DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : June 13, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (June 13, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Mela Kheer Bhawani festival was celebrated in Jammu & Kashmir
- Mela Kheer Bhawani festival was celebrated in Jammu & Kashmir on Zeasht Ashtami. In 2019, the day fell on June 10.
- The devotees prayed at the famous Ragnya Devi temple in Ganderbal district, J&K.
- Zyestha Ashtami is celebrated by Kashmiri Pandits across the country and outside as the day marks commencing of annual pilgrimage.
- Jammu & Kashmir Governor: Satya Pal Malik
GST council planned to introduce a new GST return system
- GST Council decided to introduce a new GST return system to facilitate taxpayers. The new plan is worked out to ease the transition to the new return system.
- A prototype of the offline tool has already been shared on the common portal to give the look and feel of the tool to the users. The tool is the same as that of the online portal.
- There are three main components to the new return. One main return (FORM GST RET-1) and two annexures (FORM GST ANX-1 and FORM GST ANX-2).
- The new return system (ANX-1 & ANX-2 only) will be available for trial for taxpayers to make themselves familiar.
- About GST Council
- GST Council decided to introduce a new GST return system to facilitate taxpayers. A plan has been worked out to ease the transition to the new return system.
- A prototype of the offline tool already shared on the common portal to give the look and feel of the tool to the users.
The Union Cabinet approved an extension of Presidents rule in Jammu and Kashmir
The Union Cabinet approved an extension of President’s rule in Jammu and Kashmir for six more months beginning July 3. The central rule has been continuing in Jammu and Kashmir since June 20, 2018.
After the approval of the Union Cabinet, the President Ram Nath Kovind will sign the proclamation for imposition of President’s rule in the state.
The President’s rule which was imposed in J&K on 20 December, 2018 expires on July 2. The Governor of J&K Satypal Malik has also recommended that the President rule in the state may be extended for a further period of six months with effect from July 3.
This is because, Under Section 92 of the Constitution of J&K, there is no provision for further continuation of Governor’s rule after six months.
Amasebailu Becomes First 100% Solar Powered Village in Karnataka
- Amasebailu, a small village situated on the left bank of Haldi river in Udupi.
- It is the first village in Karnataka to have 100% solar-powered houses.
- The dream of the three-year-long project.
- The closing ceremony of the project was organized on June 9. The demand for decentralized small scale energy projects instead of centralized mega-projects is increasing due to growing environmental concerns.
- It is tagged as a Solar Gram Panchayat with about 1858 houses illuminated with solar lamps. The project launched three years ago in 2016.
- It is implemented at a total cost of Rs. 2.13 crore. The project was funded by the Centre and the State Government. The ratio 30:20 and the rest was paid by the Panchayat and charitable organizations.
NDMA conducted training programme for CBRN emergencies
- National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) conducting a basic training programme at the Deendayal Port Trust in Kandla, Gujarat.
- It is a five-day training programme.
- The main aim is to increase awareness and enhancing the preparedness of Seaport Emergency Handlers (SEHs) to respond to CBRN emergencies.
This is the fourth in a series of such programmes.
- It will be conducted at various seaports across the country to enable SEHs to respond suitably to the arrival of specialised response teams.
- The three batches of SEHs were trained at Mangalore, Kochi and Navi Mumbai.
The Union Cabinet approved two Medical Bills that was lapsed in the 16th Lok Sabha session
- The Union Cabinet approved the two Medical Bills, Indian Medical Council (Amendment Bill), 2019, and the Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment Bill), 2019. Both the bills had lapsed in the 16th Lok Sabha session. The Bills will be reintroduced in the upcoming Parliament session.
Indian Medical Council (Amendment Bill), 2019:
- The Bill is aimed at bringing in accountability, transparency, and quality in the governance of medical education in the country. The bill will also provide for supersession of the Medical Council of India (MCI)for a period of two years from August 26, 2018.
- The Board of Governors shall exercise the powers and functions of the MCI as assigned under the IMC Act, 1956. The number of members in the Board of Governors will be increased from existing 7 to 12.
Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment Bill), 2019:
- The Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment Bill), 2019, meanwhile, seeks to extend the period for reconstitution of the Central Council from an existing period of one year to two years so that the tenure of the Board of Governors may be extended for a further period of one year with effect from May 17, 2019.
NTA to conduct IGNOU entrance exam for MBA and BEd courses for Jan 2020 admission
- Entrance examinations of IGNOU’s MBA (OPENMAT) and B.Ed programmes are conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) across 100 cities across India.
- NTA conducting Computer Based Entrance Test for higher educational institutions. Candidates who seek for admission and recruitment purposes Test will be conducted in an efficient, transparent manner.
- It is Computer Based Entrance Test for IGNOU done by JNU University.
The decision because of the agency’s expertise in holding entrance exams transparently, efficiently and swiftly.
- The test for admission to MBA – OPENMAT – and entrance for B.Ed programs for January 2020 admissions will both be conducted by the NTA on July 27 at more than 100 cities across India.
- The complete details of the programs are available on the IGNOU website http://www.ignou.ac.in. The online registration ends in July 1, 2019.
Government of Japan To Invest Rs 13,000 crores In Northeast India
- The Government of Japan planned to invest an amount of 205.784 billion Yenequal to Rs 13000 crores to complete new projects in different states of India’s North- Eastern region.
- This decision is disclosed after a meeting held with Minister Jitendra Singh with Japanese delegation led by Ambassador Kenji Hiramatsu.
- The important topics where Japan collaborates include Guwahati Water Supply Project and Guwahati Sewage Project in Assam, Northeast Road Network.
- The main project established all over Assam and Meghalaya and Biodiversity Conservation and Forest Management Project in Sikkim and Tripura, Technical Cooperation Project for Sustainable Agriculture & Irrigation in Mizoram, Forest Management Project in Nagaland.
- The Japanese contribution to the development and transformation of the North-Eastern region in the last three to four years.
- Prime minister: Shinzō Abe Trending
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese Yen
RANKING & INDEX
India ranked 113 out of 176 countries in End of Childhood Index
- According to the 3rd End of Childhood Index Global Childhood Report 2019, India ranked 113 in 176 countries with 769 scores out of 1000.
- The Index released on May 28, 2019, by ‘Save the Children’, a United Kingdom (13K) based non-profit organization which works for child rights.
- The countries are decided on 8 parameters namely child mortality, malnutrition, lack of education, child labor, early marriage, adolescent birth, displacement by conflict and child homicide.
- cores were out of 1000.The country topped Singapore with a score of 989 . 8 European countries figured among the top 10. South Korea at 10th position. The last rank is given to the Central African Republic 394
The top 3 countries at this End of Childhood Index are:
- 1 -Singapore
- 2- Sweden
- 3 -Finland
DRDO successfully tested the indigenously developed HSTDV along with several technologies
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted the maiden test of an indigenously developed Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV) along with several technologies on 12 June.
- The HSTDV missile was successfully launched from Dr Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha. The missile was tracked by various radars, telemetry stations and electro optical tracking sensors through its course.
- Scram-jet technology is dual-use technology. It will have multiple civilian applications when developed successfully. It will also be available for long-range cruise missiles.
- The combustion of fuel takes place in a chamber in the missile at supersonic speeds, in scram-jet technology. It can be used for launching satellites at low cost.
Union Cabinet approved the setting up of Defence Space Research Agency (DSRO)
- The Cabinet Committee on Security headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the setting up of Defence Space Research Agency (DSRO), a new agency, which will develop sophisticated weapon systems.
- The approval aimed to To enhance the capabilities of the armed forces to fight wars in space.
Members of DSRO:
- The agency will be headed by a Joint Secretary-level scientist. DSRO would constitute a team of scientists which would be working in close coordination with the tri-services integrated Defence staff officers.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI to infuse Rs.15,000 crore into financial system through the purchase of government bonds
- The Reserve Bank of India is to infuse Rs.15,000 crore into the financial system through bond purchases on June 13.
- RBI made the decision after assessing of prevailing liquidity conditions and also of the durable liquidity needs that are going forward.
- RBI uses Open Market Operations (OMO) for injecting liquidity into the system through the purchase of government bonds (G-sec).
- Therefore, RBI is to conduct the purchase of six G-sec under OMOs through multi-security auction using multiple price method.
IDBI Bank reduced its MCLR by 5-10 basis points to 8.95 percent
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)-owned IDBI Bank reduced its Marginal Cost of funds based Lending Rate (MCLR) by5-10 basis points to 8.95% across various tenors with immediate effect on June 12.
- Against one-year MCLR most of the customer loans such as auto, personal and home loans are priced.
- The marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) refers to the minimum interest rate of a bank below which it cannot lend, except in some cases allowed by the RBI. It is an internal benchmark or reference rate for the bank.
RBI sets up 6 member panel to examine the ATM charges and fees
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has set up a high-level six-member committee under IBA Chief Executive V G Kannan. The committee will examine ATM charges and fees by banks amid demands for reviewing the levies.
- There have been persistent demands to change automated teller machines (ATM) charges and fees as its uses are growing significantly.
- Head of the Panel: IBA Chief Executive V G Kannan
- The members are Dilip Asbe (CEO, NPCI), Giri Kumar Nair (CGM, SBI), S Sampath Kumar (Group Head, Liability Products, HDFC Bank), K Srinivas (Director, Confederation of ATM Industry), Sanjeev Patel (CEO, Tata Communications Payment Solutions).
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Max Life Insurance Company launched ‘My Protection Quotient’ Tool
- Max Life Insurance company one of the famous insurance companies in India announced the launch of a unique proprietary tool, ‘My Protection Quotient’ (MyPQ) its commitment to ensuring financial protection in the country.
- MyPQ a smart tool designed to gauge the level of an individual’s financial protection and their main aim to promote awareness and importance of term plans in protecting the financial future of families.
- This tool will help consumers gauge their preparedness for their life stage goals and protection against unplanned eventualities of life. Max Life insurance to drive the agenda of financial protection in India.
Bihar Govt approved the proposal to punish children who abandon their elderly parents
- The Bihar State Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has approved the proposal to punish sons and daughters, who abandon their elderly parents, with jail term. The approval was announced on 11 June.
- The proposal was moved by the state’s social welfare department. Such cases will be registered under the non-bailable section after receiving complaints from elderly parents.
- The decision is expected to have huge impact in society in taking care of the elderly, who are at times neglected or abandoned by their wards.
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
- Chief minister: Nitish Kumar
- Capital: Patna
Arjun Munda Tribal Affairs Minister launched the e-governance initiatives for ST Welfare schemes
- Shri Arjun Munda Tribal Affairs launched the “e-governance initiatives for ST Welfare schemes” . It is organized by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. Smt. Renuka Singh Saruta, Minister of State for Tribal Affairs
- These e-governance initiatives serve their purpose of the betterment of tribal communities across the nation.
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs officials to prepare a Databank of the previous beneficiaries of the schemes of the ministry on a priority basis.
- He emphasized that the officials of the ministry have to achieve the target of completion of its tasks before time.
- Smt. Renuka Singh, Minister of State for Tribal Affairs made great initiatives for the Scheduled Tribes welfare schemes will be proved as a milestone.
AGREEMENTS & MOU
IRSDC signed a Tripartite Agreement with SNCF and AFD
- French development agency, AFD gave €700,000 to French Railways, SNCF to provide technical know-how to the Indian Railway Station Development.
- This agency to provide finance up to €7,00,000, through French National Railways (SNCF)-Hubs and Connexions to support the Railway Station Development Programme in India.
- IRSDC entered into a tripartite agreement with SNCF and AFD.
The agreement provides in-kind grant financing up to EUR 7,00,000, through SNCF-hubs and connexions
- It is a technical partner to IRSDC to support the Railway Station Development Program in India. There will be no financial liability on IRSDC or Indian Railways.
- The agreement signed in the presence of Angadi, Jean Baptiste Lemoyne, Minister of State, Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, Government of France, Alexandre Ziegler, Ambassador of France in India and senior officers.
- Prime minister: Edouard Philippe
- Capital: Paris
- President: Emmanuel Macron
International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) re-branded as World Athletics
The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the international governing body for the sport of athletics, changed it name from IAAF to World Athletics.
The members of IAAF council have approved the rebranding at an IAAF Council meeting held in Monaco on 8th June. The process to rebrand IAAF began on January 2018.
The new name and logo has been designed to represent the modern and positive face for athletics. Also, it aims to attract the younger audience.
It will see the organisation take on its new name and a re-designed logo after the 2019 World Athletics Championship in Doha in October.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.