DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS : June 28, 2019
Daily Current Affairs (June 28, 2019) like many other sections is inevitable and this also helps to score in the Banking awareness, Static GK and Financial Awareness sections. Remember, Banking Awareness and Static Awareness Questions are asked from the General Awareness section. This will also help you to ride your preparations for the forthcoming exams.
Check Daily CA from Race Youtube Channel
7th India-Brunei Darussalam Foreign Office Consultations held in New Delhi
- 7th Foreign Office Consultations between India and Brunei Darussalam held on New Delhi. India led by Smt. Vijay Thakur Singh, Secretary(East) Brunei led by Mrs. Hajah Siti Norishan Haji Abdul Ghafoor, Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Brunei Government.
- The consultations provide an opportunity to review the bilateral relations including political, trade and investment, defense, cultural and people. The two sides exchanged views on regional and multilateral issues.
- The political level exchanges and the current state of relationship and cooperation.They agreed to explore in the areas of cooperation in energy, health and pharmaceuticals, higher education and agricultural sectors.
- Brunei delegation on investment opportunities in India it mainly decided to convene the next round of Consultations in Brunei.
- Capital: Bandar Seri Begawan
- Currency: Brunei dollar
- President: Hassanal Bolkiah
Meeting of Expert Working Group of Paris Pact Initiative to be held in New Delhi
- The Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance is hosting a Meeting of Expert Working Group on Paris Pact Initiative in New Delhi. The meeting focuses on Illicit Financial Flows deriving from the trafficking of Opiates originating in Afghanistan.
- The Meeting is being organised with the support of United Nations Office on Drugs & Crimes. The Meeting will be attended by the representatives of the Member Countries of Paris Pact, Regional Representatives of UNODC and Senior Officers of the Indian agencies like DRI, ED and NCB.
Director General of UNODC: Yury Fedotov.
Next British PM will be announced on 23 July
- The British government has announced that the next Prime Minister and the leader of Britain’s ruling Conservatives will be announced on July 23.
- Former Foreign Minister Boris Johnson and Britain’s current top diplomat, Jeremy Hunt were chosen from a field of 10 by the Conservative party’s 313 MPs, and are now seeking to woo an estimated 1,60,000 party members who will make the final choice.
- Postal ballots will be sent out between July 6 and 8. The deadline for returning them has been set at 5 p.m. on July 22. The announcement of the next leader of the Conservative party is expected to be made on 23 July.
BIMSTEC Day- 2019 celebrated in Dhaka, Bangladesh
- The BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation) member countries consisting of Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Nepal, and Bhutan celebrated the BIMSTEC Day- 2019 in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Dr. A K Abdul Momen, Foreign Minister of Bangladesh was the chief guest of the event. Bishwadip Dey, Acting High Commissioner represented India in the BIMSTEC founding day event.
- The Secretary-General of BIMSTEC M. Shahidul Islam stated that BIMSTEC will be able to achieve further progress in various sectors of cooperation
- Founded: 1997
- HQ: Dhaka, Bangladesh
RANKING & INDEX
MHA released the rankings of Police Stations for 2018; Rajasthan tops the list
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) released the rankings of police stations for the year 2018. It covered 15,666 police stations. 20% weightage was assigned to the police station’s infrastructure and citizen feedback on the performance of the police personnel posted at the police station and they were evaluated on the basis of crimes against women, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes & property related offences.
- The scores were calculated based on the number of FIRS (First Information Reports) chargesheeted within 60 days. The Kalu police station in Bikaner district of Rajasthan was ranked the best police station in the country.
- It was awarded the first rank for its performance in crime prevention, investigation and disposal of cases, crime detection, community policing and maintenance of law and order, women help desk facility, drinking water facility and WiFi.
- The Campbell Bay police station in Nicobar district of Andaman & Nicobar Islands ranked second. It has facilities like a separate woman help desk, a child-friendly room, an IT (Information Technology) room and a proper waiting room for the complainants and visitors.
- Farakka police station in Murshidabad, West Bengal was ranked third for its facilities like air- conditioners, a gymnasium and playground that provides a comfortable environment for public-police interaction, CCTV cameras, fire safety facilities and oxygen cylinders.
- Other stations are Nettapakkam in Puducherry, Gudageri in Dharwad,Karnataka, Chopal in Shimla, Lakheri in Bundi, Rajasthan, Periyakulam in Theni, Tamil Nadu.
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI has asked the public to continue to accept the coins of various denominations
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked the public to continue to accept the coins of various denominations pumped into circulation regularly. The RBI puts into circulation coins minted by the central government.
- RBI said that the coins have distinctive features which are being introduced from time to time with various themes like economic, social and cultural, in order to meet the transaction needs of public. Currently, coins of 50 paise, ₹1, ₹2, ₹5 and ₹10 denomination of various sizes, theme and design are in circulation.
- Because of the continuous complaints about non-acceptance of coins by bank branches, RBI has asked all banks not to turn away customers who come to exchange coins at their branches.
RBI monitors the asset-liability gap, liquidity position, and repayment schedules of housing finance companies
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI), as per its announcement, has started monitoring the asset-liability gap, liquidity position, and repayment schedules of housing finance companies (HFCs). It will be monitored on a daily basis after the liquidity crisis which hit these firms, resulting in defaults.
- National Housing Bank regulates the mortgage lenders. But RBI is of the view that there are possibilities that the liquidity crisis of the HFCs could have a spill over effect on the other segments in the financial sector, including banks. This can affect financial stability which makes it necessary to monitor these entities on a regular basis
- The Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) particularly the mortgage lenders are fighting a crisis of confidence with banks. Because of the debt default by IL&FS in September 2018, the banks have stopped lending to these entities.
RBI launched Complaint Management System to facilitate grievance redressal process
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched Complaint Management System (CMS), on its website for facilitating RBI’s grievance redressal process and also to improve customer experience in timely redressal of grievances.
Complaint Management System (CMS):
- CMS is a software application launched by RBI for lodging complaints against any regulated entity with public interface such as commercial banks, urban cooperative banks (UCBs), Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs). CMS is also provided with various dashboards which will help RBI to effectively track progress in redressal of complaints.
- It is expected that the CMS will maintain trust and sustain the confidence of consumers in the banking system and other financial service providers (FSPs), prompt and effective grievance redressal mechanism together with customers empowerment through education is a must.
BUSINESS & ECONOMY
Max Bupa partners with MobiKwik for health insurance
- Max Bupa, a standalone health insurer entered into a strategic partnership with MobiKwik, a fintech platform to promote affordable and convenient bite-sized group health insurance products for MobiKwik’s 107 Million customers across the country.
- Max Bupa come up with a slew of innovative offerings, including a Cancer cover at a nominal premium. A HospiCash product for MobiKwik’s vast customer base.
- Max Bupa’s HospiCash product provides for a pre-defined daily allowance on the basis of number of days of hospitalisation irrespective of the actual expense incurred by the customer.
- HospiCash will offer ₹500 per day hospital allowance for up to 30 days in a year. The main aim to enable financial inclusion by making pocket-size health insurance solutions available through the Mobikwik platform. The plan to acquire 1 million Mobikwik customers over the next 3-4 years.
AGREEMENTS & MOU
Korean Ambassador to India Bong-kil Shin signed agreement with BMVSS and launched ‘Jaipur Foot Korea’
- Korean Ambassador to India Bong-kil Shin aunched ‘Jaipur Foot Korea’. A collaborative initiative between Korea and Bhagwan Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti (BMVSS).
- This agreement Korea will provide financial and technical assistance to further research and development collaboration in the med-tech sector specifically in the area of prosthetic limbs, bionic arms, 3-D printing-based Flat foot solution, and mobility solutions.
- The Korean ambassador visited the Jaipur Foot centre with experts agreement will open up access to Korean med-tech students. The job is to join the various prosthetic fitment camps in various countries. These countries participate in certificate programs offered by Jaipur Foot.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNS
Samant Goel appointed as the new Chief of Research and Analysis Wing
- Centre appointed Samant Goel, IPS officer, as the new Chief of Research and Analysis Wing. The appointment comes after Samant Goel’s key role in India’s counter-attack on the terror infrastructure in Pakistan’s Balakot.
- Goel is of the 1984 batch and hold the rank of Director General. He is from the Punjab cadre. The appointment was finalized and approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- ACC is headed by PM Narendra Modi and comprising Home Minister Amit Shah.
Head of Amazon India, Amit Agarwal appointed as the Chairman of IAMAI
- Amit Agarwal, Amazon India Senior Vice-President and Country Head named as the new Chairman of Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI). He succeeds Rajan Anandan
- He was the former Google India Managing Director (MD). Dhruv Shringi, Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Yatra appointed as the Vice Chairman of IAMA.
- He succeeds Deep Kalra, Founder and Group CEO of MakeMyTrip.
- Satyan Gajwani, vice-chairman of Times Internet appointed as the new Treasurer of the IAMAI. Subho Ray continues as the President of the association.
- The tenure of the new council is 2 years.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: 2004
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Sameer Gulati bags Rs. 3 lakhs for ‘world’s best coder’ at TechGig Code Gladiators 2019
- 6th Edition of TechGig Code Gladiators 2019 Ex-champion, Sameer Gulati won the title as ‘world’s best coder’. He won prize money of Rs 3 lakhs a trophy and a certificate
- The event was held at Reliance Corporate Park, Navi Mumbai. The event featured 10 hackathon theme rounds on technologies which includes Chatbots, Robotic Process Automation, Fintech, Software Testing, and New Commerce.
- Around 2.6 lakh coders fought for 87 days to claim the title this year. Around 21 per cent (55,633 out of 2,62,906) were female coders.
TechGig Code Gladiators 2019
- Industry: Competitive programming
- Headquarters: Gurgaon, India
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Oracle launches Crime Mitigation solution for smaller banks
- A multinational software firm in the United States Oracle introduced a new tool that will help small & mid-sized banks to tackle fraud. The Oracle Financial Services “Anti Money Laundering Express Edition (AMLXE)” designed to detect, investigate, and report suspected money laundering and terrorist financing activity.
- They targeted at smaller banks to comply with regulatory norms with a limited budget. It uses new architecture principles to offer quick deployment on premise or on cloud infrastructures allowing firms to transition at reduced implementation costs.
- The solution includes an in-built library with scenarios have the ability to detect money laundering behaviours. The solution designed to allow visual scenario configuration, reducing coding overheads, and enabling easy adaption to ever-changing compliance demands.
- Founded: 16 June 1977
- Headquarters: Redwood City, California, U.S
- Founders: Larry Ellison, Bob Miner, and Ed Oates
Sofia Kenin won the Mallorca Open Title 2019
- Sofia Kenin of the United States won the Mallorca Open Title 2019. Belinda Bencic of Switzerland with 6-7 (2), 7-6 (5), 6-4 points in the finals.
- The 4th edition of the tournament was held at Santa Ponsa Tennis Club in Mallorca, Spain. This was her second WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) singles title of the season.
About Mallorca Open Title 2019
- Champion: United States Sofia Kenin
- Runner-up: Switzerland Belinda Bencic
Famous Actor-director Vijaya Nirmala passes away
- Veteran South Indian film actor and director Vijaya Nirmala passed away while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Hyderabad on June 26 night. She is survived by her husband and hero of yesteryears Krishna. She was 73.
- Nirmala, born in Tamil Nadu, made her debut at the age of seven as a child artiste in a Tamil movie Machcha Rekhai (1950). She entered the Telugu film industry through the film Rangula Ratnam and acted in over 200 films in Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam.
- Though she began her career as an actor, later she took many roles in her career as producer and director.
Attend Current Affairs Quiz for the Month of May – 2019 from the link that is provided below.
Learn the Other Day Current Affairs from bankersdaily Team from the link that is provided below.
Buy the Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability & English Language Topic Wise Tests – Online Tests from the below given links.
If you have any doubts regarding the 4 new Topic Wise Test Packages, kindly mail your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
#1 TRENDING VIDEO in Race YOUTUBE CHANNEL