DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 7, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 7, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (February 7,2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness , Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Maharashtra govt sets up panel to review welfare schemes for tribals :
- The Maharashtra government has set up a committee to review various schemes implemented for the welfare of tribals in the state.
- The 17-member committee, headed by former MLA and Shramjeevi Sanghatna president Vivek Pandit, will undertake study of various works done for providing employment opportunities, minimum wages and proper livelihood to tribals.
Chief minister – Devendra Fadnavis Trending
Capital – Mumbai
Governor – C. Vidyasagar Rao
Swachh Bharat Mission launches ‘Darwaza Band – Part 2’ campaign:
- The “Darwaza Band- Part 2” campaign was launched by Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen focuses on sustaining the open defecation free status of villages across the country.
- The campaign launched by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in Mumbai in the presence of actor Amitabh Bachchan.
- The World Bank also supported the Darwaza Band -Part 2. Earlier Darwaza Band campaign was launched in 2017.
AYUSH Minister inaugurated Conference of State AYUSH :
- The Ministry of AYUSH organised Second Conference of State AYUSH and Health Ministers conference in New Delhi.
- It was inaugurated by the Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge) and Health & Family Welfare Shripad Yesso Naik.
- The programme is inaugurated to discuss about National AYUSH Mission (MAM), Integration of AYUSH services in Ayushman Bharat, Medicinal Plants, Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homeopathy educational Institutes, Quality Control of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homeopathy drugs, Drugs Central Sector Schemes and special programmes and projects.
India introduces pre-departure orientation for migrant workers :
- A Pre-Departure Orientation Training (PDOT) programme has been launched by Government to orient potential migrant workers with regard to culture, language, do’s and don’ts in the emigration process and safety measures.
- This PDOT has been administered by the Ministry of External Affairs in alliance with the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- PDOT has been conducted under Pravasi Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PKVY) and The National Skill Development Corporation is the devising agency for this programme.
Indian Coast Guard signs MoU with AAI for maritime search and rescue :
- Indian Coast Guard and the Airport Authority of India signed a Memorandum of Understanding at Coast Guard Regional Headquarters in Port Blair in the presence of Inspector General Maneesh Vishal Pathak for coordination in the aeronautical and maritime search and rescue operations.
- Mou is aimed at strengthening mutual interactions, interoperability and validating procedures during conduct of search and rescue operations jointly by the Rescue Coordination Centre (RCC) Kolkata, Airport Authority of India (AAI) and Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre (MRCC) in Port Blair.
- The MoU is one of the various steps taken by Coast Guard Headquarters, New Delhi and AAI towards harmonisation of Aeronautical and Maritime search and rescue in accordance with the International Aeronautical Maritime Search And Rescue(IAMSAR) standards.
App of world’s largest health insurance- PM-JAY launched :
- World’s largest cashless health insurance scheme “ the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY)”, popularly known as the Ayushman Bharat launched PM-JAY app on Google play store to access scheme details in New Delhi.
- It was launched by Indu Bhushan ,CEO of PM-JAY.This scheme aims at making interventions in primary, secondary and tertiary care systems, covering both preventive and promotive health, to address healthcare holistically.
- The PM-JAY has been plagued by fraudulent apps which lure smartphone users and redirect them to pay under false promises of enrollment in the scheme.
Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas Inaugurates 2019 Asia LPG Summit organized by World LPG Association:
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister for petroleum and natural gas, inaugurated the 2019 Asia LPG summit in New Delhi.
- This two-day event will focus on ‘LPG – Energy for Life.’India is the second largest consumer of liquified natural gas (LPG) in the world under the flagship ‘Ujjwala’ scheme, and in take of LPG in households is providing access to cleaner cooking fuel .
Air India’s first ever Flight Simulator was exhibited in Nehru Science Centre, Mumbai:
- Air India’s First ever Flight Simulator known as ‘Boeing 747-200’ was exhibited in Nehru Science Centre,Mumbai.
- The Simulator was acquired by Air India in 1980,which is designed and manufactured by the CAE(Canadian Aviation Electronics),Canada.
BANKING & ECONOMY
IBA advisory for banks to waive off processing, documentation, inspection, other service charges for KCC :
- Indian Banking Association (IBA) has marked the advisory recommendations from banks to exempt farmers from processing, documentation, inspection, ledger folio charge and various service charges for Kisan Credit Card loans upto Rs. 3 Lakhs.
- Kisan Credit Card aims to provide adequate and timely monetary help from banks to farmers to meet short term credit requirement for agriculture purposes.
- Government will launch campaign through various financial institutions for financial inclusion with spontaneous effect to farmers.
Fino Payments Bank partners with Suryoday Small Finance Bank to offer sweep account facility :
- Fino Payments banks announced the launch of a sweep account facility in association with Suryoday Small Finance Bank.
- As per Reserve Bank of India, Payments banks can only take deposits upto ₹ 1 lakhs but this partnership will allow customer to seamlessly transfer the excess amount from their Fino payment bank (FPB) account to Suryoday Small Finance bank (SSFB) account.
- The Customer who wants to use Sweep Account Facility needs to activate the facility by FPB’s Mobile App or by visiting FPB’s branch.
STATIC: Suryoday Small Finance Bank
CEO & MD: R Baskar Babu
Headquarters: Navi Mumbai
AWARDS & HONOURS
SBI UK chief awarded ‘Freedom of the City of London’ :
- The State Bank of India’s Uk chief Shri Sanjiv Chadha has been honoured with the ‘Freedom of the City Of London’ by city of London Corporation.
- Sanjiv Chadha was nominated for the honour by Lord Mayor of London Peter Estlin and Sheriff Vincent Keaveny.Sanjiv Chadha took up the position in 2014 and he will be succeeded by Sharad Chandak.
- Pt.Jawaharlal Nehru was the previous Indian recipient of this award and other recipient includes author JK Rowling and actor Dame Judi Dench.
STATIC : SBI
Chairman: Shri Rajnish Kumar
EY announced the finalists for ‘Entrepreneur of the Year 2018’ awards :
- Ernest and Young,the global professional services organisation, released a list of 16 country’s ‘most exceptional’ entrepreneurs as finalists for the ’20th Entrepreneur of the Year India 2018′ award.
- Azim Premji, Chairman of Wipro Ltd will be felicitated with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The national winner will represent India at the EY World Entrepreneur of the Year Award (WEOY) in Monte Carlo from 5 – 9 June 2019.
Rahul Jain appointed as new ICF GM :
- Former Assistant General Manager at Western Railway,Rahul Jain took charge as the General Manager of Integral Coach Factory.
- He succeeded Sudhanshu Mani ,who is known as the architect of India’s first self-propelled long distance “Train 18″.
* Note: Train 18 known as “Vande Bharat Express”
Pradeep Singh Kharola appointed Civil Aviation secretary :
- Air India chief Pradeep Singh Kharola has been appointed Civil Aviation secretary. He will succeed Rajiv Nayan Choubey who retired,after the resignation he took over as member in the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Odisha MP Ladu Kishore Swain passes away :
- Biju Janata Dal (BJD) MP, Ladu Kishore Swain passed away at the age of 71 due to kidney-related ailments in Bhubaneswar.
- Ladu Kishore Swain was member of the Odisha Legislative Assembly from 2004 to 2009 and also the President of CARD Bank from 1992-95.