DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 10, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 10 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Tamil Nadu tops market borrowings among States so far, in 2020-21:
- Tamil Nadu has raised ₹30,500 crores in the fiscal 2020-21 and topped market borrowings among States in India. Tamil Nadu has accounted for 17% of the borrowings done through the issue of bonds, known as state development loans, according to data from RBI.
- Chief Minister:Edappadi K. Palaniswami
- Governor:Banwarilal Purohit.
Odisha Government Introduces ‘BLUIS’ To Prevent Land Encroachment In Bhubaneswar:
- ‘BLUIS’ stands for ‘Bhubaneswar Land Use Intelligent System’ was launched by Odisha government to put a check on increasing number of land grabbing incidents. It uses Space Technology and AI to monitor changes on Government lands & safeguard from encroachment.
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Chief Minister:Naveen Patnaik
- Governor:Ganeshi Lal
Construction Industry Development Council initiates skill Development Programme in Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
- Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC) established by the NITI Aayog has initiated a skill Development Programme in Andaman and Nicobar Islands to provide ‘Employment oriented training and Skill development’ for the marginalized section.
Rajnath Singh e-inaugurates six strategic bridges in Jammu & Kashmir:
- Rajnath Singh inaugurated six strategic bridges in the border areas close to the International Border and Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir through video-conferencing. This was built in record time by the Project Sampark of Border Road Organization.
Jammu and Kashmir:
- Capital:Srinagar (summer), Jammu (winter)
- Governor:Girish Chandra Murmu
PM Modi addresses inaugural session of 3-day virtual India Global week 2020 organized in UK:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has addressed the inaugural session of 3-day (July 9-July 11) virtual India Global week 2020 based on the theme ‘Be The Revival: India and a Better New World’ organized in UK (United Kingdom) by India Inc. Group, the UK-headquartered media house.
IRDAI Constitutes 9-member Working Group Headed by Suresh Mathur:
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has formed a 9- member working group under the chairmanship of Suresh Mathur, Executive Director of Irdai to look into the possibility of setting up ‘Pandemic Risk Pool’ to deal with the various risks arising out of a pandemic -like health emergencies & recommend the structure and operating model for the Pool within 8 weeks.
IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority):
- Headquarters: Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Chairman: Subhash Chandra Khuntia.
Rajasthan launches ”Pure for Sure” campaign to ensure purity of milk and dairy products:
- Rajasthan state health minister Raghu Sharma, a week-long campaign has been launched in Rajasthan to ensure purity of milk and its products. Samples of milk and dairy products will be collected under the campaign ”Pure for Sure” from July 8-July 14.
- Chief Minister:Ashok Gehlot
- Governor:Kalraj Mishra
15th meeting of India-EU Summit to be held in virtual mode:
- The 15th meeting of the India-European Union Summit will be held in virtual mode on 15th July. The Summit will be co-chaired by PM Narendra Modi, President of European Council Charles Michel and President of European Commission Ursula von der Leyen.
- Previous (14th) India-EU Summit was held in October 2017 in New Delhi.
Banking and Economy:
Global economy to contract by 5.2 per cent in 2020; Global Outlook Report:
- The global economy is likely to contract by 2% in 2020 with the corona virus still spreading and the economic prospects of countries looking muted, according to Dun and Bradstreet’s Country Risk and Global Outlook Report that covered 132 countries.
Acquisitions & Mergers
EESL inks agreement with NOIDA to promote electric vehicles & install charging stations:
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) signed an agreement with the New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA) to promote electric vehicles, install charging stations and related infrastructure. EESL is the world’s largest energy service company.
Science and Technology:
Wildlife researchers rediscover ‘Ypthima watsoni’ butterfly after 61 years in Tripura:
- In Tripura, a team of wildlife researchers has rediscovered ‘Ypthima watsoni’ butterfly commonly known as ‘Looped three-ring’ after 61 years near a village called Phuldungsei in Jampui Hills under the North Tripura district.
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad and NVIDIA to establish joint AI research centre:
- Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad is collaborating with NVIDIA, a multinational technology company, to establish India’s first ‘NVIDIA AI Technology Centre’ (NVAITC) to accelerate research on Artificial Intelligence and its commercial adoption.
Appointments and Resignations:
Grandmaster RB Ramesh Resigns As Chief Selector Of All India Chess Federation:
- Grandmaster R B Ramesh resigned from the post of the chief of Selection Committee of All India Chess Federation (AICF) protesting against interference in Indian team selection process for the online class Olympiad team by Bharat Singh Chauhan.
India ranks eighth for cancer preparedness among 10 Asia-Pacific countries; Australia Tops:
- According to Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) report on “Cancer preparedness in Asia-Pacific: Progress towards universal cancer control”, sponsored by Roche, examines the findings from the EIU’s Index of Cancer Preparedness. It ranked India at the 8th
- The 10 Asia-Pacific countries included in this report were — Australia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam.
Ivory Coast’s Prime Minister Amadou Gon Coulibaly dies:
- Ivory Coast’s prime minister and the governing party’s candidate Amadou Gon Coulibaly for an October presidential election, died just days after returning from two months of medical treatment in France. He was considered as an ex-rebel leader.
Ivory Coast (Côte d’Ivoire):
- Capital: Yamoussoukro
- President: Alassane Ouattara
- Currency: West African CFA franc
Asian Cricket Council announced Asia Cup Cricket tournament postponed till June 2021:
- Asia Cup Cricket tournament, which was scheduled to be held in September this year, has been postponed till June 2021 by the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) owing to an upsurge in COVID-19 cases in the region. It was to be hosted by Sri Lanka.
Two-time European champion weightlifter Andrei Demanov provisionally suspended for doping:
- Two-time European champion weightlifter Andrei Demanov of Russia has been provisionally suspended for doping after testing positive for a banned steroid.
- The International Weightlifting Federation said that Demanov tested positive for traces of DHCMT, an anabolic steroid also known as turinabol which has been widely used in weightlifting and other sports
Joshna Chinappa breaks into top-10 after World No.1 Raneem El Welily’s retirement:
- India’s squash star Joshna Chinappa has broken back into the top-10 of the PSA world rankings following the shock retirement of Egyptian world number one Raneem El Welily.
- The 33-year-old had entered the top-10 for the first time in 2016. Dipika Pallikal is the other Indian female player who has achieved the feat.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.