Around India: 2020- Surmounting Past Legacy’ authored by R.P. Gupta
- Former Union Minister Jual Oram launched a book titled “Turn Around India: 2020- Surmounting Past Legacy”, authored by P. Gupta.
- The book is an intimate narrative of Gupta’s experiences and how he attained success through sheer hard work and determination. It was published by Himalaya Publishing House.
A book title “Unfinished:” a Memoir authored by Priyanka Chopra
- Indian actress and former miss world Priyanka Chopra Jonas will become a published author of her own memoir ‘Unfinished’. The book will trace Chopra Jonas’ remarkable 20-year-long journey as an actor, producer, and her stint as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
Can you score 20/20 in Today’s Current Affairs Quiz? Attempt the Current Affairs Quiz of February 13, 14 & 15, 2021, now from the link given below.