DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : Jul 11, 2020
Daily Current Affairs (Jul 11 2020) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
World Population Day: July 11
- United Nations Development Programme recommended the introduction of World Population Day in 1989, inspired by the public interest and awareness that was created by “Five Billion Day” on July 11, 1987, when the world’s population reached 5 billion.
- Theme: “How to safeguard the health & rights of women & girls now”.
Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Facebook host webinar for sensitization of MPs on GOAL project:
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs hosted a webinar along with Facebook India in New Delhi for sensitization of Members of Parliament from Scheduled Tribe Constituencies on Going Online As Leaders (GOAL).
Uttar Pradesh start-up policy aims 100 incubators and 10,000 start-ups in state:
- Yogi Adityanath cabinet gave its nod to the Uttar Pradesh Start-up Policy 2020. The start-up policy aims at setting up 100 incubators in Uttar Pradesh and at least one in every district and developing an ecosystem to set up at least 10,000 start-ups.
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
Ministry of Culture to reprint 108 volumes of Mongolian Kanjur under National Mission for Manuscripts (NMM):
- Ministry of Culture has taken up the project of reprinting of 108 volumes of Mongolian Kanjur under the National Mission for Manuscripts (NMM).
- The first set of five volumes of Mongolian Kanjur published under the NMM was presented to the President Ram Nath Kovind on the occasion of Guru Purnima, also known as Dharma Chakra Day, on 4th July.
PM Modi inaugurates Asia’s largest solar energy project in Madhya Pradesh’s Rewa:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi stated that solar energy is going to be a major source of energy needs not only today but in the 21st century as well, because solar energy is Sure, Pure and Secure.
- While inaugurating through video conference Asia’s largest solar energy project in Madhya Pradesh’s Rewa, the Prime Minister stated that Rewa has really created history. Rewa has been identified as Ma Narmada and a white tiger.
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chauhan
- Governor: Lal Ji Tandon.
Himachal Pradesh’s Nadaun police station among best in India:
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur congratulated the state police after the Nadaun police station was declared as one of the best in the country. Certificate of Excellence was provided to this Police Station by Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
- Director General of Police Sanjay Kundu presented this Certificate of Excellence received by him from Union Home Minister to the Chief Minister in Shimla.
- Chief Minister:Jai Ram Thakur
Flipkart signs MoU with Karnataka government to promote local art, craft and handlooms:
- Homegrown e-commerce marketplace Flipkart said it has signed an MoU with Karnataka MSME and Mines department to promote the states arts, crafts and handloom sectors by bringing them on to e-commerce and providing market access.
- Capital: Bengaluru
- Chief Minister: B. S. Yeddyurappa
- Governor: VajubhaiVala.
Maharashtra and SBI to set up stress fund for stuck slum rehabilitation projects:
- Government of Maharashtra along with the State Bank of India is setting up a stress fund to restart stuck slum rehabilitation projects in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) and other urban areas of the state.
- “The government will infuse Rs 700 crore to Rs 1,000 crore in this fund aimed at providing financial support to revive such projects.
- Capital: Mumbai
- Chief Minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
WHO to set up independent panel to review handling of COVID-19 pandemic:
- World Health Organization (WHO) was setting up an independent panel to review its handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and the response by governments.
- Former New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark and former Liberian president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf have agreed to head the panel.
World Health Organisation:
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Head: Tedros Adhanom
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Chief Scientist: Soumya Swaminathan
Banking and Economy:
Mastercard to invest Rs 250 crore to help Indian SMEs amid COVID-19 crisis:
- Global leader in payment technology Mastercard announced an additional Rs 250-crore investment to help small businesses in the country, amid the COVID-19 pandemic. It is focused on helping the small businesses go digital and support women entrepreneurs.
IRDAI gives its nod to Insurance companies to launch “corona Kavach” Health Insurance Policies:
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has allowed 29 general and health insurers to launch short-term ‘Corona Kavach’ health insurance policies. The policy will cover medical expenses occurred due to coronavirus disease.
IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority):
- Headquarters: Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Chairman: Subhash Chandra Khuntia.
LIC Mutual Fund launches eKYC Services Patners With BSE Star MF:
- BSE has now partnered with LIC Mutual Fund to power its eKYC services on BSE StAR MF, the market leading MF platform.
- The digital KYC process will facilitate our Members to ensure zero contact, hassle-free customer on boarding process, especially during this COVID situation.
Bombay Stock Exchange:
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairman: Vikramajit Sen.
- MD & CEO: Ashishkumar Chauhan
Karur Vysya Bank partners with Tata Motors to offer car loans at attractive terms:
- Karur Vysya Bank has entered into an arrangement with Tata Motors to fund buyers of Tata passenger vehicles.
- The Bank informed the exchanges that both existing and new customers will be eligible to avail loans from KVB.
CRISIL appoints Shyamala Gopinath as Additional Director:
- Board of directors of CRISIL has approved the appointment of Shyamala Gopinath as an Additional Director (Independent) of the company with effect from July 10. Gopinath was Deputy Governor at Reserve Bank of India for seven years till June 2011.
- She is currently on the boards of HDFC Bank (as part-time non- executive chairperson and independent director).
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- MD and CEO: Ashu Suyash
- Chairman: John Berisford.
Priyanka Chopra Chosen Ambassador for Toronto International Film Festival:
- Priyanka Chopra announced that she has been invited to be an ambassador to the 2020 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). PeeCee, who starred in the American television show Quantico and Hollywood flicks like Baywatch and Isn’t it Romantic.
- Bollywood filmmaker Anurag Kashyap has also been chosen for TIFF 2020.
BCCI Confirm CEO Rahul Johri’s Resignation After Dramatic 4-year Reign:
- Rahul Johri, the BCCI’s Chief Executive Officer will be moving away from the position this month. The news came to light after the BCCI reportedly revealed that they had accepted the BCCI CEO’s resignation.
- He had put down his papers after the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators (CoA) made way for the Sourav Ganguly-led set-up the run the worlds richest cricket board.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- President Sourav Ganguly
- Secretary- Jay Shah.
Acquisitions & Mergers
T-Hub partners with MeitY and Digital India to lead program for hardware startups:
- T-Hub has announced its partnership with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Digital India to provide scale-up opportunities to the start-ups and make them ready in terms of product, investment and new market access.
ADB and IEA Renew Collaborative Agreement on Energy Sector Sustainability:
- Asian Development Bank announced that it has renewed an MOU with the International Energy Agency (IEA) to scale up collaboration and advance progress on sustainability with an increased focus on energy sector resilience in Asia and the Pacific.
Awards and Recognitions:
Indian Battalion Wins the Annual UNIFIL Environment Award for 2020:
- United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) Head of Mission and Force Commander Major General Stefano Del Col awarded the annual environment awards of UNIFIL to 7 mission entities.
- An Indian Battalion (INDBATT) stationed with UNIFIL was declared first for their project towards reducing waste generation.
Books and Authors:
A book on Dalai Lama’s biography to release in 2020:
- A book titled ‘His Holiness the Fourteenth Dalai Lama: An Illustrated Biography’ will be released in 2020. The book is published by Roli Books.
- The book is authored by one of the Dalai Lama’s closest aides and advisor of over 40 years, Tenzin Geyche Tethong. The biography is a memorable portrait of the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below-given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.