DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 6, 2019
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: FEBRUARY 6, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (February 6,2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness , Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Punjab govt sets up committee to boost dairy sector :
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh announced setting up a high-powered committee to boost dairy sector for supplementing farmers’ income in a result-oriented manner.
- The committee will consist of the Chairman of the State Farmers Commission, Director Animal Husbandry, Director Dairy Development and a representative of Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU).
- It will suggest measures to promote diversification of agriculture with an aim of enhancing farmers’ income from allied sources.It stressed on the need to motivate farmers to switch to allied farming for economic viability.
STATIC : Punjab
Capital : Chandigarh
Governor :V.P. Singh Badnore
Chief Minister : Amarinder Singh
Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey chairs 6th meeting of Mission Steering Group of NHM :
- Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare chaired the 6th meeting of the Mission Steering Group of the National Health Mission (NHM) in New Delhi.
- Dr. V K Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog, Smt Preeti Sudan, Secretary (HFW) and Shri Manoj Jhalani, AS & MD (NHM), were also present at the meeting.
- The meeting highlighted that the centre is providing funds to all the 36 states/UTs to provide essential drugs free of cost in public health facilities and to set up IT-backed systems for drug procurement and quality assurance.
NFDC Declared Winner by MSME For Promotion of SC/ST Entrepreneurs:
- National Film Development Corporation(NDFC) of India has been selected as Winner under the Miniratna Category (Category II) by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) towards promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- This has been done as part of endeavour by Ministry of MSME to felicitate select CPSEs to recognize their exemplary work towards promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- The performance parameters for the same were procurement from SC/ST entrepreneurs, number of vendor development programmes for SC/ST and number of SC/ST entrepreneurs benefitted as per data uploaded on Sambandh Portal.
Government launches Shehri Samridhi Utsav to extend outreach of DAY-NULM :
- The Union Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the Shehri Samridhi Utsav, an initiative that aims to extend the outreach of Deendayal Antyodaya Mission – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) to the most vulnerable.
- The event will facilitate access of Self-Help Group (SHG) members to the other government schemes.A major highlight of Shehri Samridhi Utsav is the National Exhibition cum sale of SHG products and National Street Food Festival that will be organised in New Delhi.These rallies spread awareness about DAY-NULM in urban poor communities.
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (state)- Hardeep Singh Puri
First State Level Awareness Programme on Agri Export Policy Held in Pune :
- First State Level Awareness Programme on Agriculture Export Policy to create awareness among farmers and stakeholders held in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The Export Policy was Created by the State Governments and the Policy will be implemented in the respective State Agriculture and horticulture departments.
- Union cabinet approved the Agriculture Export Policy 2018 with an Objective of Doubling Farmers income by 2022.
AFMC, Pune organises 67th Annual Armed Forces Medical Conference :
- The Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune organized the 67th Annual Armed Forces Medical Conference which is the largest gathering and the only multi-specialty conference of its kind in the country. The conference will conclude on 8th February 2019.
- The 4 day conference which was organised under the supervision of Surg Vice Admiral Ravi Kalra was inaugurated by Lt Gen Bipin Puri, Director General, Armed Forces Medical Services.
- The conference witnessed the marking of platinum jubilee year of the Medical Journal Armed Forces India (MJAFI) which is the official quarterly Journal published by the Armed Forces Medical Services of India and contains high quality biomedical multi-speciality research from doctor scientists across the world.
World Heritage Centre coming up in Mayapur in West Bengal :
- International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) decided to set up a World Heritage Centre housing ‘spiritual camps’ in 45 countries,one of which is to be set up in Mayapur in West Bengal.The estimated cost of this project is 3000 crores.
Pune to host second edition of Words Count festival 2019 :
- The second edition of World Count festival 2019 was held in Pune, Maharashtra.The Festival, was hosted by the award -winning screenwriter, author and columnist Advita Kala.
- Pavan Kumar Verma,A career diplomat and famous writer was honored with first Word Smith Award 2019 for his contribution in Indian Literature.
- This festival is held with a motive to bring together speakers from several socio-political spheres and share their insights on various issues.
STATIC : Maharashtra
Governor: C. Vidyasagar Rao
Chief minister: Devendra Fadnavis
India successfully launches 40th communication satellite GSAT-31 from French Guiana:
- Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro)’s 40th communication satellite Gsat-31 was successfully launched by European launch services provider- Arianespace rocket from the European spaceport in French Guiana.
- This satellite will augment the Ku-band transponder capacity in Geostationary Orbit.GSAT-31 will be used for supporting VSAT networks, Television uplinks, Digital Satellite News Gathering, DTH-television services, cellular backhaul connectivity and many such applications.
- It also provides wide beam coverage to facilitate communication over large oceanic region, comprising large parts of Arabian Sea, Bay of Bengal and Indian Ocean, using a wide band transponder.
India and Poland signed MoU in the field of coal mining and clean coal technologies :
- The Ministry of Coal, Government of India signed an MoU with Ministry of Energy, Republic of Poland in-order to foster relations in the field of coal mining and clean coal technologies.
- The MoU was signed between Sh. Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary, Hon’ble Minister of State for Coal and Mines and Mr. Grzegorz Tobiszowski, Secretary of State, Ministry of Energy, Republic of Poland.
- The objective of MoU includes: promoting trade and investment in the coal sector, enhancing the understanding of coal related energy issues, clean coal technologies.
STATIC : Poland
Currency: Polish Zloty
BANKING & ECONOMY
RBI Penalised on Axis Bank, UCO Bank and Syndicate Bank for violation of norms :
- Axis Bank, UCO Bank and Syndicate Bank are Penalised with a total of Rs.5.2 Crore by RBI Bank for violating the guidelines in regulatory compliance.
- Axis Bank and UCO Bank has been imposed with a Penalty of Rs.2 Crore each for their not commiting with the norms related to payment through cheques and axis bank has also imposed a Penalty of 20 Lakhs for the detection and impounding of counterfeit notes.
- Syndicate Bank is imposed with a Penalty of Rs.1 Crore for contradicting the norms in Checking norms and Risk Management.
Government to form working group to resolve startups’ angel tax issue :
- Industry and Internal trade secretary Ramesh Abhishek notified that government will form a small working group to have a watch over the matter of angel tax profiled by startups.
- This was concluded against the surrounding of various startups raising issues on notices under Section 56(2) of the Income Tax Act to pay taxes on angel funds.Government may further exempt start-ups and investors from paying angel tax.
*Note : Angel Investor – An affluent person who invests his money as capital for business start-up in exchange for an ownership stake in the company.
Dinesh Bhatia Appointed As The Ambassador of India To The Republic Of Argentina :
- The government appointed Dinesh Bhatia, the present consulate general of India at Toronto as the next ambassador of India to the Republic Of Argentina.
- Ranjan has been appointed as the next ambassador of India to the Republic of colombia
P.S.Krishnan received K.Veeramani Award for Social Justice in 2018 :
- K.Veeramani Award for Social Justice 2018 will be conferred on P.S. Krishnan, former Secretary, Government of India.
- Dravidar Kazhagam leader Veeramani will felicitate the awardee at a function in New Delhi.
Former Law Minister of Nepal Nilambar Acharya appointed Nepal’s envoy to India :
- Nilambar Acharya, Nepal’s former law minister,was appointed as Nepal’s ambassador to India in Kathmandu.
- Nilambar Acharya’s oath of office position was administered by President Bidya Devi Bhandari in Kathmandu.
- The position of Nepalese ambassador to India was vacant after Deep Kumar Upadhyay resigned in October 2017 .
Currency: Nepalese rupee
Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli
President: Bidhya Devi Bhandari
Marathi actor Ramesh Bhatkar passes away :
Veteran Marathi actor Ramesh Bhatkar passed away after a battle with cancer. He was 70.During his career, spanning over 30 years, the actor starred in several Marathi films and television series including ‘Aai Pahije’ and ‘Commander’.