DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 13, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 13, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (February 13, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Attend the Current Affairs Quiz of February 13, 2019, from the link that is provided below.
NITI Aayog signs agreement to document systemic transformation in education :
- The NITI Aayog signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) with the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF) to codify, document and share best practices to improve learning outcomes in public school education through systemic reforms, based on their collective experiences of working with various state governments in India.
- The NITI Aayog was established with the core mandate of promoting cooperative and competitive federalism through evidence-based policy reform and knowledge inputs. ng sustainable education systems.
- The SOI was signed in the presence of NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant, by Alok Kumar, Adviser (HRD), NITI Aayog and Barun Mohanty, Managing Director (International), MSDF.
STATIC : NITI Aayog
NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar
CEO- Amitabh Kant.
Jharkhand banned Popular Front of India :
- The Jharkhand government banned the Popular Front of India (PFI) in the State to curb its anti-national activities and for links with terror outfits like the IS.
- The PFI has been banned with immediate effect under the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 1908.
- The PFI has been involved in spreading social division, anti-India and pro-Pakistan slogans, links with Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and Jama’at Mujahideen Bangladesh (JMB).
`Exercise Rahat´ for disaster relief Concluded In Jaipur :
- Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Exercise `Exercise Rahat´ concluded in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It was demonstrated in Jaipur, Kota, and Alwar in Rajasthan.
- With a view to co-operating efforts for humanitarian assistance and Disaster Relief operations, NDMA coordinated the exercise.
- Indian Army was represented by Jaipur based Sapta Shakti Command. Representatives from Armed Forces, National Disaster Management Response Mechanism (NDMRM), SDMA Rajasthan and DLMAs participated in the exercise.
STATIC : Rajasthan
Chief Minister – Ashok Gehlot
Governor – Kalyan Singh.
BPRD to organize 2nd National Conference of Micro Missions of National Police Mission in New Delhi :
- Bureau of Police Research and Development, BPRD will organize the 2nd National Conference of Micro Missions of National Police Mission in New Delhi.Former Governor of Jammu and Kashmir N. N.Vohra will inaugurate the conference.
- The two day Conference will discuss the issues of Skills and Competence at the grass-root level, Attitudinal Changes in Police, Gender Sensitization, harnessing technology and Community Policing.
I&B Ministry organised first annual conference of its media units in New Delhi :
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting hosted the first annual conference of media units in New Delhi with a motive to discuss on emerging areas of communication paradigm.
- The opening session of the conference was chaired by Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Rathore in Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Its is a unique platform to discuss and strengthen the synergy between the media units in order to ensure last mile delivery.
First Investor Conference ASCEND 2019 in Conducted Kochi :
- Kochi hosted the first investor conference ASCEND 2019 to showcase industry friendly initiatives. The conference displayed landmark administrative and policy reforms that improved ease of doing business in Kerala.The Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation(KSIDC) has conducted the conference in Kochi.
- The objective of the conference was to bring into sharp focus a governance that is transparent, efficient and simplified. It facilitates business and investments by reducing bureaucratic procedures.
STATIC : Kerala
Capital : Thiruvananthapuram
Chief Minister : Pinarayi Vijayan
Governor : Sathasivam
The 2 day National Conference on Unani Medicine organized in New Delhi :
- The two-day National Conference on Unani Medicine organized by the Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM) as a part of 3rd Unani Day Celebration in New Delhi concluded with the note that integration and synergy of all medical systems is the need of the hour to address the health challenges.
- The conference elaborated the contributions and potentials of Unani Medicine in public health and highlighted that it provides effective treatment for many diseases that are not effectively treated in other medical systems.
- The conference witnessed exchange of MoU for scientific collaboration in Unani Medicine between CCRUM and Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi.
CREDAI’s Event ‘YouthCon-19’ Held In New Delhi :
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, will address the CREDAI YouthCon -19, on 13 February 2019, at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi. The event is organized by the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Association of India (CREDAI).
- YouthCon is the annual Youth Conclave of CREDAI, held to bring together the future of the real estate Industry in India.
- Established in 1999, CREDAI is the apex body representing real-estate developers from over 200 cities in India.
Odisha to host international dam safety conference :
- The 5th International Dam Safety Conference–2019 is being held in Bhubaneswar as a joint initiative of the Government of India, Government of Odisha and the World Bank under aegis of the ongoing World Bank assisted Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) as a part of institutional strengthening.
- Dam Safety Conferences are being organized as an annual event in different DRIP States in collaboration with the Implementing Agencies and leading academic institutes to provide a common platform for all stakeholders including non-DRIP States.
- This programme is based on the safety and maintenance issues of old dams and the international conference is a part of it.
1st Human Rights Conference 2019 – LAWASIA Held In New Delhi :
- LAWASIA, in association with the Bar Association of India, is pleased to invite the participation of members and legal professionals at the 1st LAWASIA Human Rights Conference to be held in New Delhi, India.
- The theme of the Conference is “State Power, Business and Human Rights: Contemporary Challenges”.
- The Conference was held with a motive to explore a broad range of human rights issues of relevance in the Asia Pacific region.
BANKING & ECONOMY
NTPC Signs Pact With SBI For Rs 5000 crore Term Loan :
- State-owned power giant NTPC announced that it has signed a term loan agreement for Rs 5,000 crore with State Bank of India.
- The loan facility is extended at an interest rate linked to 3-Month MCLR of the Bank.This loan has a door to door tenure of 15 years and will be utilised to part finance the capital expenditure of NTPC.
AWARDS & HONOURS
Indian Historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam Wins Israel’s Million Dollar Dan David Prize :
- Indian Historian Sanjay Subrahmanyam won Israel’s prestigious Dan David Prize in the category ‘Past time dimension’ for his work in macro history.
- Subrahmanyam won the prize for his work on ‘Inter-cultural encounters between Asians, Europeans and people of North and South America during the early modern era’.
- He shared the USD 1 million award in the ‘Past time dimension’ category with Prof Kenneth Pomeranz of the University of Chicago.
STATIC : Israel
Capital : Jerusalem
Currency : New Shekel
Prime Minister : Benjamin Netanyahu
Malay and Arindam Chaudhari’s new book ‘What Marx Left Unsaid’ released by Manish Tewari :
- Indian Politician and author, Manish Tewari, launched ‘What Marx Left Unsaid’ – Production of Skills by Means of Skills, authored by Dr. Malay Chaudhari, Dr. Arindam Chaudhari and Che Kabir Chaudhari at Indian International Centre, New Delhi.
- The book speaks about why human beings must earn as per their skills, which will in turn determine their ability to contribute to society.
Prajnesh Gunneswaran becomes 3rd Indian To Reach Top-100 of Men’s Singles Tennis Rankings :
- Prajnesh Gunneswaran made it to the top-100 of Men’s Singles Tennis rankings with a jump of six places that took him to 97.
- Prajnesh is the third Indian player to break into the top-100 barrier in the past decade after Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri.
- In the doubles, Rohan Bopanna stayed put at 37 and was followed by his partner Divij Sharan at 39.
13 February : World Radio Day 2019
- World Radio Day is being celebrated on 13 February by UNESCO all over the world.The theme of World Radio Day 2019 is “Dialogue, Tolerance and Peace”.
- World Radio Day marks a time where people around the world celebrate radio and how it shapes our lives. Radio informs, transforms and unites us.
- It brings together people and communities from all backgrounds to foster positive dialogue for change.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.