DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : June 23, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (June 23, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
Jammu & Kashmir Government to open 18 AMRIT stores
- Jammu and Kashmir Government is planning to open 18 AMRIT (Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment) stores in all the Medical colleges, Hospitals and prominently associated hospitals of the State.
- The purpose of the initiative is to provide quality and affordable medicines to the end users.
- AMRIT pharmacies, operating under the aegis of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, offer more than 5200 drugs, implants, surgical disposables and other consumables at average discounts up to 60% of the maximum retail price.
- In the previous year, 118.52 lakh people in country availed its services at a lesser price than its MRP.
Shri RK Singh approves Dispute Resolution Mechanism for solar and wind sector
- In a major decision to facilitate the solar and wind energy projects, Shri RK Singh, Union Minister of State for Power and New & Renewable Energy (IC) and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship has approved a proposal.
- The proposal is to set up a Dispute Resolution Committee to consider the unforeseen disputes between solar/wind power developers and SECI/NTPC, beyond contractual agreement.
NCERT organises Fourth National Yoga Olympiad of school children
- National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) organized 4th edition of National Yoga Olympiad of school children in New Delhi.
- The Olympiad was inaugurated by the Director and UNESCO Representative for India, Mr. Eric Falt. This year 567 students from 33 States/UTs participated in the Olympiad.
- The purpose of olympiad was to create positive attitude among all human beings and promote peaceful living together in the society.
A water clinic for elephants opens on the banks of the Yamuna
India has opened its first specialized hydrotherapy treatment for elephants suffering from arthritis, joint pain and foot ailments near the Wildlife SOS’ Elephant Conservation and Care Centre (ECCC), which currently houses 20 rescued elephants and is run in collaboration with the Uttar Pradesh Forest Department and the NGO Wildlife SOS.
- Situated on the banks of the Yamuna in Mathura, the new hydrotherapy jumbo pool is 11-foot-deep and has 21 high pressure jet sprays that create water pressure that massage the elephants’ feet and body and help in increasing blood circulation.
First Bangladesh International Theatre Festival being held in Dhaka
- The first international theatre festival of Bangladesh is being held at Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy in Dhaka.
- It was inaugurated by the Bangladesh State Minister for Cultural Affairs KM Khalid.
- The festival is being organised at the initiative of the Culture Affairs Ministry of Bangladesh.
- Theatre troupes from India, Bangladesh, Russia, China, France, Vietnam and Nepal are participating in the festival.
Einstein’s relativity document gifted to Nobel museum
- The Nobel Museum in Stockholm has been gifted Albert Einstein‘s first paper published after he received the Nobel Prize in 1922 and discussing his then still controversial relativity theory.
- The paper, written in November 1922 while Einstein was attending conferences in south-east Asia, was published a month later by the Prussian Academy of Sciences.
Third Indo-French cyber dialogue was held in Paris
- The third Indo-French cyber dialogue was held in Paris with the intergovernmental meeting co-chaired by Henri Verdier, French Ambassador for Digital Affairs, and Upender Singh Rawat, Joint Secretary in charge of e-Governance, Information Technology and Cyber Diplomacy at the Ministry of External Affairs.
- During this dialogue, both parties shared their threat analysis and presented the latest developments in their respective cyber policies and steps taken for the protection of critical national infrastructure.
- They also exchanged views on the fight against cybercrime and the use of the Internet for terrorist purposes.
- France and India will maintain a continuous dialogue on cybersecurity in order to address their shared concerns.
BANKING & FINANCE
CCI given approval to merge of Indiabulls Housing Finance Lakshmi Vilas Bank
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the merger of the Indiabulls Housing Finance and Lakshmi Vilas Bank.
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank is set to merge with Indiabulls Housing Finance.
- A share swap deal with intent to create a combined entity with a larger capital base and wider geographical reach.
- After the merger, Indiabulls Housing Finance will get access to low cost deposits.
- A geographical diversification and expanded client base and cross selling opportunities.
About Competition Commission of India (CCI)
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Chief executive: Dhanendra Kumar
PSB Canara Bank updates rules for cash deposits of up to Rs 50,000
- From July 1, Canara Bank customers can deposit cash of up to Rs 50,000 for free only thrice a month.
- From the fourth transaction or for cash deposits of over Rs 50,000, there will be a service charge of Rs 1 per thousand, with a minimum of Rs 50 and a maximum of Rs 5,000 plus GST.
- Chairman: T.N. Manoharan
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- MD & CEO: R.A. Sankara Narayanan
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Group of Secretaries constituted on e-Commerce
- Standing Group of Secretaries (GoS) constituted on e-Commerce by Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- GoS under the Chairmanship of Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPI) is constituted to ensure inter-ministerial/inter-departmental coordination.
- The resolving issues, cutting across Ministries and Departments of Government of India in e-Commerce
About the Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Minister: C.R.Chaudhary (Minister of State)
- Departments: Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion
World’s largest mega Kaleshwaram project (KLIP) was inaugurated
- Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIP), claimed as the world’s largest multi-stage and multi-purpose lift irrigation scheme, was inaugurated by Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao at Medigadda where the first barrage of the project is located in Jayashankar-Bhupalapally district.
- The project is intended to irrigate over 37 lakh acres of new and existing ayacut, providing drinking water to Hyderabad and villages en route and supplying water for industrial needs by lifting 195 tmc ft of water from the Godavari at 2 tmc ft a day during the flood season.
Report by President, 35000 km of highways to be built by 2022 under Bharatmala
- According to the President of India, construction or upgradation of about 35,000 kilometres of national highways are to be undertaken by 2022 under the ‘Bharatmala Project‘.
- Also under the ‘Sagarmala Project‘, a network of good quality roads are to be constructed in coastal areas and areas adjoining ports.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
World Archery appoints Abhinav Bindra to sort AAI’s ongoing Mess
- World Archery appointed Abhinav Bindra to sort out the ongoing mess in the Archery Association of India (AAI).
- AAI violated the constitution by unanimously electing two parallel bodies in Chandigarh and New Delhi.
- Archery Association of India (AAI) is the national governing body of archery in India. Its headquarters are located in New Delhi.
HQ: New Delhi
- President: Mr. Arjun Munda
- Secretary: Mr. Virendra Sachdeva
Former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres announces retiremen
- Former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres has announced his retirement from football.
- The 35-year-old Spaniard scored 81 goals across four seasons with Liverpool and won the Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup with Chelsea.
Pankaj Advani clinches men’s Asian Snooker Championship
- India’s ace cueist Pankaj Advani has clinched the 35th men’s Asian Snooker Championship in Doha to complete a career grand slam in cue sports.
- Advani defeated Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 6-3 in the final on Friday to become the only one to win the Asian and World championships in all formats.
- He conquered the ACBS Asian Snooker events – 6-red (short format) and 15-red (long format) – along with the IBSF World Championships in both formats too.
- Having already accomplished it in Billiards, Pankaj had this elusive 15-red Asian Snooker title missing from his silverware collection.
- Pankaj will now take part in IBSF World Cup next week in Doha.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to email@example.com.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL