DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : June 17, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (June 17, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Mann Ki Baat Indian radio programme is to resume on June 30
- Mann Ki Baat Indian radio programme hosted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in which he addresses the people of the nation on All India Radio, DD National and DD News. Mann Ki Baat is toresume on June 30.
- The programme aims to deliver the Prime Minister’s voice to the general masses of India. It also aims to spread joy, positivity and celebrate the strength of 130 crore Indians. People can share their questions on the NaMo App Open Forum.
- People can dial the toll-free number 1800-11-7800 to record the messages. This will be the first Mann ki Baat episode after Modi assumed office for the second time. The first episode of the second season will be broadcasted on All India Radio, on June 30.
- The final episode of the last season was aired on February 24 and the program was later discontinued during the Lok Sabha elections. It was originally released on 3 October 2014.
Centre is to set up a high level task force for Agri reforms
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced that the Centre is to set up a high-level task force for agri reforms. The decision was made in the fifth meeting of the NITI Aayog governing council.
- The task force is for undertaking structural reforms in agriculture, including strengthening logistics, produce marketing, food processing as well as changes to the Essential Commodities Act.
- The PM has pitched for foundational reforms in the agri-economy, leading to a complete transformation of the agriculture sector in India.
Kimberley Process Inter-sessional Meeting 2019 held in Mumbai
- The Intersessional meeting of Kimberley Process (KP) will be hosted by India from 17th to 21st June 2019 in Mumbai.
- Besides this, two special forums regarding Diamond Terminology and Artisanal Mining – Small Steps to Larger Outcomes, will be held during the Intersessional.
- India is one of the founder members of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme and is the Chair of Kimberley Process for the year 2019 with the Russian Federation as Vice Chair.
- Alok Vardhan Chaturvedi, Director General, Directorate General of Foreign Trade, has been designated as KP Chair 2019 and Rupa Dutta, Economic Adviser, Department of Commerce, is India’s KP Focal Point.
Assam government to set up Skill University at Darrang district
- Assam government will set up a Skill University at the cost of 850 crore rupees at Darrang district. Mission Director of Assam Skill Development Mission, AP Tiwari said that the proposed institution will be known as Skill City.
- This will be perhaps the first skill university of the country with a capacity of 10 thousand seats.
- Capital: Dispur
- CM: Sarbananda Sonowal
- Governor: Jagdish Mukhi
NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope to Retire in 2020
- After nearly 16 years of exploring the cosmos in infrared light, NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope will be switched off permanently on Jan. 30, 2020.
- Spitzer is a small but transformational observatory. It captures infrared light, which is often emitted by “warm” objects that aren’t quite hot enough to radiate visible light. Spitzer has lifted the veil on hidden objects in nearly every corner of the universe, from a new ring around Saturn to observations of some of the most distant galaxies known.
China’s largest ever Picasso exhibition
- The largest Picasso exhibition ever held in China opens, featuring more than 100 works, many of them from the artist’s early years.
- Featured works include paintings, sculptures and drawings, and are accompanied by photos of the young Pablo in Barcelona and Paris. The first Picasso exhibition in China was held in 1983.
- his year’s exhibition, which runs until September 1 at the UCCA Center for Contemporary Art in Beijing, focuses on the artist’s first 30 years.
BANKING & FINANCE
J&K Bank is now under the purview of RTI Act and CVC guidelines
- The Jammu and Kashmir Bank is now under the purview of Right to Information Act and Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) guidelines. The decision was taken by the Board of Directors of the Jammu and Kashmir Bank.
- he move will ensure greater transparency and accountability. The decision is after the removal of Parvez Ahmed as the Chairman of the J&K Bank. He was accused of alleged corruption, nepotism and favouritism.
- Being a government-owned bank, the bank without any choice is to be under RTI. It has been registered under the companies act as a government company. The bank is expected to be brought under the RTI and CVC guidelines by the end of June.
- Founded on: 1 October 1938
- Headquarters: Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
- Interim Chairman: RK Chibber
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
India can boost exports of 350 products to US, China amid trade war
- Commerce Ministry of India made a study the trade war between the US and China offers an opportunity to India for boosting exports of as many 350 products such as chemicals and granite to these countries.
- The ongoing trade war between the US and China an opportunity to India for boosting exports around 350 products such as chemicals and granite to these countries.
- These products are part of the study carried out by the commerce ministry.
Both the US and China are imposing heavy import duties resulted in trade war kind of situation.
- Around 151 domestic products includes diesel, X-ray tubes to displace the US exports to China. Around 203 Indian goods like rubber and graphite electrodes have the advantage to displace Chinese exports to the US.
ZestMoney offers first-of-its-kind EMI insurance
- India’s largest and fastest growing consumer lending technology company ZestMoney, partnered with Digit Insurance to offer EMI insurance to the company’s five million customers.
- The policy will cover EMI cost in the event of hospitalization, death or permanent disability. The insurance product is specifically designed for ZestMoney’s customers which can be availed while applying for a loan on the digital platform.
AGREEMENTS & MOU
Punjab Govt. to prepare water management plan with Israel Group
- Punjab Minister Sukhbinder Singh Sarkaria met a team of experts from Israel in Chandigarh to prepare a comprehensive water management master plan for the state.
- Earlier, the Israeli team visited various parts of the state to assess the present situation and the challenges in the water sector in the State.
- The National Water company of Israel M/s Mekorot and Punjab Government had signed an agreement in April 2019.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Zuzana Caputova sworn as Slovakia’s first female President
- Zuzana Caputova sworn as Slovakia’s first female President. The swearing-in ceremony took place at Constitutional Court chair Ivan Fiacan parliamentary session held in Bratislava, Xinhua.
- After her sworn in the ceremony she insisted to maintain and strengthen this space of the pillars of Slovakia. She is the fifth president in the modern Slovak.
- She was elected in the month of March. She defeated Smer-SD candidate Maros Sefcovic.
- Capital: Bratislava
- Currency: Euro
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Suman Rao from Rajasthan Crowned Miss India 2019
- Suman Rao from Rajasthan won Femina Miss India World 2019 Title.
- The ceremony held at the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Indoor Stadium, New Delhi. Shivani Jadhav, Chhattisgarh won Femina Miss Grand India 2019 title. Shreya Shanker, Bihar won Miss India United Continents 2019 title.
- The show was hosted by Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar and actor-anchor Maniesh Paul along with Miss World 2017 Manushi Chhillar.
- Suman Rao is a CA Student who is studying at Rajasthan.
- Chhattisgarh’s Shivani Jadhav an engineer crowned management student Shreya Shanker.
- Telangana’s Sanjana Vij won as Miss India Runner Up 2019.
Social activist Makarand Tilloo won ‘Save Water Hero Award’
- Social activist Makarand Tilloo won ‘Save Water Hero Award’. This award presented to him in order to encourage his efforts to raise awareness about water conservation in the city. The ceremony was held in Pune, Maharashtra.
- He is a Laughter Yoga trainer and motivational speaker and its campaign to save water by replacing leaking taps with new ones. He was honored by the HridayMitra Foundation with the presence of writer and philanthropist Ramchandra Dekhane and foundation president Shrikant Mundada.
- He is the founder of a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) named Jalrakshak Prabodhini.
World Archery Championships: India settles for silver in men’s recurve final
- The Indian men’s recurve team today bagged a silver medal in the Archery World Championships at Den Bosch in The Netherlands. Indian trio of Tarundeep Rai, Atanu Das and Pravin lost to Chinese team of Ding Yiliang, Wei Shaoxuan and Feng Hao 6-2 in the summit clash.
- India thus ended their campaign with one silver and two bronze medals won in the women’s compound team and individual events.
- The men’s recurve team was playing in the final of World Championships after a gap of 14 years. This was India’s sixth silver at the World Championships where the country is yet to win a gold medal.
World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought observed on June 17
- World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought day is observed every year on June 17. The theme for this year is “Let’s grow the future together”.
- To promote public awareness of international efforts to combat desertification. Land degradation neutrality is achieved through problem-solving, strong community involvement and cooperation at all levels.
- Minister for Environment, Forests and Climate Change: shri. Prakash Javadekar
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.