DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 23, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 23, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (February 23, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
First Sikaria Mega Food Park of Tripura Inaugurated in Agartala:
- Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti inaugurated Sikaria Mega Food Park Pvt Ltd at Village Tulakona in Agartala.
- This is the 17th Mega Food Park in the country and first in the state of Tripura.The Park will also provide direct and indirect employment to 5000 people and benefit about 25000 farmers.
STATIC : Tripura
CM: Biplab Kumar Deb,
Governor: Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki.
Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana of Madhya Pradesh :
- The government of Madhya Pradesh has launched the Mukhyamantri Yuva Swabhiman Yojana to provide employment for youth.
- The scheme guarantees 100 days of employment every year to urban youths from economically weaker sections (EWS).The youth would get Rs 4,000 stipend per month and total Rs 13,500 for the 100 days period would be provided.
Rajnath Singh inaugurates Waste to Wonder Park in Delhi :
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated a new park which houses the replicas of seven wonders of the world at Sarai Kale Khan.The park, which is called the ‘Waste to Wonder Park’, was built by the South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC).
- The replicas of all seven wonders of world has been built with eco-friendly, self sustainable material, and has its own solar and wind power generation.
- It is the first-of-its-kind tourist attraction in the world, with the replicas of the Taj Mahal, the Great Pyramid of Giza, Eiffel Tower, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Christ the Redeemer statue of Rio de Janeiro, Rome’s Colosseum, and the Statute of Liberty which were opened for the public at the inauguration.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes Set Up Panel To Help Bring Down Tax Litigation :
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has formed a four-member committee, headed by income tax commissioner Sanjeev Sharma to look into the matter of taxation-related pain points and cut down the number of tax litigations.
- The committee is looking to tackle the issue in a two-prong way – addressing some current pain points and recommending some steps borrowed from international best practices.
Yogi Adityanath Launches Scheme for Adolescent Girls (SAG) in UP :
- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched Scheme for Adolescent girls in Uttar Pradesh.The scheme focuses on girls aged between 11 to 14 years who have left studies and will take steps for proper nutrition and special care for them.
- The state government also decided to observe Adolescent girls day on 8th of every month at Anganwadi centres across the state.State Government will also launch Nutrition Campaign for the adolescent girls on 8th March
STATIC : Uttar Pradesh
Capital : Lucknow
Chief Minister : Yogi Adityanath
Governor : Sri Ram Naik
Odisha to provide free sanitary napkins to 17 lakh girl students :
- The Odisha government As part of its initiatives to empower women, launched the ‘Khushi‘ scheme to provide free sanitary napkins to school girls across the state at the cost of INR 466 crore in a period of 5 years.
- The scheme will be implemented by the health and family welfare department of the state at a cost of 70 crore per year.Under the scheme, the state will provide free sanitary napkins to 17 lakh girls studying in Classes 6 to 12 in government and government-aided schools
CM: Naveen Patnaik,
Governor: Ganeshi Lal.
National Conference on Logistics Policy held in New Delhi :
- The“National Conference on Logistics Policy: Context, Issues & The Way Forward”was held in New Delhi.
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu, addressed the first stakeholder consultation on the draft logistics policy prepared by the Department of Logistics of the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
- He also launched the SAFAR Mobile App which will help to gauge the actual issues faced by transporters on the road.
The Two day Regional Maritime Safety Conference 2019 held in Mumbai :
- The 2-day long Regional Maritime Safety Conference 2019 was held in Mumbai to discuss maritime safety in the India-ASEAN sub-region, safeguarding our shores and promoting maritime trade.
- It was organized by India for the first time, by the National Maritime Foundation (NMF), in coordination with Ministry of Shipping and Ministry of External Affairs.
- It addressed a range of issues that affect regional maritime safety, including transport safety, maritime law, ship building, transportation of hazardous goods, marine oil spill, pollution and environmental safety.
Taiwan unveils Asia’s first draft law on same-sex marriage :
- The proposed law gives same-sex couples similar legal protections for marriage as heterosexuals. The new bill has also been met with criticism from conservative groups that oppose same-sex unions.
- The bill is a first for Asia, a region not generally known for upholding LGBT rights.
SpaceX Rocket Launches 1st Private Moon Lander for Israel :
- Israel’s first moon lander, the 585 kg “Beresheet” (“Genesis” in Hebrew), was launched atop a Falcon 9 rocket from the private US-based SpaceX in Florida, United States.
- At a cost of USD 100 million, it is the lowest-budget spacecraft to ever undertake such a mission. It is part of renewed global interest in the Moon, sometimes called the “Eighth Continent” of the Earth.
BANKING & ECONOMY
IIFL Home Finance, Maharashtra govt sign MoU for building houses under PMAY :
- An Memorandum of Understanding was signed between IIFL Home Finance and the Maharashtra government for building affordable houses through credit-linked subsidy scheme (CLSS) under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
- The Housing Department of Maharashtra will provide permissions and enable IIFL Home Finance (IIFL HFL) to spread awareness among customers about the benefits of PMAY through presentations, counselling, calls and messages.
India’s Mushtaque Ahmad elected as Vice-President of AHF:
- India’s Mohd Mushtaque Ahmad was elected Vice-President of the Asian Hockey Federation(AHF) and Asima Ali was elected as the Executive Committee member, for a 4-year term in Gifu, Japan.
- Mushtaque Ahmad is currently serving as the President of Hockey India, while Asima Ali is the Vice-President of the national federation.
AWARDS & HONOURS
Divya Karnad first Indian woman to receive Future of Nature award :
- Divya Karnad became the First Indian Woman to be honoured with the ‘Future for Nature Award’ for her work on marine conservation. She is the second Indian to receive this award after Dr. Charudutt Mishra.
- It is a prestigious international award that celebrates achievements in protecting wild animals and plant species.The award is given to 3 people annually, and this year it was given to Oliver Nsengimana and Fernanda Abra along with Divya Karnad.
World Thinking Day : February 22
- The World Thinking Day is celebrated every year around the world on 22nd February by Girl Scouts and Girl Guides. The day is celebrated to appreciate the help and guidance of brothers and sisters around the world.
- The theme of World Thinking Day 2019 is ‘Leadership’. The aim is to learn the different ways to be a leader and develop the power to bring the change a person wants to see in the world.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.