DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : July 29, 2019
Dear Bankersdaily Aspirants,
Daily Current Affairs (July 29, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Karnataka chief minister B S Yediyurappa wins trust vote in assembly
- Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa proved his majority in the Legislative Assembly today.
- Speaker K R Ramesh Kumar declared that the Motion of Confidence moved by the Chief Minister has been passed by a voice vote.
- Later, the House passed the Appropriation Bill and Supplementary estimates for three months.
- After concluding the day’s business, Speaker Ramesh Kumar tendered his resignation.
- Mr Kumar has decided to relieve himself from the office of the Speaker. He handed over his resignation letter to Deputy Speaker Krishna Reddy.
Uttarakhand: Himalayan Conclave being held in Mussoorie
- In Uttarakhand, a Himalayan Conclave is being held in Mussoorie.
- The objective is to discuss various issues related to the development of Himalayan States.
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is attending the conclave as the chief guest.
- Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Jairam Thakur, Meghalaya Chief Minister CK Sangama, Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio and Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog, Dr Rajiv Kumar, are attending the conclave.
- Uttrakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat declared the main agenda for the conclave is water conservation, with focus on conserving rivers, glaciers, lakes and water bodies besides reviving water resources which have dried up over the years.
President Kovind embarks on tri-nations African tour
- President Ram Nath Kovind has left on an official visit to three African countries- Benin, The Gambia and Guinea.
- Union Minister Pratap Chandra Sarangi and Member of Parliament Dilip Ghosh are accompanying the President.
- The President will address the National Assembly in Porto Novo. Mr Kovind will also meet members of the Indian Community at a reception hosted in his honor in Cotonou.
- During the visit to The Gambia, Mr Kovind will hold delegation-level talks with President Adama Barrow in the capital, Banjul, on Wednesday.
- As a special gesture, the National Assembly, which is currently in recess, will hold a special session for the address of President Kovind on the same day.
- On the last leg of his visit, the President will arrive in Conakry, the capital of Guinea on 1st August. Mr Kovind will hold delegation-level talks with his counterpart on 2nd August.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches new website of India Meteorological Department
- Earth Sciences Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan has announced the Ministry is making a signification contribution to the betterment of the country through weather forecasting.
- The weather department’s forecasts help farmers in a big way. The Minister was speaking at a function in New Delhi to mark the foundation day of Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- Dr. Vardhan also launched a new website of India Meteorological Department www.mausam.imd.gov.in on the occasion.
- The website will provide all information related to weather. The Minister said the weather department is doing a good job by providing information related to rain and floods.
14 MLAs of Congress, JD(S) disqualified by Karnataka Assembly Speaker
- The Karnataka Legislative Assembly Speaker, K R Ramesh Kumar, has disqualified the entire 14 rebel MLAs who had submitted their resignation letters to him. Among the disqualified MLAs, 11 are from Congress and three from JD(S).
- Addressing the media in Bengaluru today, the Speaker announced that all of them have incurred disqualification under rule 2(1) an of the 10th schedule of the constitution.
- He made it clear that they are disqualified till the end of the tenure of 15th Assembly ending in 2023 and they cannot get re-elected to the House till then.
- It can be recalled that the Speaker had disqualified three MLAs last Thursday. The disqualification of 17 MLAs has reduced the strength of the House to 208 including the Speaker and a nominated member.
- The only Independent MLA in the Assembly now has expressed support to BJP. BSP leader Mayawati had asked its MLA in the State to vote for the previous Congress-JDs coalition government during the trust vote.
WHO says Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal & Thailand achieve Hepatitis B control
- Bangladesh along with Bhutan, Nepal and Thailand in South-East Asia Region has been able to achieve Hepatitis B control.
- The prevalence of the deadly disease has come down to less than one per cent among five-year-old children says the WHO in its report published on Friday.
- Reviewing the immunisation data for the region, WHO found that Bangladesh has consistently provided above 90 percent immunisation to infants for Hepatitis B over the last many years leading to the control of the disease.
- Preventing Hepatitis B infection in infancy substantially reduces chronic infections and cases of liver cancer and cirrhosis in adulthood.
- According to WHO data viral hepatitis kills 4,10,000 people every year. in the eleven South-East Asian countries where it is running its programme.
Hindu Economic Forum launches its Nepal Chapter
- Hindu Economic Forum (HEF) has launched its Nepal Chapter.
- Nepal’s Minister of State for Health and Population Dr. Surendra Kumar Yadav inaugurated the Chapter in Kathmandu last evening.
- Member of Parliament from Rajya Sabha and Former Union Minister Dr. CP Thakur also graced the event.
- On this occasion Founder of World Hindu Economic Forum, Swami Vigyananand said economic empowerment is very necessary to get due respect and recognition in the modern world.
- A large number of industrialists, business persons, traders, thinkers and other eminent personalities from Nepali society attended the event.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
CCEA keeps Fair and Remunerative Price of sugarcane at Rs275/quintal
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the proposal in respect of Determination of ‘Fair and Remunerative Price’ (FRP) of sugarcane payable by sugar mills for 2019-20 sugar season.
- The Cabinet kept the FRP at Rs 275 per quintal. The FRP is based on the recommendation of the Commission of Agricultural Costs & Prices (CACP).
- As per its report of August 2018 on the price policy for sugarcane for the 2019-20 season.
- The CCEA approved to provide a premium of Rs. 2.75 per QTL for every 0.1% increase above 10% in the recovery.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
VK Johri Special Secretary in RAW appointed as New BSF DG
- IPS officer VK Johri appointed as the next Director General (DG) of Border Security Force (BSF).
- The order is issued by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) that is headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and has Home Minister Amit Shah as its member.
- Johri, a 1984-batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Madhya Pradesh cadre.
- He is presently serving as the Special Secretary in the external intelligence agency RAW under the Cabinet Secretariat.
Lt Gen Paramjit Singh is appointed as the next Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army
- Lt Gen Paramjit Singh is appointed as the next Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) of the Indian Army.
- He will oversee various operations of the Indian Army including along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir. He will take over the position on 15 October 2019.
- He will replace Lt Gen Anil Chauhan who has been appointed new General Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Eastern Command.
- Lt Gen Paramjit Singh has vast experience in counter-terror operations.
- He is currently serving as the General Officer Commanding of the Army’s Nagrota-based XVI Corps.
Max Verstappen won crazy German Grand Prix
- Max Verstappen clinched German Grand Prix with Mercedes’ Formula One leader Lewis Hamilton starting the race from the pole position and failing to finish the race due to a spinoff.
- The extraordinary race of constantly changing fortunes, multiple pitstops and endless drama, Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel started from last place.
- The race was shortened by three laps after the safety car had led the field away before a standing start.
- Valtteri Bottas crashed out with six laps remaining to leave the gap between the two unchanged at 39 points after 11 of 21 races.
Chandigarh receives affiliation from BCCI; To have its own cricket team
- After nearly four decades, Chandigarh has finally received affiliation from the Board of Control for Cricket in India, thus providing an opportunity for the city cricketers to play in BCCI tournament.
- This was stated by Union Territory Cricket Association (UTCA) President Sanjay Tandon.
- The BCCI had earlier this month told Chandigarh Cricket Association (Punjab) and Chandigarh Cricket Association (Haryana) to merge into the UTCA and form a unified body to represent Chandigarh.
- While CCA (Punjab) agreed to the merger, their Haryana counterparts failed to reach any decision.
- Following the development, Chandigarh cricketers, who were earlier forced to represent Punjab or Haryana to be able to play at the national or international level, can now directly represent the city.
- The city can also now have their own team in the Ranji Trophy and other domestic tournaments organised by the BCCI. Delhi is the only other Union Territory with BCCI affiliation.
India tallied 9 medals at the 23rd Presidents Cup in Labuan Bajo, Indonesia
- Mary Kom won gold in the 51Kg category at the 23rd President’s Cup in Labuan Bajo, Indonesia.
- She defeated Australian April Franks and secured 5-0.
- In the event India won 9 medals. It comprised of seven gold and two silver medals.
- 2018 World Championships bronze winner Simranjit Kaur also won a gold in the event.
- Assam’s Jamuna Boro defeated eteran boxer Giulia Lamagna and secured 5-0 to win the gold in the 54Kg category.
- Dinesh Dagar won a silver medal in the event. He lost to Indonesia’s Samada Saputra and secured 0-5.
- Monika won gold in the 48Kg category by defeating Indonesia’s Endang and secured (5-0).
Khelo India Youth Games to be held in Guwahati next year
- The third edition of Khelo India Youth Games will be held in Guwahati next year.
- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced the decision on his official Twitter handle today.
- It will be conducted in partnership with Indian Olympic Association, School Games Federation of India & Assam as host State.
- The inaugural edition was held in New Delhi, while Pune hosted the second one this year.
International Tiger Day 2019: July 29th
- Every year, July 29 is celebrated as International Tiger Day in order to spread awareness on the conservation and promotion of the protection of the natural habitat of tigers.
- Also known as Global Tiger Day, International Tiger Day was first established in 2010 at Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit in Russia to raise awareness about the decline of wild tiger numbers and to encourage the work of Tiger conservation.
- In the Summit, a declaration was made that Governments of tiger populated countries had vowed to double the tiger population by 2020.
Former Union Minister & Senior Congress leader Jaipal Reddy passes away in Hyderabad
- Senior Congress leader and former Union Minister Jaipal Reddy passed away in Hyderabad last night. He was 77.
- Reddy was Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Urban Development, Petroleum and Natural Gas and Science and Technology in different governments.
- He was 7-time MP and four-term MLA.
- He was General Secretary of the Janata Party for three years. His body has been shifted to his residence in Jubilee Hills.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL