DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: JULY 29 & 30, 2018
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS: JULY 29 & 30, 2018
Dharmendra Pradhan lays the Foundation stone for permanent campus of NSTI for Women in Mohali :
- The Union Minister for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Skill Development &Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, laid the foundation stone for permanent campus of National Skill Training Institute (NSTI) for Women at Mohali, Punjab.This is the first NSTI Institute for Punjab and only one of its kind in India which is exclusively for women.
- The Minister launched a unique Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) which would admit differently abled persons as well, also a first of its kind in India at Mohali. The Institute is presently operating out of temporary campus at Rajpura.
- Shri Dharmendra Pradhan had also launched India’s first in-phone guide and mobile application “Go whats That” in Chandigarh.
PM Modi launches projects worth ₹ 60,000 cr in Lucknow:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched various projects worth 60,000 crore rupees at the ground-breaking ceremony in Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow.
- The ceremony was held to implement 81 of over 1,000 MoUs signed at the Uttar Pradesh Investors’ Summit organised earlier this year.The projects are expected to create over 2 lakh jobs.
- He had attended the concluding session of the two-day ‘Transforming Urban Landscape’ convention. The event marked the third anniversary of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban); the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation of Urban Transfornation (AMRUT); and the Smart Cities Mission.
Shri J P Nadda Launches National Viral Hepatitis Control Program by 2030:
- Shri J P Nadda Launches National Viral Hepatitis Control Program which is strongly committed towards eliminating Viral Hepatitis by 2030 .
- He also released the Operational Guidelines for National Viral Hepatitis Control Program, National Laboratory Guidelines for Viral Hepatitis Testing and National Guidelines for Diagnosis and Management of Viral Hepatitis. Shri Manoj Sinha, MoS (Independent Charge), Ministry of Communication also released the Commemorative Stamp at the occasion.
- Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey and Smt Anupriya Patel, Ministers of State for Health and Family Welfare along with Smt Preeti Sudan, Secretary (Health), Shri Ananta Narayan Nanda, Secretary, Dept. of Posts and Dr S Venkatesh, DGHS were also present at the launch function.
Annual Unified Commanders’ Conference to be held in New Delhi:
- A two-day Unified Commanders’ Conference will begin in New Delhi to review external security challenges as well as the country’s preparedness.
- The conference will be attended by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, Minister of State for Defence Subhash Ramrao Bhamre, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, the Chiefs of Army, Navy and Air Force among others.
International Tiger Day 2018:
- July 29 is celebrated as the Global Tiger Day to raise awareness about the endangered big cats.India post released a special cover in order to promote tiger reservation at Bandipur.
- It is an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation. It was created in 2010 at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit.
- It was created when 13 countries came together in 2009 and pledged to double the world’s Tiger population by 2022 — the next “Year of the Tiger” on the Asian lunar calendar.
World Day against Trafficking in Persons : 30 July
- World Day against Trafficking in Persons is being observed on july 30,which is organized across the world by the United Nations to Combat Trafficking in Persons, urging Governments worldwide to take coordinated and consistent measures to defeat this scourge.
- ‘Responding to the trafficking of children and young people’ is the theme for World Day against Trafficking in Persons.
A project of Rs 215 crore for Meghalaya Milk Mission launched in Shillong:
- Union Minister for Agriculture & Farmers Welfare Shri Radha Mohan Singh participated in the launching of Meghalaya Milk Mission in Shillong .
- Meghalaya Milk Mission will facilitate in achieving the Centre’s goal of doubling farmer’s income by 2022 through promotion of milk business in the state.The Milk Mission will enable the state to substitute the import of milk with the state’s own production.
- Announcing a sanctioned project of Rs 215 crores through National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) at the launching programme of Meghalaya Milk Mission in Shillong , the minister said that the amount will be utilised for various training under dairy farm, chilling centre and purchase of milch animal.
CM- Conrad Sangma
Governor- Ganga Prasad.
Imran Khan to be sworn in as Pakistan PM before Aug 14:
- Imran Khan will be sworn in as Pakistan’s new Prime Minister before 14th of next month. Announcing it, Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) said, it is trying to reach out to smaller parties and independents to form the next government.
Bajrang Punia wins 2nd consecutive international gold at Yasar Dogu International:
- In Wrestling, Bajrang Punia has won his second consecutive international gold while Sandeep Tomar had to be content with a silver medal at the Yasar Dogu International in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Indian wrestlers returned with 10 medals, including seven by women, from the ranking event.
Currency- Turkish lira.
International Army Games 2018 declared open in Moscow:
- The International Army Games 2018 at Patriot Park in Moscow region was declared open by Russian Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu.
- The games are being held from July 28 to August 11 at 24 training grounds in seven countries namely Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Iran, Kazakhstan, China and Russia.
- It is for the first time that Armenia and Iran are co-hosting events of the Army Games.
- The opening ceremony was attended by Indian Ambassador to Russia, Pankaj Saran along with Indian attaches attended the ceremony.
Sourabh Verma lifts Russian Open Badminton trophy:
- Ace Indian shuttler Sourabh Verma lifted the Russian Open Badminton trophy at Vladivostok.
- In the title clash, Sourabh came back from a game behind to beat Japan’s Koki Watanabe, 18-21, 21-12, 21-17, and win his first title of the season.
- Sourabh had won the Chinese Taipei Masters in 2016, and finished runners-up at Bitburger Open the same year.
Currency- Russian ruble.
CLICK HERE TO REVISE: