DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : June 21, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (June 21, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Government to set up 51 incubators for aspiring entrepreneurs
- The GoI set up 51 new incubators for startups in the information and communications technology space across India. As part of its Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs (Tide) 2.0 scheme
- They will offer financial and technical support to incubators supporting ICT startups that are involving usage of deep technologies including artificial intelligence, blockchain, robotics, and internet of things in the identified areas of societal relevance.
- The scheme categorized the selection of incubators into three categories:
Group 1 Centre (G1C), G2C, and G3C. More than 270 incubators and accelerators are managed by academic bodies, private players, government, and corporate.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chairs the 20th Meeting of the FSDC in New Delhi
- Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs chaired the 20th Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) held in New Delhi.
It was attended by senior officers of the Government of India and the Financial Sector Regulators.
- The meeting reviewed the current global and domestic economic situation and financial stability issues including those concerning Banking and NBFCs.
About Financial Stability and Development Council
- Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) is an apex-level body constituted by the government of India. It is super regulatory body was first mooted by the Raghuram Rajan Committee in 2008.
Bangladesh country channels are now on DD Free Dish
- India-Bangladesh cooperation a channel owned on the Doordarshan Free Dish will be available for the viewers of Doordarshan in our country. DD India would be made available in Bangladesh for being viewed by the people in that country.
- This arrangement is as a result of the MoU signed between Prasar Bharati and Bangladesh TV (BTV). BTV World of special interest to the viewers of Eastern India.
- President:Abdul Hamid
- Prime Minister:Sheikh Hasina
Mike Pompeo canceled his trip to Sri Lanka due to unavoidable reason
- The US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has canceled a trip to Sri Lanka due to unavoidable reason. In his visit he had planned to show solidarity with Christians attacked in Easter Sunday suicide bombing.
- An evangelical Christian, Pompeo has frequently spoken of religious freedom concerns around the world. Coordinated attacks in Sri Lanka on churches and luxury hotels on Easter Sunday killed 258 people, including 45 foreign nationals.
- The Sri Lankan government said the attacks were carried out by a little-known local Islamist extremist group, National Thowheeth Jama’ath, with videos later showing bombers pledging allegiance to the Islamic State group.
WHO launched a new tool to handle AMR named “AWaRe”
- The World Health Organization (WHO) launched a global campaign named “AWaRe” urging governments to adopt a tool to reduce the spread of antimicrobial resistance (AMR), adverse events and costs.
- It is developed by the WHO Essential Medicines List. It is classified antibiotics into three groups – Access, Watch and Reserve. The AWaRe campaign – ‘AdoptAWaRe, Handle antibiotics with care’
- The main aim to increase the proportion of global consumption of antibiotics in the Access group to at least 60% and to reduce the usage of the antibiotics from the Watch and Reserve groups.
About World Health Organization:
- Established: April 7, 1948
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Director-General: Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
BANKING & FINANCE
Bangladesh emerged as the fastest economy in Asia-Pacific: Asian Development Bank
- According to the Asian Development Bank (ADB), Bangladesh emerged as the fastest growing economy among the 45 countries of the Asia-Pacific region.
- Higher public sector investment, stronger consumption demand, revival in exports, improved power supply and higher growth in private sector credit were the key factors of the high growth performance of Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh registered a growth rate of 7.9%. They predicted that the growth will be 8% in the next financial year 2019-20.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina
Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- President: Takehiko Nakao
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Microsoft’s GitHub takes over pull panda for code-review collaboration
- Microsoft owned GitHub acquired US(United States) based start-up Pull Panda. Firm which creates code review tools for the platform for an undisclosed sum.
- Pull Panda offered its products include Pull Reminders, Pull Analytics, and Pull Assigner as a subscription model.
- All these products available for free at GitHub Marketplace. Microsoft announced its intention to buy GitHub in June, 2018 for $7.5 billion, one of its largest acquisitions till date.
- Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
- CEO: Nat Friedman
Unemployed Graduates To Get Up To Rs 3,500 in Rajasthan
- Unemployed youth who completed their graduation or equivalent degree will be given unemployment allowance by the Rajasthan government.
- Male applicants will get Rs 3,000/month, While the women and differently-abled will get Rs 3,500/month under Chief Minister Yuva Sambal Yojana. The applicants must be natives of Rajasthan
- Chief minister: Ashok Gehlot
- Capital: Jaipur
Punjab Government set to launch a universal health insurance scheme
- Punjab Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu State Government to launch its flagship universal health insurance scheme named “Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana(SSBY).
- The Health scheme will be the first of its kind in the state and provide annual health cove of Rs. 5 lakh per family to 43.18 lakh families of Punjab. Health Minister Balbir Singh Sidhu administered government hospitals, 364 private hospitals in Punjab where the beneficiaries would get the secondary and tertiary care treatment.
- Around 14.86 lakh families will be covered under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM JAY). The cost of the premium for the families covered under the PM JAY by the Centre .
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Amarinder Singh
- Governor: V.P. Singh Badnore
AGREEMENTS & MOU
NHA and ICICI Foundation signed a MOU to train 15,000 personnel under Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- National Health Authority (NHA) and ICICI Foundation for Inclusive Growth signed a Memorandum Understanding (MoU) to train 15,000 state and district personnel.
- They are trained for Pradhan Mantri Arogya Mitra scheme. They are to provide the delivery of health services under Ayushman Bharat Scheme for a period of one year.
- The main aim is to check the capacity building of health personnel. The state personnel are assigned the responsibility to implement the scheme in their respective states.
- Arogya Mitras, the health service professionals are present at each empanelled hospital. lCICl Academy for Skills conducts the training programme at its 20 centres.
Ayushman Bharat Scheme-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- To provide a cover of up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization. The cover to over 10.74 crore vulnerable entitled families
- CEO: Indu Bhushan
MoU between The North Eastern Council (NEC) and the National Productivity Council (NPC)
- The North Eastern Council (NEC) and the National Productivity Council (NPC) have agreed on a tie-up venture in the area of capacity building and evaluation of projects.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is to train officials in the area of project implementation and management including third-party evaluation of projects, energy auditing, and digitization for smart governance .
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Alok Vardhan Chaturvedi gets extension as DGFT
- Senior bureaucrat Alok Vardhan Chaturvedi was on Tuesday given extension of over three months as Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), a Personnel Ministry order said.
- Chaturvedi, a 1986 batch IAS officer of Bihar cadre, will continue upto September 30, i.e. the date of his superannuation, beyond June 18, it said. He is Director General, Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT).
India name 23-member squad for Asian Junior Badminton Championship
- India named a 23-member squad to represent the country at the Asian Junior Badminton Championship. The tournament will be held in Suzhou, China.
- Boys’ singles challenge by Manipur’s Maisnam Meiraba Luwang. An impressive total of 1000 points by virtue of a fine run in the domestic circuit.
- The girls’ team led by Malvika Bansod of the Airport Authority of India.
- She topped the list with 1000 points.
- Ishaan Bhatnagar and Vishnuvardhan Goud lead India’s challenge in the boys’ doubles competition, while Aditi Bhatt and Tanisha Crasto the ones to watch out for in girls’ doubles.
Fifth International Yoga Day being celebrated on June 2
- International Day of Yoga aims to raise awareness worldwide about the benefits of practicing yoga. The 2019 Theme: “Yoga for Climate Action”.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi led the nation in celebrating yoga day from Ranchi in Jharkhand. The main function held at the Prabhat Tara ground in Ranchi. Prime Minister insisted on integrating yoga with health schemes.
- Government has integrated yoga with health and wellness to make it a pillar of preventive health care. At Gujarat 1.51 crore people participated in the celebrations. Governor of Gujarat O.P. Kohli and Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
- Prime Minister participated in the event through video conferencing early this morning. Tamil Nadu, several programs were organised by Central Government offices, Central and state Government schools and yoga groups.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.